Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Pochettino was ready to come. He was eyeing our transfer budget which is significantly bigger than Spurs, it was the carrot we were dangling for him.

I wanted to wait until the end of the season and give it to Ole if he managed to get some good result, or give it to Poch otherwise. A 6th place finish isn't doing miracles or making the case for a permanent job, even Guus Hiddink would have achieved that with us.
I agree he did seem ready to come and that would have been the best decision we have made since signing Ronaldo. However, if Spurs is in the champions league and United is in the Europa league, it would take a huge, ridiculous incentive to Lure Pochettino here.

Clear the cnuts out and let Ole build from scratch.

Too many not good enough, not interested enough or think they’re bigger than the club.
Why should we trust Ole to build from scratch? Shouldn’t we give this responsibility to a manager who is more proven with a positive philosophy?

BlueHaze

This has officially become the new Moyes era. The football we play is some of the most dreadful stuff I've seen in my life. He's probably going to end up resigning in October.

Celoti23-81

Who replaces him mate? And who does better with this squad?

Serious question.
Well we’re on to the 4th manager now and it’s still garbage. How many managers do we need to go through? How do you see Klopp doing with this team?
There is no style of play whatsoever. Tell me what the utd way is again?? Cause I don't remember SAF parking the bus every fricking game to counter attack. We defend with 10 players in our box at corners. The best counter attacking teams leave 3 strikers up top when defending corners! Liverpool by example are an excellent counter attacking side, but they dominate most of the games. We always play on the back foot.

Mister_Stubbs

For the millionth time, Klopp, Pep and Poch DON’T WANT TO MANAGE MAN UTD and work under Woodward/Glazers. I’d have those 3 at Utd in a heartbeat but forget it, it’s not happening!

And the other underwhelming managers you listed would have exactly the same problems here that LVG/Jose/Ole is experiencing.

Our issues run far, faaaaaar deeper than the head coach.
The question wasn’t “if you could choose any manager who would it be”.. it was “who would do better?” I named names. Anyone who thinks nobody would be doing a better job than what Ole is doing right now is stupid.

Greck

I am not sure what style is he trying ro achieve. Seems more of like Mourinho but a much worse version. Defend deep and hit on the counter. He talks the talk but he has not shown he can back it up. I feel bad for him but he really seems out of his depth here.

Also Woodward sitting there. Wish someone just smacks him hard. His face makes me angry now.
Amateur level decision making throughout his tenure. Blew his load early. Constantly takes the popular sentiment. No insight of footballing wisdom. It's no different from having twitter users vote on key club decision. I doubt he would even have been promoted to manager where he worked as an investment banker.

Do you watch the game? Our players are fecking shit!
Yeah they are. So why make them worse by playing half of them out of position? Our tactics and substitutions have been genuinely baffling recently.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
The same set of players, last season, helped us finish 2nd - the best we've done in the league since SAF retired. Beat every top 6 team on the way. We need someone who can get the best out of them.
True to an extent but other sides have also improved while we have been through transition. We need a more good players who fit into Ole's profile

WPMUFC

it's almost as if we needed to see him for a full-caretaker period. Fan/boot room power fecking us over again.

THERE WAS NO REASON to make him full manager now. we could've done it in the off season.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Ole should get time to build his team but it's worrying how mismanaged/disorganised a team we look.
My biggest concern is the fact that we look as bad as we did earlier in the season when it was clear our manager was sabotaging the club and certain players (Pogba) were definitely trying to get him sacked.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I’m also starting to get worried. I was under the assumption we’d be getting a DoF in to help with things but now that looks like unlikely.

No DoF figures would severely handicap OGS’ chances of doing well in my opinion, meaning like all his predecessors he has to do everything by himself whilst Woodward blissfully counts the sponsorship deal money.

If there’s no DoF figures coming in or stepping up within, then I’d be sceptical about OGS being manager.
Agree entirely.

Rajma

I really don’t like him not using our youth players enough when we have proven dross in the squad that gets to start games like this.

ArjenIsM3

Ole: “The players deserve to get the chance to come in for pre-season and show what they’re capable of. Are they fit enough? Are they hungry enough? Do they want this enough? Do they want to give everything to the team? Or do they think only about themselves?” #mufc [Telegraph]

Where? All I'm saying is I'd like him to talk about the need for more quality. He doesn't but gives the kind of rhetoric from any managers handbook. Sorry I'm not exciting by the players deserve a chance comment. How many chances have they had already....?
Watching the game by any chance? Wonder why he's asking for players that work harder?

Nick7

The same set of players, last season, helped us finish 2nd - the best we've done in the league since SAF retired. Beat every top 6 team on the way. We need someone who can get the best out of them.
Yeah that was great. But we needed to improve the team to keep up with the rest. We needed to improve to get closer to first. We didn't. Some fecking ridiculous Mexican stand off happened in the summer and the team has been affected ever since. We only have one full back that's in any way decent ffs. No one will make that defence a league winning defence. We need a better manager and to improve what's out there. Especially if it's true half of them want to leave.

DRM

Why oh why didn't we go for Klopp when he was available. Yet another shit season is on its way

Gomes

Ole should do Gary Neville and know when the time is up, right?

TsuWave

So “thorough recruitment process” is “this lad has got a winning run and says the right things in interviews”?

No wonder we gave Moyes a 5 year deal, and extended Mourinho’s.

Can’t even wait til the end of the season to evaluate everything, got to stay true to Knee Jerk FC traditions
gave him a 3 year contract, will likely give him money and another year to then come to the realization he's not the one. More over, will likely struggle to sack him due to the fanbase being too invested in the romantic idea of having a legend at the helm. such a fecking mess.

flappyjay

Everyone knew McTominay has been playing better than Matic of late yet he still threw that been stalk in. I am not saying we would be winning with mctominay but we would probably not be looking a man short in midfield

Yagami

Good post resistant
They're not great, but we've been outplayed by Everton, Wolves, West Ham and Watford to name a few recently. Ole's tactics are part of the problem, too.

Minimalist

Call me old fashioned. But I’d like to wait until he can actually have a) a pre season with the team and b) get some of his preferred incomings and outgoings.

He might be ballsing up with tactics or selection (I have no idea to be honest) but I can’t get over the sheer shite quality some of these players exude.

We have no consistent performers. And most notable to me we have no striker that other teams actually fear (Rashford is a squad player at best anywhere else).

El Zoido

The club is toxic, no elite manager is going to want to work under this hierarchy. We need to drop further to the point where the Glazers sell up, it’s the only way.

Rafaeldagold

Where we even looking for a first team manager before signing him?

Seems so BS that we though we'd get someone great in, but then just sign the person we'd got in as interrim.

Not a knock on Ole, but it's a huge risk to give him a summer of spending. We need people like Klopp, Guardiola, even Pochettino who are tried and tested in the transfer window.

Ed and our board are killing us man.
Yep I agree it’s a huge risk to put Ole in charge of a massive summer of recruitment- he’s not tested at this level & never had to do a rebuilding job. I don’t even know how you’d define his style of play..what is it? What players fit that?

I feel we may have given the permanent managers job too quickly

Fracture90

Problems won't just go away overnight. Fact is, we're being run by a guy who's, judging by his actions, knows little to nothing about football, we're run by a manager who doesn't have enough experience, nor, dare I say it tactical nuance by the looks of it. Out squad is a Frankenstein monster built by 4 different managers. We lack drive and urge, some seem happy with dialing it in and picking up their paychecks each week. Radical changes are needed.

Mcking

It is never a good thing when the players look completely clueless on the pitch every game. Solskjaer can't keep hiding behind the players, it is looking more and more like Moyes.

Telegram Sam

Part of me hopes he realises he isn’t up to the task, does the right thing and resigns.

Looks like another clanger dropped by the club. He and the players look utterly lost at the minute.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Hired him too soon. We needed to see him go through shit like this, and how many losses is it now in how many games?

Poch was such an obvious choice.

flappyjay

There is no style of play whatsoever. Tell me what the utd way is again?? Cause I don't remember SAF parking the bus every fricking game to counter attack. We defend with 10 players in our box at corners. The best counter attacking teams leave 3 strikers up top when defending corners! Liverpool by example are an excellent counter attacking side, but they dominate most of the games. We always play on the back foot.
Exactly, Ole has got us back playing Jose ball again. For the last 15 minutes we were even playing long balls to Rom. The manager is shite, the players are shite and the board is shite. The whole club is shite from top to bottom that's the reality of our situation

reddevil702

I mean is there even a possibility he doesn’t make it past this season? We look very likely to lose every game bar one this month.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Yeah that was great. But we needed to improve the team to keep up with the rest. We needed to improve to get closer to first. We didn't. Some fecking ridiculous Mexican stand off happened in the summer and the team has been affected ever since. We only have one full back that's in any way decent ffs. No one will make that defence a league winning defence. We need a better manager and to improve what's out there. Especially if it's true half of them want to leave.
Whos fault is it? Our board. The same board who've now rushed into giving the job to an unproven manager which in truth is as bemusing as giving Moyes the fecking job.

Godfather

Why oh why didn't we go for Klopp when he was available. Yet another shit season is on its way
It's not only Klopp though that we have overlooked. Tuchel, Hasenhüttl, Rose, Favre.... all managers that are known for exciting attacking football. Not even looked at.

Status
Not open for further replies.