Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
It will now take time to rebuild the squad left from the mish mash of manager philosophies that have gone before and, imo, Ole has made a good start on that aspect.
Every team is "rebuilding" their squad.
When Jose first came in, I think he bought 4 players and then the following season, we got 2-3 more.
I would define that number of players as "rebuilding".

When LVG came in, he also bought plenty of players. Again, he was "rebuilding".

Most other clubs are also buying players. LFC, who are top of the league bought a Japanese player within the last couple of months.
Last Summer LFC didn't do much in the market, but the previous Summer, they bought 4 players.

Real Madrid are also rebuilding. They are currently joint top of their league table.

What I'm trying to say that is that most clubs are spending money and "rebuilding". The difference is that only Ole uses this as an excuse for failure.
When a manager uses this excuse, it irritates me, but for me, the worst is when fans believe this nonsense.

What is actually happening is that we are on a budget (fair enough) and Ole is the best man to tell the fans that we won't spend big money (for some silly made up reason). Also don't forget that a big name manager will demand funding for transfers. Ole, will quite happily accept the MUFC job, with a budget of £0.

He is a League One level manager and somehow he has landed this job with MUFC. I'm not surprised he is smiling all the time (unless of course, he gets called out by RvP).

Wolfmother

Supports
Man Utd
You google’d Wales Online paper. Bravo to you. That’s the dangerous thing about google, I can do a few searches and go on nuclear physics forum and imply that I’m well versed in nuclear physics .
Google WOL and see if Steve Tucker pops up! :lol: One thing we ALL can agree on, you are no rocket scientist. But Google all you want :yawn:
Have a good day kid :yawn:

Edit: I think we have established what kind of poster you are :)

Last edited:

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Google WOL and see if Steve Tucker pops up! :lol: One thing we ALL can agree on, you are no rocket scientist. But Google all you want :yawn:
Have a good day kid :yawn:
That’s precisely what you did. You also googled Abanndonato... from that you got a picture of his work and colleagues etc and then mentioned Tucker, Podcast etc to imply you genuine knowledge.

Or maybe I’m wrong. Maybe you became aware of Wales online, the podcast, Abanndonato, and followed the podcast from when Ole became manager of Cardiff. And now Ole is at United you’re here to spread your Ole obsession with us. Because while inaccurate your comment about “fans quotes” shows that you obviously hold fans of FOOTBALL TEAMS in low regard... sorry all this time I thought you was a Man Utd fan... now I realise your an Ole FC fan... tomorrow when his managing some none league team in the artic circle you’ll have the privilege of talking to yourself on their none existence fan forum. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Gasolin

That’s precisely what you did. You also googled Abanndonato... from that you got a picture of his work and colleagues etc and then mentioned Tucker, Podcast etc to imply you genuine knowledge.

Or maybe I’m wrong. Maybe you became aware of Wales online, the podcast, Abanndonato, and followed the podcast from when Ole became manager of Cardiff. And now Ole is at United you’re here to spread your Ole obsession with us. Because while inaccurate your comment about “fans quotes” shows that you obviously hold fans of FOOTBALL TEAMS in low regard... sorry all this time I thought you was a Man Utd fan... now I realise your an Ole FC fan... tomorrow when his managing some none league team in the artic circle you’ll have the privilege of talking to yourself on their none existence fan forum. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Why be disrespectful like that to another person on an internet forum about a football club, albeit fantastic?!?

Though I do agree that when you google "Wales Online Abbandonato", there is one link with Tucker that shows up, and it's his book.

Andersonson

When Jose first came in, I think he bought 4 players and then the following season, we got 2-3 more.

Most other clubs are also buying players. LFC, who are top of the league bought a Japanese player within the last couple of months.
Last Summer LFC didn't do much in the market, but the previous Summer, they bought 4 players.

Real Madrid are also rebuilding. They are currently joint top of their league table.

What I'm trying to say that is that most clubs are spending money and "rebuilding". The difference is that only Ole uses this as an excuse for failure.
When a manager uses this excuse, it irritates me, but for me, the worst is when fans believe this nonsense.

What is actually happening is that we are on a budget (fair enough) and Ole is the best man to tell the fans that we won't spend big money (for some silly made up reason). Also don't forget that a big name manager will demand funding for transfers. Ole, will quite happily accept the MUFC job, with a budget of £0.

He is a League One level manager and somehow he has landed this job with MUFC. I'm not surprised he is smiling all the time (unless of course, he gets called out by RvP).

So this manager is at fault for 3 previous signings?

You dont see the signs of players progressing under the current manager?

Real Madrid lost Ronaldo, but still have Kroos, Casemiro, Ramos, Varane, Benzema and Bale. What did we have? They got a core of players that are top class, we had none. But atleast Ole has turned some players into one, like Rashford.

Same can be said about Liverpool, they had a core of players that were really good. We had a squad of previous failures that we cant even offload.

How you can blame the current sitting manager for that is beyond me.

This season we're actually seeing signs of players improving. If we add to that with signings that actually perform, it aint looking bad at all.

Handré1990

The problem we have is that even the positives are spun to be negatives under Ole. A lot of our players are playing quite a bit better than they did previously.

• Rashford has gone up a level. He is now in the group of top strikers in this league. Europe even.
  • McTominay has vastly improved
  • Fred has gone from a collossal waste of money to a player that we can rely on
  • Martial is scoring and assisting and has a smile on his face
  • Greenwood and Williams are emerging and have been handled excellently
All of these things are real positives for this club, whatever happens. These positives have all happened under our current coaching staff, and there is no guarantee that any of this would have happened under different managers, but instead of giving any credit for this there are comments made that suggest they would be even better under a better coach. That we are actually hurting these players.

There is no doubt that I have been excessive in my defence of this mgmt sometimes, often because I'm so offended by the unfair and extreme criticism that they receive. I almost feel compelled to be a counter argument just to maintain some balance on here.

Any poster that was sensible enough to claim "there have been quite a few positives in the last 12 months, but I'm concerned that Ole hasn't shown enough tactical acumen to take us all the way" wouldn't be offensive. I could understand someone having that point of view.

This place has just been vicious though. Over the top. Every thread hijacked by it, and posters that have the nerve to still back this group and are willing to be patient are openly insulted. "Deluded" "a cult" "obvious WUMs" "brainwashed by Woodward" etc etc etc etc. Its created a massive divide that didn't need to be there.

The majority of the backers are here after every result. Keeping the faith, looking for positives. We always show up no matter what. It's not the same with everybody though. The post match threads after a good win are empty. People cant even bring themselves to congratulate the team or praise a player for playing well. They cant allow themselves to just enjoy it.

Beat Norwich - they are shit. Beat City away and Spurs - we can only play one way, a failure of the coaching staff. Beat Chelsea 4-0 - what about those chances they missed though. It was a lucky win. We were 5 minutes away from beating Liverpool. Zero credit for that. Never mentioned.

Lose to City however, and it's complete outrage. If as expected we lose to Liverpool, it will be the same. There is no perspective or balance to any of this. If we refuse praise because we are expected to beat Norwich, then the criticism should be equally muted because we are expected to lose to Liverpool or City right now. It wont be though. It's ironic that the people who call others deluded are themselves deluded enough to think that this squad is on that level right now.

The point of this post is to call for balance on here. If you are big enough to criticise then be big enough to call out a positive when you see it too. You can be Ole out and still be able to do that, and you can be Ole in and still criticise a performance.
I just saw this now. I’m pretty sure Ole isn’t the man to take us to where we want to be, however your point about feeling compelled to bring some balance resonates with me. I think I voted sack in October but have spent most of my time in the football forum ridiculing the extreme venom thrown at a United legend, and that unhealthy divide of «if you back Ole then you don’t back United» and similar sentiments. Says everything really. I feel uncomfortable sharing a position with these posters. Sadly it means spending less and less time in the football forum. Luckily there’s a lot of interesting topics and discussions in the other forums.

Good post mr Baggins, and I understand exactly what you mean.

matt10000

If you cant see what has happened to our squad over the last six years and what Ole is doing about it then unfortunately, I am sorry to say, there is little hope for you

Son

Real Madrid are barely good enough for top 4 in the Premier League the way they perform. They have it easy as do Barcelona year in year out. Even when they perform poorly they never get punished.

Gasolin

Usual suspects nowhere to be seen in this thread tonight.
They will be flying in after the Liverpool game. God forbid if we beat them somehow at Anfield... well no, they will say we are game raisers.

Gasolin

Beating Wolves and Norwich at OT deserves another season in charge. And if we beat Burnley maybe even new contract
I thought that was the problem, since we can beat Chelsea, City, Spurs, and draw against Liverpool by missing the win by 5mn due to a stupid individual mistake? Isn't it good that we start addressing the problem of the consistency in the victory?

Giggsyking

Cant wait to see him out of the club. We are a big club who deserves a proper manager.

LJJT

Deserves credit today I know it wasn’t amazing but we played well in phases against a good team. Good subs and great decision keeping mata on.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
It was a dreadful game, to be completely honest but we won and, that too, against an opponent who are annoying to play against. Still don't see us going anywhere under him as we aren't going anywhere in terms of progress. His shit coaching was the reason we had to put on our best player who is now injured.

Foxbatt

I didn't see the match. How was it? All I know is that we won which in itself is a positive.

Giggsyking

Beating Wolves and Norwich at OT deserves another season in charge. And if we beat Burnley maybe even new contract
Liverpool fans, city, Chelsea etc, all pray that this mediocre manager stay at the club, that alone tells you what you need to know about him.

el3mel

I feel for those who are forcing themselves to believe the football we're playing is good enough to watch. Must be a tough job.

cj_sparky

Usual suspects nowhere to be seen in this thread tonight.
Maybe they fell asleep after watching another bore fest of a football match, bless em.

LvG's football was dire, Ole's is well up there..... :boring:

meamth

I didn't see the match. How was it? All I know is that we won which in itself is a positive.
Tiring performance from both teams.

We had that extra bit of quality to create a sensational finish.

A bit of a daft decision to play Rashford and he is injured now.

Ole tactics and team selection is good enough for today.

Overall, decent performance.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I feel for those who are forcing themselves to believe the football we're playing is good enough to watch. Must be a tough job.
Why are you so worried about other people. Why is it so important that everyone has to agree with you?

Giggsyking

We won, that is the only positive, otherwise everything else is negative. Shit football, defending home against a midtable team, injury to our best player in the team because the manager played him despite the fact Rashford already had an injury.

Inter Yer Nan

He's not the long term fix and a couple wins doesn't change that. I stand the same as I did at the start of the season. He should be manager until May and then we've got to go all in for Pochettino. I think that is what will happen too. Ole staying in a way has helped stabilize and develop some of the youth and it's also given some of the players we have been unsure about a run due to lack of squad quality. For example it's been proven Fred is worth keeping around and Lingard should be given away and Rashford finally looks to be gaining some consistency.

Heinzesight

Quite a few posters probably sharpening their keyboards tonight pre-match but they couldn’t help but post even though we’re through.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Cant wait to see him out of the club. We are a big club who deserves a proper manager.
It was a dreadful game, to be completely honest but we won and, that too, against an opponent who are annoying to play against. Still don't see us going anywhere under him as we aren't going anywhere in terms of progress. His shit coaching was the reason we had to put on our best player who is now injured.
Liverpool fans, city, Chelsea etc, all pray that this mediocre manager stay at the club, that alone tells you what you need to know about him.
Yep, still here. Still want Ole gone. Ta.
Maybe they fell asleep after watching another bore fest of a football match, bless em.

You all seem like top lads, really intelligent.

Paul_Scholes18

Some improvements regarding breaking teams down that defend deep. Still don't think he is good enough in the long run to take us to the next level.
Hopefully the improvements can give us something this season.
Europa league might be our best bet even if the FA cup in theory should be equally easy to win. Although in Europe there is no Man City to beat though.

meamth

Really?

LVG's football was the only time i legit fell asleep.

Ole is far from it. You're just taking a piss in a midweek game. The players are knackered, don't expect them to play in high intensity every game.

el3mel

Why are you so worried about other people. Why is it so important that everyone has to agree with you?
Who said that ? I just feel for them forcing themselves to like this crap. The opinions themselves though, don't matter.

Gasolin

Were they saying that when he had 10+ wins straight? Stop worrying about the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.