Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeeDee7

Absolute delusion to the highest degree. You'd gladly see us in the Championship so long as Ole was still the manager and you get to spout such nonsense as rebuild and culture and how much of a top red you are cause you still support a club legend.
Whinge Whinge...
- Is there better or higher credentialed current manager's around who wants to coach United? Probably yes.
- Could they do better job right here and right now with what Ole has today? Debatable/Who the f knows/Doubt it/maybe an extra 4 points/woopty doo daa
- Regardless of this has Ole got us on the right path? Yes.
- As a young manager at the same point in his career as Jurgen Klopp approaching his second season at Dortmund, is it fair to say Ole can also improve like many before him? Yes.

Everyone seems to love a good managerial win %. So heres a comparison from the so called "relegated Cardiff manager" to the "presently best manager on earth, there can only be one mind you"

Ole THE HOPE-LESS Gunnar Solskjaer
Managerial record by team and tenure
PWDLWin %
TeamFromToRecord
9 November 2010​
2 January 2014​
2 January 2014​
18 September 2014​
Molde​
21 October 2015​
28 March 2019​
19 December 2018​
Present

Jurgen GOD Klopp
27 February 2001​
30 June 2008​
270109788340.4[34]
1 July 2008​
30 June 2015​
318179697056.3[85]
8 October 2015​
Present

Fans such as myself are not tied to Ole for "tradition". We just see the club on the right path to dig itself out of a rut and rebuild, and hopefully Ole not only gets the team in good shape tp challenge but also becomes a tittle winning manager with us. Come middle to end of next season we as fans will really be able to put Ole under the microscope. And see his direction on the field and better judge for the future. But right now we would have the exact same skepticism about any manager in the role. Will so and so's signings work? we play nicer (according to different views and interpretations) but will we get results? What can so and so do with the current squad? We don't bloomin know! Unless offcourse Jurgen "GOD" Klopp took over us himself. Thats a invincible season in the bag next year right!!

SteveW

It took Klopp that time to get Liverpool to top, top class level.

It took Klopp five minutes to get them to a good level.

There's nothing in our football to suggest the addition of better players will make for a really good team. It will improve the team somewhat, because better players tend to do that, but nothing more, as the coaching is poor. So we'll be, as we are now, less than the sum of our parts.
I personally know several Liverpool supporters who wanted rid of Klopp after 2 years. It was the same type of crap too.

Conceding too many goals. Must be because Klopp can't coach defending. I told them the same thing I'm saying now. It takes time.

jamesjimmybyrondean

So the jury is still out on whether Ole is a good manager for us since he's had an injured squad and a squad of average players this season. But let's say our squad is fully fit and we bought some players. We now have De Gea AWB Maguire Koulibaly Williams Fred Pogba Bruno Sancho Jimenez Rashford(fantasy I know). So to do people that support Ole, who do you think will coach this team better. Who do you think will coach this team better - Ole or Pochettino and why? Would like to here your opinion

James Ward

A lot of posters seem either too stupid or agenda driven to include context in their assessments.

Hopefully the club sticks to what they are doing since Ole joined and he gets to finish the rebuild. I can definitely see progress. For the first time in years the players coming in actually make sense and solve problems. We just don't have anything near the squad depth yet to produce consistent results.

Another 3 good players in the summer along with further integration of the youth players should get us a lot closer to where we need to be as a squad. After 7 years of consistently signing problems I'm surprised that so many people feel so negatively about what's happening. AWB, Maguire, Fernandes and James are all steps in the right direction. Once Fred, Scott and Bruno build a partnership we will likely look a much better side.

People seem to expect Ole to do what Klopp did but without time or resources. It took Klopp 4 years and 18 first team signings to get Liverpool to a good level. Ole has had little over a year and 4 signings. It's not FM. It takes time to build a team.
Klopp had Liverpool in the top four after a season and Ole has spent 200 million and the team is worse than last season.

There were far better players available. Ole is absolutely clueless. Played 25 games and won NINE

Under Mourinho when we finished 2nd we won 25 games, drew 6 and lost 7.

If you can't see how bad Ole sets up the team then sorry you can't call anyone stupid. We will probably end up 8th this season. Is that good enough?

Did you look at Klopps CV before he took over Liverpool?

So the jury is still out on whether Ole is a good manager for us since he's had an injured squad and a squad of average players this season. But let's say our squad is fully fit and we bought some players. We now have De Gea AWB Maguire Koulibaly Williams Fred Pogba Bruno Sancho Jimenez Rashford(fantasy I know). So to do people that support Ole, who do you think will coach this team better. Who do you think will coach this team better - Ole or Pochettino and why? Would like to here your opinion
Ole will just play the same 4-2-3-1 formation with no tactical changes whatsoever and teams will just sit back.

Poch will setup the team to create space for our attacking players and setup a game plan to exploit opponents.

That's the difference.

Last edited:

SteveW

Absolute delusion to the highest degree. You'd gladly see us in the Championship so long as Ole was still the manager and you get to spout such nonsense as rebuild and culture and how much of a top red you are cause you still support a club legend.
Where does this come from? My whole post was talking about how we are building a better team.

Where did I say or even allude to being happy in the champioship or happy if things don't improve. Stop projecting your agenda onto other people's posts.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Replacing Ole should not be number one priority right now. I really dont think Poch (for exemple) would do it much better with all injuries and thin squad at the moment.

We need a RW, a top striker and a CM in the summer. Sancho, Werner and Soumare be my picks. And I really hope Pogba stays one more season atleast.

if we can get that and Ole still has no clue then yes, he has to go. but not right now.
So basically we're experimenting with Ole. Going by your targets if by next season our team is De Gea AWB Maguire Lindelof Williams Fred Pogba Bruno Sancho Werner and Rashford.. Who do you think will coach this side better, Ole or Pochettino?

SteveW

Klopp had Liverpool in the top four after a season and Ole has spent 200 million and the team is worse than last season.
Who's to say we won't finish top 4? We will finally have a midfield once Scott gets fit. That tends to help results.

The issues with our squad have been obvious. No point in ignoring them. Let's see how the rest of the season goes as players come back and we get the likes of Andreas out of the side.

James Ward

Who's to say we won't finish top 4? We will finally have a midfield once Scott gets fit. That tends to help results.

The issues with our squad have been obvious. No point in ignoring them. Let's see how the rest of the season goes as players come back and we get the likes of Andreas out of the side.
Top four HaHa. We will be lucky to finish top half with the fixtures coming up. Even if we had Pogba and Scott fit all season we wouldn't be in the top four! Remember Ole with a full strength team last season?

His tactics worked for the first six or seven games when he took over and got the permanent contract, then teams realized he plays the same tactics and formation every match and are easily able to get points off us by shutting up shop because Ole hadn't a clue what to do about it.

9 wins in 25 games is pathetic.

He is completely out of his debt which is scary, and Scott is at best a backup player.

If Ole remains in charge I garuntee you Rashford will leave just like Pogba is.

Micky Targaryen

When results on the pitch are this bad (and I mean the worst-start-in-history bad), the natural course is to sack the manager. The buck stops with the manager. It has and always will be like this. Top successful clubs does it, small clubs does it. Why does it have to be any different for Ole??

We must be the only fanbase that will blame everything under the sun apart from the manager.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
"Club on the right path". Imagine how bad things would be if we were on the wrong path?
Classic case of people seeing what they want to see.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
You don't think Pochettino would be better because of what?

And why would Werner or Sancho even consider Manchester United, a team that is slowly cementing its place outside both England's and European elite? They are playing in sides that guarantee them top level football, their next step can only be to the level of clubs that guarantee them serious challenge for Champions league trophy. Yet again, Manchester United will not guarantee that, because well, Manchester United is far from even qualifying to Champions league.
Because of what I said - thin squad and lots of injuries. Of course he can do a better job when the likes of Pogba, Rashford, McT are back. But so can Ole.

We are in the middle of a rebuild and I just dont think changing manager Will do much right now. Lets focus on getting the right players in first.

I Agree with you about these players. They Will most likely end up in a ”top team”, and we’re not at the moment. But we could be close to the top again if we could get those players And keep Pogba. No?

I mean its not unrealistic to get atleast two of those in the summer. Meet Sanchos demands and get soumare. plus a top striker.

If you dont Agree with me then tell me 3 more realistic players?

We should give Ole a full backing in the summer and then see how it plans out. Thats my opinion anyway. We changed manager and philosofies too many times and I am tired of it. We thought Mou would be good, Van Gaal etc.. I see some positive things with Ole (and some bad of course) but lets give the man some time and a full squad.

Last edited:

Flexdegea

I could easily do a better job than Ole. And it's definitive room for improvement, with this current squad available. Like before the Wolves games.

If your mindset before the Wolves is to go out and dominate them. And you dont have an ideal nr.10, a cam. Then you should drop the nr.10 and go for 2 CF and start with Greenwood on top with Martial. The first thing you will imrpove the team.

Second it is the combination and line up you set up. Like music chords. Some chords suit and sound better with some chords than others chords. Same with players. Some players suit better with each others than with others. Then you have to know all the abilities of your players. To set up players who are been able to play quick and precise pass and movement football. Deliver the ball when you have to pass and take the extra touch if you have too. Right decisions most of the time of possible.

So back to the cam and nr.10. When you dont have an ideal nr.10 and you still use a nr.10. You are weakend the full packet of a football team. The strenght of the collective and combination of the set up players you start with. So if i am DOF and Woodward job and owner. Observing and evaluation. This is one of the factor that will count to end his contract. And using a weaken 4-2-3-1 formation is not the first time. Ole has use 4-2-3-1 formation from start of the season and until now. So if Woodward is doing his job and have this football knowledge about place the best players to every positions. So even Ole cant see it. How can you expect Woodward with close to zero football knowledge, can evaluate football manager decisions?It is here, the big factor. That the boss over Ole, the one who appoint and evaluate him. Has a really high level of ratings football players qualities and knowledge. If Woodward and the Owner and this case the Glazer. Really low footbball knowledge. Then its all down to luck and fate. Spend and waste your money until you drive your car of money until the ground. On the football side of business. United has spend and throw a lot money out of the window the last 5-6 years. Because the football knowledge of Woodward is not helping much + sentimental and rush appoitment of Ole right after the PSG victory. Who with neutral glasses, not watching with United glasses. Knew it was a lucky win against PSG. And after that PSG lucky with, the reality hit Woodward and United in the face.
It was 2 rush. Rush to appoint Ole as caretaker manager right after sacking Mourinho. And rush to appoint Ole permanent after PSG victory. Woodward after PSG victory: "Ole is the right man..." So if am the owner with really good football knowledge. I would not only blame on Ole, but Woodward too. And who really appoint Woodward in the first place?The boss of the boss. When you first want to change something negative to positive. You have to find the main roots of the problem. Cutting the grass on the surface will just help in short term, like appointed Ole as caretaker. Just short time solution, based on sentimental and positive energy. Then in short time the grass and problem will grow up again. In this case with United, because you havent destroy and find the main root of the problem.

So if the owner is smart and want to make money by qualifying to ch.league most of the years as possible and becoming a dominate and winning team again. The owner have to move Woodward from football relate jobs. Like Football CEO and negotiate of football transfer. If not i am thinking the Glazer will lost more money and they earn. Get the best football head and true leader you can get as Football CEO. A true leader, no sentimental and rush decisions, highest football knowledge as possible and do most right decisions as possible. No sentimental, but still seeing things clear and has the calmness and composure. To make the right decisions. Woodward is lacking many areas. But to end this. Woodward might be appoint my other, the owner. And we all have to apart what is job and private. Even he is doing a poor job, doesnt mean automatically he is a poor man, husband and human beeing in general life too. So no violent attack against every who has relate to United.

But again, back to the cam role and 4-2-3-1 formation. Ole get time factor on his side. Winters break and maybe Pobga and others important key players will come back to help the team to get better result. Like Pogba back and Bruno up as the n.10. But if Ole keep using Bruno as nr.10 and Mata, Perreira and Lingard as nr.10 and Greenwood on the bench most of the time or as right winger, not as one of the two CF upfronts. Ole might create his own path out of the Old Trafford. Same time when Van Gaal and Mourinho using wrong players for positions. Players has suit each others. You cant, on the highest level. Put 2 really good ball players + 3 average premier league level football players. Then naturallly the sum of it, your team will struggle. Not only once or twice. Like many times this seasons.

Example the line up could be like this against Wolves, due to the line up and sub that day:

De Gea + Bissaka - Lindelof - Maguire - Williams + Chong - Bruno - Fred - James + Greenwood - Martial.

So if, Pogba, McTom or Rashford will not come back to the next league game. United have nothing to loose now. A bit spinky Chong, but still fast and skill ful RW will not weakened the team so much. Chong is defintive a natural RW, compare to Greenwood and rest of the United squad. The most natural and highest pontential RW is Chong. If you dont trust Chong, then the next highest pontential RW is Greewood. Then with Ighalo arriving. The line up combination be like this.

De Gea + Bissaka - Lindelof - Maguire - Williams + Greenwood - Bruno - Fred - James + Ighalo - Martial.

Still with 2 CF and no cam/nr.10

But with Pobga back and with Bruno still. Then it is right time to use the cam and 4-2-3-1 formation. But you have to move Martial down as LW, because of his one on one skill. Like this.

Greenwood/Chong - Fred/McTom - Pogba - Martial + Bruno + Ighalo/Greenwood.

In the end. Greenwood is natural goalscorer. So use him as CF, to let the boy develop in the position where he is best. Then give Chong time to develop and show he is the one to go for that RW position, from now until the summer.

Sum up. Right and best players for every positions. If you have level higher than average, which is 3. 4 or above. Then drop it. To get the best out of the combination and line up you start with. If not, you are creating our own path out of the exit door of Old Trafford, as the permanent manager.

"Football is my home, street and passion."

Sort of post that highlights the massive issue with a lot of fans these days :lol:

Too much fantasy football by the looks of it, certainly could do a better job no doubt about it.

Flexdegea

Top four HaHa. We will be lucky to finish top half with the fixtures coming up. Even if we had Pogba and Scott fit all season we wouldn't be in the top four! Remember Ole with a full strength team last season?

His tactics worked for the first six or seven games when he took over and got the permanent contract, then teams realized he plays the same tactics and formation every match and are easily able to get points off us by shutting up shop because Ole hadn't a clue what to do about it.

He is completely out of his debt which is scary, and Scott is at best a backup player.

Hammering Ole for not being good enough, then at same time saying prob our most important midfielder at the moment based on this season performances, who is currently out injured is back up level player?

So what is it, Ole or the players then?

dal

he Needs one more year. If we finish higher than 8th with this squad we would have overachieved.

Lukaku and Sánchez needed to go, scoring goals hasn’t been the problem.

He hasn’t been knee jerk in his decision making. I want to see what he goes next year now I have an good feeling.

2 quality attacking signing and possibly a centrback we are good to go

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
he Needs one more year. If we finish higher than 8th with this squad we would have overachieved.

He hasn’t been knee jerk in his decision making. I want to see what he goes next year now I have an good feeling.

Oh come on. He should be sacked if he doesn't make CL next season. That's always the expectation from every manager and same should be for Ole.

He hasn't been knee jerk in decision making but he is too slow in making decisions too. Lukaku should have been replaced, we needed attacking mid in summer itself if he wanted to play 4-2-3-1. We needed RW who was ready to play for first team.

He made many naive decisions, some of them will cost his job.

fergosaurus

How has scoring goals not been a problem? We have 36 goals after 25 games, other than 15/16 (when we were 6 points better off) this season is our worst in many years in terms of goals scored in the league.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

What in the feck are you talking about? My word...

Micky Targaryen

Hammering Ole for not being good enough, then at same time saying prob our most important midfielder at the moment based on this season performances, who is currently out injured is back up level player?

So what is it, Ole or the players then?
What he means is that Ole is failing to get the best out of Pogba because Ole is out of his depth as a manager. I don't think it's that hard to comprehend.

roonster09

Scout

Even other clubs recognise our demise. Banter club. Mocked all over the world.
No, shows how desperate German clubs are that they don't even think what these admins do it is weird.

Roma and few German clubs tries way too much to look cool on twitter, like proper desperate.

Zhagzi

I'm wondering about the Ole-Out brigade people's argument that Ole is always smiling and cheerful and that that is not the type of manager we need. In a recent interview by BBC with second-string GK Adrian from Liverpool, he says this about Klopp:
"What Jurgen has achieved here is extraordinary," Adrian says. "Just look how we are in the league. It is so easy working with him. So easy. He's always smiling, cheerful, optimistic. He's the manager but he behaves like any another member of the team."

I'd like to know how the smiling, optimism and cheerfulness is a problem for Ole, but clearly something that is admired by Liverpool players who are currently dominating this league even more that Shitty did 2 years ago. It feels like a hollow argument against Ole as our manager.

SteveW

We've actually an easier run in than Chelsea and Spurs. Having a midfield will at least give us the chance to have a good go at it. I think we'll finish 4th.

Shark

@NotShark

Even other clubs recognise our demise. Banter club. Mocked all over the world.
It’s very sad to see, but only ourselves to blame really. Most top clubs would learn from the original disaster that was Moyes. We went and hired someone even more incompetent two managers after it. We fully deserve what we’re getting.

dove

These comparisons with Klopp & Pep are absolutely mental :lol: I suppose we should have given Cameron Bothwick-Jackson at least 5 years in the first team, he would have already been our prime Evra instead of being a reserve in League 2 because you know, that's how it works :lol: Januzaj? Would have been at Ronaldo's level right about now, definitely deserved at least 5 more years in the first team. How hard is it to comprehend that for 1 Klopp there are 1000 Oles? We are fecking 8th and will finish 10th at best. But yeah, it's fine. He surely deserves more time and money because legend. Crazy how fickle our fanbase is. At least with LVG and Jose we still had some sort of standards and expectations, we were fecking disappointed finishing 2nd because the gap from 1st was too big. Now with Ole some of our fans don't even care about the league position and what they see on the pitch, they are completely blinded by BS Ole talks. Someone should write a case study for it, it's surely unique.

AC1689

These comparisons with Klopp & Pep are absolutely mental :lol: I suppose we should have given Cameron Bothwick-Jackson at least 5 years in the first team, he would have already been our prime Evra instead of being a reserve in League 2 because you know, that's how it works :lol: Januzaj? Would have been at Ronaldo's level right about now, definitely deserved at least 5 more years in the first team. How hard is it to comprehend that for 1 Klopp there are 1000 Oles? We are fecking 8th and will finish 10th at best. But yeah, it's fine. He surely deserves more time and money because legend. Crazy how fickle our fanbase is. At least with LVG and Jose we still had some sort of standards and expectations, we were fecking disappointed finishing 2nd because the gap from 1st was too big. Now with Ole some of our fans don't even care about the league position and what they see on the pitch, they are completely blinded by BS Ole talks. Someone should write a case study for it, it's surely unique.
It’s like some kind of weird messed up Stockholm Syndrome.

roonster09

Scout
Hi mxrsh_l :D
Imagine if club twitter accounts responds to every dumb comment made on twitter, that would just make everything worse.

It's funny Neverkusen taking dig at any club.

I'd like to know how the smiling, optimism and cheerfulness is a problem for Ole, but clearly something that is admired by Liverpool players who are currently dominating this league even more that Shitty did 2 years ago. It feels like a hollow argument against Ole as our manager.
One is first and has lots to smile and be cheerful about, the other is 8th.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Let's forget about our current squad for a moment and be honest to ourselves. If there's a team consisting of the best players in each position including Messi and Mbappe, with Ole as the manager, who do you think will be the bottleneck of the team?So much talents, so little tactics.

Ole isn't a top manager and We need one to get back on top. Otherwise 6th is our realistic target and 4th will feel like a trophy.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Liverpool fan at work bought something up, said he wouldn't class Ole as a club legend. Fan favourite but legend? Was very dismissive and got me thinking....perhaps he is more of a cult hero than an actual legend?

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Liverpool fan at work bought something up, said he wouldn't class Ole as a club legend. Fan favourite but legend? Was very dismissive and got me thinking....perhaps he is more of a cult hero than an actual legend?
It’s a difficult one isn’t it. If you take the CL winning goal out of the equation then it’s certainly not a legendary career in the same breath as a Best, Charlton,Law, Cantona, or a Rooney (all time top goalscorer before I get jumped on!!).

Status
Not open for further replies.