Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

mav_9me

Needs a goal, subs on Jesse Lingard who has been absolutely abysmal for ages, while giving Greenwood the last 10 minutes. Absolutely woeful decision.
That was criminal.

That's actually my 2nd biggest criticism of Ole. For all his talk of youth he often goes back to the tried and failed. While it does appear he has moved on from Matic ( or is it really just injury thats keeping him away we shall see) and Mata, he still keeps trust in Lingard/Young etc.

If we are going to lose anyway, I would rather lose with Williams at LB, Tuanzebe in defense, Garner/Gomes/Greenwood getting game time.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Why did he start with Young instead of Williams?

Why didn’t we continue with 343 when our defense is so shaky against strong forwards?

Pereira isn’t good enough to start as a playmaker and still Ole continue to use him in a formation that doesn’t work when we are supposed to control the game. Coincidence or clueless?

We still don’t have a functional game plan when we have possession and we’re in the beginning of November. Once again we don’t create chances. Coincidence?

I thought he had turned the corner after our win against Chelsea, I was so wrong. It’s hard to swallow but when will we move on and hire a competent manager? Ole isn’t the answer.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Not many tbh. It's very rare
It's not rare at all(if former great players include the likes of Ole) but it's not a guarantee of anything because even more failed.

Al Capone

Solskjaer and the team bereft of any ideas. Some openings in the first 10 mins that a technically better team would have burried but our players run past the ball or can't get it under control and take any decent shot on targer until the last 5 mins!!!

One or two good results followed by a shower of $%^!& like today. I'm a very patient man but even with the team we have we should be doing better against these teams. I'm slowly but surely losing confidence in this leadership. I'm hoping still that I'm proved wrong but displays like today just make me want to put my boot through the tele.

No urgency in this team either until the 3 mins added time board went up.

Enigma_87

You know who
I'd say there was a 50% chance of you being back. Happily for you we didn't win.

No need for excuses really. For me i accept the squad isn't strong enough to expect to win these games with any manager.
I wasn't away... :rolleyes:

We lost, not just didn't win.

Luckily for you the 3 wins bought him time. We might end up in a worse position but as long as he is our manager you will be happy :)

Chairman Steve

To those who say he bought well... after what we’ve seen so far this season, wouldn’t he have bought well if he had actually addressed our midfield and attack? So he hasn’t actually bought well if we’re still conceding and we have to rely on penalties and hoping a team comes at us to get goals.

After all, goals are what win games and get you league points.

Smores

I'd say there was a 50% chance of you being back. Happily for you we didn't win.

No need for excuses really. For me i accept the squad isn't strong enough to expect to win these games with any manager.
The squads not good enough to beat Bournemouth? Thought I'd heard it all :lol:

Kostov

That was criminal.

That's actually my 2nd biggest criticism of Ole. For all his talk of youth he often goes back to the tried and failed. While it does appear he has moved on from Matic ( or is it really just injury thats keeping him away we shall see) and Mata, he still keeps trust in Lingard/Young etc.

If we are going to lose anyway, I would rather lose with Williams at LB, Tuanzebe in defense, Garner/Gomes/Greenwood getting game time.
It total hypocrisy or he actually is a total moron believing Lingard is better than he actually is, and overstating the leadership Young brings. Both of them are absolutely awful at their job, just like Matic, yet they are still here getting minutes at every possible occasion.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Yeah, I'm not sure he'd be doing us any favours that way. A few millions means nothing in the grand scheme of things. And for him to walk out without giving the board the necessary time to hire people who can help them do their jobs would just mean another scatterbrained decision.

Thankfully not all of us think a long-term approach requires Solskjaer being the manager - like some have insisted on. But a long-term approach does require us to hire a manager who fits and if we have to wait, the interim period needs to be carefully considered. We probably don't have any coach at the club of the required pedigree to step in.
Allegri is available right now, but that may not remain the case for much longer.

Lynty

why is allegri not the answer?
His initial Milan success was during the worst period of Italian football - possibly forever - whilst inheriting players of true world class ability. It wasn't a particular exciting Milan team and never built on from a good start, with the team slowly deteriorating (bar one decent season when El Sharaawy thought he was the next coming of Messi).

His Juve success was orchestrated by Marotta and Patirici as a long term plan to restore Juve to Italian dominance. If i recall correctly, they'd already won three leagues on the bounce before his appointment. With a robust scouting and recruitment process in place, you'd rightly expect more than Serie A titles. Even then - can anyone really say what his style is?

He's a good manager, but we can't offer him the patience or support he got with the Italian clubs. He hasn't demonstrated that he can successfully deliver a 'project' and that's very much what we are, and he's football philosophy isn't defined. I put him in the same bracket as LvG and Jose - who are both fantastic managers who found themselves unable to deliver under the circumstances.

Poch (even though I have large doubts on him ) Ten Hag, Nagglesmann, Rose, Tuchel and god forbid Brendan Ro...(I can't bring myself to say it) - would all be better fits. Even an early to mid 2000s Jose - before he lost the passion.

I don't see any benefit of sacking Ole now though . There is nobody available and we can't afford a honeymoon period swaying the decision like last time. I'd happily take Allegri on a half season, but everyone knows a good run will secure him the job.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I wasn't away... :rolleyes:

We lost, not just didn't win.

Luckily for you the 3 wins bought him time. We might end up in a worse position but as long as he is our manager you will be happy :)
Your reaction would have been the same with a draw.

I won't be happy until i think we've got a squad good enough to challenge again whether it's Ole or anyone else because results will be the same (like this time last year when i said they would be under the next manager after Mourinho).

Enigma_87

You know who

I won't be happy until i think we've got a squad good enough to challenge again whether it's Ole or anyone else because results will be the same (like this time last year when i said they would be under the next manager after Mourinho).
Probably, probably not.

To be honest against Partizan we looked even worse, not sure how we even got a result there.

So you expect someone to parachute us with a good squad and the solution is to buy more players? Basically what we have doing since Fergie left?

Leftback99

I'm not getting into one of these debates again. Yes these teams are just there to make up the numbers in the PL, they never win games against anyone. I didn't say it's not good enough to win, i just don't 'expect' to win, there's a clear difference.

Kemizee

Took too long to bring on Greenwood and Williams. Difficult to gauge a manager when all you have is Lingard on the bench to change things whilst your defense has the propensity to ball watch as a striker is juggling the ball in the box.
Not that difficult if you are a club who does not bask in sentiments and nepotism.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I'm not getting into one of these debates again. Yes these teams are just there to make up the numbers in the PL, they never win games against anyone. I didn't say it's not good enough to win, i just don't 'expect' to win, there's a clear difference.
I'd say we are only there to make up the numbers now.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Allegri is available right now, but that may not remain the case for much longer.
I don't think he's the one. I'd prefer someone like Nagelsmann and that would only become remotely plausible in the summer.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
How Ed doesn't realise that this is not working and with delaying sacking he is doing damage to this club? We will be 10 points from top4 today. And that is without playing any big away game. We didn't play against City, Spurs, Liverpool, Chelsea, Leicester, Arsenal....

I must ask. If Ole stays whole season, do anybody see us above 10th place?

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

I still maintain that in the event Ole gets sacked, Woodward must go with him.

I cannot envisage that after four failed managerial appointments, this absolute calamity of a CEO will not only keep his position at the club but choose the next manager too. For me, his fate is directly linked to Ole's.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
How Ed doesn't realise that this is not working and with delaying sacking he is doing damage to this club? We will be 10 points from top4 today. And that is without playing any big away game. We didn't play against City, Spurs, Liverpool, Chelsea, Leicester, Arsenal....

I must ask. If Ole stays whole season, do anybody see us above 10th place?

Not if we carry on like this. Every step forward we make is followed by another one backwards.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
You didn't heard that? It is general argument since day one. We have shit squad and without 300mil more and two transfer windows, we can't beat teams like Bournemouth. Not to mention that teams like West Ham or Palace have maybe better squads than us. Ole needs one more season to catch that lot. Not to mention mighty Leicester or Arsenal. For that, he will need years

Leftback99

Probably, probably not.

To be honest against Partizan we looked even worse, not sure how we even got a result there.

So you expect someone to parachute us with a good squad and the solution is to buy more players? Basically what we have doing since Fergie left?
It will take time and there are no guarantees. I just think Solskjaer might have a good idea of what a good United squad should look like where our previous managers have failed at it.

Enigma_87

You know who
It will take time and there are no guarantees. I just think Solskjaer might have a good idea of what a good United squad should look like where our previous managers have failed at it.
Based on?

Our squad is in the worst shape since I can remember and is after the result of our transfer business overseen by him in the Summer.

Champagne Football

He should have rested more first XI players against Chelsea in the league cup. The league is 6 billion times more important. Bournemouth had a nice week off, were fresher than us. Klopp played a full 2nd team in his league cup game midweek. I can't get my head around Ole prioritising league cup over league

ArjenIsM3

He should have rested more first XI players against Chelsea in the league cup. The league is 6 billion times more important. Bournemouth had a nice week off, were fresher than us. Klopp played a full 2nd team in his league cup game midweek. I can't get my head around Ole prioritising league cup over league
He's not prioritising league cup over the league. This side was stronger on paper than the one we put out against Chelsea.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I think you are confusing fanboys with genuine United fans who want to see the team win.

Regardless of whether you are Ole in or out, let's not lose sight of the fact that we're all United fans here who ultimately we want the same thing; the club to start winning consistently again. We just differ in opinions on how best to achieve that.

This fanboy nonsense needs to stop as it wreaks of oneupmanship.
Funny enough that we have to hear about proper supporters in this context. Maybe some care more and just hate being so shite??

RORY65

For what though? What are we actually aiming for in the league this season, we're clearly not making the top 4 and we shouldn't go down so a cup run might at least be something.

Status
Not open for further replies.