Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedCurry

Here's Borrusia Monchengladbach playing some beautiful attacking football with a squad that's not as good as ours.
German clubs have focused on technical players for many years now. This is not something new. Saying that we have a better squad might be true overall but from a technical point of view, I have my doubts. PL is unique from other leagues in a way that physical attributes have historically been more important due to the pace of the game. It's that speed of the game and the end-to-end stuff that makes it so much more challenging to be implemented in PL.

Within our league itself we have a German manager right at the top of the league and another right at the bottom of it. They are trying to implement the same type of beautiful football but with very different results.

R'hllor

No it just means he spent 130M on defenders last summer and until recently had to make do with Lingard, Pereira and a well past expiry date Mata as the creative outlets in attack.
Yea, no. We could count ourselfs lucky if its quality of personel only to blame.

Foxbatt

More than half of CAF thinks he is incompetent. Half the non United pundits think he is incompetent. Just think of the players who have to play under him and are losing the tactical battle to teams below United.
No wonder they are disillusioned. They know it's not working on the pitch most of the time. They know that they are not being given the right coaching or instructions.
Someone mentioned him coaching Fred to become a better player. ffs he is a Brazilian International who went to the WC and was playing a prominent part for his club in Russia and took time to get used to the PL.
Now someone will give him credit for discovering Bruno Fernandes.

reddevilchennai

More than half of CAF thinks he is incompetent. Half the non United pundits think he is incompetent. Just think of the players who have to play under him and are losing the tactical battle to teams below United.
No wonder they are disillusioned. They know it's not working on the pitch most of the time. They know that they are not being given the right coaching or instructions.
Someone mentioned him coaching Fred to become a better player. ffs he is a Brazilian International who went to the WC and was playing a prominent part for his club in Russia and took time to get used to the PL.
That is the problem with blind supporters of Ole.
They say he improved Rashford. Rashford still has to improve on his decision making and many times he tries to shoot when he has better players to pass the ball.
They say he improved Fred. Fred took his time to adjust to the intensity of PL, which he himself has said in a recent interview.

Their next point is team is improving and he needs time like Fergie. The table shows the team is not improving.
The football is not pleasing to watch.

Tactically Ole is as bas as Moyes. He is not fit for United. The sooner the club realises this the better it is.

mu4c_20le

Are you the tea lady by any chance?

ReddBalls

More than half of Caf IS incompetent (that includes both Ole-ins and Ole-outs).
Half (or more) of the pundits ARE incompetent, and their job is mainly to provide entertainment via debate.
There is no indication what so ever that the players are disillusioned. Everything indicates that the play for the manager.
Fred is playing well in Uniteds system, that's to OGS' credit. There are loads of internationals that doesn't work out. Darmian being an obvious example.
If you think that recruitment is about discovering unknown entities, you're wrong. It is about recruiting the people that fit your organization.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
One thing I do love about Ole is his toughness and resilience under pressure.

I love that he doesn’t back down under pressure and that he has a nasty streak of he thinks anyone is being particularly unfair.

I would like to think he is playing nice with the likes of Raiola because he knows what he is doing to clean up that mess too, if indeed, he sticks around.

There are many things I worry about, but I really like that he can be tough and direct when he wants to be. That’s the stuff of a leader, even if the jury is still out on him as a coach.

I would hope that if he does stay, he improves his coaching staff to better implement a style to break down weaker teams.

There is nothing wrong with the attitude of the players though and he has certainly cleaned things up in regards to that issue.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Pereira at CM, Mata, Lingard up front, with Dalot and Lindelof - our worst two defenders - down the right. I'm not a fan of his thinking here.

binary bot
Some of our worst performances this season can be directly connected to Ole's bizarre as feck lineups

hobbers

"How to undo all the momentum every time you unexpectedly win a match", a textbook written by Ole Solskjaer.

bonothom

Solskjaer moaning about 7 games in 21 days when they've just had 2 weeks off. Pathetic.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Generally I think the backlash against Ole is overblown and have more faith in him than most, but playing all three of Mata, Pereira and Lingard when you have other options is pretty much a sackable offence on its own.

Generally I think the backlash against Ole is overblown and have more faith in him than most, but playing all three of Mata, Pereira and Lingard when you have other options is pretty much a sackable offence on its own.
He's a mad fecker is Ole, it's as though he knows the likes of Maguire, Fernandes & Martial will be flying after Chelsea, with their confidence sky high and he thinks.... I'll have none of that you feckers, stay on your toes and deal with this shit.

Andersonson

Who should he play? And who should play in the weekend? And next, and next? Do you know how many game we have in 20 days?

el3mel

Not watching, but if it ends 1-1 while resting some players there'll be no reason to complain tbf.

DoomSlayer

7 games in 21 days you mean. Which is true. We do need to rotate or we're dead. It's a shame our back up players are not on par right now.
It's also a shame that we have the likes of Pogba, Rashford, McTominay, Greenwood and Tuanzebe unavailable.

One midfielder and one attacker of those would make us so much better.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
3-1-4-2, with the 4 all being wide?

For sure the quality isn't great, and Willians and Dalot are having stinkers even below their usual level, but he needs to take responsibility for the clusterfeck in midfield. Matic by himself, 3 attackers in front of him with no defined shape, is not going to create passing options even for better players. Ok, Fred needs rest, then swallow the pill and put Pereira alongside Matic.

This nonsensical formation means that we're down to effectively 1 centreback since the 2 on the side keep coming forward to create passing options, and was probably why it looked so chaotic for the goal. It's also why passing moves are breaking down so often.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Performances like tonight go to show how much work this squad needs.

Ole might not be the best manager in existence, but the tools he has to work with are making life that much more difficult. You have to expect the team performance to drop when you're forced to play the likes of Lingard, Mata and Periera in the starting 11.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
No it just means he spent 130M on defenders last summer and until recently had to make do with Lingard, Pereira and a well past expiry date Mata as the creative outlets in attack.
Yeah, if only we had a striker who scored goals for fun against shit opposition. :rolleyes:

Shark

@NotShark
His inability to see that Lingard and Pereira aren’t and never will be anything more than below championship level footballers when you put them on the field, is one of the most worrying things. The two of them have literally never played well under him and never will because they’re utter dogshit. While I understand that he has injuries and needs to rest players, why not give some youngsters an opportunity.

90 + 5min

Ole's options beyond our best starting 11 are extremely limited, though. Even more so with our most influential players Pogba, Mctominay and Rashford being unavailable.
I don’t understand why this is hard for people to understand? They really see football as Football Manager or FIFA2020 and love to hate.

L1nk

I don’t understand why this is hard for people to understand? They really see football as Football Manager or FIFA2020 and love to hate.
Squad, thin as it is, is not worse than Brugge, Sheffield, Newcastle etc. People can't understand this either.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
For feck sakes. We're playing some shit team from the Belgian league. Under LvG, we put 5 past them.

Status
Not open for further replies.