Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chairman Steve

Needs to go. Lets them back in when the opposition is stumbling around waiting for the knockout punch to be delivered.

Yagami

Good post resistant
We got battered for something like 70 mins.

We changed formation and started cutting them open at will.

We then revert back to the formation that we were being battered in after taking the lead and concede.

I don't understand!

pascell

They were dead out on their feet, everytime we went forward we looked like scoring then at 3-2 he takes off a striker for a defend to play him in midfield, not good enough I'm afraid. His decision cost us 2 points.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Got an alarming amount of things wrong today.

Inviting pressure like that... Urgh...We had them at the back when it was 3-2

Castia

Why the feck did he change it

They were out on their feet and we was attacking at will....takes off Martial and goes to 5 at the back again even though it didn’t work in the first half.

feck sake

ash_86

Brilliant come back in one of the most harsh places to go. Showed that this United team has proper spine. Hard to take a draw after going in front .

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He is more defensive thsn Mourinho ffs. Starts with 5 defenders, goes with hail mary and then again goes in full defence.

Ainu

His game management after our third goal shows he's not cut out for this job. How he convinced himself that it was a good idea to go back to a system that had us utterly outplayed in the first half is beyond me. Just go for the fourth, we were all over them.
Exactly. He gets saved by a miracle after an abysmal performance and then still manages to throw it away through a terrible decision. He's completely out of his depth.

BlackBen

Stupid decision from him to go back to the formation that had us outplayed in the first place. The game was there for the taking, why not go for the fourth?

Sums him up as a manager, get Poch in please.

Spotkick

What a coward, tearing them a new one with 4 defenders and then deciding to go back to 5 defenders ..absolutly impossible to understand..Poch is available and an attacking coach. Just hire him because OGS doesnt have what it takes

Leg-End

Just doesn’t use his subs well enough, quite a simple thing to get right at this level

Mainoldo

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Oh the Ole out brigade will be sick... That's no losses in 8 now....

I will not apologize when I say this...If you've called him clueless, a cnut, out of his depth... You are not a supporter, you are every bit of the problem and toxic.
How embarrassing!!

Snafu17

How is bringing a defensive player on, 5 min until the end, with 4 forwards, a ACM in midfield and 2 teenagers on the field suddenly a mindbogling decision that no one understands and shows that the manager is out of his depth? What else was he supposed to do?

Bitching about the first 70 minutes is fine and understandable, but complaining about Tuanzebe's substitution is just dumb.

Additionally it wasn't a back 3, he played in midfield you weirdos.

Woodzy

Bizarre choice to make that sub when we looked like we could have scored with each attack. I don't understand Ole really, such a cowardly manager sometimes.

AFC NimbleThumb

In his near year in charge he has continued to mismanage games, players & situations whilst also showing no improvement in playing style or player performance.

Poch is the obvious alternative & I don’t think we could perform worse under him; he should go.

el3mel

How is bringing a CB on, 5 min until the end, with 4 forwards, a ACM in midfield and 2 teenagers on the field suddenly a mindbogling decision that no one understands and shows that the manager is out of his depth? What else was he supposed to do?

Bitching about the first 70 minutes is fine and understandable, but complaining about Tuanzebe's substitution is just dumb.
We were completely over them. They were pinned back and lost their legs. If we had kept on pressing we would have won by 4 goals at least.

But we shifted back to a defensive formation and gave them the momentum. We got punished. He was really a coward today.

Shame as I was planning to praise him fecking a lot for his second sub that turned on the game on, but that 3rd sub shows why he's an amateur manager in PL.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
How is bringing a CB on, 5 min until the end, with 4 forwards, a ACM in midfield and 2 teenagers on the field suddenly a mindbogling decision that no one understands and shows that the manager is out of his depth? What else was he supposed to do?

He could bring Mata instead of striker and try to keep the ball. With this kind of sub you just invite pressure and allow them to create at least one chance

Water Melon

The supreme idiocy of reverting back to the formation that was not working. Being a counter attacking team we should have killed it with the 4th, knowing that Sheffield had no choice but to open up. Clueless manager, totally Molde level, not an inch above.

Halftrack

If nothing else, these players have the right attitude, they keep fighting till the final whistle, never relenting. The equaliser is 100% on Ole losing his nerve and throwing a defender on instead of keeping the pressure on them.

Ainu

Because we were completely on top for the first time in the game with that system and looking like we could score more. Sheffield couldn't even touch the ball at that point. The change killed our momentum, gave Sheffield more initiative with the ball and let them back in the game. It was a monumentally shit decision.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Many many managers have and will make that same sub in the same circumstances.

El Zoido

You literally said you hope we drop and you can't wait for our next manager to fail, odd way of backing the team. I personally don't think we should sack Ole currently (especially after this fightback), albeit I'm not confident that he's the right man for the long term, but it's completely valid that people have either concerns or have lost faith in him given the results and performances, including the first 70 minutes today.
Yeah I’m just tired of seeing constant, neverending, relentless hatred from supposed Man Utd fans. The “Ole our” thread was the most active thread all week despite us not having played. I’m sick of it. Can we just get him gone and get a “top class” manager in so that next time we’re crap at least the haters have nothing to hang their hat on. I’m so tired of it.

Snafu17

We were completely over them. They were pinned back and lost their legs. If we had kept on pressing we would have won by 4 goals at least.

But we shifted back to a defensive formation and gave them the momentum. We got punished. He was really a coward today.

Shame as I was planning to praise him fecking a lot for his second sub that turned on the game on, but that 3rd sub shows why he's an amateur manager in PL.
Every single fecking manager would make that sub. All it takes is one long ball over the top and we would rely on the defensive prowess of a Lingard-Fred midfield to bail us out. Momentum would have changed anyway. We would inevitably sit back, every single team would, nevermind one with two 19 year olds in it. Players are humans, they don't have a pin the back/drop back switch.

It was a logical sub. Everyone is just pissed that we thrown the game away.

saivet

Many many managers have and will make that same sub in the same circumstances.
While this is true, given the context of the game, we looked like we were on the front foot and could have got a 4th. As soon as Tuanzabe came on, naturally we retreated and invited some pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.