Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seij

What's really concerning with Ole's time as the manager so far is that our best games under him have been the first few games immediately after he took over. Mourinho had checked out when Ed didn't give him the players he wanted, and was clearly feuding with some of the players. When he was fired, the players were happy to go out there and prove themselves under a new, very positive manager. However, since the honeymoon period was over, we've been dire without showing signs of progress.

Compare that to Guardiola and Klopp, where they had rough starts but you could clearly see their direction and their teams kept improving to where they are now.

Last edited:

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
As a neutral fan. I must say this is the first time in many years I am impressed with United. Finally they want to built a young team without spending way too much money on bad old players. And yes, this takes time. But it's the best thing that has happened since Ferguson by fay.
Oh so its either that or old bad players.. How about great fecking players at a proper age we should be able to afford them seeing as we are the richest club in the world. And enough of how this is how Fergie did it 30 bloody years ago, football has changed.

Frank Grimes

The last two games we have not been right. The midfield seems to be completely missing. There is no flow to our game.
If Lingard, De Gea, Pogba, McTominay and Shaw look ok in training then that's fine but they look wrecked to me. Time to bring the youngsters on-Greenwood, Gomez and Chong.
Youngsters aren't up to it yet. Chong is not good enough, Greenwood is as the first syllable of his name implies. I'd like to see more of Gomes but that's it tbh.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
What's really concerning with Ole's time as the manager so far is that our best games under him have been the first few games immediately after he took over. Mourinho had checked out when Ed didn't give him the players he wanted, was clearly feuding with some of the players. When he was fired, the players were happy to go out there and prove themselves under a new, very positive manager. However, since the honeymoon period was over, we've been dire without showing signs of progress.

Compare that to Guardiola and Klopp, where they had rough starts but you could clearly see their direction and their teams kept improving to where they are now.
I do see a direction with this team. Lots of people do.

Amarsdd

As a neutral fan. I must say this is the first time in many years I am impressed with United. Finally they want to built a young team without spending way too much money on bad old players. And yes, this takes time. But it's the best thing that has happened since Ferguson by fay.

The results aren't there yet, but I am also impressed with Ole. He really wants to built on long term and also shows in other aspects that he is a very talented manager. As a United fan, I would be relieved after all those years.

I love the tactic:

De Gea (Spa, 28)

Wan-Bissaka (Eng, 21) - Lindelöf (Swe, 25) - Maguire (Eng, 26) - Shaw (Eng, 24)

Pogba (Fra, 26) - McTominay (Sco, 22)
Lingard (Eng, 26)

James (Wal, 21) - Martial (Fra, 23) - Rashford (Eng, 21)

It reminds me of a starting Alex Ferguson. Only problem is that the number 10 position is vital in this, and I think Lingard is not enough if you want to win the PL title. But Pereira (Bra, 23) could help a lot. And maybe buy a young world class 10.
wish some of the United "fans" here could see sense as you have.

Leif GW

It's an absolutely asinine comparison as Poch has proven himself over years, whereas Ole (Olé Olé) has little to show on his CV so far. I've understood a lot of people here have serious attention deficit issues but get real.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
I'll just leave this here...

:lol:

The clue is in the tweet itself, only reason you don't see media writing about Poch struggles at Spurs is DUE to the fact they reached a CL Final while simultaneously securing a CL place. He has more pedigree and credentials behind him to be questioned immediately. Situation with Ole is different as he went on the worst run this club has been on in decades, failed to secure CL football while likes of Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs themselves afforded us plenty of opportunities to do so.

It's an absolutely asinine comparison as Poch has proven himself over years, whereas Ole (Olé Olé) has little to show on his CV so far. I've understood a lot of people here have serious attention deficit issues but get real.
Exactly. Besides why should we care what is going on at Spurs and whether media are not writing enough articles about them? We're a bigger name than them, it's bleedingly obvious more people are interested in us compared to them.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
So United batter the last two games and arguably should have won both. There's a dramatic improvement in our players approach to games and overall fitness of the squad...

The fact is there is a vast improvement in how this team approaches games. The fact that all of you seemingly expect this team to suddenly turn it on is ridiculous. Not because managers cant come in and do that, but because you're expecting a team comprising of alot of young players to do it. There's a massive difference between pep and klopp coming into fairly experienced squad, and Ole trying to build a squad with inconsistent young players. It will take time.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
My 2 cents - which is just a bit of a brain dump really.

Surely it would be madness not to give Ole time to prove his worth? By time, I mean however long it takes for him to make this team his team, so realistically, that is around 3-4 transfer windows, or approximately 2 full seasons - (obviously if he is severely under-performing and we're loitering near the relegation zone towards the end of the season, then that's a different story, but let's be honest, that's just not going to happen).

We're 3 games in to the new season and a lot seem fed up with him already. If we do not believe in his footballing philosophies or think he is the man to push us in the right direction, then what was the point in hiring him in the first place? There were always going to be problems at some point during his reign at the club, it's about Ole meeting these challenges head on and coming out the other end as a better manager and helping us improve as a team.

We can't just keep sacking managers when things are not going exactly to plan. We're at a stage where we have tried different types of managers, all of who have failed. Moyes who was seen as a talented British manager with Premier League experience who ready to make the step up, LvG who was the experienced manager at high profile clubs who could help us steady the ship, Jose who was a serial winner and had one of the best CV's in world football, and now we've arrived at Ole - an unproven club legend ready to prove a point. What type of manager do we go for next if we sack Ole, and does it really fill you with confidence that the senior management within our club seemingly have no defined and consistent long-term strategy in place as they keep chopping and changing between these types of managers? We have to stop looking for quick fixes here and just do it properly. That means riding out the bad times as I've mentioned. The common denominator over the past 6 years has been Ed Woodward and the Glazers. By sacking Ole, we are not really addressing the problem, merely shifting the blame on to the next manager. If you can accept that Woodward and the Glazers are a big problem (albeit not the only problem), then surely you have to give our current manager, especially one who has only signed 3 of his own players so far, some leeway.

I'm not the most sentimental type of person, but I do think that Ole has one (often overlooked) advantage compared his 3 predecessors and that in my opinion is someone who genuinely has the best interests of the club at heart and is not hell bent on developing their own personal agenda. I suspect that there are not a lot of other senior people within the organisation who you could say the same about. According to SAF, Ole was not only a good football player, he was also a very good student of the game with a tactical mindset. Therefore, I would like to believe that he will strive to do his best whilst he is here, which means adapting to the ongoing challenges facing the club, pushing the clubs hierarchy to drive progression and build a team which can help us get back to the top.

If I was going to be slightly sentimental though, when we went on that unbeaten run last year, it genuinely felt different to me. It reminded me of why I started supporting this club and I was loving watching us play, something I haven't been able to say at any other point post SAF. Sure, it was relatively short lived, but it personally helps me believe that Ole can build on this.

We were never going to be challenging for much this season, but I do see evidence of improvement already and I think his first 3 signings are all good. We were not that far off from taking 9 points out of 9 either really, so I'm curious and somewhat cautiously optimistic to see how far he can take us in the next few seasons.

Last edited:

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
@Castia

You raise some very good points in this thread and I can understand where you're coming from, the squad needed more reinforcement in several areas.

However, I don't believe Dybala and Eriksen were someone on Ole's buying list. I followed the summer transfer business thoroughly, all the reliable sources (aka reporters) connected with the club reported our interest in Sancho, AWB, James, Maguire and Longstaff as early as May. Sancho was dead even before the summer began due to lack of CL football. Out of the rest, 3 are already at the club with us being outpriced on Longstaff. We were linked with absolutely no striker all summer long. (save for some obscure links to Ben Yedder from Lequipe who've been a terrible source all summer) Dybala was someone who was offered to us by Juventus in an exchange deal for Lukaku, a move which caught us all by surprise and no doubt caught the club as well. It turned out there were image right issues which weren't going to be resolved with amount of time left but he wasn't interested in playing Europa League under Ole anyway. Ditto with Eriksen, we only went in for him in last few hours (maybe to just appease the fans) but he rejected us straight away. So, can you blame the board if the targets don't want to come here?

If a midfielder and striker were so high on Oles' agenda, there should've been backup options for both of them but we had neither. To make matters worse, we only enquired about Mandzukic AFTER the negotiations for swap deal were already at an advanced stage. That is 4 days before the transfer window shut, while that reeks of bad management you have to question why a striker was an after thought even though Lukaku had made it clear he wanted to leave all summer long?

I don't want to draw comparisons with Moyes because that was the worst window we ever had but he also had issues trying to convince premium/elite players to come here. Bale preferred Real to us even though we were reigning champions at the time, while Fabregas preferred to sit on Barcas' bench instead of coming here. Even though money talks, do not under-estimate the impact of a managers pull. There is a reason likes of Ibra, Pogba and Mkhi all left their CL clubs to play Europa for us under Mourinho. Ole simply doesn't have the same pull with no CL football on offer, and that is something that'll always work against him as long as we're playing in Europa League. So, ultimately Ole has to be more realistic when planning his targets and be prepared to buy from a lower rung. Otherwise, while we can keep discussing who is to blame, the club will continue to slide down further.

Pavl3n

Everyone needs to chill the feck out!

Ole isn't a "puppet" and he sure as feck isn't "clueless".

He's already made clear and concise decisions that are for the better of how he wants his team to play. Is it 100% on point right now? No! Do you know why cause it was never going to be fully fixed in ONE... Yes, ONE... Single transfer window.

Jesus we've actually played pretty well in the opening 3 games, yesterday really was just one of them bad days at the office and we could buy a win for love nor money!

He has started to build his team from the back forward which as many top professionals will tell you is the right thing to do. He's addressed RB and improved CB.

He knows well that we need a CM or two with quality in there, but if the right target isn't available then what's the point in spunking loads of cash on more money grabbing mercenaries? He wanted clear and specific signings that would work their ass off and want to be at the club for years and had been scouted by people he knew well in the game which is exactly what happened with the AWB & Maguire signings.

In only 8 months and 32 games in charge he has sold Fellaini, Valencia, Herrera, Lukaku and possibly Sanchez. Young & Matic have dropped down to the bench. That's 6 players that have been taken out of regular first team football and in turn he is slowly integrating and putting the focus on younger players and YTS players throughout, like yesterday we had 6 YTS players involved in the match day squad.

Folks have spent the last 2-3 seasons bitchin, bitchin and more bitchin about "over paid mercenaries" and to "play the young lads" and when you get that, you then bitch, bitch and bitch some more about there not being enough signings.

Every single one of you who ever posted hating on Rom, Sanchez, Fellaini, Young, Matic etc etc are simply getting EXACTLY what you asked for!

There's nothing, literally nothing that can be done between now and Jan, so guess what folks...grow some god damn balls, stop crying and get behind the damn team cause if your demanding for Ole to be sacked after only 32 games you're an absolute twat to my mind.

What's the alternative? Get Allegri or the like in and sack him after 30 something games too cause we aren't instantly on par with City and Liverpool.
It's sad people don't see the positives.
When Mourinho came we had 3 or 4 of these games, where we couldn't score and we drew or lost.

I am behind Ole and I see the team coming at the right end. We are playing well and if it wasn't for misfortune and lack of good refereeing, we could've been sitting with 9 points.

I can't wait to win 3 on the spin and all haters will change their narrative.

meamth

I can't believe people mentioning his record from last season until now. I mean why? Propaganda at its best.

New season, new slate, new optimism. Give him time, please.

EDIT:
What's worse is that people neglecting the friendlies results. What is that? Even Fergie took friendly wins seriously.

Foxbatt

So far he has shown nothing that he is a capable coach let alone a manager. Yes it could be due to Woodward but he has got rid of players who could have been useful. If he thinks our midfield is good enough then he is not fit to be the manager of any top club. He has no clue how to play except counter attacking football with long ball behind the opposition defence and using the pace of Rashford and Martial and James. He still thinks a two man midfield especially with Pogba is going to work. It has not worked for three years and why should it work now?

Foxbatt

According to the stats we had 3 shots on target against Palace. Palace had the same. This shows how poor we were. Yes we had 22 shots and that will be so as Rashford shoots from where ever he is.

Bojan11

According to the stats we had 3 shots on target against Palace. Palace had the same. This shows how poor we were. Yes we had 22 shots and that will be so as Rashford shoots from where ever he is.
It’s been a problem all three games. We don’t test the keeper enough. We don’t even put any dangerous crosses in. No idea what we try to do currently.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
It’s been a problem all three games. We don’t test the keeper enough. We don’t even put any dangerous crosses in. No idea what we try to do currently.
Seems none of the coaches we hire coach attacking patterns. Or the players are too thick to understand stuff

LInkash

Spurs had fewer shots on target than Newcastle, 2 to their 3. It's too early to make any judgements right now.

Wolff

Spurs had fewer shots on target than Newcastle, 2 to their 3. It's too early to make any judgements right now.
Of course it is too early. Right now the team is still in preseason. They are training hard with on week between games. They are still working on relations on the pitch. Reading some of the comments on here is just cringe. They can't have played football at all in their life, and they sure dont know much about the game. That is fine, but maybe people should keep their head low while learning?

Last year people complained about the team and players. Now, none of what you guys called deadwood is starting games. Its all about the youth and building for the future. And this is not football manager. You can't just go out and pick the players you want. You have to pay for them also. If you pay 70 million for Bruno Fernandes. Or 50 million for Shaun Longstaff, well you sure are the daftest person to ever run a football club. People are angry because Fernandes didn't get signed, because his stats show goals and assists. But have you seen how many times he looses the ball in danger area? Have you seen how many passes he misses?

People keep harping about Klopp and Guardiola, but if you have two braincells and a bit of memory you remember they struggled and had to use time. And look at Poch. He has been there four years and still have won nothing. They even lost against Newcastle, who are even worse than palace. Ive seen all games of Tottenham and Man Utd. Man utd play better, so say what you want. Like Guardiola says. You can not do anything without good players, and 3pm on saturday i can do nothing. Think about that for a minute, and some of you should be ashamed to even think in your head to be fans. The club has a clear philosophy now. They have a direction and is building. Players need time to build relations. And no. There isn't a manager in the world who can come in and give this a quick fix. if you think so, you really dont know much about football. There isn't a manager in the world who can make this team a good power play team, and a bad counter attack team. At the moment this is the players the club got. Maybe a midfielder next window, maybe another next summer. But when utd have 70% possession, 20 shots, 3 on goal, and you are calling for the managers head? Cringe.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bjørn1987

I have been reading in here for years without an account. I am one of those who thought our signings this summer was totally spot on. I am also one of those who looks at our midfield and attack an sees no plan plan b or c. I am wondering why you would drop fellaini (should not be in the first 11) and Lukaku - he got to a point where he wanted to go but at that time we already knew he was unwanted in my perspectice. And yes I too think hes a cnut, but he would offer us appearence in the box when we are in need of a plan b or c, just like fellaini. I see we use McG as the person to hit on every corner or free kick, imagine putting fellaini in there too the last 10 minutes when plan a didnt work.

We dont have the strength in our squad or in our system to only play one certain way. I like this speedy front three but its only gonna work against those dumb enough or strong enough to let us play counter attacking football, as soon as we struggle to get the first goal we are in dire straits.

Last edited by a moderator:

DiceRoller

Poch 4 in 14 with a better team. That's the bigger picture
That’s not the bigger picture! At all. Can everyone STFU with the Poch comparisons!!?!

What Spurs, City or Liverpool do has nothing to do with us. And making comparisons with one manager to make yourself feel better is pathetic.

This place sometimes.

Phil Osophy

Incorrect, many of them were inside the box and rashford only had 4 attempts.

Wolff

So far he has shown nothing that he is a capable coach let alone a manager. Yes it could be due to Woodward but he has got rid of players who could have been useful. If he thinks our midfield is good enough then he is not fit to be the manager of any top club. He has no clue how to play except counter attacking football with long ball behind the opposition defence and using the pace of Rashford and Martial and James. He still thinks a two man midfield especially with Pogba is going to work. It has not worked for three years and why should it work now?
I gather you are one of them posters who were happy with the squad last christmas then? I think, but i might be wrong, that the high pressing game has something to do with it. The midfield needs another player, sure. But it is what it is. I thought both the Chelsea game and wolves was good games and fun to watch. It is so inspiring how kids are given a chance. Palace game was a bit daft. But should easily have been won. Dont see anything in that game to shoot the manager down.

ArjenIsM3

So if we continue losing points Ole is exempt of responsibility because Woodward didn't improve the team, despite by his own admission he's happy with it? You are contradicting yourself.

When it becomes the managers fault for the mishaps on the pitch? We're in the worst run since half a decade. Shouldn't a new manager improve the team even without new players?

Do you believe United manager should be on a 3 win in 15 and we should be happy with it and accept that we should give him 2-3 years to turn it around? When does it become illusion?
I'm not contradicting myself and I've never said he's exempt of responsibility. I do believe Woodward carries more responsibility than Ole does. It's clear for everyone to see this squad isn't good enough, it's clear that Ole hoped for a better squad and to me it's clear that he's trying to make the best of the situation by not throwing the squad or the club under the bus like Mourinho did but instead staying positive and trying to up the squad's morale. Does that exempt Ole of any responsibility? Of course not.

It becomes the manager's fault when his tactical plan clearly isn't working or when the football on show is worse than what the previous manager managed. That's not the case though is it? We're playing better football than we did under Moyes, LvG or Mourinho, even though he didn't receive the same backing in his first transfer window. Yes we're on a bad run of form, but prior to that we were on a fantastic run of form. Just focussing on the bad run is unfair. By your reasoning Spurs should get rid of Poch too. To me the good and the bad cancel each other out and as such he's got a clean slate this season. You clearly don't seem to think so and prefer to focus on the negative. What exactly is it that you think the club should do? Blame it all on the manager (again) and fire him (again)? Because that worked so well the last three times? Or perhaps the problem isn't the manager?

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I can't believe people mentioning his record from last season until now. I mean why? Propaganda at its best.

New season, new slate, new optimism. Give him time, please.

EDIT:
What's worse is that people neglecting the friendlies results. What is that? Even Fergie took friendly wins seriously.
Are you serious here :lol: ?

minoo-utd

It's a new season, we've won one of the last 3 games and could have won them all. Also a point at wolves is a positive not a negative. We've lost points due to our own errors.

We lack some guile when facing a compact defence clearly but its just the beginning of Ole's rebuild, its nowhere near complete so inconsistency should be expected. We will win games we're not entitled to and we will lose games we 'should' win.

We now have one of if not the youngest teams in the league with the most acadamy graduates in it, no Fellaini, Lukaku, Sanchez, Jones or Smalling - is this not what we were all calling for??

It's happening, we need to be patient and get behind the team. A title challenge was never going to happen this year was it?
I have to admit I felt better when reading this, but only results that matter and it's not good enough.

Enigma_87

You know who
I'm not contradicting myself and I've never said he's exempt of responsibility. I do believe Woodward carries more responsibility than Ole does. It's clear for everyone to see this squad isn't good enough, it's clear that Ole hoped for a better squad and to me it's clear that he's trying to make the best of the situation by not throwing the squad or the club under the bus like Mourinho did but instead staying positive and trying to up the squad's morale. Does that exempt Ole of any responsibility? Of course not.

It becomes the manager's fault when his tactical plan clearly isn't working or when the football on show is worse than what the previous manager managed. That's not the case though is it? We're playing better football than we did under Moyes, LvG or Mourinho, even though he didn't receive the same backing in his first transfer window. Yes we're on a bad run of form, but prior to that we were on a fantastic run of form. Just focussing on the bad run is unfair. By your reasoning Spurs should get rid of Poch too. To me the good and the bad cancel each other out and as such he's got a clean slate this season. You clearly don't seem to think so and prefer to focus on the negative. What exactly is it that you think the club should do? Blame it all on the manager (again) and fire him (again)? Because that worked so well the last three times? Or perhaps the problem isn't the manager?
We're not playing better football mate. In LvG first season we did go on a 10 games unbeaten run. In the Spring we beat Liverpool at their turf, blitzed past Tottenham and played as good as I've seen us against City beating them 4-2.

People tend to only see the negatives when the manager is gone and fail to see the reality when he's still at helm.

In the season we finished 2nd under Jose we started the season with 11 wins out of 16 and in half of those we were scoring 4 per game.

There's no tactical plan on the pitch and likely go worse. With Poch things are different as he has proven himself as said and he has some leeway, and especially considering he got CL spot and also reached CL final, hence those results doesn't reflect fairly on him. On the other hand we didn't get CL and we didn't reach CL final which makes those results from last season worse.

As I've said in multiple threads - the plan was get a DoF to appoint the next manager after Ole. However we abandoned that and seems that fans are happy with Ole and no DoF as, if we keep Ole most likely we will keep the same structure.

The problem isn't only the manager, but the manager and his ineptitude is also a problem. Since we can't get rid of Woodward, what else do you suggest?

To be close to rebuild we need a world class manager with a clear plan for us to get behind. Ole is not that man and never has been.

We need to face reality - you said that the club is in a better state, how exactly so? Our best players want to leave, players like Dybala and Sancho doesn't want to be here due to lack of CL and most likely they don't buy or project.

You talk about rebuilding job one at a time, but fast forward next season and we lose De Gea and Pogba, then what?

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
We're not playing better football mate. In LvG first season we did go on a 10 games unbeaten run. In the Spring we beat Liverpool at their turf, blitzed past Tottenham and played as good as I've seen us against City beating them 4-2.

People tend to only see the negatives when the manager is gone and fail to see the reality when he's still at helm.

In the season we finished 2nd under Jose we started the season with 11 wins out of 16 and in half of those we were scoring 4 per game.

There's no tactical plan on the pitch and likely go worse. With Poch things are different as he has proven himself as said and he has some leeway, and especially considering he got CL spot and also reached CL final, hence those results doesn't reflect fairly on him. On the other hand we didn't get CL and we didn't reach CL final which makes those results from last season worse.

As I've said in multiple threads - the plan was get a DoF to appoint the next manager after Ole. However we abandoned that and seems that fans are happy with Ole and no DoF as, if we keep Ole most likely we will keep the same structure.

The problem isn't only the manager, but the manager and his ineptitude is also a problem. Since we can't get rid of Woodward, what else do you suggest?

To be close to rebuild we need a world class manager with a clear plan for us to get behind. Ole is not that man and never has been.

We need to face reality - you said that the club is in a better state, how exactly so? Our best players want to leave, players like Dybala and Sancho doesn't want to be here due to lack of CL and most likely they don't buy or project.

You talk about rebuilding job one at a time, but fast forward next season and we lose De Gea and Pogba, then what?
Well we might be better off without De Gea at this point. And I really don't know how you can judge anything after 3 games, you said yourself we played great football under LVG for about 8 games in a row, doesn't change that the football was largely dreadful besides that.

The obvious thing this squad lacks is Bruno Fernandes, I hope that is a Woodward feck up not Ole's.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
Fans are so fickle it's hilarious. It doesn't take much for them to turn against their manager. One day they hail him as the best thing since sliced bread, the next day they want his neck on the chopping block. Pure comedy.

The Purley King

As many have said we are a bit unlucky not to have 9 points at this stage.
Swap lingard with Gomes and we’d have a little more creativity around the box.
Still crying out for a rw which is incredible really.
Hopefully we are working on attack vs defence in training as not much of our attacking looks coordinated atm.
A few more games and things should start to click a little more. Have to remember that martial as 9 and rashford + one other supporting is still pretty new and patterns of attack don’t just appear out of nowhere they have to be worked on.

podurban2

As many have said we are a bit unlucky not to have 9 points at this stage.
Swap lingard with Gomes and we’d have a little more creativity around the box.
Still crying out for a rw which is incredible really.
Hopefully we are working on attack vs defence in training as not much of our attacking looks coordinated atm.
A few more games and things should start to click a little more. Have to remember that martial as 9 and rashford + one other supporting is still pretty new and patterns of attack don’t just appear out of nowhere they have to be worked on.
That’s obviously not going to happen any time soon though.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Really? If Poch was fired to answer you question every top club in Europe would be after him. If Ole was fired, nobody, not even bottom of the premier league teams would want him.
That wasn't anywhere near the point I was making with my comment. I know that you know what I meant, but I'll just repeat myself: Everyone are overreacting ever so slightly.

Enigma_87

You know who
Well we might be better off without De Gea at this point. And I really don't know how you can judge anything after 3 games, you said yourself we played great football under LVG for about 8 games in a row, doesn't change that the football was largely dreadful besides that.

The obvious thing this squad lacks is Bruno Fernandes, I hope that is a Woodward feck up not Ole's.
More like 16. After honeymoon was over we haven't played well. That games against Cardiff and Huddersfield were Moyes level. And no - you don't need to spend millions to play in a certain well against that inferior opposition.

We have played good football under Ole for about 10 games or so, no plan B when things aren't going our way.

We lack CF and AM which is obvious. You have to have a back up plan if it isn't Bruno or Dybala or whoever. You need senior players in and you need to find alternatives if your top choices doesn't want to come in here.

Last Summer was the worst window we had since Moyes, leaving the squad so thin.

Judas

Open to offers
Fans are so fickle it's hilarious. It doesn't take much for them to turn against their manager. One day they hail him as the best thing since sliced bread, the next day they want his neck on the chopping block. Pure comedy.
It's been about 7 months since anyone was hailing Ole as brilliant etc., and even then that was most people just being happy that Jose had gone.

Enigma_87

You know who
That wasn't anywhere near the point I was making with my comment. I know that you know what I meant, but I'll just repeat myself: Everyone are overreacting ever so slightly.
And what was that point? Why compare Ole to Poch whilst it's pretty much clear that both are very different tier of managers?

If Ole is fired in a month or two which top team will be after him?

UD is spot on with that. If there is a chance we can swap Poch with Ole would you take it?

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
More like 16. After honeymoon was over we haven't played well. That games against Cardiff and Huddersfield were Moyes level. And no - you don't need to spend millions to play in a certain well against that inferior opposition.

We have played good football under Ole for about 10 games or so, no plan B when things aren't going our way.

We lack CF and AM which is obvious. You have to have a back up plan if it isn't Bruno or Dybala or whoever. You need senior players in and you need to find alternatives if your top choices doesn't want to come in here.

Last Summer was the worst window we had since Moyes, leaving the squad so thin.
But Ole doesn't sign the players...what's to get here?

My gripe with Ole is poor subs and not giving Gomes a chance at no.10 yet, but he has them playing good stuff on the whole so let's just see how the season progresses.

Status
Not open for further replies.