Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

FutbolFan

Supports
Chelsea
Who would you guys appoint to replace him at this stage of the season? Are there clear favorites?

At the end of the season, there is chance for Poch but who would you replace him with right now?

Woodenlung

Not having any of this Mourinho apologism. The football was crap, the players he wanted to sign would have only lasted a season or two and by time he was sacked the atmosphere was toxic. He was rightly sacked. Just because Solksjaer hasn't been a success doesn't mean it was a mistake to sack Mourinho.

el3mel

I cant' believe we actually succeeded in appointing a manager far worse than Moyes tactically wise. Moyes is years ahead of our clueless manager.

Sara125

If anything we should sack him before the Liverpool game. Maybe with the new manager we can keep it down to a 5-0 loss and not 10.

Hisha

Supports
OLE OLE OLE I LOVE YOU
Fully agree. He burned bridges sure, but you know what he wanted to do. I was celebrating him being sacked but I have got this very wrong.
If it was on me, i would happily rehire Jose now without any shame and will give him full control on footballing matters. But i would also hire a well qualified technical director to work with Jose, especially to assist him with transfers. Ed will be fired or will only be handling the finance side of the club.

TheReligion

Abusive
His in game management has always looked dodgy, he doesn't seem to notice things or is reluctant to change anything till it's too late. But then you have to put fingers at his staff too, what the hell are they doing to help the situation?
What's annoying is when the change was made we began to control the game and looked like we might get a goal. Obviously as things happened they hit from our own corner (just like Wolves away) and we lost the game.

If Ole wants to be United manager he needs to be bold at times and be more pro-active. We should have set up to come here and take the initiative. After 20 minutes of watching Rashford getting none of the ball make an adjustment. Don't just sit on it and think it will magically come right. Basics.

Judas

Open to offers
Not having any of this Mourinho apologism. The football was crap, the players he wanted to sign would have only lasted a season or two and by time he was sacked the atmosphere was toxic. He was rightly sacked. Just because Solksjaer hasn't been a success doesn't mean it was a mistake to sack Mourinho.
Totally agree. People are getting a bit desperate and I get it, but Jose had to go.

Chris Chamberlain

I feel so bad for Ole, but its clear its just not going to work imo. It really isnt the losing, its the way we are losing thats mind boggling and he isnt alone, Moyes, Jose and to a certain extent LVG, what style were they instiling on the club, because I cant see it, we look clueless and so sluggish. Looking over at Chelsea who lost Hazard and hired a "rookie" manager, you can see the style of play already, folk know what they are doing and whilst they wont win every game they look light years ahead and hes only been in the job a few months.

I dont get it, the squad is not the best, but its better than this shower of shite and for me, thats on Ole and the coaching staff...

OrcaFat

Results under Ole as permanent manager have been absolutely dire. My god. I don’t know how many of my weeks have been ruined by the shite we’ve been witnessing.

I don’t think much of it is Ole’s fault because, as I’ve said before, the players are basically dog shite. In fact only the three guys Ole bought look anything like decent at the moment. I think we would be a total disgrace under any manager in the world with this shower.

But I do think we should have got more points and Ole is part of that. We all are making stabs in the dark as to why that is and what Ole should or could do to get more points. I wonder if he is too much long term focussed and not devoting quite enough resource to getting points. He desperately needs points.

dogwithabone

Ridiculous that we are being run by a coach given the boot by Cardiff two or three years ago. Get rid.

ash_86

This thread is bigger than Ed Woodward thread signals the cluelessnes of our fans. We'd be exactly in same situation next year if Ole leaves and nothing else changes

United Hobbit

I feel bad for him as he clearly loves the club and did so much for us as a player but the last couple of games I was leaning towards sack but now I'm definitely thinking it's time for him to go.

He will probably be compared to Lampard who is a fairly inexperienced manager but while Lampard had a poor start the crucial factor is his Chelsea side are progressing, we are completely freefalling .Let's not forget Lampard had to deal with the loss of Hazard and the transfer ban, he benched Pulisic their most recent big signing as the younger players are doing well. Yes they cant defend but nor can we but they are scoring goals which negate the lack of defending

However I also want to whole structure of the club addressed at the same time, I feel Ole has been thrown under the bus and I can see it happening to the next manager too.

The next question is who do we get? I'm not sure I want Pochettino any more as Tottenham are close to being as awful as we are currently

Skills

Snitch
Who would you guys appoint to replace him at this stage of the season? Are there clear favorites?

At the end of the season, there is chance for Poch but who would you replace him with right now?
Just get a caretaker in.

Then don't even think about a new manager until there's a DOF in place.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Our last 17 in the League.

P17
W4
D5
L8
F16
A24
GD-8
Pts 17/51

Relegation form.
Just watch the performances too. There are no positives to be seen at all.

I was watching the West Ham & Aston Villa highlights, salivating over their play, wondering when the last time was that i seen us play like that... i couldn't remember once, which is a horrific thought. It really makes you wonder where we are heading under Solskjaer...

He needs to be sacked tonight. He's horrendous.

Enigma_87

You know who
He is 100% I agree, and how telling is it that the self styled “biggest club in football” don’t stand a chance of attracting him
It's not about that. He just took over RB and is doing quite well. He should stay at least a season there to honor his contract.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Everyone was screaming through top to buy midfielder to support Pogba. Every tom dick and harry knew if pogba gets injured then there is no one in the team who can command and control the midfield. And yet.... perriera, mata, fred.. fk. this is lower than league one midfield.
There can't be anyone In the world who couldn't see we needed a centre mid, a right winger and another forward.
Noone. Bar our board!

redshaw

I'd expect the club to be looking into a caretaker in the guise of a Guus Hiddink.

We really need someone to come in with experience who the players can respect to save ourselves from fighting relegation.

United Hobbit

This interview is telling, I think he knows he's gone.

Very honest interview and I feel sad for him but we cant let this continue

saivet

Blimey that post match interview was tough. He looks like a man that knows he's not cut out for this.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Ole is a joke at this stage.

No plan A or plan B. Now saying the team worked hard today. A soft yes man is all he is.

Board and Woodie are bigger pricks, but Ole sticking around will lead us to a full on relegation battle. The form at the end of last season has continued to worsen. It’s written all over the wall that Ole is simply not going to steady any ship long enough to allow a squad shakeup

el3mel

Whatever crap the squad or the board we shouldn't be fighting for fecking relegation. We have a midtable squad, not a fecking relegation one. That's on the manager.

Saddy

"working hard and running" - sounding finished in his interview

"Playing the same way" - Jesus Christ Ole

Greck

Nothing against Ole, but he shouldn't be managing outside of his usual gig at Molde.
We probably ruined his management career bringing him here and letting him get exposed in front of the world. Pretty sure even Molde have moved on by now

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
This interview is telling, I think he knows he's gone.

Very honest interview and I feel sad for him but we cant let this continue
Would you mind summarising what he said? Or the part that suggests he might know he's gone?

I do wonder if there's any chance that that was his last game.

Treble

Said before the start of the season it was madness to "assassinate the deadwoods" without replacing them. You can't rely on youngsters to compete in the PL. Even a top talent like De Jong started to play regularly in a weaker league aged 20. To expect from kids to come in and change games was utter naivety.

Lose from Liverpool and we'll be on the brink of a relegation battle. Or maybe already there.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Sack the board, sack the manager, ship out 80% of the team.

For any other club, that would be hyperbole. For us, it's genuinely where we're at.

This fall from grace is now looking unprecedented.

Irrational.

Another soundbite from him post-game:

"If you only work on sunny days you'll never get to your destination."

He comes across a bit David Brent-like at times.

mu4c_20le

Ole is a joke at this stage.

No plan A or plan B. Now saying the team worked hard today. A soft yes man is all he is.
Lets be fair here... he wasn't hired for his tactical ingenuity. It was because the players liked him and he got them firing. Now that they no longer respond to him, he's lost his purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.