Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrustInOle

Neither insisting on a manager that is obviously not suitable for the PL. We're 6 months into the season, and we're not showcasing a coherent style of play.
On top of that, there is a huge mismanagement of the roster, that has seen key players with injuries that could be avoided, and young talents disillusioned and looking to leave the club because they can't get minutes over Pereira, no matter how shit he plays. I can't throw the blame for these things on the board or Ed.
Yet these things constantly happened under previous management? Ole might not be the right man, might be far from it, but we will get nowhere under stewardship that care more about their own pockets than the actual club.

Again, because you, and others, seem to short sighted to understand my point i shall elaborate again! I have not said Ole is the right man to take us forward, I have quite clearly said their are other problems the club currently have that fans would rather aim their anger at Ole, who again I have not said is the right man, than try and make a change their. Sack Ole if it makes you feel better, but don't moan when you realise a new manager won't change much and they are under the same shit that is currently ruining the club.

And again, i shall point out, when have you last been to Old Trafford? Are you happy with the state it is currently in? Do you feel players we have signed in the last 6 years show any sign of planning? Do you feel our squad is worthy of such a wage budget? Are you happy how much of United's own earnt money that the glazers pocket each year?

Sorry for caring more about the culture, the infrastructure, and the loyalty shown towards a fan base that the club should constantly be improving upon, instead of where we sit in the table. But again this point will be muted so people can jump on the fact 'Ole out'.

EDIT. Absolutley laughable to give plaudits to the board for anything Sir Alex accomplished.
You’re acting a bit dim here.

I’ve already myth busted the idea that a new manager “won’t change much” with 4 better examples under the same board.

And I gave the board no plaudits for what Sir Alex achieved, nada, ziltch, zero. I simply made the point that different levels of managers have had the same board with differing levels of success. See if you can spot a pattern... from most successful (PL win rate + trophies) to least, with the same board...

1. Sir Alex
2. Mourinho
3. LVG
4. Moyes
5. OGS

Now please rate the above managers based on their careers. Coincidence ?

Yet these things constantly happened under previous management? Ole might not be the right man, might be far from it, but we will get nowhere under stewardship that care more about their own pockets than the actual club.
So we just stick with a shit manager then because we’re fecked?

If the option is top manager, great win rate, some tin pot trophies & a 2nd or 3rd finish every now and then, or.... a shit manager who wins 9 in 30 and is likely to end mid-table. I know which one I’ll take.

Getting rid of the owners requires someone insanely rich coming from nowhere, it might never happen, getting a better manager is easy. I’d love both.

Mainoldo

You’re acting a bit dim here.

I’ve already myth busted the idea that a new manager “won’t change much” with 4 better examples under the same board.

And I gave the board no plaudits for what Sir Alex achieved, nada, ziltch, zero. I simply made the point that different levels of managers have had the same board with differing levels of success. See if you can spot a pattern... from most successful (PL win rate + trophies) to least, with the same board...

1. Sir Alex
2. Mourinho
3. LVG
4. Moyes
5. OGS

Now please rate the above managers based on their careers. Coincidence ?
Crap managers perform crap. Imagine that.

It’s the weird hope that they expect the worse manager to end up 2nd on that list that gets me.

I don’t even need to read the rest of this book I know how it ends.

TrustInOle

So we just stick with a shit manager then because we’re fecked?

If the option is top manager, great win rate, some tin pot trophies & a 2nd or 3rd finish every now and then, or.... a shit manager who wins 9 in 30 and is likely to end mid-table. I know which one I’ll take.

Getting rid of the owners requires someone insanely rich coming from nowhere, it might never happen, getting a better manager is easy. I’d love both.
Again, because I'm tired of typing the same information. I have not said Ole is good enough, i have not said he is the right man, i have not said he is not at fault. Please pinpoint me to exactly where I suggest this?

Your constant stats on Ole and how bad he is doing will not change my opinion, the problems run far deeper than the manager. By all means sack Ole, I have no qualms, I shall still be here, whether we are 7th or 2nd, with Ole or with (insert flavour of the month) maoning about the aspects of the club that actually matter.

Don't be so naive as to think or presume I would rather us sit 7th and keep Ole over a better manager and situation! I highly doubt anyone would, but that will not change the fact the club is being taken for a Joke.

If you want to revolve this Only about Ole, which seems your intent, then who gave Ole the job full time? Who is sticking with Ole despite our worst record in 33 years? Who is giving Ole money to spend on the squad when he 'clearly' isn't capable? Who is allowing Ole to make changes in terms of staff and recruitment?

Again I shall end this as to make sure you understand, I have not said he is the right man also I have not said this is good enough.

My problems with the club come from actually constantly being around the club, being at Ole Ole Trafford and seeing what is becoming of our club. Not just sitting in front of a TV getting angry cause we play shit!

Crap managers perform crap. Imagine that.

It’s the weird hope that they expect the worse manager to end up 2nd on that list that gets me.

I don’t even need to read the rest of this book I know how it ends.
haha, it's absolutely insane to me. His CV was the worst by far, and his record as manager so far is the worst by far.

Yet all these lot, as you say, genuinely think he'll end up above Mourinho and LVG on that list? Complete nutters, all because he got rid of a few players they didn't like.

TrustInOle

haha, it's absolutely insane to me. His CV was the worst by far, and his record as manager so far is the worst by far.

Yet all these lot, as you say, genuinely think he'll end up above Mourinho and LVG on that list? Complete nutters, all because he got rid of a few players they didn't like.
Again, pinpoint exactly where I state this?

My problems with the club come from actually constantly being around the club, being at Ole Ole Trafford and seeing what is becoming of our club. Not just sitting in front of a TV getting angry cause we play shit!
You've mentioned this twice now you complete oddball (I ignored it the first time), is it some attempt to show you're a top red, worth more than the folk who support from afar because you attend games?

Have a quick look in the ticketing thread before trying that shit on me sunshine. For what it's worth though, season ticket holder or not, my opinion aint worth an ounce more than say a guy in Copenhagen or Bangkok watching, only an utter oddball would think such a thing.

For what it's worth, the rest of stuff in your quoted post there I agree with, as does 99.9% of the forum, quite why I have to repeat that for THE THIRD TIME is beyond weird but maybe you just need any excuse to go off on a rant.

Last edited:

TrustInOle

You've mentioned this twice now you complete oddball (I ignored it the first time), is it some attempt to show you're a top red, worth more than the folk who support from afar because you attend games?

Have a quick look in the ticketing thread before trying that shit on me sunshine. For what it's worth though, season ticket holder or not, my opinion aint worth an ounce more than say a guy in Copenhagen or Bangkok watching, only an utter oddball would think such a thing.

For what it's worth, the rest of stuff in your quoted post there I agree with, as does 99.9% of the forum, quite why I have to repeat that for THE THIRD TIME is beyond weird but maybe you just need any excuse to go off on a rant.
Insults are quite pathetic mate, so try just keep a cool head while having a conversation before spitting insults out 'pal'.

In my statement, show me where, for a start, I refer to you? I said MY problems (no on else) come from seeing things first hand. No insult towards people who don't go to games, more a point of view that most people who don't attend games have no idea the current state of our infrastructure within the stadium and training facilities.

It jas feck all to do with being a top red and about what it means to ME. What I care about in my club and my opinion is unless internal things get sorted first, just rinse and repeat managers won't bring us any consistency.

I came to this thread, no to argue, cause I agree with most of what is said about Ole being out of his depth. But to say there is no need to drag a club legends name through shit just because his capabilities aren't of a required standard.

Enigma_87

You know who
Insults are quite pathetic mate, so try just keep a cool head while having a conversation before spitting insults out 'pal'.

In my statement, show me where, for a start, I refer to you? I said MY problems (no on else) come from seeing things first hand. No insult towards people who don't go to games, more a point of view that most people who don't attend games have no idea the current state of our infrastructure within the stadium and training facilities.

It jas feck all to do with being a top red and about what it means to ME. What I care about in my club and my opinion is unless internal things get sorted first, just rinse and repeat managers won't bring us any consistency.

I came to this thread, no to argue, cause I agree with most of what is said about Ole being out of his depth. But to say there is no need to drag a club legends name through shit just because his capabilities aren't of a required standard.
Seriously? Many have been fans for around at least 20-30 years and also part of every local fan club there is(depending on current location). Many of those have used to go to games week in and week out. Many of those still have friends/acquaintances from the time that they were regulars, despite rarely going to games nowadays for various reasons mainly physical location.

In the era of social media where you can pretty much hear a pin drop in the dressing room and have access to information of the most private character your claim is that current matchgoers are more privileged in their opinion just because they are going to games now?

On the second bolded part - what is your solution? Sack Woodward? Do you believe the Glazers will hire a better one? They did choose him in the first place. They changed GM for Tampa Bay too, not one but two since their PO drought and so far both have been failures.

Then what? Sack the Glazers and have the Saudi's take us over? Or you have some other proposal to manage their club?

Mainoldo

I attend a few games when I can.. so I wouldn’t class myself as an outsider. So I’m just interested as a continuous match goer as I assume you are. What are these things you talk about which is prevent us from sacking Ole and getting a better manager?

Also to keep it straight to the point how is our club any different to Liverpool; Barcelona Chelsea etc when it come to the problems you talk of?

Seij

Does he and his coaching staff not feel embarrassed? You have a proper footballer walk into this team and direct patterns of play in a game because the coaching staff have failed to implement any in attack for the past year a half.

Appalling.
I hear getting 140k+ pound every week helps dulling the embarrassment somewhat. You wouldn't lick Woodward's feet every day when you land a job like this that you're massively under qualified for?

You were clearly insulting people who watch on tv and you have feck all knowledge of our training facilities more than any random fan on the internet or in the ground.

Your earlier post history is something to behold considering your opinion now, here your are now, making out everything is shit and no-manager could change anything, yet in August you were telling us (aside from this pearler:"Still believe Rojo has it all to become an accomplished DMC in the mould of a Casamiro"):

You would think people like focusing on only the bad points of United these days.

The way i see it, we have a lot to be positive about. We finally have a manager that understands and wants to play the United way.
And...

I believe this first interview was very telling, and hints towards Ole pushing the club towards the standards that should never have been lowered.

I would much rather have a transfer policy that helps bring that strong winning mentality back, and Ole's was sounds more and more like he might do that. Along with his expectations being surpassed from the kids like Greenwood and Gomes, he seems happy.

Just a choice of phase from Ole's mouth 'signing a striker would have stunted Masons development'....... I think says alot about the confidence he will push onto the kids.

So instead of the doom and gloom, cant we all be appreciative towards the fact, we have one of, if not the best defense in the league, and the most promising frontline out there. I feel alot will be proved wrong this season.
Yet now that no-one has been proved wrong who doubted Ole and the board/transfer policy, quite the opposite, you've completely changed your tune. What more did you want from the board for Ole to be given a chance to succeed because you were delighted with things just before the season started?

Is it because you were so wrong about Ole that now you've done a complete 180? Instead of just coming in and agreeing that he's wank, despite being massively backed with his transfer policy THAT YOU WOULD MUCH RATHER HAVE, and backed with the patience YOU DEMANDED for him. Come on, what more should the board have done to help Ole be a success? Ole that you were also delighted with because "he knows the United way" and is "pushing the club towards the standards that should never have been lowered".

@TrustInOle ?

Last edited:

jamesjimmybyrondean

Don't know what I was expecting honestly. Moyes was a midtable manager. He won nothing and took us to 7th. Van Gaal and Mourinho were proven accomplished past it managers. They played shit football but still won trophies because they are winners. Ole's past record is the worst of them all and has us at the lowest points tally in how many years.

Based on CV Mourinho>LVG>Moyes>Ole. Unsurprisingly the arrangement remains the same based on the results they got with us. CVs do matter. I don't understand why people think we shouldn't judge Ole because he has a thin average squad. This excuse can fly if he was Arteta or an upcoming manager. But Ole has had 10 fecking years of coaching experience. There's enough information in his past to know whether he is a good coach or not. Look at that information and tell me if he is good enough for one of the biggest clubs in the world or not. It's that fecking simple. You don't wait for a midfield of Bruno, Pogba and Mcctominay to judge whether Welbeck can lead the line in a team and score 20 goal plus do you?

Also worth noting the similarities between Ole and Moyes press conference. Shouldn't be surprising to given they are both mid table managers coming with mid table mindset

Seij

"Needs time"
"Shit team"
"Long term"
"Pogba"
"Getting there"
"Results are not everything"
"Squad depth"
"Board and Ed"
You forgot:

"There's no guarantee that getting another manager will improve us. So we need to stick with Ole and give him time".

Or I guess to put it more bluntly, "we don't know if the next manager will also be shite, so might as well stick with the shite we have".

TrustInOle

You were clearly insulting people who watch on tv and you have feck all knowledge of our training facilities more than any random fan on the internet or in the ground.

Your earlier post history is something to behold considering your opinion now, here your are now, making out everything is shit and no-manager could change anything, yet in August you were telling us (aside from this pearler:"Still believe Rojo has it all to become an accomplished DMC in the mould of a Casamiro"):

And...

Yet now that no-one has been proved wrong who doubted Ole and the board, quite the opposite, you've completely changed your tune. Go figure.
For one, show me where I insult anyone. For 2, shall I also apologise for originally having faith in Ole to relising he is out of his depth? I have not said a new manager won't change anything, merly appointing a new manager won't solve certain underlying issues which have been with the club for the past however many years.

Also, why delve into other opinions I have had that have nothing to do with the issue?

Fts 74

I have no problem admitting I've been Ole in but not anymore.

I hate the constant changing of managers something I naively thought was something we'd never do but unfortunately since the great man retired no one has been good enough.

I believed in the rebuild, in fact I still do but not with Ole. It's not that I don't think he hasn't bought well I just have no confidence in him as a coach to improve us.

Over 12 months in the job and there is no identity no patterns of play, the risk taking football he spoke about just hasn't happened.

In interviews he looks like a rabbit in the headlights laughing nervously and sounding more like Moyes every day.

Managing Utd is a huge task it takes a very special person to able to handle everything that goes with it and although he loves the club dearly that on its own isn't enough to keep him in the job that he clearly cannot cope with.

He'll always be a legend and he has done some good, although the injuries excuse is somewhat lessened by the fact he agreed to let too many players go without replacing them properly though but whether he gets top 4 or not, its a defining moment for the board as I feel what's decided this summer management wise will determine whether those up above really want us challenging again or languishing in Europa league spots.

For one, show me where I insult anyone. For 2, shall I also apologise for originally having faith in Ole to relising he is out of his depth? I have not said a new manager won't change anything, merly appointing a new manager won't solve certain underlying issues which have been with the club for the past however many years.

Also, why delve into other opinions I have had that have nothing to do with the issue?
1. You were delighted the board hired Ole - knows the United way.
2. You were delighted with the Summer window and transfer policy
3. You demanded the club show patience with Ole.

So the board/club did/is doing everything you wanted, but because Ole has turned out wank the board is wank and a new manager will change nothing?

Please help me understand that. My guess is that because you were so monumentally wrong about Ole, you have zero problem going against absolutely everything else you preached to the forum in August?

Aretak

I don't want to see Ole publicly humiliated but I do hope the board are already securing a competent replacement.
In fairness, he does a pretty good job of humiliating himself every time he opens his mouth. Moyes was absolutely torn to shreds for quotes that were nowhere near as bad as some of the stuff that Ole has come out with in recent months. The quote about 'not many teams being able to break down Wolves' yesterday was especially cringeworthy, even before it was pointed out that Leicester and West Ham are the only two sides not to have scored against them this season (and both have return fixtures to come).

He's one of my favourite players ever, but the guy isn't a football manager. Certainly not at anything like this level anyway. Sacking him isn't going to solve all of the club's woes by a long shot, but it's very clear at this point that he can't be and won't be part of any revival.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Chelsea listened to Jose. Kevin De
Bruyne and Mo Salah have been tearing the league up ever since being brought back.
It wasn't as simple as that...

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...ove-with-mohamed-salah-during-time-at-chelsea

https://metro.co.uk/2019/11/22/john...tment-mohamed-salah-kevin-de-bruyne-11199392/

Besides, what does that have to do with anything? It's one thing not being able to displace more experienced players at the top of their game, but Pogba and Martial had the opportunity to play every week and were pretty poor on the whole. But not just that, mainly their attitude was shocking on the pitch and both went bitching to the media about wanting to leave. We bent over backwards to keep them and now look... absolutely pathetic.

Enigma_87

You know who

Again, what is your solution then? Do you honestly believe the Glazers will not appoint another financial guy instead of Woodward if he's to be sacked?

Who will fork out 3-4bln to buy the club off their hands, but the Saudi's or some oligarch with shady business?

Will sacking Woodward to appoint some Merrill Lynch guy in his place make you feel better, or solve our problems?

TrustInOle

1. You were delighted the board hired Ole - knows the United way.
2. You were delighted with the Summer window and transfer policy
3. You demanded the club show patience with Ole.

So the board/club did/is doing everything you wanted, but because Ole has turned out wank the board is wank and a new manager will change nothing?

Please help me understand that. My guess is that because you were so monumentally wrong about Ole, you have zero problem going against absolutely everything else you preached to the forum in August?
You sure do love you assumptions don't you? Here is the thing with my opinion, it don't matter pal. I don't get paid 10s of millions to get this club in the shithole it is now. From day one I have preached the same worries for the club that I do now, if you wanna stalk me a little more, you shall see. ;)

Secondly, my opinion on Ole's tactical nous was wrong, which I already admitted so no idea why you bring it up again?

RUCK4444

Stop trying to speak for and generalise the fans who try to think outside of the box and look for other markers when assessing the manager.

The ‘Sack manager - hire next manager’ mentality doesn’t mean your clever, all your doing is wishing for another cycle of shite that we’ve had for the last 6 years.

Your here every day peddling your anti-Ole rhetoric, however I’ve yet to see you actually mention any form of plan after we sack Ole.

Let me guess, I’m gunna take a wild swing here... Hire Poch right!!??
Wow your genius knows no bounds.

TrustInOle

Again, what is your solution then? Do you honestly believe the Glazers will not appoint another financial guy instead of Woodward if he's to be sacked?

Who will fork out 3-4bln to buy the club off their hands, but the Saudi's or some oligarch with shady business?

Will sacking Woodward to appoint some Merrill Lynch guy in his place make you feel better, or solve our problems?
I dont get paid to have a solution mate, i have an opinion on how the club is being handled? Am i not allowed? Why does that make you edgy?

Top post Ruck.

I’ve given my opinions loads by the way, continue with the transfer strategy regarding recruitment, it’s decent. Bring in a modern attacking manager that agrees with that strategy and who has a plan to improve the existing squad rather than rip it up.
Hopefully this guy would also enjoy and demand a DoF.

So no, not just sack Ole, hire Poch.

Last edited:

TrustInOle

Nope, you posted these actual things and preached it to the forum, nothing assumed there.

For what it’s worth I agree with you about the recruitment policy.
I didnt preach anything, my very original post in the newbie section referred to me signing up to the caf in hopes of spreading abit more positivity around the place. That is what I tried till constantly getting called out for having an opinion.

I came to this thread to express my opinion that the hate and insults Ole recieves are far out of order considering what the man has brought to the club in the past. Not to mention him being an exemplary human being since he joined the club originally.

And to say maybe the hate can be directed towards a better outcome that could improve the club, not constantly pitch fans against one another! Easy said than done like.

Enigma_87

You know who
Stop trying to speak for and generalise the fans who try to think outside of the box and look for other markers when assessing the manager.

The ‘Sack manager - hire next manager’ mentality doesn’t mean your clever, all your doing is wishing for another cycle of shite that we’ve had for the last 6 years.

Your here every day peddling your anti-Ole rhetoric, however I’ve yet to see you actually mention any form of plan after we sack Ole.

Let me guess, I’m gunna take a wild swing here... Hire Poch right!!??
Wow your genius knows no bounds.
And what's the "Ole In" plan then? Keep the shite we have for 3-4 years then what? Hire Neville or Carrick, because they know the "United way"?

I dont get paid to have a solution mate, i have an opinion on how the club is being handled? Am i not allowed? Why does that make you edgy?
So you are complaining for the sake of it without offering any solution then?

I don't get it, the club and team is in its worst state since Fergie retired. It's managed by the worst manager in its entire history and you want to do nothing about it?

One of the reasons we're in the state we are is because match going fans are allowing this shite to happen week in and week out. Can you see other fans of top clubs being so content with mediocrity and not doing anything about it?

Ole is part of the recruitment, he's part of the way we play, part of the way we train, part of motivation process of those players that walk on the pitch every game. And he is big part of that. So far he has been backed with north of 200m pounds in the market yet you refuse to believe that he's a major part of the problem and needs addressing right away?

TrustInOle

And what's the "Ole In" plan then? Keep the shite we have for 3-4 years then what? Hire Neville or Carrick, because they know the "United way"?

So you are complaining for the sake of it without offering any solution then?

I don't get it, the club and team is in its worst state since Fergie retired. It's managed by the worst manager in its entire history and you want to do nothing about it?

One of the reasons we're in the state we are is because match going fans are allowing this shite to happen week in and week out. Can you see other fans of top clubs being so content with mediocrity and not doing anything about it?

Ole is part of the recruitment, he's part of the way we play, part of the way we train, part of motivation process of those players that walk on the pitch every game. And he is big part of that. So far he has been backed with north of 200m pounds in the market yet you refuse to believe that he's a major part of the problem and needs addressing right away?
So me where I say Ole is not part of the problem? Quite openly said he ain't doing enough but also have a bit of sympathy considering going into this season we had quite possibly the worst squad I have seen us with since Sir Alex retired and that ain't all Ole's fault, he is actually trying to remedy this with each of his signings exceeding or meeting expectations so far.

I ain't saying we shouldn't change anything, only I am not qualified to discern what exactly would solve our problems that start with the board. Also £200 has equalled 3 signings. One has played one game for christs sake! You expect 2 players to have changed the dynamics of such a poor squad?

Again, so you don't misunderstand me, sack Ole, bring in whoever. But without said plan in place, we will be back here in 2 years. Evidence, see past 3 managers plus current.

Mainoldo

It wasn't as simple as that...

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...ove-with-mohamed-salah-during-time-at-chelsea

https://metro.co.uk/2019/11/22/john...tment-mohamed-salah-kevin-de-bruyne-11199392/

Besides, what does that have to do with anything? It's one thing not being able to displace more experienced players at the top of their game, but Pogba and Martial had the opportunity to play every week and were pretty poor on the whole. But not just that, mainly their attitude was shocking on the pitch and both went bitching to the media about wanting to leave. We bent over backwards to keep them and now look... absolutely pathetic.
Well if we had sold them within 12 months like Salah and De Bruyne they could have gone on and had better careers at more stable clubs and all this would have been talked about as a mistake Or just swept under the carpet. Like Di Maria; Lukaku; Smalling; Depay; Blind etc.

However instead I have to listen to bruised egos all the time acting like the club is bigger than these players. We haven’t won a league since the great man left and I’m quite positive if Pogba and Martial played under him they would have league titles too.

Manchester United as an institution make bad decisions.. as a business we are perfect I mean our marketing is spot on and I don’t ever see us being under threat with transfer bans etc. But for some reason the most important thing that we decided to leave to “the football” people is suffering. The main point is football people. We keeping hiring the wrong people. We need a director of football not because Ed can’t be trusted but because the guys we leave to run the football side don’t have a clue how to look after Manchester United.

David Moyes felt Fellaini was a good signing. He also felt he needed time to decide if Thiago was the player for him.

LVG renowned for building good foundations ensured every key position on the pitch was covered. We was never short of strikers, midfielders, CB or wingers. Yes we had to play kids at Long periods in time but that was because of injuries. That squad which people claimed was a poor rebuild was actually our most balanced. The problem with him was he didn’t have a clue how to play attacking football anymore or identify players. I mean some wonderful players where linked but no really was spotting them and who was signing off who to get? Mane- De Bruyne - Perez to name a few. But we only ever really signed off the players he knew something about.

Jose well we know how the story goes there. He’s good at the beginning but when things aren’t going his way he wants you to do the most amazing things that never make sense. Like sign Jerome Boateng.

Basically if we have a DoF non of this happens (providing they are actually good at there job).

jamesjimmybyrondean

So me where I say Ole is not part of the problem? Quite openly said he ain't doing enough but also have a bit of sympathy considering going into this season we had quite possibly the worst squad I have seen us with since Sir Alex retired and that ain't all Ole's fault, he is actually trying to remedy this with each of his signings exceeding or meeting expectations so far.

I ain't saying we shouldn't change anything, only I am not qualified to discern what exactly would solve our problems that start with the board. Also £200 has equalled 3 signings. One has played one game for christs sake! You expect 2 players to have changed the dynamics of such a poor squad?

Again, so you don't misunderstand me, sack Ole, bring in whoever. But without said plan in place, we will be back here in 2 years. Evidence, see past 3 managers plus current.
So what should we do if the board remains?

croadyman

Whether you want Ole to stay or Ole to go this summer I think we can all agree that Woody should be fired before him.

Personally I just cannot see that happening any time soon so if this rebuild doesn't work out then his head will be on the chopping block.

One of my biggest frustrations is that he isn't seemingly willing to replace Carrick, Phelan & McKenna with more experienced coaches.

Maybe if he did then some of his doubters would be willing to give him more time.

I do get very frustrated when people keep conparing that 89/90 period under Fergie with Ole now. Can also add the crazy conparisons to Klopp's early days at Liverpool to that as well.

Last edited:

Enigma_87

You know who
He has a large part of the fault in leaving the squad as it is.

Maguire was brought in for a world record fee and more than what Pool paid for VVD. How is he exceeding expectations?
AWB is just like everyone has seen him last year - weak going forward and solid defensively. We didn't bring in a natural RW(James was a LW at Leeds) yet he's also exceeding expectation in being part of the problem we have(our inept attack)?
Is James exceeding expectation as well?

Ole chose to spend 150m on 3 players, before the season started, yet somehow it's not his fault we didn't address certain areas?

Changing the manager is what realistically can create some sort of a plan currently.

If you think changing Woodward will solve our issues - evidence the last 3 GM/CEO the Glazers hired for Tampa Bay and United.

The so called poor squad was 2nd not so long ago and the so called poor squad(before he single handedly dismantled) landed him the job in the first place.

TrustInOle

He has a large part of the fault in leaving the squad as it is.

Maguire was brought in for a world record fee and more than what Pool paid for VVD. How is he exceeding expectations?
AWB is just like everyone has seen him last year - weak going forward and solid defensively. We didn't bring in a natural RW(James was a LW at Leeds) yet he's also exceeding expectation in being part of the problem we have(our inept attack)?
Is James exceeding expectation as well?

Ole chose to spend 150m on 3 players, before the season started, yet somehow it's not his fault we didn't address certain areas?

Changing the manager is what realistically can create some sort of a plan currently.

If you think changing Woodward will solve our issues - evidence the last 3 GM/CEO the Glazers hired for Tampa Bay and United.

The so called poor squad was 2nd not so long ago and the so called poor squad(before he single handedly dismantled) landed him the job in the first place.
Heres a thought, issue lies with the glazers. You love bringing Tampa bay up, tell me, what has the mighty Glazers done there?

Enigma_87

You know who
Whether you want Ole to stay or Ole to go this summer I think we can all agree that Woody should be fired before him.

Personally I just cannot see that happening any time soon so if this rebuild doesn't work out then his head will be on the chopping block.

One of my biggest frustrations is that he isn't seemingly willing to replace Carrick, Phelan & McKenna with more experienced coaches.

Maybe if he did then some of his doubters would be willing to give him more time.
Whilst I agree that Ed should follow Ole out of the door, why do people keep assuming that the next CEO the Glazers will hire will be better than Woodward?

croadyman

Ole should never have gotten the job in the first place, at least not when it was given to him. It was said that the board were going to wait until the end of the season before deciding, but once it was given to him, we suffered the most monumental of collapses that saw us miss out on top-4 even though the door was left open for us countless times.

We are seeing the exact same thing this season. Ole is terribly, ridiculously out of his depth and he needs to go.

This is our worst Premier League start ever and we are currently on course to finish the season with 53 points, the last 3 seasons that would have been enough for us to finish 9th, 8th and 8th, which would make this our worst premier league finish ever.

I know a rebuild can sometimes means knocking something down to it's bare foundations, but there is no blueprint or plan for what is to be built. It's like Ole, with a hope and prayer just wishes St. Petersburg Cathedral suddenly just springs up out of nowhere and shocks everybody, but I'll tell you now, it's not happening. Not when the coaching staff can't even drill the players well enough to open up a team for a few attempts on goal after 5 attempts like we've seen against Wolves. We are getting schooled by Wolves. Wolves are our bogey team. Just let that sink in for a moment. Fecking Wolves. Look, any team can beat any other team on their day, I understand, it happens. But we didn't look to be able to break them down at all yesterday and then Ole comes out and says some bullshit about them being difficult to break down. Well, Wolves have only kept 2 cleansheets in their last 12 games and BOTH of them were against US!

I was an "Ole-inner" for the longest time, but the signing of Bruno, ironically is what broke the camel's back for me. I don't want to see another fantastic player being grossly mis-managed by a team of the worst coaches in the premier league. It's frankly disgusting.

Ole is a bare-faced liar and for people to continue lapping up his bullshit is frankly flabbergasting. I don't care if Ole is a legend of the club as a player. It doesn't give him the right to stay in the management position when he's clearly woefully out of his depth. He needs to get out now, my patience with him has been whittled down to nothing.
Top post

Status
Not open for further replies.