Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giggs86

People blaming Ole make me laugh.

Put Allegri in charge with the chaotic set up at the club behind the scenes and we'd not do much better. LVG n Jose were experienced managers with track records. They both failed.

It's not the manager guys. The players aren't good enough and the owners and CEO are a cancer on this great club. Without Fergie they have been exposed.
I agree, that's why we need a ruthless manager, someone like a young Mourinho to come with his demands prior to signing the contract. Giving the owners a strict list of the overhaul that must be done from day one, and a guarantee of full backing in the market. This plus a clear vision of structure and a game style.

Option two is a management/ownership overhaul, but we know that's not gonna happen.

SAFMUTD

May be "average" but the players in bold would get in our squad.

Spurs the whole squad isn't average.

Trippier, Alli, Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Dier, would all get in to our squad.
De Gea, Shaw, Lindelof, Pogba, Matic, Rashford would get into the starting squad of most of the top 5.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
He has shown that he knows the club culture and profile of players we should be bringing in. The legend status is there. Well spoken. It would have been a great move after the disaster finale. But naw, we hired him months ago.

Do you think Ole would go for it?
It would never have been a great move. Since when does well spoken and knows the club land you a job as Manchester United manager? Why not have Neville or Scholes as managers then? Its a fecking joke. He isnt even a good enough manager for Everton let alone us.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Potential solution:

Move Ole to DOF and finish the supposed thorough search for a manager.
The trouble is he's even less experienced as a DOF than as a manager. If we're going to have a manager learning on the job, we at least need to make sure the DOF knows what he's doing.

SAFMUTD

It’s like Real appointing Solari.

Of course they fixed that mistake right away. We will need another year to learn from our.
And 200 millions throwned into the trash, the difference is that Madrid’s failure is to not win trophies, our failure is to end out of the top 4. A world of difference in their and our ambitions.

Sterling Archer

May be the only face saving way we get out of this mess.
That's really the only way I'm thinking. How do we nip the mistake in the bud without being disrespectful of a legend that really doesn't deserve the fallout that's coming his way.

And have a unexperienced person as DOF? People think we can have anybody as DOF and that will solve things.

Potential solution: sack Ole and make it look like he resigned. That would be the best scenario, save face for the PR and stop this nonsense.
You'd do that to Ole? Having an experienced manager and a man that's United soul thru and thru seems the better compromise

And let's be honest. If Ed fires Ole, he should resign as well. Promoting Ole is probably the only move that idiot has to save this situation

Zaboot

If he loves the club like he says he does he must surely realise that he’s out of his depth and he should suck it up and walk.
Its going to be the only shot he will ever get in a major league not to mind a big club. He will have to be dragged out kicking and screaming before he steps down.

Enigma_87

You know who
And 200 millions throwned into the trash, the difference is that Madrid’s failure is to not win trophies, our failure is to end out of the top 4. A world of difference in their and our ambitions.
Soon it will be too 6, don’t worry.

Woodward makes an awesome job lowering our expectations.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Get a director of football in. Back him and make sure the players we sign fit our long term planning regardless who the manager is.

That said, if we could get poch it would be a no brainer but I don't see it happening at all.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Has my full backing. I'm calling it. We'll win the league next seaso .

Enigma_87

You know who
He fails as manager so he give him an even more important role, in which he has even less experience?
He has played for United, which automatically makes him more qualified compared to some with actual experience.

It’s the United way.

mu4c_20le

It would never have been a great move. Since when does well spoken and knows the club land you a job as Manchester United manager? Why not have Neville or Scholes as managers then? Its a fecking joke. He isnt even a good enough manager for Everton let alone us.
Isn't good enough for Everton? some saying he's not even better than Hughes, Moyes? :lol: the man has won titles, just like Klopp. Have some respect.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Get a director of football in. Back him and make sure the players we sign fit our long term planning regardless who the manager is.

That said, if we could get poch it would be a no brainer but I don't see it happening at all.
That’s all well and good, but that doesn’t alter the fact that he doesn’t know what he’s doing.

Rocknrolla69er

When he first came in the players were motivated and wanted to impress him. Look at the results we got and the football we played, he tactically outclassed some good teams. Soon as the novelty wore off for the players the rot set in.

The players are the problem , not Ole if you cant see that, your deluded.

Get rid of the Egos
Get rid of the lazys
Get rid of the sulks
Get rid of the parasites leaching a wage Sanchez and Rojo
Then get rid of the not good enoughs

Oles inherited an absolute car crash of a squad.

And people still want him sacked, weve turned into Chelsea

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
When he first came in the players were motivated and wanted to impress him. Look at the results we got and the football we played, he tactically outclassed some good teams. Soon as the novelty wore off for the players the rot set in.

The players are the problem , not Ole if you cant see that, your deluded.

Get rid of the Egos
Get rid of the lazys
Get rid of the sulks
Get rid of the parasites leaching a wage Sanchez and Rojo

Then get rid of the not good enoughs

Oles inherited an absolute car crash of a squad.

And people still want him sacked, weve turned into Chelsea
That's about 10-12 players easily, it won't happen so either Ole works wonders or we look for another manager again

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Isn't good enough for Everton? some saying he's not even better than Hughes, Moyes? :lol: the man has won titles, just like Klopp. Have some respect.
Hughes and Moyes both had long, successful careers in the Premier League. Have some respect.

Sterling Archer

And have a unexperienced person as DOF? People think we can have anybody as DOF and that will solve things.

Potential solution: sack Ole and make it look like he resigned. That would be the best scenario, save face for the PR and stop this nonsense.
Also @JohnnyKills

Literally anybody from the football world trumps Ed Woodward making the decisions. Why do people not realize that? From signings, contracts, to managers. Ed Woodward is at the biggest fault for them all. He thinks he knows best!

So whether it's Ole or even Mason Greenwood as DOF, I promise they'd be better than Ed making the decisions. If for no other reason than they might actually respect a good managers decisions. But mostly by not being Ed.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
We’re not going to sack him. Imagine the atmosphere at that 20 year anniversary when he’s playing ffs.

We’ve really fecked up this time by giving him the job before the end of the season.

Irwin99

It's a strange place to be in when you see an absolute legend who has given so much for the club on a run of form like this because if I start having second thoughts about the appointment I feel unappreciative. It shouldn't be that way but it just is as there's undoubtedly an emotional attachment with this appointment.

I think we should give him at least a year but I have to say though I don't feel optimistic about next season at all. We're asking a manager with very little experience to basically rebuild the team from scratch. It's an enormous ask and there are already worrying signs ...Rashford as a centre forward, Smalling, Young, Jones will be here next year on extended contracts, Pogba and De Gea leaving. It's an absolute mess.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
I'm gonna be surprised if he doesn't himself go tbh.
I keep reading stuff like this about how his love for the club would make him step down if he was in over his head, but I’d be amazed if it actually happens. This is Ole’s dream job. Imo there’s no way he voluntarily steps down. Might as well pick another career while at it cos it’d be career suicide.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
The most ridiculous thing I’ve seen on here is people saying it’s knee jerk to say Ole isn’t the right man for us when he’s shown nothing in his managerial career to suggest he should be even close to getting one of the biggest jobs in the world. His entire appointment was based on 15-20 games, a period in which the players all wanted to prove the previous manager wrong and involved performance levels slowly deteriorating the longer he managed them. A deterioration that’s continued each passing week since he got the fulltime job, so much so that we’re now actually worse than when Mourinho left, in fact we’re worse than we were under Moyes. We’re an absolute shambles. On and off the pitch.

When Mourinho left and we hired Ole I was totally on board. He was exactly what we needed, someone to remind the world and ourselves about what Manchester United is about. Mourinho had trash talked the club so much we’d all forgotten. We also needed time to get everything in place for the summer, do a proper process and identify the right man to take us forward and put a structure behind him in terms of recruitment to help him succeed. I actually thought for the first time in a long time we were doing things right. A plan seemed to be in place. Then what do we do!? We get deceived by the most obvious new manager bounce in history, and a plucky yet flukey away win in Paris, stop the process for a new manager and hire Ole fulltime. Now I expect football fans to be fickle and kneejerk, it’s the nature of the beast, people get emotional. What I don’t expect is for the board of one of the biggest footballing institutions on the planet to do so. Yet again the people who run this club have been shown up as the incompetent morons they are.

However, should we sack Ole!? I don’t think it would do much good. We’re in it now and I think it would be wrong to treat him that badly. Anyone with a modicum of sense knew Pochettino was the right man but that ship has sailed and getting him would have actually taken a bit of foresight and ambition, something this club hasn’t had for quite some time. The manager is irrelevant until we get the right recruitment structure in place, so let’s begin by getting that correct. We should be targeting the best young footballers on the planet regardless of who the manager is. This club needs a massive reset player wise and hopefully Ole has identified the deadwood correctly and will integrate some of the talented youth we have next season so at least we can start the long road back to actually looking like a decent side again.

Rocknrolla69er

That's about 10-12 players easily, it won't happen so either Ole works wonders or we look for another manager again
Obviously you cant get rid of 12 players all at once, its a process and a difficult one at that, but then replace the manager and restart the process halfway through, thats madness

He l have to prioritise very wisely the ones to release first, who upsets the dressing room and club values,and influences others to do the same

Id say Martial, Sanchez, Matic, Lukaku and Pogba myself most will disagree

SAFMUTD

That's really the only way I'm thinking. How do we nip the mistake in the bud without being disrespectful of a legend that really doesn't deserve the fallout that's coming his way.

You'd do that to Ole? Having an experienced manager and a man that's United soul thru and thru seems the better compromise

And let's be honest. If Ed fires Ole, he should resign as well. Promoting Ole is probably the only move that idiot has to save this situation
Without flinching. The club success should be above anyone.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Sack him now. Before its far too late.
well its already probably to late, first we would have to search for a new manager/director of football would need time to assess a the squad, see who is causing the obvious attitude problem who they can work with, then get target lines up.....

it's already too late for this summer, we need to fire him so we can start planning for the summer of 2020.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Obviously you cant get rid of 12 players all at once, its a process and a difficult one at that, but then replace the manager and restart the process halfway through, thats madness

He l have to prioritise very wisely the ones to release first, who upsets the dressing room and club values,and influences others to do the same

Id say Martial, Sanchez, Matic, Lukaku and Pogba myself most will disagree
There is no way for us fans to know who upsets the dressing rooms (although it can be easy to guess in the case of Sanchez and his wages)

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
well its already probably to late, first we would have to search for a new manager/director of football would need time to assess a the squad, see who is causing the obvious attitude problem who they can work with, then get target lines up.....

it's already too late for this summer, we need to fire him so we can start planning for the summer of 2020.
He wont make top 4 next season. He just wont

JK-27

You mean the same Klopp who's just reached his second CL final in a row and nearly won the league? Are you for real?
Your point being what? Has he won anything yet? Even LVG has won the FA Cup, and that's more than Klopp to date.

Playing nice but winning nothing is not what we want. Any fan who will accept second place season in and season out is not a fan.

Sterling Archer

Without flinching. The club success should be above anyone.
Fair enough. And I agree.

I don't think Ole would take it the wrong way either. He loves the club. My only issue is, if Ole goes we need to also get Woodward out. He is the undoing of us, regardless of the manager

Status
Not open for further replies.