Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TsuWave

So next year, now? What happened to “we’re struggling because of fitness. need a pre-season”? Now this season was just pre-game?

Alabaster Codify7

This coming from a man that has been in the job a year, is indefensible.
Essentially he's telling the fans the season is over, in December. Why then should any of them be paying to watch his side, when he and the club have thrown the towel in for yet another season?

So next year, now? What happened to “we’re struggling because of fitness. need a pre-season”? Now this season was just pre-game?

"We're struggling for fitness/need a pre-season" is to last season, what this admittance is to this season. He's buying time. He knows he's failing miserably and he's being exposed so he's moving the goalposts again. Our other managers did this too, most football managers do in general. That is all this bloke is, just another football manager who has done poorly at his job. He is not this manna from Old Trafford heaven that is going to lead us into the next era, he's a bust.

Greck

We'll win the next 4 and all the haters will crawl back into their little hole.

Then we'll drop points at Norwich and go on a losing run. And they'll crawl back out,

So goes the cycle.
Pretty sure the cycle has been the other way round since he came full time

Greck

He thinks we've forgotten. When he was swearing up and down it was just a fitness issue

Giggsyking

We'll win the next 4 and all the haters will crawl back into their little hole.

Then we'll drop points at Norwich and go on a losing run. And they'll crawl back out,

So goes the cycle.
He drops points more than he win, so to put it right, it is all the way around.
He drops points in 4 matches, all the Ole fan boys crawl back into their little hole. Then win a single game and they will crawl back out. So goes the cycle.

JK-27

The fans know the football isn't good enough. Ole has admitted Watford, the worse team in the league, were better than use during the last game. Today he said the team isn't as developed as it should be by now, and that this season is being used to find a squad for next season.

Moyes, LVG, Jose would never have been allowed to get away with saying any of these things, so why does Ole get support for admitting this season is a loss, and the team is not as good as it should be?

Ole out.

LucasXXII

Have we seen anything like this in the history of football? 2.33 PPG against the top teams, 0.92 PPG against the rest of the league.

From a general perspective, it's astonishing, what he did.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
I stand by my earlier comment. Worst United manager is my lifetime. Both on and off the field.

His results speaks for itself.

Ole don’t understand this club! Give up before Christmas?

Right now our club is imploding from the inside. Owners and a CEO who don’t understand football. A incompetent manager. Players without confidence. A split fan base who fight about the best way forward.

Changes needs to be done.

Cantona in disguise

Some of the things that people say about ole are ridiculous but he isnt helping himself with the things hes saying. He is a genuine bloke and quite clearly loves united.

I think it's best for him that Woodward pulls the trigger because I'm sick of reading the comments made about a club legend. I doubt Woodward will do anything that isnt in his own interests, another failed manager, no plan for the next, no director of football. Woodward is terrible at the footballing side of things how he is still in charge of it is beyond me.

The day the club put woodward just in charge of finances is the day we start to rebuild. Has to happen soon surely

Eddy_JukeZ

Imagine how utterly shambolic this season would be if we hadn’t gained those uncharacteristic points against the top 6?
We'd probably be floating just above the relegation zone.

It's incredible how disastrous this season has been, but the club seem okay with it.

Zero progression shown.

Madzik_92

I stand by my earlier comment. Worst United manager is my lifetime. Both on and off the field.

His results speaks for itself.

Ole don’t understand this club! Give up before Christmas?

Right now our club is imploding from the inside. Owners and a CEO who don’t understand football. A incompetent manager. Players without confidence. A split fan base who fight about the best way forward.

Changes needs to be done.
The changes will only happen IF the Saudis/other new owner buy United.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
On the one hand you’re thinking let Poch finish his sabbatical so he can take over in the summer, and “part ways” with Ole then so it’s a bit more dignified than a mid-season sacking. But then we could use him now, there’s still a lot to play for and a new manager bounce is always good.

I just feel like we’ve been in this position so many times before that it’s starting to feel a bit like Groundhog Day. Potential new boss is a free agent, so when is best to bring them in? If it’s the summer, does Poch need to ‘assess the squad for himself’ as we’ve heard over and over again? The more I think about it the more I think we just need to act quick to salvage something from this season. We aren’t winning the EL with Ole here.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
What? You predicted a defeat against a team that are only 20th in the fecking league because of our players... I've never seen so much drivel and delusion. You're as bad as Wumminator and I'm pretty sure he's actually a WUM account started by the mods.
Yes.
I think they'll be up for this and likely to beat us. They should have taken something from Anfield last week.
'Drivel and delusion', but right.

Enigma_87

You know who
Yes.

'Drivel and delusion', but right.
It's easy to get the excuses going before the game so you can blame it on the players.

Why those same players got results against City(away) and Spurs? Did you expect us to beat them at the time? Or they "weren't" up to it?

gajender

I have finally accepted that we have top 6 squad at best with some glaring imbalance but when you have some one who is barely good enough to manage premier league team at the helm with all due respect to Ole poor results which seem to be regular occurrence since the end of last season should not come as a surprise anymore.

Leftback99

It's easy to get the excuses going before the game so you can blame it on the players.

Why those same players got results against City(away) and Spurs? Did you expect us to beat them at the time? Or they "weren't" up to it?
I'm usually pretty confident at home if we have something resembling a full strength team. City result surprised me.

I was called deluded last season when predicting we'd finish 6th (after 2nd), deluded for predicting Leicester would challenge us for top 6 this season. I don't know maybe I'm not the deluded one.

zenith

Yup, six years of backing dumb transfer choices for different managers and being in and out of the champions league will take a toll on future revenue projections and thereby impact the current outlay.

Hopefully haaland news on transfer clause is true and we manage to get him on the cheap because we have a lot of transfer priorities and cave afford to spend too much on a second striker.

lRed

It's painful being here, I wish I didn't click on these topics everytime I read all the hate.
Do you guys realise how it divides people, us, fans ?

It's getting bad.

Enigma_87

You know who
I'm usually pretty confident at home if we have something resembling a full strength team. City result surprised me.

I was called deluded last season when predicting we'd finish 6th (after 2nd), deluded for predicting Leicester would challenge us for top 6 this season. I don't know maybe I'm not the deluded one.
So we should expect to lose every away game in the league, even with a full strength team? Because you know, Watford are the worst team in the league currently.

Leicester would definitely have been a challenge for top 4 or 6 if you like - many were predicting that before the season started.

Spurs and Arsenal are the two teams(apart from obviously us) that are under performing since the season started out of those with top 4/6 aspirations and both lost their managers.

Leftback99

So we should expect to lose every away game in the league, even with a full strength team? Because you know, Watford are the worst team in the league currently.

Leicester would definitely have been a challenge for top 4 or 6 if you like - many were predicting that before the season started.

Spurs and Arsenal are the two teams(apart from obviously us) that are under performing since the season started out of those with top 4/6 aspirations and both lost their managers.
Of course not. Teams that finish around 6th/7th usually win around 7/8 of their away games.

Watford have the lowest number of points after 18 games. It's not necessarily the same thing as the worst team in the league. Anyone who watched them the week before against Liverpool would have known not to expect an easy game.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Of course not. Teams that finish around 6th/7th usually win around 7/8 of their away games.

Watford have the lowest number of points after 18 games. It's not necessarily the same thing as the worst team in the league. Anyone who watched them the week before against Liverpool would have known not to expect an easy game.
We generally measure a team's quality by their position in the league table. There is a reason why we do that. Maybe not 5 games in, but half-way through the season, the quality or lack of begins to show.

Leftback99

We generally measure a team's quality by their position in the league table. There is a reason why we do that. Maybe not 5 games in, but half-way through the season, the quality or lack of begins to show.
So we're the 8th best team then. The reality is that the 8th best team will often fail to beat 20th away from home in the PL.

Gehrman

So we're the 8th best team then. The reality is that the 8th best team will often fail to beat 20th away from home in the PL.
Yeah and 18 months ago, we were the 2nd best team in the league and made an Fa Cup Final. Who's going to improve our overall quality?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Were the 8th best team because of a shite manager how on earth can you not grasp that?

Leftback99

Yeah and 18 months ago, we were the 2nd best team in the league and made an Fa Cup Final. Who's going to improve our overall quality?
A prime example of why you shouldn't base all your opinions of team quality around league position. We weren't the 2nd best team in the league. As we soon found out next season. Leicester won the league and finished 12th the season after.

Gehrman

A prime example of why you shouldn't base all your opinions of team quality around league position. We weren't the 2nd best team in the league. As we soon found out next season. Leicester won the league and finished 12th the season after.
Alright then. Watford must have a better GK, better defenders, better midfielders and better strikers than we have since we can't expect to beat even not lose to the 20th placed team in the league.

Leicester also lost Kante and Mahrez, because they are not big club who can hold on to their best players. Just like Liverpool quickly lost Suarez and Sterling after they nearly won the league.

Leicesters season was a freak season. no doubt, but they were the best in the league that year.

Ole came in and said we had a great squad. Now he's saying its all shit and we'll have to wait to next season to do anything about it.

Our squad isn't amazing, but I don't see why Ole is qualified to take us forward. Once he's sacked no other big club in the world will want him just as Moyes.

Leftback99

Alright then. Watford must have a better GK, better defenders, better midfielders and better strikers than we have since we can't expect to beat even not lose to the 20th placed team in the league.

Leicester also lost Kante and Mahrez, because they are not big club who can hold on to their best players. Just like Liverpool quickly lost Suarez and Sterling after they nearly won the league.

Leicesters season was a freak season. no doubt, but they were the best in the league that year.

Ole came in and said we had a great squad. Now he's saying its all shit and we'll have to wait to next season to do anything about it.

Our squad isn't amazing, but I don't see why Ole is qualified to take us forward. Once he's sacked no other big club in the world will want him just as Moyes.
PL football doesn't work in one off games by deciding beforehand who has the best players and saying they should win the game. Who was the better GK on the day? (clue, it wasn't De Gea), Watford have midfielders that would start for us, Deulefeu on his day is as good as anything we have. This isn't a team with Rooney and Ronaldo anymore, even then we'd still have games we'd lose to relegation candidates.

Leicester only lost Kante that season. 2nd for us was a one off compared to every other season since SAF. Our average finish is 5th, this is the worst squad we've had in that time.

Yakuza_devils

'this season will be used to find a team and a squad for next season'?

How about Europa League to get us into Champions league? How about FA Cup?

No fight in him at all!

This is not acceptable as man utd manager. He only said this to buy himself time to stay in the job.

Enigma_87

You know who

We lost points to Villa, Everton, Palace, West Ham, Soton, etc. Home and away. One of them could easily be qualified as the worst in the league so you have plenty of options besides Watford.

Cathy Ferguson

It will be interesting to see if the return of Pogba can turn things around. Lack of creativity and goals from midfield are two of our major issues, and Pogba is good at both. It must now be obvious to everyone that our fullbacks and our midfield wo Pogba offer very few goals and almost no creativity which explain why we fail to beat teams like Bmouth, Watford and Newcastle.

croadyman

Yeah Ole saying that the team is further behind the process than he had hoped doesn't fill the fanbase with much confidence and does make you think he is more worried about the current situation than he is letting on.

I don't think he is the right person for the job but best to accept that he is the protective shield between us and the board and Woody doesn't want his own failings exposing even further.

The worrying thing is what happens when we start dropping points in the top six games which will inevitably happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.