Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueHaze

No way the fans are going to let Ole get sacked, and Woodward just be allowed to repeat the process all over again, I'd be amazed if that was able to happen without some sort of concerted action against the regime.
What exactly could the fans do to prevent it? They'll 100% chant about Ole and stuff but Woodward would still remain.

AneRu

But there's the thing, mate - look at every single manager currently doing well RIGHT NOW and ask yourself, why would that manager want to come and manage a steaming pile of shit like our squad, under upper management like we have? Can you see just how horribly unattractive our club is nowadays?

We're stuck with appointing past-it veterans and mid-range guys none of the bigger clubs would pursue.
£££, millions of them plus it's obvious whoever we are going to try and bring in is going to want reassurances wrt investment. I am sure there is someone, waiting for his short at the big time thinking that "if I got a side with De Gea, Pogba, Martial, Maguire, AWB, Lindelof, Tuanzebe, Rashford and McT then get £150m or so net I can do something with this lot"! The key lies in what whoever is looking for the next manager looks for, do we look at a CV, potential, style?

Godfather

So... Are we just going to act like all that shit didn't happen during international break and carry on like before? Doesn't sound like anything will happen with regards to Ole.

bleedred

Like who?

And no I don't. Neither would he finish outside the top 4.

No other manager in the world would get Liverpool and City playing like they are either so it's kind of a pointless argument.
Benitez with Newcastle just from the top of my head. Honestly, ole would not have even had them out of the championship, let alone keep them in the league.

And I disagree that Ole would keep them(City/liverpool) in the Top 4. I don't see anything special in him to say that he would be managing any team better in the PL than their current managers.

Put it simply, say had we swapped pellegrini for Ole in the west ham game, we may have edged it, not because pellegrini would have got the most of our squad, but mainly because Ole would have looked clueless with West ham.

This idea that he needs 11 WC players to beat the likes Rochdale, Newcastle and get a shot on target against AZ needs to stop.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
So... Are we just going to act like all that shit didn't happen during international break and carry on like before? Doesn't sound like anything will happen with regards to Ole.
Apparently the board want to see how we do against Liverpool. :houllier:

Eddy_JukeZ

My only issue is his replacement. We can get better managers than Soslkjaer, but really good ones who'll be able to build top quality sides? Doubtful. And I see no point in making a change just to get to get better, but not really good. I'd rather wait for such opportunity.
We can hire an interim again and then poach someone in the summer.

We can't let Ole survive the season.

C'est Moi Cantona

What exactly could the fans do to prevent it? They'll 100% chant about Ole and stuff but Woodward would still remain.
I don't know, I'm just so bereft of hope for us atm that I am more saying it in hope than expectation.

I truly though Ole might be the man to bring Woodward down if it went wrong, but there just seems no appetite for it, and Ole been so bad is giving him an easy out, again.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
If we are getting battered the fans won’t be singing about Ole, we will just chant 20 times over and over to drown them out like the Moyes game, which to be fair was amazing yet depressing at the same time.

clarkydaz

If rumours are rife leading into the game i expect the stadium to give woodward/glazers attention. Like jose last season v newcastle

I Am Zlatan

It would have happened by now. He has the Liverpool game.
Unfortunately it looks like it.. if he doesn’t get sacked by the weekend, then he definitely will have the Liverpool game.

I don’t understand why we dwell on things and not do the sensible thing, cut our losses and move on..

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Unfortunately it looks like it.. if he doesn’t get sacked by the weekend, then he definitely will have the Liverpool game.

I don’t understand why we dwell on things and not do the sensible thing, cut our losses and move on..
Because the clowns are running the club.

clarkydaz

So who would you have manage the liverpool game?

Patrick220571

Woodward probably isn't relishing having to say to the Glazers, "sorry lads, i've cocked it up again. Can I pay him off and have another stab at it"?

George The Best

I don't know, I'm just so bereft of hope for us atm that I am more saying it in hope than expectation.

I truly though Ole might be the man to bring Woodward down if it went wrong, but there just seems no appetite for it, and Ole been so bad is giving him an easy out, again.
Ole is the last person to bring Ed down unfortunately, he’s living his dream job. I’m not sure there’s anybody with the clout to make the Glazers see sense and remove Ed from all things football related. He can stay as CEO and keep bringing the money in, but we must have a football person as DoF/TD running the football side. If I were them, not having a clue about football, i’d get an independent consultant in to advise on how to structure the business. Ed won’t like it but what the hell.

Heymrtangerineman

I think a lot of us must surely have seen this coming? Main reason I didn't renew my membership was the lack of investment/ambition/direction displayed over the summer.

Investing in our defence (rightly) while ignoring our midfield (ridiculously) and failing to replace our attackers (do we NOT want to score goals) while keeping the likes of Mata, Lingard and Perreira was a recipe for disaster.

vivaronaldo

Ole is the last person to bring Ed down unfortunately, he’s living his dream job. I’m not sure there’s anybody with the clout to make the Glazers see sense and remove Ed from all things football related. He can stay as CEO and keep bringing the money in, but we must have a football person as DoF/TD running the football side. If I were them, not having a clue about football, i’d get an independent consultant in to advise on how to structure the business. Ed won’t like it but what the hell.
to hell what ed thinks , if we hire anyone else and woodward is there , nothing will change

whats the definition of insanity again , doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results - sums us up to a tee

ole cant be the only 1 to go , otherwise we are waisting our time and deja vu again with the new manager in 1 years time

I Am Zlatan

So who would you have manage the liverpool game?
I’m not sure if you’re asking the question as in it’s so soon and the options are limited, or in general who I want it to be?

Either way I’m not getting paid millions to scout the best, but from my limited resources (watching tv, and reading online, etc.)

I wouldn’t mind Pochettino here, if he’s unattainable, Wenger as a caretaker until the end of the season would be good in my opinion as well.

Again, none of us here really have a great knowledge or the resources to make the absolute best judgment, but it doesn’t take an expert to see Ole is failing unfortunately, unlike Mourinho situation, none of us have an agenda against a club legend, it’s just not working, and it haven’t since the win against PSG.

Also, maybe the new manager bounce might earn us a draw, maybe (highly unlikely) a win against Liverpool..

what’s the point of waiting until after the Liverpool game to sack, or maybe even a month from now, when we’re most likely will be in deeper trouble..

Enigma_87

You know who
Sad to see. This club need some clenching, and Ole is the one to do it. Like I said. If he can get that first 11 going, he will be arround 4th to 6 place. If he has to keep playing his second string he will be arround 8th to 12. That is the level this squad is about. He really is a remarkable manager, but not if you don’t look behind poor results and really poor performances. The reason he is here is SAF thinking the same. A brilliant football mind. It is the way it goes sometimes. It’s the same at Tottenham. Do you really believe Poch is not coaching them players either? To many on here think football is black and white. It isn’t. It is a game of endless variables. It used to be a family supporting UTD. It still is I suppose. But there is a gap with all the plastics and actual supporters. The ones that pay their hard earned money, and the ones that play to much fifa being loud at forums. Give the man some time to sort out this mess. At least have some self respect and educate yourself. Even against Newcastle there where loads of mistakes made obvious the players took the easy options. Watch it again. Pay attention to how static some players are. Look at when there are options available penetrating, the likes of Fred passes it sideways. It’s like Roy Keen said. These players threw Mourinho under the bus, and they won’t hesitate throwing Ole under it neither. And they are. This place is toxic at the moment. Dosent help the club one bit!
:lol::lol:

Roy Keen.

Remarkable manager.

Obvious wum is obvious.

r0663664

Worships Man City
Can everyone stop saying that Ole will do well if he has a healthy squad? Stop giving him an excuse to fail. What if Pogba and AWB is not with Long term injury, does it mean Ole can finish 12-15 in the table? These are all excuses for failure. His job is to devise a strategy with what is available to him. If he cannot then prepare to get sack or he should just resign. Thanks.

Wishe

I wouldn’t mind Pochettino here, if he’s unattainable, Wenger as a caretaker until the end of the season would be good in my opinion as well.
Are you out of your mind? I would rather have Ole's son as a caretaker.

TheChad

For every game that we play it becomes clear that Ole is clueless when facing adversity at the highest level.

This is one of the things that seperates a decent manager from a great one; finding ways to win despite bad circumstances. Fergie did it. Even bloody Mourinho did it.

With that said, I'm not even sure Ole is a decent manager. He could be, but is Manchester United the club to give him time to develop in to a possibly great manager? I doubt it.

I think he gets the sack if we lose to Liverpool.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vitali

I have no idea what Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is doing in training, so I'm not going to comment on his quality as a coach.

It seems absolutely scandalous to me that these players are unable to muster up more than one shot on target, in numerous matches, regardless of the quality of coaching. How on earth do you assemble a bunch of so-called quality players, who can't produce clear cut chances against the likes of Rochdale, Newcastle and Astana?

A primary weakness that was highlighted in recent years was a lack of service to the strikers, which is certainly an area where the team is lacking. How many balls has Daniel James put into the box this season for Marcos Rashford to be muscled out of position, or to simply to be nowhere near and walking around like a pedestrian?

The same issues were present in matches under Louis van Gaal and Jose Mourinho. Unfortunately, the club has become like every other club and instead of exploring other avenues such as a footballing director, sacking the manager and rehiring another manager is the go-to solution. Like a roulette machine, it's almost as if the club feels that if they do it enough, they will land on the ideal manager eventually.

Reactions: Sultan

Amir

We can hire an interim again and then poach someone in the summer.

We can't let Ole survive the season.
Why can't we let Ole survive the season and poach someone at the end of it, rather than have a temp for seven months?

I think Ole is doing a crap job, but I doubt we'll be achieving much this season no matter who coaches us. I think things will stabilise a little over the next few weeks. If they don't, and we actually find ourselves dragged into the relegation zone, then we can make a change.

r0663664

Worships Man City
Why can't we let Ole survive the season and poach someone at the end of it, rather than have a temp for seven months?

I think Ole is doing a crap job, but I doubt we'll be achieving much this season no matter who coaches us. I think things will stabilise a little over the next few weeks. If they don't, and we actually find ourselves dragged into the relegation zone, then we can make a change.
No we can't. We need a new manager to assess the players and team therefore having time to identify targets for next 2 transfer window. Why do you put it a temp and wait for the season to be over then hire a new manager who doesn't have time to assess the squad. Ole had time but his talents assessment has been poor with playing Lingard, Pereira and others.

mattsville

Can we not just attack, what is with all the cautious football and not committing players forward, there are so many contradictions about what was said and what was displayed as interim, he needs to be braver, swap out Rashford and Lingard with Greenwood and Gomes who are much better players, yes very youthful isn't that the route we went not replacing what we sold, just go for it and attack, this conservative shit does not suit and it is not working, if it was with a longer term plan in mind you could do it, but IT IS NOT WORKING.

Eddy_JukeZ

Because I think it can get much worse under Ole.

And I think with a suitable interim, you can still get top 4 considering the other teams have their own issues.

We are managed by the worst manager in the Prem and every stat regarding us is damning at the moment.

We need a change.

Amir

No we can't. We need a new manager to assess the players and team therefore having time to identify targets for next 2 transfer window. Why do you put it a temp and wait for the season to be over then hire a new manager who doesn't have time to assess the squad. Ole had time but his talents assessment has been poor with playing Lingard, Pereira and others.
Hey, I'm all for that, but who do we bring in? Allegri is available but I'm not a fan of his style. I'm just not keen on making a change if we can't bring in someone who can really shake things up.

Amir

Because I think it can get much worse under Ole.

And I think with a suitable interim, you can still get top 4 considering the other teams have their own issues.

We are managed by the worst manager in the Prem and every stat regarding us is damning at the moment.

We need a change.
We do need a change, and I would change things if it meant we use the rest of the season to implementing the changes and put in a system that will serve us going forward.

But that wouldn't happen with another caretaker, who'll just try to get the best results he can. And I wouldn't appoint one for the sake of a top 4 place

Foxbatt

Souness was right. The Board or Woodward is not going to tell Ole you don't have enough players. Ole knew from the time he came that he was going to get rid of Lukaku and Fellaini.
So why didn't he insist to the board he needs a striker? He thought Rashford would do it. As Souness pointed out any Board will be happy if they don't have to spend money.
The only thing Gary Neville said that was right was that Lukaku, Fellaini, Herrera and Sanchez would get into this team.
Redknapp was spot on in that the Captain of Manchester United is Ashley f Young. Young? This is Manchester United we are talking about.
We had players like Robson, Bruce, Eric,R Vidic, Rooney and then Valencia and Young?
Ole is entirely responsible for this disaster.

el3mel

Because we are in the bottom half of the table. Things are going to get worse before being better. We might find ourselves really fighting for relegation with Ole if we weren't careful enough. Forget top 4. We need a new manager to salvage a top 10 or 8 finish at least.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Adam Bate is usually a good read and this is the harshest he's been on any manager.

His chief responsibility is to organise the team on the pitch and maximise the resources available to him in order to achieve results - preferably with an attractive and recognisable style of play. It is a remit on which he is failing. It is a remit on which he has no real record of note to persuade anyone that he will do anything other than continue to fail in the future.
https://www.skysports.com/football/...t-manchester-united-does-he-deserve-more-time

Foxbatt

Ole can't even get a corner kick right. Why do some people think he can move us forward?
If we appoint Fat Sam he is going to win more points than Ole will. I am not saying we should appoint him but just comparing Ole to Big Sam.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Remove the emotional attachment from it.

Simply put, he is not a good enough manager to be in charge of Manchester United.

Souness failed at Liverpool, Shearer failed at Newcastle, Hoddle failed at Tottenham, Seedorf, Inzaghi & Gattuso failed at Milan. Club legends don't always make great managers.

Thanks for everything, Ole. You're a legend and that will never change. You're not the guy we need right now though.

Revaulx

Mainoldo

This also, regarding the new recruitment policy, and why it doesn’t depend on Ole:
Yep I don’t see why anything should change when he’s gone. Probably just less links to Declain Rice and Maddison who i couldn’t care about anyway. More expensive English hype. No thanks.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
I would absolutely love it if Ole turns it around and then starts winning things.

Always blame the manager eh?

Despite 3 previous managers, Jose, LVG, Moyes still not getting a tune out of these players.

Yet it's the managers fault every single time hmmmmmm

Simply we.are.not.good.enough. Sooner everyone realises that the better. The players simply are not good enough. Get over it.

Ole can't even get a corner kick right. Why do some people think he can move us forward?
If we appoint Fat Sam he is going to win more points than Ole will. I am not saying we should appoint him but just comparing Ole to Big Sam.
Didn't know Ole was playing too!

Revaulx

Remove the emotional attachment from it.

Simply put, he is not a good enough manager to be in charge of Manchester United.

Souness failed at Liverpool, Shearer failed at Newcastle, Hoddle failed at Tottenham, Seedorf, Inzaghi & Gattuso failed at Milan. Club legends don't always make great managers.

Thanks for everything, Ole. You're a legend and that will never change. You're not the guy we need right now though.
Clark, Gray and Bremner at Leeds in the 80s.

Ed’s still got Keano and Giggsy to go at :nervous:

Classical Mechanic

Correct from Bate

If it feels churlish to point to Solskjaer's past experiences with Cardiff and Molde it shouldn't. Consider the fact that for all the discontent at Newcastle and Everton right now there might not be another Premier League fan base who would prefer to see the United boss in charge of their own team. What a perverse situation for the biggest club in the land.

Status
Not open for further replies.