Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban

Liverpool owner are shit and stingy until they hire Klopp
Tottenham Levy... are stingy and shit, until he hire Poch
Even Glazers, weren't so bad when we had SAF

All the owner does is provide cash, and stay out of football, hire the right person. We persist in wantingto remove the owner while persisting with the bad manager.
Glazers weren't bad when we had SAF? Are you sure? Do you remember how after Ronaldo and Tevez left we bought Valencia, al due respect to him.
Glazers stay out of football but Ed unfortunately does not.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Glazers weren't bad when we had SAF? Are you sure? Do you remember how after Ronaldo and Tevez left we bought Valencia, al due respect to him.
We win alot don't we?

My point you can win with Glazers, if you have the right manager.

We keep on hearing Ole or anyone else can't do better under this owner, which is wrong.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Liverpool owner are shit and stingy until they hire Klopp
Tottenham Levy... are stingy and shit, until he hire Poch
Even Glazers, weren't so bad when we had SAF

All the owner does is provide cash, and stay out of football, hire the right person. We persist in wantingto remove the owner while persisting with the bad manager.
Seems pretty simple to me.

I love Ole as much as any fan on here but he’s had more than a fair chance. He was lucky to be given the job in the first place with his cv but he’s had 12 months now and we’re in pretty bad shape.

Some of that is on Ole. How much we may never know but while he may be a good face for the clubs owners he sure isn’t a top drawer manager.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
It is really silly to repeat the same thing after every game but why not?
I don't agree with this "long term plan" because i do think that biggest clubs must have some kind of long term plans but short term plans( current season) must always be main focus. You can build a squad which will be title challenger in two years but not on way to sacrifice results completely. CL spot must be minimum in short term planning.
Also while you are doing that long term plan you must have progress on the pitch. After 12 months in charge it is totally unacceptable that you play 50-50 games with low table and midtable clubs. Nobody demanded from Ole to challenge for title but winning against weaker clubs and having good general play should have been a bare minimum.

And how the hell some people can't understand that we still have far far better squad than at least 10-12 clubs in league. Basically on every position. So that excuse of having shit team is really boring. Do Watford, Newcastle or Burnley have any player who would walk in our starting 11( except Longstaff :lol: )? No, they don't. Our backup players would be their starters ffs.

Ole is totally out of depth and it is obvious for everyone that he must go. And not to mention that he was backed more than any other manager since Fergie. He had 100% control on transfer market. Ed sold players that Ole didn't want and bought to him exact players that he wanted. Maybe Ole wanted one or two more players but no manager in the bloody world doesn't get all players. He had better conditions to work than Jose, Moyes and Lvg.

AneRu

We can't change the owners but we have won and broken world record fees with these owners. What this tells me is that we just need someone who is more effective in the transfer market and a coach who can mould a team.

My solution would be:
1. Bring in a DOF and relegate Woodward and Judge from any form of transfer related duties.

2. Sack Ole and start headhunting for a good coach whilst the DOF is laying the groundwork for the summer recruitment.

3. Instead of spending a large fee on one player focus on players within the £35m - £50m range that have room to grow. Players like Olmo, Ziyech and supplement that with youth and existing players.

The team we have right now just needs about four well thought out additions to be competitive. Get in a DM, AM, RW and striker. In defense we need to get rid of Rojo, Jones and bring back Smalling to start with Maguire.

kps88

We're doing as expected really. Looking at our squad, everyone knew top four was going to be a tough ask at the start of the season. We're still somehow in the race despite a paper thin squad full of youngsters and all the injuries. We have to be humble enough to accept a top four challenge is our level at the moment and no amount of ambition or big talk is going to change that anytime soon.

Judas

Open to offers
As much as we can so obviously do better than Ole in charge, he's been let down just like the man before him by not being backed when it counts. He's been setup to fail this month, and I presume its because the faith in him has gone and his days are numbered, if not it makes feck all sense.

Treble

Ole's biggest mistake is taking the cups too seriously.

You trim the squad to bare minimums and then try to go in the cups as far as possible risking injuries and fatigue. Doesn't make any sense.

Take seriously only the PL and EL as both competiitons are routes to the CL and participating in the CL is vital for the club to stay among the richest in the world. Learn from Klopp who opted out of the cups last season and had success.

Zed 101

I am not given to conspiracy theories and given Woodwards history of pizz poor player transfers I am probably reading too much into nothing, but part of me feels that when Poch became available Woodward and above became more than happy to see Ole flounder, Poch is on a retainer right now, Woodward is hoping Ole tanks it so that he can bring Poch in for the summer.... another reason why cash aint being spent now, when it is needed.... more money for the next guy

Ekeke

So Ole has said we're going to have more of a clear out now we've lost 2 home games... The thing is, I wonder what he means because some of our higher rated players were among the worst performers in those games. For example Jones had a stormer while Maguire struggled. So is Maguire getting cleared out? Martial struggled but is one of our more talented attackers and overall one of our better performers in attack. So is he getting cleared out because he didnt perform well in losses at home?

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
How can anyone still finding excuses for Ole...

His catch phrase after our games is always that wasnt good enough. Game after game

Ban

We win alot don't we?

My point you can win with Glazers, if you have the right manager.

We keep on hearing Ole or anyone else can't do better under this owner, which is wrong.
So you think just the manager is the problem?

OverratedOpinion

feck Phil Neville. He was a pioneer on our road to shitness and mediocrity. He's probably jealous he never played with this team, he'd probably fancy himself as Roy Cantona amongst these average players.
I'm still convinced that Phil is secretly Kieran Mckenna's dad and just worried his son will be out of a job if we get a new manager.

Roboc7

This club is done we are going to be shit for a long time, owners are here to stay and so is Woodward. But. Any ignore Ole is probably worst manager in the league and we can get someone better, having a poor manager on top of everything else make no sense.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
As much as we can so obviously do better than Ole in charge, he's been let down just like the man before him by not being backed when it counts. He's been setup to fail this month, and I presume its because the faith in him has gone and his days are numbered, if not it makes feck all sense.
Agreed man.

So you think just the manager is the problem?
Some do mate, Ole isn’t good enough but serious change is required above him too.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I just heard him say he couldn't fault the players, they "gave all they've got".

That means one of two things, he's clearly saying they aren't good enough, which i doubt he's saying, or that they have reached their peak as a team, which leaves me believing he's completely the wrong man for the job.

KekiZeki

Saw that, disgraceful comments really.
Phil is not one of us anymore, but what if he is right?

Looking at the team yesterday yes they should beat Burnley but it's not that surprising not to beat them. We rely on Martial for goals when he always has a miss in him, midfield is poor and defense is left exposed a lot + de Gea.. I love him but what's going on with him?

KekiZeki

I just heard him say he couldn't fault the players, they "gave all they've got".

That means one of two things, he's clearly saying they aren't good enough, which i doubt he's saying, or that they have reached their peak as a team, which leaves me believing he's completely the wrong man for the job.

They aren't good enough.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
It was funny, yet again there was no phone in after the game on MUTV. Surprise! Suprise! However I think this window will say a lot, if they do not give Ole players, we are all well and truly fecked. If they do and nothing changes, Ole is well and truly fecked.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Anyone with sense knew in August this was how our season was likely to go. We just had no real hope of success with this squad.
Agreed. I usually take a complete hiatus from football during the summer because i cant stand muppet season, but when i looked at our squad in August i knew it was going to be rough. Losing Herrera, then Pogba to injury and not replacing Lukaku has killed us

KekiZeki

Agreed. I usually take a complete hiatus from football during the summer because i cant stand muppet season, but when i looked at our squad in August i knew it was going to be rough. Losing Herrera, then Pogba to injury and not replacing Lukaku has killed us
Haaland should have been it. We wanted him too but right now Dortmund seemed a more exciting option.

Galinha

Ole is a horrible tactical manager. We have seen it multiple times now. Was it really necessary to play Matic and Fred on the same time against this Burnley team. Matic nearly ended the match with most touches on the ball. No wonder why we played so slow...

AmanNits04

I don't know what to say, our team is not just a mid level team, mid level manager and mid level players without consistency

Dr. StrangeHate

No other top club in Europe would tolerate this.

If we don't react to this we can no longer ever call ourselves a top club.

And I don't mean top as in pure results. I mean top as in aspirations and financial clout.
That ship sailed a year back.

Status
Not open for further replies.