Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
The most fun part this weak on Caf for me was during Spurs-Leipzig game when lots of posters said ; "Thank God that we don't watch this shit football anymore". Oh, the irony there

Shark

@NotShark
It was a gamble. It paid off. If we beat Watford on Sunday it's been an excellent week
I’d say it paid off if we actually won the match. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Brugge cause Ole problems at OT.

90 + 5min

Sometimes this forum feels darker and more negative then Mordor. As if Sauron has taken over and producing hate after hate.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Was thinking the same thing while watching it. Lingard, Pereira, Mata, Dalot. I'm not even sure they'd get in the Brugge side
They are brilliant players who should be tearing apart any opposition in Europe away from home.

It's baffling that after years of watching us in Europe even under SAF people still think these away games are easy.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
it will have, sure. I just think we don't need to play it too safe at the moment. Fred and Bruno are very fit players, and playing Limgard, Mata and Pereira together is asking for trouble.

Thankfully, Martial bailed us out again, though.
This is where a manager cant win. What if a key player had gotten injured tonight? Or if the team looked leggy against Watford and lost? The criticism would be endless.

People keep saying this is a results business. We got a result - and a few players got the night off. It's all good

mu4c_20le

I’d say it paid off if we actually won the match. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Brugge cause Ole problems at OT.
I can't see them scoring again, Romero gifted them their goal. They did have a few chances, but normally we are pretty solid at the back.

edgecutter

Our main issue is still a lack of creativity and that still continues regardless of the opposition. Our chance was assisted by a brugge player today and we will continue to see poor football again at the weekend. How some supporters still have hope that we will finish in the top 4 with this guy baffles me.

LJJT

If we look fresh and win Sunday tonight’s side was a good decision. I think we will play a stronger team next Thursday and hopefully get the game won in 70 mins or so all being well. Don’t think we need to play 5 at the back though

Roboc7

Was thinking the same thing while watching it. Lingard, Pereira, Mata, Dalot. I'm not even sure they'd get in the Brugge side
They’d probably struggle but I doubt Ole would get the managers job at Brugge. We are suffering from having a sub standard manager as well as players.

Yagami

Good post resistant
This is where a manager cant win. What if a key player had gotten injured tonight? Or if the team looked leggy against Watford and lost? The criticism would be endless.

People keep saying this is a results business. We got a result - and a few players got the night off. It's all good
This is true. It's risky either way. It comes with the job, though.

We were very fortunate Martial forced a mistake tonight because we didn't create one chance through good team play ourselves, which wasn't surprising given the 11.

crossy1686

career ending
Predictably drab affair, 1-1 isn't the worst result though and I expect Utd to get the job done in the next leg of the tie.

To those saying that this game should mean his sacking - get a grip!

OGS plays crap footy, this is a given at this point. His in game management is crap, this is a given at this point.

What were you expecting from this game!? Europa away games are often drab affairs, and this Utd side and manager aren't exactly known for sparkling footy and excitement.

There are games and results that Ole deserves to've been sacked after - this isn't one of them.

He's a dull, crap manager who plays dull, drab footy, but a 1-1 away draw in the Europa isn't a bad result, let alone a sackable one.
Was not expecting this from you of all people mate!

But you're right though, this lot also drew away at the Bernabeu also. Some people are overreacting to a decent result and an away goal, probably could have won in the end.

AshRK

I worry where is the quality going to come. Rashford is out for a foreseeable future, Pogba has gone AWOL. Bruno alone cannot carry this attack. Lack of quality is a real worry for me.

pascell

If we look fresh and win Sunday tonight’s side was a good decision. I think we will play a stronger team next Thursday and hopefully get the game won in 70 mins or so all being well. Don’t think we need to play 5 at the back though
I'm not sure we will play a stronger team as the game after the 2nd leg is Everton away, we all know what happened there last season.

LJJT

I'm not sure we will play a stronger team as the game after the 2nd leg is Everton away, we all know what happened there last season.
Understand what you mean but 2nd leg vs Brugge is must win, there’s no second chances in that one.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Was not expecting this from you of all people mate!

But you're right though, this lot also drew away at the Bernabeu also. Some people are overreacting to a decent result and an away goal, probably could have won in the end.
To be fair, I've actually often stated that he doesn't deserve flack after defeats / draws!

My overall point is slightly more complex though... I believe he should've been sacked ages ago, thus I'm now essentially viewing his tenure through the lens of basically zero standards that Woodward / Glazers have created.

So my stance is more or less, 'IF Solskjaer is Utd manager, this is what you have to expect'. Rather than, 'let's support Solskjaer because I think he should be Utd manager'.

And as I've always maintained, I don't dislike Solskjaer - just as I didn't dislike Mourinho or LvG, even Moyes I no doubt would've liked if he'd been a good enough manager!

I think for me, post-Fergie, I've gradually become less and less personally connected to managers and players - all I really care about is good footy and trophies.

I have no interest in the personality of these people, so long as they're not hurting innocent people etc.

Thus I've no problem with Mourinho - came here, won trophies, meltdown, left. Cheers, good luck to him. That's my stance.

And that's why while I have no dislike of Solskjaer, I also have no overt liking of him, or any interest in connecting his achievements as a player at Utd to his time now managing Utd.

TrustInOle

No, but i'd consider it a lot easier than Everton away.

Really extraordinary thinking that there are more opportune times to rest players than others. Especially coming off the back of a winter break.

I mean id understand if we'd left Bruno at home. But we brought him the whole way to Belgium.
Tbf to Ole, bringing Bruno on almost won us the game if Mata could have timed his run better.

el3mel

Again I didn't watch the match, but good result and we rested few players apparently so why not. Will take it. Hardly anything to complain.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Bit annoyed that we are dicking around without a Director of Football when clubs like Ajax (clearly amazing and consistently better than us) are consistently embarrassing clubs in Europe.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Bit annoyed that we are dicking around without a Director of Football when clubs like Ajax (clearly amazing and consistently better than us) are consistently embarrassing clubs in Europe.
I'm not sure about that one, Getafe are one of the best teams in Spain this season. On form they were favorites against Ajax.

DON’T PANIC ™

Didn’t see the match, but fed up with the result. Can’t believe the line up after the winter break. Ole should’ve played our strongest team and put the tie to bed early then rest players for the 2nd leg when the job is done!
Continuing to have faith in players like Perreira and Lingard shows how inept Ole is.

RollieOle

Didn’t see the match, but fed up with the result. Can’t believe the line up after the winter break. Ole should’ve played our strongest team and put the tie to bed early then rest players for the 2nd leg when the job is done!
Continuing to have faith in players like Perreira and Lingard shows how inept Ole is.
Yeah, why cant we play the strongest squad every week? Players dont ever get tired or injured.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Why do people keep harping on about this?

Ole isn't playing the likes of Periera, Mata, and Lingard for their ability to influence a football match, he's playing them because he has no alternative options in the positions they occupy.

Møllemanden

Why do people keep harping on about this?

Ole isn't playing the likes of Periera, Mata, and Lingard for their ability to influence a football match, he's playing them because he has no alternative options in the positions they occupy.
I agree 100%. It's so annoying. Also, come sunday it's been two weeks since Watfords last game. We've already had two games this week. It makes total sense that Ole fielded a stronger team vs. Chelsea, and let Andreas and Jesse play in this one. Even though the result is not perfect, it's advantage United. Stop moaning please. No one can play every f*ckin' game.

Shark

@NotShark
I agree 100%. It's so annoying. Also, come sunday it's been two weeks since Watfords last game. We've already had two games this week. It makes total sense that Ole fielded a stronger team vs. Chelsea, and let Andreas and Jesse play in this one. Even though the result is not perfect, it's advantage United. Stop moaning please. No one can play every f*ckin' game.
Except for Rashford.

James Ward

Would of taking a 1-1 draw before the game to be honest with that team we had out. Not a bad result.

If we get a box to box midfielder, RW and CF in the summer i think we are on the right path.

Mainoldo

You don’t even know any of the Brugge players though.

How many internationals they have? Who’s there best player? What‘s the name of their manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.