Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxbatt

For the life of me I cannot understand why our two full backs have to get to the byline to put in a cross? One would think with forwards like Martial, Rashford and Greenwood the earlier the pass is played the better chance they would have to get into the spaces behind the opposing CBs.
All AWB and Brandon has to be taught is to play that pass into the open space instead trying to play in inside to Pogba or Bruno or Matic. Tactically we have been very naive and basic. Yes he is going to be here next season for sure. From what I have seen of him, in my opinion is not a top class coach. He may be a top Manager but he is not a top class coach.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
His bosses are going to feck him over. You can see it.
Certainly feels like calm before the storm. They better realise that the only reason there is harmony surrounding the club right now is because of the manager's rebuilding process, how he has stabilised the situation and cleared up the mess left by them over the last 6-7 years. He's basically the only person saving them from severe scrutiny. If they feck him over this window and we have an underwhelming season, things are going to get really ugly for them. Yes fans will say the manager is out of the depth at first but the moment they sack him all eyes will turn towards them. To continue the storm analogy, it will be like removing the lightning rod from the top of your fragile building in the middle of thunderstorm season.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Kicking off won't help anyone.
Yep, true. But the owners will definitely prefer someone they know won’t make a fuss. They will have likely factored in Ole being a ‘yes man’ when giving him a deal and that in itself is worrying.

devips

Yep, true. But the owners will definitely prefer someone they know won’t make a fuss. They will have likely factored in Ole being a ‘yes man’ when giving him a deal and that in itself is worrying.
The "make a fuss" guys - Mourinho, Van Gaal - have been so amazing for us, no?

arthurka

I talked about this in the Ed Woodward thread it's clear that is what is happening. Even Arsenal is working on strengthening their squad we aren't even selling our junk, nothing is happening. This should be already in motion right after the end I sadly have the feeling that the owners and Ed are fully aware and happy with how things are going. This is the only thing that matters Utd getting CL money and Ole got that for them.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Historically in the “Woodward Era” we spend bigger when we finish outside the top 4. We spent £150m in 2014 & 2016 but look at our spending in 2018 the summer after we finished 2nd. Top 4 is the goal for our board sadly, so we won’t be spending much this summer. City spent nearly £300m in Pep’s second season & won the league with a record points tally. The most we have ever spent is £150m. The ambition just isn’t there from this board.

I think Ole will he given about £50m this window. Hence the Badoshille & Brooks links.

anant

If Ole gets sacked because of the failings of Woody, people wouldn't support the decision. People supported Mou's sacking because people were fed up of him abusing the players and the club and fans and the style. Add to that, his signings were hopeless and everyone knew that the team he's building is not sustainable in the long term, when you consider the age of most of our players.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

If Ole gets sacked because of the failings of Woody, people wouldn't support the decision. People supported Mou's sacking because people were fed up of him abusing the players and the club and fans and the style. Add to that, his signings were hopeless and everyone knew that the team he's building is not sustainable in the long term, when you consider the age of most of our players.
Woodward is just a Glazer puppet. If Ole isn’t backed its because the Glazers aren’t giving him the budget he needs. I don’t even like Woodward but it wouldn’t be his fault.

Strelok

Sadly he won’t kick off either.
That we don't know, I mean behind the scenes. He's just not the type who would kick things with the press I think. So we will never know.

Imo we'll sign some. So far Ed has showed that he did support managers until he lost faith in them. Which imo is not the case yet with Ole. But I don't have much hope for big signings, given the current financial climate.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
That we don't know, I mean behind the scenes. He's just not the type who would kick things with the press I think. So we will never know.
I hope he does stand his ground behind the scenes. I don’t think you need to whinge to the media to hold the board to account.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Maguire off field issues, AWB self-isolated, Pogba covid positive, Rashford ankle problems, both left backs injured, no transfers, Woodward chilling on the beaches of Bahamas. Seems like this autumn will be his first real test.

Paul_Scholes18

Maguire off field issues, AWB self-isolated, Pogba covid positive, Rashford ankle problems, both left backs injured, no transfers, Woodward chilling on the beaches of Bahamas. Seems like this autumn will be his first real test.
He is partly to be blamed for ruining the squad before we brought players in. Although I don't think he expected us to be so poor in the market.

Icemav

He is partly to be blamed for ruining the squad before we brought players in. Although I don't think he expected us to be so poor in the market.
I am sure Ole was under no illusions as to what he was stepping into. A bit of a shit show. He has the best interest of the club at heart I am sure and also no doubt healthy personal ambitions (though nothing excessive in this regard). With this in mind I wonder how he would react if he felt the CEO and owners were not being true to their word and handicapping the club. So far I think he has been quite happy with the relationship due to the out and in goings in the squad. If he felt this was no longer the case and progress was stalled, for reasons he didn't agree with, it would be interesting to see how he reacts.

Lots of IFs and BUTs there but really we have no idea who Ole was targetting during this window. If it was only Sancho then he might be slightly annoyed but perhaps understanding of the situation. If there were many more changes planned then that is a different story.

Ralph1386

Is this true? (serious question)

Lemansky

If he’s actually on holiday now then that is proper awful, be like Ole taking a holiday during match day 1 or 2.
He surely has a phone and a laptop on vacation. Going by some on here he is fully isolated from everyone and everything when on vacation.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
He surely has a phone and a laptop on vacation. Going by some on here he is fully isolated from everyone and everything when on vacation.
I mean, it doesn’t seem overly promising about getting deals over the line though, does it? :lol:

Lemansky

I mean, it doesn’t seem overly promising about getting deals over the line though, does it? :lol:
I don’t know. But Woodward on vacation is not the biggest problem. It’s our valuations and the selling clubs valuations. Don’t underestimate the Glazers role in this. I reckon they are more hands on when it comes to big deals than reported.

el3mel

Why the thread title changed instead of opening a new one like the rest ? This will explode in terms of number of pages with this rate.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Bit weird if you think ed didnt support ole.

The man gave him the job, time and patience and during Ole lowest point he sti sanctioned bruno purchases which pays off big time.

Ed is many things but he got Ole back

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Why are you assuming it's a statement?
Because James is not as good as Greenwood. Ole might want to say that his rotation option isn’t as strong as it should be and tell the board that we need a right winger like Sancho instead of James. Our good form came when Ole started playing MMM. Not sure why he will leave out one of the M for J.
I mean he’s clearly explained why? Greenwood isn’t fit enough it seems.
Why isn’t he fit? Wasn’t he called up for England recently? Did he get an injury recently or did those Icelandic girls poison him with some kind of fitness potion?

Zoo

First game of the season hasn’t even started and the agenda posters are out in force.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Because James is not as good as Greenwood. Ole might want to say that his rotation option isn’t as strong as it should be and tell the board that we need a right winger like Sancho instead of James. Our good form came when Ole started playing MMM. Not sure why he will leave out one of the M for J.

Why isn’t he fit? Wasn’t he called up for England recently? Did he get an injury recently or did those Icelandic girls poison him with some kind of fitness potion?
I assume because he then had a break and hasn’t trained with the team very much? I’m pretty sure he said, it’s pretty unique circumstances and if ole doesn’t think he’s ready for 90 then I trust him.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Bit weird if you think ed didnt support ole.

The man gave him the job, time and patience and during Ole lowest point he sti sanctioned bruno purchases which pays off big time.

Ed is many things but he got Ole back
Of course, because Ole likes bringing through youth players but you still have to spend money. They love Ole because the youth can save the glazers lots of money.....but these people including Ed need to understand the club that they're part of. I don't think they do. If we bring Sancho in? Fair enough but the way they do business sucks. We should have had Bruno in the summer. They're tighter then a ducks arse. They only respond when the fans put pressure on them.

macheda14

He had to train by himself for two weeks PLUS Ole didn’t want him going with England and he needed a rest.

arthurka

Greenwood and AWB were absolute tools this summer so I think this is the right thing to do. Put these feckers in their places.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
I assume because he then had a break and hasn’t trained with the team very much? I’m pretty sure he said, it’s pretty unique circumstances and if ole doesn’t think he’s ready for 90 then I trust him.
Weird explanation. Many other England international did not have a break and went back to training. Anyway, maybe James put in a worldy and shows that we don’t need Sancho. Anything can happen and a real conclusion can be made after the game.
He had to train by himself for two weeks PLUS Ole didn’t want him going with England and he needed a rest.
Don’t get why he needs a rest. He isn’t Giggs at 40. It seems like poor squad management is at play.

JPB

He's taking the fecking piss. Why is Smalling not even on the bench?

Status
Not open for further replies.