Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
There are no excuses for Ole. None. Despite Ed and the board being shit, he has been really poor, probably the worst since Fergie. And that is all on him

BlueHaze

Didn't your father know that Sir Matt played both for City and Liverpool?
Rafa is a professional manager. It was his job as the manager of Liverpool to do his best for them.
That said I don't think he should be hired. Not because he was at Liverpool but because he is not the right choice.
All of you guys who talk about Rafa and shite would jump at the chance to get either Klopp or Pep.
The man is still getting standing ovations from some at Shitefield ffs give me a break. He hates us just as much as we hate that fat bastard and thats that..

croadyman

I do feel like a tactically sound manager would get more out of this team. Similar to what we saw when Pep finished 3rd in his first season and Klopp 8th in his. Yes I appreciate they didn't win the league but at least you could see a style of play.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Why are people talking about Benitez??? I'm not even a United fan but wow... you must be desperate.

Madzik_92

According to Henry Winter, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s job as Manchester United manager is safe even if they suffer a bad defeat by Liverpool next week. :(

Shimo

Not sure when he came in or under what circumstances but Ole had to firefight the first few months, then it went south as the season closed out. Then it was holiday time. We start the season, starts ok then falls apart due to injuries, lack of options and general shit performances from certain players.

Firing Ole will not solve much, we will be back here arguing in 12 months
Go back to Ole's words during our winning run, how do we do once we start losing or facing adversity. How do we do when we go down a goal? Take an objective view of how he has handled it and it has been amateurist at best.

As a manager, watching games when things are not going right on the pitch, how often have we seen him adjust the team tactically or through smart subs to really affect the game? Almost never and the latter part of last season, it happened, we should have seen signs but, there weren't. We were told he needed a preseason and fitter players to sort it out. That hasn't worked out very well.

As a manager, who has had ample time to assess those available to him, know their strengths and weaknesses, you'd think he'd be prepared in the eventuality of injuries/suspensions. What is his approach based on the squad he has available? Stick to the same formation as though he had everyone available. Play players out of position like playing a 17 year old Striker on the wing while a 21 year old winger gets played as a striker and playing the likes of Mata and Gomes together well because they are the closest he has available to stick to that one formation he knows.

Even the most basic of managers would know that if you don't have the personnel to play your favored approach, you adjust based on what you have. Only if you are tactically inept, do you then just try random players in positions / roles they don't really excel at and hope for a performance out of them.

He had Young, Dalot as fullbacks, and only has James and Rashford as real forwards as Greenwood as much as he talks him up, does't rate him as a forward and in midfield he has the options of McTominay, Fred and Matic, none who are great creators from deep, in the first 2 he at least has 2 hard working mobile players. So how about fielding a 3-5-2. Allowing Rashford who is not really great as a lone #9 to have a partner in James who can also get in behind, thus not having 2 CBs at all time watching him and they'd both have someone to play off of as well rather than being totally isolated all game. In Dalot and Young, you do have 2 players that can provide width and in Tuanzebe, Maguire and Rojo (or Lindelof when he was fit) he had defenders that he could count on to make a pass out of the back and still be good defensively and in McTominay and Fred players that could get up in support of the forwards as they push up.

It doesn't even have to be a 3-5-2, it could be a 4-3-3, 4-5-1, 4-4-2 Diamond or even just old traditional 4-4-2. Point is he could adjust and not use the excuse oh I have injuries and players that are performing shit who need their heads sorting out so I can play just one way. He needs his head sorting out to know that whatever positives he is seeing are a figment of his imagination.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
According to Henry Winter, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s job as Manchester United manager is safe even if they suffer a bad defeat by Liverpool next week. :(
How the feck is somebody not losing their job a reason to be sad?

feck me some of you people need to get a real fecking good dose of reality. First somewant saudi's and next people are going to be happy our manager is getting sacked. What the feck is wrong with you people.

E-mal

feck me some of you people need to get a real fecking good dose of reality. First somewant saudi's and next people are going to be happy our manager is getting sacked. What the feck is wrong with you people.
Perhaps it is you that need to get down from your high horse, holier than thou place.
It is clearly obvious he is incompetent, what do you expect us to wish of someone who is incompetent?
It is just a matter of time, he is not good enough! The problem is how much irreversible damage will he be allowed to wreck before he is relieved of his role?

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Perhaps it is you that need to get down from your high horse, holier than thou place.
It is clearly obvious he is incompetent, what do you expect us to wish of someone who is incompetent?
It is just a matter of time, he is not good enough! The problem is how much irreversible damage will he be allowed to wreck before he is relieved of his role?
Its not a fecking high horse you muppet. Its basic morality and ethics as a human being.

redshaw

I can see the board looking at Norwich and Bournemouth. A draw or loss would be expected against Pool.

shahzy

Its not a fecking high horse you muppet. Its basic morality and ethics as a human being.
Don’t think you have to worry too much about that mate. The pay off he will get will have him set for doing nothing and still living comfortably for the next 5-10 years.

what you do need to worry about as a fan is how fecking shit we are

Revaulx

You know what, Southgate is starting to seem a really frightening and likely possibility for me.

English. "Gets the league", "man of tradition", "uses youth", "respects United and knows what the club's history stands for".....most importantly, and this will not be issued as soundbites or quotes:

"Will be chuffed to be here and will not rock the boat and demand big money signings / will play Chongy every week".
Glad it’s not just me that sees this.

Neville, the red tops and the top reds will all love it. It’s the only way for Ed to be able to get rid of Ole without losing face.

Madzik_92

Yeah he's the one don't see the problem

Marcus

I think Ole is too nice a guy for this job. Needs to be able to rule with an iron fist. Otherwise the players will just think they know better and dismiss his tactics and strategies. Things like the penalty fiasco do nothing to dispel that notion. A united front is better than calling out players and speaking the truth. If he is presenting a united front in public and laying down the law in the dressing room I would be fine. Somehow I doubt he has the players' respect and is probably too polite to ruffle feathers.

Micky Targaryen

You have around 15k posts on here and I can't believe what you just posted. If you can't comprehend why most of us Manchester United fans want our current manager to be sacked for the better good of our beloved club, you really don't belong on a football forum.

Enigma_87

You know who
Just when you thought the bar couldn't get any lower in this thread, they went and suggested Rafa as Ole's replacement.

United fans indeed.
The fat waiter is twice the manager Ole is so he will be an improvement none the less.

Alabaster Codify7

Glad it’s not just me that sees this.

Neville, the red tops and the top reds will all love it. It’s the only way for Ed to be able to get rid of Ole without losing face.
Yeah it would be yet another clever play from Woodward that will guarantee him and the Glazers another cheap couple of transfer windows.

Wolff

I do feel like a tactically sound manager would get more out of this team. Similar to what we saw when Pep finished 3rd in his first season and Klopp 8th in his. Yes I appreciate they didn't win the league but at least you could see a style of play.
You saw exactly the same with both Klopp and Pep. They stuck with their principles until the players got it right, and then kept buying players into those principles. Exactly the same, and same type of fans was just as kne jerk then.

Enigma_87

You know who
He will get millions in severance package. For a year service he will be paid more than what he has gained so far 10 years in management. It's not like he will be homeless after this.

AlwaysRed66

The same Busby who spent his entire playing career at Liverpool and City? ;)

Benitez til the end of the season would be an enormous improvement on Ole.
I would lose the will to watch football with him in charge. His negative tactics were awful at Newcastle who seem gluttons for punishment, but Man Utd fans are not as stupid surely. Allegri, Benitez, Conte, Simeone, I cannot believe some of the names mentioned here. Who wants to be bored to death. Haven't we suffered enough these last seven years.

Untd55

I would lose the will to watch football with him in charge. His negative tactics were awful at Newcastle who seem gluttons for punishment, but Man Utd fans are not as stupid surely. Allegri, Benitez, Conte, Simeone, I cannot believe some of the names mentioned here. Who wants to be bored to death. Haven't we suffered enough these last seven years.
That is what happens when you pick the lowest of the low. Pretty much anything is an improvement. You could scrape the bottom of the barrel and still end up with a better manager than Solskjaer.

TheRedDevil2019

What makes it worse, is that Ole's a fecking club legend. Some could at least show the guy some loyalty FFS, giving him the time needed to have this clearout. Clearly the bulk of this team is not good enough and mentally should be nowhere near the club, every time they face a grilling from the manager they sulk and play to get him sacked.

The fact we have some poster's treating Ole's sacking like Xmas has come early is a sad incitement towards genuine fans. (Who would never bask in the firing of a legend desperate to return the club to former glories).

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
I can see the board looking at Norwich and Bournemouth. A draw or loss would be expected against Pool.
It's incredible that he's still even in a job now...

The board and Woodward are getting what they deserve here, feck em.

Roboc7

You saw exactly the same with both Klopp and Pep. They stuck with their principles until the players got it right, and then kept buying players into those principles. Exactly the same, and same type of fans was just as kne jerk then.
How can anyone compare Ole to Klopp and Pep, they are top class coaches with a clear style of play and proven quality. Ole isn’t, never has been and probably isn’t going to transform into one. Ole’s tactics and plan are very outdated and basic, not his fault it’s just what he has probably done all his career at a different level.

It’s not knee jerk anymore it’s nearly half a season of being relegation candidates, pretty much any Premier League manager with that kind of record is getting the sack.

Sterling Archer

Certain members of the squad feel McKenna and the coaching staff have not worked enough on creating new patterns and options for play in the final third.
Worth noting how critical we were of Jose for feeling like he didn't do the same. At least we knew he was a defense dark arts master.

Ole and his crew have come in flaunting Uniteds attacking heritage. You'd think they'd focus on rejuvenating it

Jackal

Worth noting how critical we were of Jose for feeling like he didn't do the same. At least we knew he was a defense dark arts master.

Ole and his crew have come in flaunting Uniteds attacking heritage. You'd think they'd focus on rejuvenating it
The attack has gotten worse under them.

We are struggling to score against world class teams like Rochdale, AZ Alkmaar and Newcastle.

Russky14

Yeah it would be yet another clever play from Woodward that will guarantee him and the Glazers another cheap couple of transfer windows.
As I stated yesterday in the accounts (someone posted the link), a business talks about all various risks FOREX, hedging business outlook. These are generic health warnings to any business but you can read through a few paragraphs where Woody talks about "competiveness of other clubs", "if we do not achieve UCL or EL qualification and/or downturn in performance of the mens 1st team". Along with a forecasted revenue reduction for this current Fyr, then putting all thee together Woody & Glazers are cutting their cloth. The club on this path will effectively be in this mire for years with others over taking them in terms of money generation due to lack of success and hence, commercials taking a hit.

There is only one way out & that is the Glazers committing sheds loads of money by converting & offloading their class B voting shares on market. But will the greedy chuffers do this, with Woody at the helm. People were dissing Merson for his 700m required. Well amazingly thats the number I came up with earlier in the week and remember the football transfer value economics was blown out of the water by PSG re Neymar (Scouserpool got a double whammy of getting their front 3 prior to this and then selling Countinho for double bubble after it and this is how they got Van Dyk & the goalie chuffin lucky beggars!) The club requires c10 to 12 players, a mixture of 1st teams squad players and youngsters over 3 windows + a DoF. Do this & the mire will only last 4 years max.

However, what chance is there that the latter will happen re investment.

Last edited by a moderator:

ifightdragons

The man is still getting standing ovations from some at Shitefield ffs give me a break. He hates us just as much as we hate that fat bastard and thats that..
You're not one for sound arguments. Shame history is lost on you too.
Everyone should obviously recruit from wherever necessary. With your attitude, Sir Matt Busby would have been unwelcome at the club, and as a result we would not have the legacy we have today.

Shitefield? Grow up. You can dislike Liverpool without being an unstable 7 year old.

Status
Not open for further replies.