Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shark

@NotShark
Please take your trolling elsewhere with this "remarkable manager" and "brilliant football mind" nonsense. What merits do you base those statements on? Winning the Norweigan league or having us 2 points off relegation? :houllier:
Yeah, that guy has got to be a WUM. Nobody can be that delusional surely.

Amir

Likewise, I havent seen a single convincing argument why sacking him now would be of benefit to Manchester United.
My only issue is his replacement. We can get better managers than Soslkjaer, but really good ones who'll be able to build top quality sides? Doubtful. And I see no point in making a change just to get to get better, but not really good. I'd rather wait for such opportunity.

Shark

@NotShark
My only issue is his replacement. We can get better managers than Soslkjaer, but really good ones who'll be able to build top quality sides? Doubtful. And I see no point in making a change just to get to get better, but not really good. I'd rather wait for such opportunity.

How long do we wait though? Because waiting right doesn’t really seem much of an option, considering our form.

davidmichael

After the international break we’ll have Pogba, Martial, Wan-Bisakka, Shaw and Lindelof all back so we’ll be at full strength and they’ll be no excuses following the Liverpool game in which I expect us to get a hiding in.

Following the Liverpool game we’ve got Norwich, Bournemouth, Brighton, Sheffield United and Villa in the league and at full strength there’s no excuse for not winning all of those games. We’ve got Spurs at home then City away following those games but then Everton, Watford and Burnley so those are three more games that at full strength there’s no excuses for not winning.

I think if we don’t get at LEAST ten points from those run of games following Liverpool and before Spurs then as much as I love Ole I’m afraid he simply has to go as there’s no excuses or hiding when we’re at full strength, at full strength we should be beating every team in the league at home outside of the top two.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Sad to see. This club need some clenching, and Ole is the one to do it. Like I said. If he can get that first 11 going, he will be arround 4th to 6 place. If he has to keep playing his second string he will be arround 8th to 12. That is the level this squad is about. He really is a remarkable manager, but not if you don’t look behind poor results and really poor performances.

It’s like Roy Keen said. These players threw Mourinho under the bus, and they won’t hesitate throwing Ole under it neither. And they are. This place is toxic at the moment. Dosent help the club one bit!
You're soooo lucky I'm not a Mod!

Obvious oppo WUM.

'Ole is a remarkable manager', 'Roy Keen' FFS.

Judas

Open to offers
After the international break we’ll have Pogba, Martial, Wan-Bisakka, Shaw and Lindelof all back so we’ll be at full strength and they’ll be no excuses following the Liverpool game in which I expect us to get a hiding in.

Following the Liverpool game we’ve got Norwich, Bournemouth, Brighton, Sheffield United and Villa in the league and at full strength there’s no excuse for not winning all of those games. We’ve got Spurs at home then City away following those games but then Everton, Watford and Burnley so those are three more games that at full strength there’s no excuses for not winning.

I think if we don’t get at LEAST ten points from those run of games following Liverpool and before Spurs then as much as I love Ole I’m afraid he simply has to go as there’s no excuses or hiding when we’re at full strength, at full strength we should be beating every team in the league at home outside of the top two.
Thing is this is all how good we look on paper, the reality always seems to be different.

Maybe we're in for a surprise after the international break, but for me the biggest surprise would be us actually looking like you're saying and getting all those points from what should in theory be winnable games.

Sterling Archer

Aside from pressing - unorganized and not well at that - what other patterns of play have we employed? I see us lump it up to Rashford to chase. I see us lump it to Maguire to head down. Basics like overlapping runs out wide are rarity. When the ball does come into the box, usually from one source, there's barely anyone attacking the ball. When our number ten again and again positions himself in space between the lines, our midfield passes it sideways or again, hoofs it. The triangles of play that were present with Herrera are gone and seems like nobody has thought to work on it. It's just so limp. There's nothing there. Nothing good at all.

You can get kids to do the basics. Our staff hasn't even done that. So what's the point in bringing in the right players if it's just to 'give them freedom' to 'express themselves'. Fecking coach them

Hawks2008

Giampaolo has been sacked at Milan, 9 points from the first 7 games and 13th in the table. Solksjaer has us 12th with 9 points in 8. I don't see how he can survive if we don't get a result vs Liverpool and with the exception of Partizan I'm not sure where the next winnable game is.

No doubt though Milan are foolish, if they gave him time he would have surely been the new Sacchi..

Alabaster Codify7

The fact that all these managers struggle to find a job should tell you something. Moyes out of his depth, LVG didn't do anything of note in 20 years, Jose 5 years too late and Ole out of his depth. We are yet to try a good modern manager who does well RIGHT NOW, not 5 years ago, not 20 years ago.

But there's the thing, mate - look at every single manager currently doing well RIGHT NOW and ask yourself, why would that manager want to come and manage a steaming pile of shit like our squad, under upper management like we have? Can you see just how horribly unattractive our club is nowadays?

We're stuck with appointing past-it veterans and mid-range guys none of the bigger clubs would pursue.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Giampaolo has been sacked at Milan, 9 points from the first 7 games and 13th in the table. Solksjaer has us 12th with 9 points in 8. I don't see how he can survive if we don't get a result vs Liverpool and with the exception of Partizan I'm not sure where the next winnable game is.

No doubt though Milan are foolish, if they gave him time he would have surely been the new Sacchi..
Milan aren't the team to use to try make a clever point, in fact quite the opposite.

How many managers have Milan had since sacking Allegri in 2014? 8 and counting?

How many trophies have they won since the exodus of their best players since 2012 (Ibrahimovic, Thiago Silva etc)? 1 charity shield. Coincidence?

It's all about the managers though.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Milan aren't the team to use to try make a clever point, in fact quite the opposite.

How many managers have Milan had since sacking Allegri in 2014? 8 and counting?

How many trophies have they won since the exodus of their best players since 2012 (Ibrahimovic, Thiago Silva etc)? 1 charity shield. Coincidence?

It's all about the managers though.
You can't not sack Ole because we have sacked enough managers. Ole needs to go because he is out of his depth.

Red00012

Club which will be in relegation battle this year and will end season between 15th-20th spot
Club which will be in relegation battle this year and will end season between 15th-20th spot
I still think he’ll be here at xmas.
Also I’d like to see him with a fully fit team for once.
Hopefully he’ll have WB , Tony and Pogba back for the scousers.

Robbie Boy

Our managerial choices post Fergie have been atrocious. The only one I thought would take us places was Jose and that ended horribly.

Leftback99

You can't not sack Ole because we have sacked enough managers. Ole needs to go because he is out of his depth.
Maybe he is but what's the odds of all 8 Milan managers being 'out of their depth' including Allegri whose results went downhill once the top players had gone?

The quality of players clearly has more impact on results than any manager does.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Sad to see. This club need some clenching, and Ole is the one to do it. Like I said. If he can get that first 11 going, he will be arround 4th to 6 place. If he has to keep playing his second string he will be arround 8th to 12. That is the level this squad is about. He really is a remarkable manager, but not if you don’t look behind poor results and really poor performances. The reason he is here is SAF thinking the same. A brilliant football mind. It is the way it goes sometimes. It’s the same at Tottenham. Do you really believe Poch is not coaching them players either? To many on here think football is black and white. It isn’t. It is a game of endless variables. It used to be a family supporting UTD. It still is I suppose. But there is a gap with all the plastics and actual supporters. The ones that pay their hard earned money, and the ones that play to much fifa being loud at forums. Give the man some time to sort out this mess. At least have some self respect and educate yourself. Even against Newcastle there where loads of mistakes made obvious the players took the easy options. Watch it again. Pay attention to how static some players are. Look at when there are options available penetrating, the likes of Fred passes it sideways. It’s like Roy Keen said. These players threw Mourinho under the bus, and they won’t hesitate throwing Ole under it neither. And they are. This place is toxic at the moment. Dosent help the club one bit!
:lol: You need to clench more

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
2 wins in 8 games in league. Only in one game in this season scored more than one goal. General play is awful. And he is still in charge and will lead our team against our biggest rival. It is laughable really. There is no better word than that.

Meh, i give up. No point of writing about this "manager" anymore.

OohAahMartial

Even I am starting to reconcile myself with Ole going, though with great regret, BUT Woodward must go first.

If Woodward doesn't go 1st then it will again be him who will pick the next manager, without having already got a DoF, and he'll just pick one with another completely different style, and sabotage him in his 1st transfer window too, refusing to get more than 3 players at a time. And then sack that guy a few months later. For all those who want Ole out, if you think you will get the Manager that you dream of, you are probably deluding yourself. Its more likely that we will get a Big Sam or Pardew than Poch or an Allegri--why on Earth would you trust Woodward to get the next hiring right?

He must go first.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Anything interesting in there! They’re the type of people that talk for sensationalism. Probably found a way to mention Pogba.
Said Ferguson would never have put up with Pogba.

Something about shaktar being stunned we offered 50 million for fred when he was only worth 25 million.

Giles mentioned something along the lines that Conte would have been a better manager.

Robbie Boy

Sad to see. This club need some clenching, and Ole is the one to do it. Like I said. If he can get that first 11 going, he will be arround 4th to 6 place. If he has to keep playing his second string he will be arround 8th to 12. That is the level this squad is about. He really is a remarkable manager, but not if you don’t look behind poor results and really poor performances. The reason he is here is SAF thinking the same. A brilliant football mind. It is the way it goes sometimes. It’s the same at Tottenham. Do you really believe Poch is not coaching them players either? To many on here think football is black and white. It isn’t. It is a game of endless variables. It used to be a family supporting UTD. It still is I suppose. But there is a gap with all the plastics and actual supporters. The ones that pay their hard earned money, and the ones that play to much fifa being loud at forums. Give the man some time to sort out this mess. At least have some self respect and educate yourself. Even against Newcastle there where loads of mistakes made obvious the players took the easy options. Watch it again. Pay attention to how static some players are. Look at when there are options available penetrating, the likes of Fred passes it sideways. It’s like Roy Keen said. These players threw Mourinho under the bus, and they won’t hesitate throwing Ole under it neither. And they are. This place is toxic at the moment. Dosent help the club one bit!
What is this shit? Oh, and use paragraphs for ffs.

Abhinav

Do you think i feel happy wanting him to be sacked? And it’s not quickly either he’s had a long tine in charge & accomplished nothing.
No identity. No results. Nothing. Managers with less time have done better (Rogers, lampard)

Yes we keep going til we find a decent manager. That’s what every club does. You don’t stick on an awful one..
So we should put our faith once again in Ed Woodward and Glazers? The same guy who oversaw one of the worst transfer windows with Moyes. Then appointed LVG for 3 years, sacked him after 2, primarily because Jose was available. Then appointed Jose, a manager whose style couldn’t be any different to LVG, gave him an extension then decided to not back him in the transfer window after Jose finished 2nd. Then sacked Jose midway through the season, appointed Ole as an interim, declared to everyone that United will do a thorough evaluation of the next appointment and will name the new manager in the summer. Then midway through the plan he again decided to throw it out of the window and appoint Ole as a permanent manager.

I am sorry but I definitely can’t trust a dimwit like Ed to be successful in appointing the right manager. The man has no long term strategy or plan and will lead the club to the ground.

Instead I trust the guy who is a club legend, has made the right moves and has a sound long term plan and vision for the club, and is willing to sacrifice personal glory for what’s right for the club. Just because things haven’t gone like people expected (it was quite clear it was going to be a tough season), I won’t throw the only person who has a feasible turnaround plan under the bus for some short term gains.

zenith

I'm really really hoping that we get pogba, shaw, awb and martial back after the international break. Or deserves to have a fully fit first team with him before he inevitably gets the sack.

fps

I hate this talk about "external pressure". Once again, a flip-flopping, rudderless set of owners/ board members whose lack of expertise makes them easily swayed by whims. Ole too easily in, Ole too easily.... (if it's this easy to sack him after a bad run of results, he shouldn't have appointed in the first place)

Based Adnan

Both Cooper and Stone put out articles saying the board still back Ole and see the long term vision but if they get hammered vs Liverpool then external pressure will make it difficult to not intervene

Literally what? So we back him long term unless he gets pumped in the next match in which case he's done? Make your fecking minds up ffs

Amir

How long do we wait though? Because waiting right doesn’t really seem much of an option, considering our form.
Honestly, I don't know. A few more weeks of this, and a change will be required anyway. I think we can afford that wait, anyway,i

Dve

Well its why Ole got the permanent job when he did, so it's clear it has a big influence.
I think he got the job mainly because of his ability to sell in his vision for the club, and of course, the results on the pitch. But fans may possess the power to have him sacked. No manager survive an endless row of bad results, but I think it has to turn quite ugly, for Solskjær to be sacked before the January window.

I think Goldbridge put it down quite nicely, when he said Solskjær should not be sacked by Woodward. Then Woodward should also sack himself. Appoint a DOP and let him sack Ole. Or keep him, if there´s enough improvement.

Rafaeldagold

Both Cooper and Stone put out articles saying the board still back Ole and see the long term vision but if they get hammered vs Liverpool then external pressure will make it difficult to not intervene

Literally what? So we back him long term unless he gets pumped in the next match in which case he's done? Make your fecking minds up ffs
What fcking vision are they seeing? There is no vision, no identity, were regressing under Ole!

Why the fck are we stupid. So we’re going to decide to stick & give time to the shittest manager of all the ones we’ve had in the last 6 years??

Makes no fcking sense

bleedred

Maybe he is but what's the odds of all 8 Milan managers being 'out of their depth' including Allegri whose results went downhill once the top players had gone?

The quality of players clearly has more impact on results than any manager does.
Its the opposite really. I mean there have been numerous achievements by better managers with a relatively weak squad. Better managers get the most out of their players.

Do you think Ole would be able to reproduce the same results at City/Pool, I mean since they have better players, any manager can walk in and get them winning right?. I honestly cannot see him getting any results with say Westham/Palace, let alone at City/pool.

BlueHaze

What fcking vision are they seeing? There is no vision, no identity, were regressing under Ole!

Why the fck are we stupid. So we’re going to decide to stick & give time to the shittest manager of all the ones we’ve had in the last 6 years??

Makes no fcking sense
Holy feck you sound mad. Relax a little, if this carries on he'll be gone soon enough.

Chairman Steve

We struggled to beat Astana and Rochdale and couldn’t beat Newcastle and AZ Alkmaar... 3 goals in the last 6 matches. One of his forwards who played those games is on around 200k a week. Does that not tell you everything about the manager?

What the feck is playing the European champions going to tell us, that we didn’t already know?

Leftback99

Its the opposite really. I mean there have been numerous achievements by better managers with a relatively weak squad. Better managers get the most out of their players.

Do you think Ole would be able to reproduce the same results at City/Pool, I mean since they have better players, any manager can walk in and get them winning right?. I honestly cannot see him getting any results with say Westham/Palace, let alone at City/pool.
Like who?

And no I don't. Neither would he finish outside the top 4.

No other manager in the world would get Liverpool and City playing like they are either so it's kind of a pointless argument.

Last edited:

C'est Moi Cantona

No way the fans are going to let Ole get sacked, and Woodward just be allowed to repeat the process all over again, I'd be amazed if that was able to happen without some sort of concerted action against the regime.

Status
Not open for further replies.