Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

soaphroniscuss

Even though the transfer window isn't over and has barely been open lots of credible reports / sources that players have rejected the idea to join the club / uncertainty of the future (which is crazy to comprehend that a club the size of Manchester United can be in such a predicament).
Lots?

Marcelinho87

Even though the transfer window isn't over and has barely been open lots of credible reports / sources that players have rejected the idea to join the club / uncertainty of the future (which is crazy to comprehend that a club the size of Manchester United can be in such a predicament).
Have you made this up?

romufc

I also think the theory that the clubs with the most famous managers get the best players, isn’t very credible. I don’t expect evidence to back up that claim very well.
I totally agree with this, just because we have Ole in charge does not mean we won't attract players. Valverde the Barca manager doesn't have huge pedigree.

Poch at Spurs didnt have pedigree.

Mike Phelan's Former Tash

Van Gaal and Mourinho also gave chances to young players. Any manager can do that. Being able to work well with the players and improve them is a different thing. One that is not being achieved by having experience of being part of the club.
Van Gaal did yes, Mourinho didn't really besides McT but that seemed to be for his own agenda so it couldn't be said he didnt, he even made an award up for him.

McT btw has looked better under OGS than he did for Mourinho

passing-wind

Have you made this up?
Castles and Luckhurst have referenced this on more than one occasion most recently with Pepe for example. There's been numerous reports about the difficulties of the upcoming window because of all the aforementioned issues.

sp_107

I would be happy if he get rid of all dead wood and start signing good players....if he cant handle the job atleast his new signings could be vital to the new manager. Most important thing is building a right team and see where will be Ole by December

Snuffkin

start signing good players..
All of our signings have been good players. You could argue the worst one (Fellaini) performed the best. We need to sign players who aren't a risk and can fit in straight away. Signing mainly young players is an ok strategy but they sometimes can't step up to the biggest stage.

el3mel

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...se-80m-striker-Romelu-Lukaku-sold-summer.html

United would look to add more height up front should Lukaku depart but manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer views Marcus Rashford as the club's main frontman. Lukaku, who still has three years on his contract with the option of another on top, has scored 28 goals in 55 Premier League starts at United.
If Rashford is our main striker next season then season is over before it even begins.

Fingers crossed it's just journalism fabrication or something.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...se-80m-striker-Romelu-Lukaku-sold-summer.html

If Rashford is our main striker next season then season is over before it even begins.

Ole as our manager, Rash as first striker, Jones and Young in defence, Lingard as our poster boy, James and Longstaff as our main targets, Pogba and Dave want to go.
Summer 2009 with Obertan, Diouf and Valencia looks like jackpot now

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

I'm not sure why people would expect anything other than Rashford being our main striker next season? He was our main striker for Ole's half season and there isnt any reason to change that if he believes in him (which he and many of us do as well).

fergiesarmy1

Ole as our manager, Rash as first striker, Jones and Young in defence, Lingard as our poster boy, James and Longstaff as our main targets, Pogba and Dave want to go.
Summer 2009 with Obertan, Diouf and Valencia looks like jackpot now
At least get behind Ole, he’s a legend. The players sure as shit weren’t behind him towards the end of the season the shysters

Eriku

I’m encouraged by the fact that Ole’s been very clear that he wants transfers done and players showing up in good shape for pre-season. Hopefully, having laid down the groundwork, we can maintain a higher activity level so that we can execute Ole’s tactics and not get out-run and out-fought.

fergiesarmy1

I’d rather finish 10th with a fresh young team trying, than another 6th with overpaid lazy wankers putting a shift in only when they be arsed

Xaviboy

Ole wants to add more height upfront it says in that dailymail article. I don't know why because we don't have players who have the ability to cross the ball from either wing for the big centre forward to score.

fergiesarmy1

Even if the "fresh young" team didn't improve?
I’d rather give it a try and fail with young players putting a shift in and showing some pride, than fail with these overpaid, some overweight cowards. Quite a few onto their fourth manager at united now.

Crashoutcassius

I’d rather give it a try and fail with young players putting a shift in and showing some pride, than fail with these overpaid, some overweight cowards. Quite a few onto their fourth manager at united now.
If we keep teaching them that they can down tools and have each manager blamed then we will have to change the squad every 2 years.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
So, who's going to change the words to the Stone Roses tune now? Can't be signing about Sanchez and Fred next season, possibly not Pogba either. Nice tune though.

Best maybe not to have any player's names in there.

Snuffkin

Best maybe not to have any player's names in there.
I agree. Focussing on individual players is what babies do. It's got to be about ethos. What do we stand for? Panache, flair, decency, defiance, hope. I don't like it when managers come in and say it is about hard work. Ole has said it a few times. I know some players may be guilty of being lazy but there are worse things ie- disloyalty, selfishness. If a player is lazy then they are being managed by a demotivator.
If it was just about perspiration then Moyes would have been the best manager in the world. A computer can pick players based on remote analysis of work rate during training.

Ole got those players together by offering something different, not the cold leadership of a dictator but the hope that together they can beat anyone. It worked for months. I don't know why the cause died. Carrick and Mike and Ole must know why it fizzled out. Maybe a change in playing staff will help but whatever we think, those collection of misfits sure did take the premier league by storm. If they hadn't drawn with Liverpool the scouse would be sitting on a double right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Didn't know where to put this.
People expecting Ole to do miracles with players that have failed several managers are expecting alchemy. You cannot turn dirt into gold. You just can't.

AaronRedDevil

Or the manager, these players have had enough chances and excuses now. Time for a complete clear out.
But you just said if we finish 10th with a young team. Now that young team isn't good enough, so we'd have to clear them out and start again :D.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
People expecting Ole to do miracles with players that have failed several managers are expecting alchemy. You cannot turn dirt into gold. You just can't.
Maybe more the fact that some of that 18 should have been dumped by previous managers. Now Ole has been left with the problem and he will likely put his faith in ones who should have been dumped years ago. Hopefully he can do it and realise players just do not fit with how he want United to play, which I expect to be faster, more aggressive and with accuracy.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The people who want slow rebuild are having a laugh. These players have failed repeatedly.

R'hllor

Yea you cant but you can expect for players like Jones and Young no to get their contracts under him and you can expect not to hear nonsense like "they won things int he past" (more like being carried) as reason why he gave them those contracts.

The people who want slow rebuild are having a laugh. These players have failed repeatedly.
Slow rebuild will just put us in same position where we are now, just pour gasoline over that squad and be done with it. 90% of those players dont deserve the wages they take.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Ole Gunnar needs to make bold decisions in order to rebuild our squad and the first transfer window is his best chance to make significant changes. First step this summer must be to get rid of the deadwood. Sell players who isn’t motivated. Install a fitness coach of highest caliber. Let the players be accountable of fitness levels.

Decide how the club is going forward regarding formation and style. Present a vision for the future so everybody can see that we have a plan. Be bold.

Buy smart and long term.

Meunier, Rabiot and James is a no brainer. Quality for a low cost. I prefer British talent atm because of our position as a top club. We will probably have to pay premium so we need to invest wisely.

Once again. Don’t hesitate. This transfer window is your golden chance to succeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.