Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
No he didn't though did he, because they drew back 50% of that by selling Lukaku. The past two summers the Glazers have given the manager around £70m to spend. They've clearly tightened the pursestrings after seeing lots of cash wasted by LVG and Jose. Allegri would be fuming when we sell Pogba for £120m or something and replace him with Longstaff for half that amount.

Ole won't be. Ole will just be thankful to be there. That's the difference for me.
That is not how it works in reality, also he wanted Lukaku sold

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It depends completely on the latter. If the fans are still buying Oles snake oil and time buying he'll stay in post because he's the ideal manager for owners that want to spend as little as possible.

I want him gone now and I predict he'll be gone by Christmas because I think we'll be around 15th by then and the negativity will mean the board need to "do something" to ensure those hallowed season tickets get renewed.

It won't be a January warchest because there isn't one and Even if there was it's an impossible task in January. Which leaves one option. change of manager.
He isn't employed by owners that try to do that. The board is inept but United isn't a cheap club.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
He isn't employed by owners that try to do that. The board is inept but United isn't a cheap club.
Plus it's not even true. The ideal manager for owners who want to spend as little as possible would be Poch or Wenger, i.e. a manager who still gets into top four consistently without much budget to work with.

Ole is the ideal manager for club's who want to fade into obscurity.

Sterling Archer

That is not how it works in reality, also he wanted Lukaku sold
He very very specifically said if Lukaku goes, we will buy a replacement.

Lukaku goes, no striker comes in.

Ole keeps his mouth shut like a good little boy.

As others have said, perfect manager for those above, just happy to be here.

Alabaster Codify7

Plus it's not even true. The ideal manager for owners who want to spend as little as possible would be Poch or Wenger, i.e. a manager who still gets into top four consistently without much budget to work with.

I won't disagree with this.

JPRouve

Scout

You are right but even if you swap Ole for Poch or Wenger, we are talking about a club with a +300m wage bill and that effectively spends more than 150m on transfers every year. I don't know how we should describe United as a club but cheap would be the last thing to suggest.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
You are right but even if you swap Ole for Poch or Wenger, we are talking about a club with a +300m wage bill and that effectively spends more than 150m on transfers every year. I don't know how we should describe United as a club but cheap would be the last thing to suggest.
We are a club who are incompetent at making decisions that are good for the football team. Wrong managers, wrong players, wrong coaches. Wrong, wrong wrong. The main wrong is the people who are running this club. They chose all these managers, including Ole and they should suffer the consequences, but they won't. As usual it will be the fans who suffer the most. Ole won't suffer, he will get a nice big payout.

Cassidy

He very very specifically said if Lukaku goes, we will buy a replacement.

Lukaku goes, no striker comes in.

Ole keeps his mouth shut like a good little boy.

As others have said, perfect manager for those above, just happy to be here.
I know that, but the point is that it is he who sidelined Lukaku from the moment he became manager and decided that Lukaku wasn't the type of striker he wanted. So it his decision to sell him.
Lets not make out as if the board forced him to sell, he wanted Lukaku out. He did this without knowing who the replacement would be, its naive at best management, because any manager knows the replacement you want is not guaranteed to be available.
We are also told that it was Ole who turned down Mandzukic and Llorente.

It was simply a rookie mistake, the board are also culpable too, but not lets not act like Ole didn't play his part

A smarter manager keeps Lukaku onside until he knows he no longer needs him, like Fergie

DomesticTadpole

I know that, but the point is that it is he who sidelined Lukaku from the moment he became manager and decided that Lukaku wasn't the type of striker he wanted. So it his decision to sell him.
Lets not make out as if the board forced him to sell, he wanted Lukaku out. He did this without knowing who the replacement would be, its naive at best management, because any manager knows the replacement you want is not guaranteed to be available.

It was simply a rookie mistake, the board are also culpable too, but not lets not act like Ole didn't play his part
Then Ole created this situation. It's his own fault. Think getting rid of him and Fellaini was just to curry favour with the fans. Someone Moyes brought in, someone Jose brought in. He probably thought he was playing a blinder and it is backfiring.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Yeah I don't think that at all.

We've spent plenty of money since Fergie retired, consistently so. We've just spent it very very badly. And I count £80m Harry Maguire in that.

Nash27

Living off of a tap-in scored 20 years ago. You hate to see it.
No he has been living off more than just a tap in. Sick of fans disrespecting a club legend like Ole. Dislike his management style and tactics? sure go ahead and criticize but stop degrading the man.

Unfortunately you are right, we spent £130m on a couple of defenders and we are being heavily linked with another £80m on Rice, another overrated English player.

The thing is, even if he had £70m net to spend he made a couple of poor decisions on Maguire and AWB. He should have sort cheaper alternatives and squeezed in another midfielder.
Talk about spouting rubbish..jesus. Maguire and AWB have been good signings and have solidified the defence. It doesn't help that they have crap players infront of them and beside them. They are far from the problem. If Ole had sought cheaper alternatives from other leagues and struggled, people like you will be giving him stick anyway for not spending the money on quality CB and RB.

Reactions: Cheimoon

Sterling Archer

Then Ole created this situation. It's his own fault. Think getting rid of him and Fellaini was just to curry favour with the fans. Someone Moyes brought in, someone Jose brought in. He probably thought he was playing a blinder and it is backfiring.
I actually think there's a lot behind this. With Fellaini, there was not even a chance to prove himself as he had done with LVG and Jose before. Don't think anyone reasonably expected him to survive those managers with so much game time. Now, it could have been Ed. But I think Ole gave the thumbs up because he is mired in the noise online. Multiple times now Ole has had a dig at online fans that are critical. It strikes me as so so odd and is a classic psychology case that very likely means he's online himself quite a bit and has been influenced in the preceding years.

Lukaku could go either way as far as the reason for wanting him gone, as he was just too fat to play.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout

A smarter manager keeps Lukaku onside until he knows he no longer needs him, like Fergie
Do we know that though? I'm all for giving blame to Ole for the state of the football this year, but I find it hard believing he was happy to get rid of Lukaku and Sanchez without pushing for a quality replacement. I think it more likely, and this could still be seen as a criticism of his continuing as manager, that he suggested a few quality replacements he'd like and was denied by Woodward/Judge etc.

If there's evidence that Ole knew he wouldn't be getting a replacement, and was responsible for pulling names like Llorente and Manzukic pretty much out of his arse once we started to struggle, I've not seen it.

DomesticTadpole

I actually think there's a lot behind this. With Fellaini, there was not even a chance to prove himself as he had done with LVG and Jose before. Don't think anyone reasonably expected him to survive those managers with so much game time. Now, it could have been Ed. But I think Ole gave the thumbs up because he is mired in the noise online. Multiple times now Ole has had a dig at online fans that are critical. It strikes me as so so odd and is a classic psychology case that very likely means he's online himself quite a bit and has been influenced in the preceding years.

Lukaku could go either way as far as the reason for wanting him gone, as he was just too fat to play.
Lukaku was out of shape, but to sell him and leave us short in the area that wins games was negligent, now Martial has to produce as he appears to be our saviour.

Cassidy

He was also the top scoring striker under Ole...

Cassidy

Do we know that though? I'm all for giving blame to Ole for the state of the football this year, but I find it hard believing he was happy to get rid of Lukaku and Sanchez without pushing for a quality replacement. I think it more likely, and this could still be seen as a criticism of his continuing as manager, that he suggested a few quality replacements he'd like and was denied by Woodward/Judge etc.

If there's evidence that Ole knew he wouldn't be getting a replacement, and was responsible for pulling names like Llorente and Manzukic pretty much out of his arse once we started to struggle, I've not seen it.
Yes, Lukaku was sold close to the end of the window and there was no deal for a replacement.

It is naive management to think that a deal was going to magically appear in a couple of days. He also came out and said he would be ok without a replacement at that point.

Earlier in the window is when he said he would need a replacement if Lukaku were to be sold, later in the window before Lukaku had been sold he changed his tune

JPRouve

Scout
We are a club who are incompetent at making decisions that are good for the football team. Wrong managers, wrong players, wrong coaches. Wrong, wrong wrong. The main wrong is the people who are running this club. They chose all these managers, including Ole and they should suffer the consequences, but they won't. As usual it will be the fans who suffer the most. Ole won't suffer, he will get a nice big payout.
But how can they be that incompetent because I don't think that they are being malicious but just really dumb? How can they justify to themselves this type of spending with that type of results? As someone that is genuinely cheap, I would be physically sick if I was in their shoes, it would kill me to spend that much for absolutely nothing and I would have cut expenses a long time ago.

DomesticTadpole

But how can they be that incompetent because I don't think that they are being malicious but just really dumb? How can they justify to themselves this type of spending with that type of results? As someone that is genuinely cheap, I would be physically sick if I was in their shoes, it would kill me to spend that much for absolutely nothing and I would have cut expenses a long time ago.
Then they really need to make changes or it will not get any better. They take too many shortcuts on the recruitment side. We need a DOF and more. If it cost money then they will have to just stump up and get the best or we will just sink into insignificance. We will end up a BT documentary, 'When United ruled the World'.

Skills

Snitch
I think the Glazers themselves are quite passive and Woodward caves into fan pressure. Our fanbase is more of a cult, and the manager for the followers of this cult is the omnipotent leader.

Kurton

Lukaku was sidelined as soon as Ole arrived and it was quite evident that they did not have a good relation. It no surprise Ole got rid of Lukaku, but what we won't know is if he was happy. Judging by his words, it appears as though he is happy without Lukaku being replaced.

Sanchez's loan is entirely on Ole. Glazers have nothing to gain from Sanchez deal as there is no fee and we are still paying 50% of his wages. Its not a significant saving for them anyway. It was just sheer stupidity from Ole after the window had closed.

JPRouve

Scout
I think the Glazers themselves are quite passive and Woodward caves into fan pressure.
That's what I believe too, it is cowardice that is seeing us in that situation because there is no other rational behind it, no one with a little bit of common sense would be happy to be associated with that type of failure, at that type of cost. If it was about money they could easily double their dividends and wages by simply reducing the wage bill to the actual worth of our current lot which should be closer to 100m than it is to 300m. You don't need to spend 600m per year in order to compete in the Europa League.

kenge

made a couple of poor decisions on Maguire and AWB
Unfortunately you are right, we spent £130m on a couple of defenders and we are being heavily linked with another £80m on Rice, another overrated English player.

The thing is, even if he had £70m net to spend he made a couple of poor decisions on Maguire and AWB. He should have sort cheaper alternatives and squeezed in another midfielder.

Ole's time here is done, its just a matter of time. Going forward, if the Glazers have decided to tighten up the purse then the current system can't continue. We need to up our recruitment game big time and find a manager who isn't scared to work with young talent who can also improve them.
Do you know anything about football.... Maguire and AWB are not poor signings, they have massively improved out team ffs

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Yes, Lukaku was sold close to the end of the window and there was no deal for a replacement.

It is naive management to think that a deal was going to magically appear in a couple of days

Earlier in the window is when he said he would need a replacement if Lukaku were to be sold, later in the window before Lukaku had been sold he changed his tune
I agree the sequencing of events got on top of Ole and United. I think once Ole had made it clear he didn't want Lukaku as part of his squad nor his dressing room he was out, and I assume (and certainly hope) Ole identified some replacement targets that were either rebuffed or missed by Woodward/Judge. At that point we could have cancelled Lukaku's exit and Ole would have had to integrate an unhappy player who thought he was leaving back into the team, but rightly or wrongly United took the option to get rid and made their money back.

While I understand many good managers have had success asking wantaway players to 'give us a season', I thought it was the correct decision at the time to cut our losses on Lukaku as he looked completely disinterested getting himself up for the fight here. I agree not replacing him was a massive failure this summer but I'm not minded to blame Ole for wanting Lukaku out and coming unstuck getting a replacement in.

Sterling Archer

Lukaku was out of shape, but to sell him and leave us short in the area that wins games was negligent, now Martial has to produce as he appears to be our saviour.
He was also the top scoring striker under Ole...
In the context of whether Ole was influenced by fans and online to move Lukaku on, I'm not sure I can be as certain as with Fellaini. We do know that as soon as Ole came in he gave extremely preferential treatment to Rashford and precipitated Lukaku's search for another club.

In the end, specifics aside, it is not a very flattering picture of what Ole's man management is like.

AneRu

No he has been living off more than just a tap in. Sick of fans disrespecting a club legend like Ole. Dislike his management style and tactics? sure go ahead and criticize but stop degrading the man.

Talk about spouting rubbish..jesus. Maguire and AWB have been good signings and have solidified the defence. It doesn't help that they have crap players infront of them and beside them. They are far from the problem. If Ole had sought cheaper alternatives from other leagues and struggled, people like you will be giving him stick anyway for not spending the money on quality CB and RB.
Both were overpriced for players with such obvious flaws in them, £80m should get you Mr Perfect who elevates your defence up a level. Maguire lacks recovery pace and AWB is average in attack, both things a different manager might find intolerable.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Ole is inexperienced. Everyone knew that, the board had to know that when they signed him without any managerial record at the highest levels. So the thing is, knowing this, the management had to be expecting that Ole was going to need time to learn, to pick up experience, to make mistakes. The question is, how long were they planning on giving him?? Based on my estimation, Ole is going to need at least 4-5 years to smell any chance of success. Is the club willing to wait that long? If not, why did they hire him in the first place?
A manager who need experience at your club isn't good enough for your club. He'll be gone by Jan/Feb IMO. Maximum by the end of the season.

AneRu

Do you know anything about football.... Maguire and AWB are not poor signings, they have massively improved out team ffs
I wouldn't call it an improvement worth overlooking the midfield over, no. If he knew that he was going to have £70m net to spend then going all out players with such obvious flaws wasn't the smartest decision he could make. Considering where were coming from anyone could improve our defense. For me the improvement we have seen so far wasn't worth the money.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Lukaku was sidelined as soon as Ole arrived and it was quite evident that they did not have a good relation. It no surprise Ole got rid of Lukaku, but what we won't know is if he was happy. Judging by his words, it appears as though he is happy without Lukaku being replaced.

Sanchez's loan is entirely on Ole. Glazers have nothing to gain from Sanchez deal as there is no fee and we are still paying 50% of his wages. Its not a significant saving for them anyway. It was just sheer stupidity from Ole after the window had closed.
I think Ole identified both as bad apples and was keen to get them out. Though I appreciate the argument that he should have been able to bring them back in from the cold once it was clear we weren't getting replacements I can also appreciate that I don't know how bad the dressing room was nor do I know the intricacies of their situations this summer. I'd be surprised if Ole had carte blanche to cancel those deals whenever he liked and I doubt whether he'd have been minded to have two disgruntled players return to his squad after they'd hoped to be at Inter.

Ole is not absolved of blame by any means but in my view the situation was more complex than a naive manager making a misjudgement, I think he was between a rock and a hard place.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
No but they still loved Dalglish when he looked out of his depth, saying he should move on but were respectful to their legend.
That's not accurate in hindsight.

Dalglish took over Liverpool after Hodgson in the January when they were in exactly the same circumstances to us right now, hovering around the bottom half & laughing stock. He stabilised them, finishing 6th.

The following season he won the league cup (their first trophy for 6 years) and narrowly lost the FA cup final to Chelsea. He finished 8th.

Of course the fans didn't despise him and still loved him. He done a good job for them at the time.

If Ole took over us now and produced those results, he'd still be loved too.

Problem is, he's our Hodgson instead.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
That's not accurate in hindsight.

Dalglish took over Liverpool after Hodgson in the January when they were in exactly the same circumstances to us right now, hovering around the bottom half & laughing stock. He stabilised them, finishing 6th.

The following season he won the league cup (their first trophy for 6 years) and narrowly lost the FA cup final to Chelsea. He finished 8th.

Of course the fans didn't despise him and still loved him. He done a good job for them at the time.

If Ole took over us now and produced those results, he'd still be loved too. Problem is, he's our Hodgson instead.
No, Moyes was our hodgson. Dalglish was Liverpool legend who took over, produced some very good football in half a season and then in the full season it was shit. Same with Ole, played some very good football in initial 2-3 months and in the full season it was shit.

There was no reason for Liverpool fans to stay loyal to Hodgson, juts like ManUtd fans didn't have for Moyes. Even when Dalglish was shit, Liverpool fans wanted him out but respected for what he achieved as a player and manager before, same with Ole. Fans want him out but he is respected for what he achieved as a player.

Comparing Liveprool fans treatment to Hodgson to ManUtd with Ole doesn't make sense considering Hodgson contributed feck all to Liverpool history.

Jacckk1985

Thinks we should ban Niall
I wouldn't call it an improvement worth overlooking the midfield over, no. If he knew that he was going to have £70m net to spend then going all out players with such obvious flaws wasn't the smartest decision he could make. Considering where were coming from anyone could improve our defense. For me the improvement we have seen so far wasn't worth the money.
Maybe I am giving Ole too much credit here, but I doubt he neglected midfield. Just the types of players that were identified were out of reach and he hoped more from the current lot - Pogba being fit and others not being below par to cover his role.

AneRu

Maybe I am giving Ole too much credit here, but I doubt he neglected midfield. Just the types of players that were identified were out of reach and he hoped more from the current lot - Pogba being fit and others not being below par to cover his role.
He possibly overestimated the capacity of a number of players to perform consistently which is just as poor a decision.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
I think the Glazers themselves are quite passive and Woodward caves into fan pressure. Our fanbase is more of a cult, and the manager for the followers of this cult is the omnipotent leader.
Not sure if it’s true. But apparently a few days after being made interim manager Ole showed Ed a screen of the 11 and then flipped it over to what it should be in 3 years time. That impressed Ed a lot. Also shows how gullible he is.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
No, Moyes was our hodgson. Dalglish was Liverpool legend who took over, produced some very good football in half a season and then in the full season it was shit. Same with Ole, played some very good football in initial 2-3 months and in the full season it was shit.

There was no reason for Liverpool fans to stay loyal to Hodgson, juts like ManUtd fans didn't have for Moyes. Even when Dalglish was shit, Liverpool fans wanted him out but respected for what he achieved as a player and manager before, same with Ole. Fans want him out but he is respected for what he achieved as a player.

Comparing Liveprool fans treatment to Hodgson to ManUtd with Ole doesn't make sense considering Hodgson contributed feck all to Liverpool history.
I am not insulting towards Solskjaer but i don't blame people who are because of the situation right now. I hold no sentimentality towards his past achievements as a player. Precisely because he is the manager right now. The only thing i care about is his managerial performances.

Whilst he is manager, who really cares what he achieved as a player? All i care about right now is that he's got us in our worst position since SAF retired. A few weeks back we were 16th! We're now 10th 10 points behind top 4 after 11 games already. By definition of results, he is our worst manager since SAF. None of the previous managers had us this low. Not even Moyes. So how is Solskjaer not our Hodgson?

I posted Dalglish's results. You call him shit in the full season, but he won their first trophy for 6 years and narrowly lost another in the same season he left. I know i would happily take those 'shit' results right now.

roonster09

Scout
You misunderstand. I am not insulting towards Solskjaer but i hold no sentimentality towards his past achievements as a player. Precisely because he is the manager right now. The only thing i care about is his managerial performances.

Whilst he is manager, who really cares what he achieved as a player? All i care about right now is that he's got us in our worst position since SAF retired. A few weeks back we were 16th! We're now 10th 10 points behind top 4 after 11 games already. By definition of results, he is our worst manager since SAF. None of the previous managers had us this low. Not even Moyes. So how is Solskjaer not our Hodgson?

I posted Dalglish's results. You call him shit in the full season, but he won their first trophy for 6 years and narrowly lost another in the same season he left. I know i would happily take those 'shit' results right now.
I'm comparing the individuals legacy as that was the discussion and the reply was to this point "Let me ask you, did Liverpool fans love Roy Hodgson when he was sinking them down into the abyss?"

It wasn't a valid comparison. Liverpool fans didn't love Hodgson just like ManUtd fans didn't love Moyes. There was no history between these managers and club. When it comes to Dalglish and Solskjaer, there is plenty of history.

What you are talking about is completely different argument and going by the records, Dalglish is by far the better manager than Ole.

Ancient Of Days

I think Ole identified both as bad apples and was keen to get them out. Though I appreciate the argument that he should have been able to bring them back in from the cold once it was clear we weren't getting replacements I can also appreciate that I don't know how bad the dressing room was nor do I know the intricacies of their situations this summer. I'd be surprised if Ole had carte blanche to cancel those deals whenever he liked and I doubt whether he'd have been minded to have two disgruntled players return to his squad after they'd hoped to be at Inter.

Ole is not absolved of blame by any means but in my view the situation was more complex than a naive manager making a misjudgement, I think he was between a rock and a hard place.
There's this myth peddled that Lukaku and Sanchez were bad apples.

On what basis? Lukaku had weight issues and was subsequently kicked out of the club.

Doesn't Shaw battle with weight issues and have bigger problems performing consistently? What's the difference?

Didn't Lukaku help land Ole the job by scoring twice in the famous PSG victory?

He scored in 3 games in row. 2 goals against Palace, 2 goals against Southampton and 2 goals against PSG.

After PSG we played against arsenal and he didn't perform and was promptly dropped and Ole made it clear Rashford was his favorite and that's when Lukuku and his agent started releasing stories about his desire to move to Italy.

Rashford knew he was no 1 and his place was secure hence the Gold Rashy chain he treated himself to shortly after Lukaku got marginalized

Sanchez himself didn't start to badly under Ole either scoring in the 3-1 win against Arsenal. Then was dropped in favor of Lingard who was given umpteenth amount of chances to prove himself even when doing nothing but being a passenger on the field.

It had to take a huge fans backlash during pre season and the start of this season for Jesse to be dropped and that was partly due to his off the field clownery

Yet you can be damn sure Ole is in no rush to kick him out of the club like he did with Lukaku or Sanchez

Sanchez during his time here was always hard working and a model professional. In the media the only time you'd see his social media is when he was posting videos of him working out in the gym or showing off pictures of his dog.

So ask where this this stuff about these two players being bad apples come from?

roonster09

Scout

On what basis? Lukaku had weight issues and was subsequently kicked out of the club.

Doesn't Shaw battle with weight issues and have bigger problems performing consistently? What's the difference?

He scored in 3 games in row. 2 goals against Palace, 2 goals against Southampton and 2 goals against PSG.

After PSG we played against arsenal and he didn't perform and was promptly dropped and Ole made it clear Rashford was his favorite and that's when Lukuku and his agent started releasing stories about his desire to move to Italy.

Rashford knew he was no 1 and his place was secure hence the Gold Rashy chain he treated himself to shortly after Lukaku got marginalized

Sanchez himself didn't start to badly under Ole either scoring in the 3-1 win against Arsenal. Then was dropped in favor of Lingard who was given umpteenth amount of chances to prove himself even when doing nothing but being a passenger on the field.

It had to take a huge fans backlash during pre season and the start of this season for Jesse to be dropped and that was partly due to his off the field clownery

Yet you can be damn sure Ole is in no rush to kick him out of the club like he did with Lukaku or Sanchez

Sanchez during his time here was always hard working and a model professional. In the media the only time you'd see his social media is when he was posting videos of him working out in the gym or showing off pictures of his dog.

So ask where this this stuff about these two players being bad apples come from?
:lol:

Lukaku was injured in that PSG match and then made it worse in the Arsenal game.

Lukaku injured a foot during United’s Champions League win over Paris St-Germain and aggravated the problem in last Sunday’s 2-0 defeat at Arsenal. He has been receiving treatment all week and will be assessed again on Friday but seems unlikely to play at this stage. Although Lukaku will be expected to report for international duty with Belgium on Sunday for further assessment, he is a doubt for the games against Russia and Cyprus.

Lingard and Herrera have been out since being substituted with hamstring injuries in the 0-0 draw against Liverpool on Feb 24 but both have returned to training. Herrera has more of a chance of being involved against Wolves than Lingard but Solskjaer wants to assess the likely match fitness of both.

AneRu

People will believe anything just to avoid facing the uncomfortable truth that our beloved legend simply isn't good enough and that the club has made another big, expensive mistake.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

Sanchez was not a bad apple in my opinion. All reports suggested he trained hard and had a good work ethic.

Lukaku was a bad apple. Its not just the weight issues. He flirted with Serie A long before he left openly while contracted to us. Then he name dropped Conte and went on to publish confidential fitness info on his peers using social media.

He was completely a bad apple. It doesn't matter how many he scores or how over critical we were of his performances. That type of professionalism has no place in our club.

Status
Not open for further replies.