Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Erm, you’re in dreamland if you really think that. A real manager in that situation forces his instructions on the team (which should have been Mata taking the FK).

Also in case you haven’t noticed Mata was fuming that he wasn’t taking it so there was no “discussion” as you’ve put it.

Still no rationale. Waiting.
I don't really have to give any reasons all the while you keep making things up.

Backrow Singer

Greenwood-Martial-Lingard VS Mahrez-Aguero-Sterling
Fred-Matic-Williams VS De Bruyne- Gundogan- Silva

Just like at those names. We actually won being incredible inferior player for player. But the manager is a tactical disaster.
There are positives I agree but I don’t think we need to be cringeworthy though either, City knew that they didn’t need to win the game tonight. I also went to the first leg where we were utterly embarrassed first half and watched us lose 2-0 to Burnley last week, so it’s all relative. We aren’t a mid table club just yet so I think we should keep some standards and perspective. We’re out of the competition and that’s disappointing for me.

But the reality is, he’s here until the end of the season at least so I don’t see the point in the whole rollercoaster of opinions that change each week. Consistency is the key so let’s get behind him see how we go.

Last edited:

NYAS

I don't really have to give any reasons all the while you keep making things up.
:lol: I think you need to put your glasses on and watch that incident instead of accusing me of making things up.

Jericholyte2

Beat Pep twice, at their place, inside of 6wks.

Also like the extra bite he showed, both on the sidelines going after the defence and also post-match actually having a go like he should.

Fts 74

Some perspective is needed here.

Seems no matter what ole has done/will do will never be enough.

He might not be the man to take us back to the very top in fact I personally don't think he is but given what he's got atm, he's doing pretty well.

Yes, we were lucky to win tonight but to beat City twice at their place in 6 weeks takes a bit of doing, it shows that these players are playing for him that's huge.

I could go on but there's no point he's our manager I just wish I few more of you could get behind him.

Denis79

I've been very critical of Ole but today he got it spot on, good performance and I liked seeing him show some emotion.

SteveW

Has a line up featuring 3 fullbacks, Matic, Lingard, an 18 year old forward, a player with 1 year in the championship, a 19 year old fullback with no prior first team experience, 3 keys players out injured and people are complaining that we only beat City 1-0 away from home?

Come back down to reality.
This place is gone. I'm spending less and less time on here. Half the caf seem completely out of touch with reality.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I'm still fully behind Ole.

Those who want him out can do one.

At the very least he's going to make the next manager's job a lot easier and at best I think he's going to build a decent side we will enjoy watching over the next couple of seasons.

Nobody can surely deny that the players are playing for him?

predator

Youth NITK
I must admit I am liking what I am seeing lately despite the lack of consistency. The thing is though I find myself so happy when we play well and so disappointed when we dont so it brings out the extremes in me. Ultimately I want Ole to succeed.

If only he was lucky in the injury department then we would likely be a higher up in the table and in the final of the league cup and his reputation would be much higher amongst united fans.

Backrow Singer

Has a line up featuring 3 fullbacks, Matic, Lingard, an 18 year old forward, a player with 1 year in the championship, a 19 year old fullback with no prior first team experience, 3 keys players out injured and people are complaining that we only beat City 1-0 away from home?

Come back down to reality.
I think people are disappointed that we conceded 3 goals in the first leg and that we are out of the competition. It hurts that we aren’t in the next round, I wanted us to go through. There are positives in the performance and I’m sure they’ll be reflected on eventually but ultimately people are going to be disappointed that we’re out of the competition. I think it’s a positive thing that we’ve still got those standards and we need to keep hold of them. Obviously perspective is important but we should always be disappointed when we’re knocked out of something.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Some perspective is needed here.

Seems no matter what ole has done/will do will never be enough.

He might not be the man to take us back to the very top in fact I personally don't think he is but given what he's got atm, he's doing pretty well.

Yes, we were lucky to win tonight but to beat City twice at their place in 6 weeks takes a bit of doing, it shows that these players are playing for him that's huge.

I could go on but there's no point he's our manager I just wish I few more of you could get behind him.
A good, balanced post. This tie was already lost before tonight. If we'd lost it would have been vicious on here. We actually managed to nick a win and still everyone looks for reasons to complain.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
This place is gone. I'm spending less and less time on here. Half the caf seem completely out of touch with reality.
Agree. Its noticeable that the people who have been trying to stay positive on here over the last few months are posting less and less. The negative mob are ruining it for everyone else, but try to point that out and it falls on deaf ears

podurban2

Almost everything was great tonight. Matic shouldn’t have received the first yellow. However, the lack of tactical nouse to not give Mata that free kick was exceptionally poor from Ole, coaches, and players on the field (Maguire, step up ffs).

Paul_Scholes18

People will find anything to moan about.

Enjoy the bloody win.
What? We lost today.
It is the same as celebrating winning the second half in games.

We played alright, but also didn't deserve to knock them out. Thus there is not much won with the performance beyond showing fight and working hard.

Still hurt to get knocked out, but since I didn't expect us to win after the first leg it hurt less.

Red00012

I find It easier to ignore the tribe on here
I used to reply to it but it just made me worse. Read the 1st lines and move on to next comment.

Try it .

el3mel

People will find anything to moan about.

Enjoy the bloody win.
This isn't a league game. We are out of the competition so nothing to enjoy about.

However yeah nothing to complain about tonight. That was the best we could have done so just roll on to the next league game.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I think people are disappointed that we conceded 3 goals in the first leg and that we are out of the competition. It hurts that we aren’t in the next round, I wanted us to go through. There are positives in the performance and I’m sure they’ll be reflected on eventually but ultimately people are going to be disappointed that we’re out of the competition. I think it’s a positive thing that we’ve still got those standards and we need to keep hold of them. Obviously perspective is important but we should always be disappointed when we’re knocked out of something.
We win a 2 legged tie against this City side maybe 2 or 3 times out of 10 at best right now. Really these were 2 matches that we could have done without in terms of our overall goal for the season, and this upcoming break has arrived at a moment where we desperately need it.

Agree that we need to keep our standards. That is a good point, and its healthy to do so as long as its channelled in the right way. Too many posters here just losing their shit at every conceivable situation.

thepolice123

People actually critisizing Oles tactical ability over a close to perfect tactical performance against one of the worlds best teams, not realising we have three key players injured :wenger:
How was that close to a perfect tactical performance. The scoreline flattered to deceive. On another day City could have won by 3 goals.

bondsname

We didn't progress in the cup so in my opinion it isn't really a win.

Either way, we did well. City's squad is much better than ours, we have injuries to key players, and Pep has had more time to build his team than Ole has, and we are walking away from this not humiliated.

Credit to Ole.

Paul_Scholes18

How was that close to a perfect tactical performance. The scoreline flattered to deceive. On another day City could have won by 3 goals.
Yeah it wasn't amazing since we needed to get 2 goals. It was similar to the PSG one. Defend like crazy and hope we can get some goals out of nothing.
Not sure we had it in us with the team we got to play attacking football though.

NYAS

Ole said Mata told him Fred scored 6 or 7 in training yesterday and they felt Fred was due one. Don't ask for logic. Sport is 90% instinct.

I thought we did ok given how poor three of our players were. We basically played with 8 men for the longest time. Besides, we actually won.
“Instinct”? “Felt”? This isn’t a date or a relationship.

Ole said that he let the players decide, which shouldn’t happen in these circumstances.

There’s also no way Mata agreed that Fred should take it. Watch his reactions.

Finally, if a player is “due one” it certainly shouldn’t be in the last fecking minutes of a semi-final 2nd leg where one more goal takes us to penalties.

SER19

If we get fernandes in and doing well, and mctominay back with pogbatelli playing for his transfer I think we can give the europa a good shot. Ole can win big games.

For the most part he's building a team of players you can like and get behind and I'm enjoying supporting them, if not always enjoying the football. The rashford injury is disastrous for him as with fernandes it could have been a strong second half of season.

If we wins a cup or 4th he should get another summer window and season in my opinion

L1nk

City basically the masters of their own downfall with sloppy passes and guilty of trying to walk it into the net half the time, not to mention they basically dominated us for 80% for the game. We had barely a sniff of a chance bar 2 free kicks, one that found its way to Matic fortunately and the other Fred had no business taking when Mata has scored many a free kick from that exact area and people are saying "Tactical masterclass" :lol: :lol:

I just really can't, we did "well" in the sense that we got a 1-0 win yes, but in the grand scheme of things we played like a team that had the tie all sewn up and City were playing like the team that were chasing the tie, we were knocked out for those saying oh well we won 1-0 that's good :)

DeeDee7

Ahhh here we go, a Top Red here to bring me back down to earth and claim that me, such an inferior fan that's just a sheeple following the "narrative" would be better off supporting Liverpool because he doesn't want the likes of me supporting his beloved Manchester United.

Hear that everyone? You all have to swallow the shit you are fed because god forbid we sack an underachieving manager, damn, we wouldn't wanna step down off our pedestal and become one of those clubs now would we, you all have no metal, who cares about credentials or evidence, you just have to believe and give any manager x amount of years to do whatever they want, they may come good! Who knows! They've achieved nothing? Got a team relegated? Nearly got them relegated again? Previous team became vastly better after he left? Absolutely no other big club would touch him with a 10 foot barge pole? Who cares! He used to play for us and as we all know nostalgia and romanticism is the only way in which Manchester United can be run successfully, this is why the other managers were no good and why Ole will succeed.

Facts -

We are 5th, yes, but we are closer in points total to the position of 14th, than we are 4th. One poor weekend could sink us down multiple places, hell you can't even argue we are out of complete relegation danger yet, being only 11 points from safety. Next league results go against us and we could drop to 9th.

Solksjaer has only won 34% of his matches, worse than any Manchester United manager in Premier League history.

Solksjaer's career as a manager is abysmal, and if he wasn't a legend in his own right for us, as a player, we would have never hired him, he relegated Cardiff, he nearly had them relegated in the Championship, Molde has been a better team since his departure, I mean I could go on, no other big team would hire him. None.

Okay, let's say then that our win against City was a tactical masterstroke, it would still make Pep better no? Because in the rematch a short time after, as I said, he adjusted and they rinsed us the entire game and toyed with us, Ole had zero answer because he could not adjust tactically to what City had done, so how does this show his tactical prowess in a good light?

Are you actually watching us this season? A 34% win rate. 34%. Good, we're getting better at beating minnows, we're in contention for 4th, but as my above point notes, we're actually close to 14th so... The odds of us going to 14th over 4th is actually better, it's a sad indictment of the league this season rather than how amazing Solskjaer is.

A clear counter attacking style :lol:, I think what you meant to say was, it's all we can do because he has zero idea how to implement any kind of attacking structure to our play.

Don't worry DeeDee, I know you're only attacking me because you are living in a nostalgic past, you are thinking we are the superior Manchester United that gives managers time, look at Sir Alex! you'll crow, without realising Ole isn't Sir Alex, never has been and never will be no matter how many years or players you throw at him, give him time! Just because! We are superior to every other football club because they sack managers when they know it isn't working or there are better options, those guys are scum! I want 1 man running the entire operation and he's going to be with us for 30 years!

You say I'm a crybaby, how about moving on with your life and realising the era of Sir Alex Ferguson, and the era of football from that period is gone, it's never coming back, these days the modern successful clubs are run mostly by DOF's and modern managers/coaches that are actually good. As much as you want him to be Solskjaer is not Sir Alex, stop coming at me with give him time give him time based on mythical shite and give me some solid hard evidence why he should be given time other than he "gets the club" because you think the club is a special mythical creature that can only be successful when it's in the hands of someone who "understands" the club and "gets it" just because we had an amazing manager in Sir Alex all those years ago.

Solskjaer is way out of his depth, everyone and their Nan can see it, why can't you?
Haha just saw this shite. Look man good on you. You cherry pick information, whilst ignoring the context and situation. You hang onto the idea people actually have an affiliation with Ole just because hes a former player taking us back to the "good ole days", when if anything you are still acting like we are the top dogs, with the squad, backroom staff and pulling power of yesteryear. And that simply credentials of a new manager are going to solve things.

One or two 3 point turnarounds and we don't even have this conversation. Yes, in some cases that's just 2 goals scored and we are "closer to the top 4". If there was dressing room unrest, then yes Ole out. But no, Ole is doing well with what he has and we can judge him when he can make some inroads in the market. Otherwise there is currently no clear cut manager available who you can say does better with this exact squad and scenario.

And yes you are a cry baby. New toys when your over the last one.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
City maybe did deserve a win tonight on the balance of play but then you could say the same for us against Burnley last week. I'm not sure you can use both games to criticise the manager.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Do we use that same argument when we lose a game where we peppered the opposition net? No? Then lets not do it when we win either.

Status
Not open for further replies.