Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herschel Krustofsky

Supports
Balanced perspectives
It's a building process, and we're in a good moment right now but...

We could easily go on a bad run.

Citeh are gathering a head of steam and played us off the park a few weeks ago.

The dippers aren't buried just yet.

Let's play the long game, I'm 100% behind ole and his mgmt team. Let's not go nuts if it goes wrong though

sport2793

It might be a cracking team on paper, but a number of those players are woefully out of form and they hadn’t won against a proper team in a while before today. It would have been disappointing to lose to them the way they are playing.

I hope it does provide a mental lift, but a win over Liverpool at the moment isn’t the same. Players need to keep focused and feet firmly on the ground because there will be games ahead with players and teams in far better form than the one they played today.
Having watched the game just now with no emotion I have to say you are extremely wrong. United got Liverpool's best shot today, the latter being a team that definitely went all out and tried to make a statement. The only team that can play as good or better than the version we saw from Liverpool today in England is City so the idea that there are teams and players out there that are going to play much better is a ridiculous statement and quite frankly, shows a lack of knowledge for the game.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Having watched the game just now with no emotion I have to say you are extremely wrong. United got Liverpool's best shot today, the latter being a team that definitely went all out and tried to make a statement. The only team that can play as good or better than the version we saw from Liverpool today in England is City so the idea that there are teams and players out there that are going to play much better is a ridiculous statement and quite frankly, shows a lack of knowledge for the game.
Ridiculous is a post like this that attacks an opinion and the poster for seeing something different than yourself. Lack of knowledge for the game? Look at Liverpool’s recent run and then look at some of the chances for the goals again. Williams was terrible and form isn’t a switch you can just turn off and on.

It was a game against two good sides, but they have just lost to Burnley at home after a very poor run. They are just not the same beast at the moment. I am delighted, but there will be harder games and more important games to come.

Their best shot at the moment isn’t the same as it has been previously. There are a few teams in great form at the moment and the team needs to be ready for them.

The fact is, Liverpool could be as low as 7th in the table after all the games in hand have been played. They are out of both domestic cups too. So, to suggest that there aren’t other teams in better form is the ridiculous notion. Some would say it shows a lack of knowledge for the game.

sport2793

Ridiculous is a post like this that attacks an opinion and the poster for seeing something different than yourself. Lack of knowledge for the game? Look at Liverpool’s recent run and then look at some of the chances for the goals again. Williams was terrible and form isn’t a switch you can just turn off and on.

It was a game against two good sides, but they have just lost to Burnley at home after a very poor run. They are just not the same beast at the moment. I am delighted, but there will be harder games and more important games to come.

Their best shot at the moment isn’t the same as it has been previously. There are a few teams in great form at the moment and the team needs to be ready for them.

The fact is, Liverpool could be as low as 7th in the table after all the games in hand have been played. They are out of both domestic cups too. So, to suggest that there aren’t other teams in better form is the ridiculous notion. Some would say it shows a lack of knowledge for the game.
The reason I don't take your view seriously is because you haven't named a single team apart from City that can play better than Liverpool today in England. Go for it, I'm waiting.

meamth

What a journey so far.

From playing Football manager, to United legend, to beating Klopp in the FA Cup with his favorite team.

More of this, Ole.

Olecurls99

It might be a cracking team on paper, but a number of those players are woefully out of form and they hadn’t won against a proper team in a while before today. It would have been disappointing to lose to them the way they are playing.

I hope it does provide a mental lift, but a win over Liverpool at the moment isn’t the same. Players need to keep focused and feet firmly on the ground because there will be games ahead with players and teams in far better form than the one they played today.
I couldn't see many players out of form. Firmino had 2 assists, Salah 2 goals. Everyone for them played quite well apart from the lad at the back. I don't think you're giving us enough credit. This was a big bridge crossed by the team.

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
Ole deserves huge credit for the Pogba situation. The temptation would have been to instantly drop him after the fat man's comments, but Ole seems to have man managed the situation and actually got Pogba playing like the player we signed for the first time.

Zhagzi

Title race? And I'm the silly one?
It's nice to revisit some of the CAF'ers who said I was silly when implying we could have a good crack at the title race this season back in December when we got sent off to the Europa League and that it could help us focus on the PL.

Seriously, some of the posters here are so quick to judge a season, that especially this one, has the ability to change so quickly. I'm not saying we're looking like a side that could win it, cause we usually get rubber legs when it really matters like in a end-race around April-May. But we do look like a side that can go a very long way, which we haven't done for ages.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Unless we collapse in the 2nd half of the season (possible), Ole's earned the right to stop all the question marks and scrutinizing. United is a club that should go far in cups and compete for the title. If Ole does that, then that's all we can ask. Hopefully we get over the line too and win things, but you need luck for that final 5% a lot of times too and it'll come.

The United

Should just have played with the settled back 4. Switching 2 out of 4 was just asking for trouble.

If we want to rest, sub them later in the game. I think hopefully, Ole learnt that lesson.

Idxomer

It should be alarming to many that we have only won one game comfortably in the league this season.

This run of form was simply not sustainable with the way the team was playing, the loss today was long overdue.

Zoo

Needed to make the subs earlier and one of Fred or McTominay should have been on for their energy. I can’t believe he didn’t recognise that.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Got a little cocky trying to get away with a rest day for Fred and Shaw. Can't afford that when the likes of Telles are piss poor.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
How on earth do we keep conceding first against literally every team we play? Our defence... like do something about it. We're most likely going to finish miles behind City but we better sort our attack and defence out.

Zen86

Should just have played with the settled back 4. Switching 2 out of 4 was just asking for trouble.

If we want to rest, sub them later in the game. I think hopefully, Ole learnt that lesson.
Shaw needed a rest and this should’ve been the perfect time to give him that. I don’t know why we played Tuanzebe though.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
It should be alarming to many that we have only won one game comfortably in the league this season.

This run of form was simply not sustainable with the way the team was playing, the loss today was long overdue.
Yeah, this. We rely far too much on moments of individual quality.

The United

Shaw needed a rest and this should’ve been the perfect time to give him that. I don’t know why we played Tuanzebe though.
As I said, better risk players than games.

I mean Shaw might get a knock just walking to the dressing room. And, we could just sub him later in the game if we are comfortable.

dove

Luck finally ran out, been long time coming. I'm sorry but his in game management is fecking shite. I cannot comprehend how somebody being a brilliant sub himself and spending more than 10 years playing for the manager who is notoriously known for his ability to change games using subs, tries to avoid making subs as if he is getting his arse kicked for every sub he makes. We don't play well either, our league position doesn't reflect our performance levels at all. I honestly cannot remember the last time we had a solid performance throughout the game.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

I did fear this too, but we looked solid and I felt we just needed one the attacking players to click into some form, but it has not happened.

He does need to stop messing with the CB's now though, pick your partnership and stick to it.

That’s fine for 50 minutes.

Doing feck all about it for 82 minutes puts this defeat, along with that horror show in Germany and the PSG (Fred red) firmly on him. 3 games where I consider him personally responsible for enormous feck ups.

Oh well.

spiriticon

Sorry but you can't be losing to Sheffield United at home, Ole

You just can't.

I'm still beside myself

Zen86

As I said, better risk players than games.

I mean Shaw might get a knock just walking to the dressing room. And, we could just sub him later in the game if we are comfortable.
Rotation is necessary as the same players cannot play every game, certainly a player like Shaw who’s no spring chicken in a season with unprecedented fixture congestion. We’ve got bigger problems if we can’t cope without him for Sheffield United at home.

PoTMS

The results were hiding incompetent performances. Up until today. I just hope the wheels don't fall off here.

In truth, nothing has changed in that I still don't think Ole isn't good enough and despite being top of the table for 10 days, we will revert to form and go back to the slog for top 4. That's not a slight on Ole because he's done well to take us this far but we could do better.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
It's difficult to blame Ole for this, but when every single one of your player is playing like shit then ultimately it's the manager who gets the blame.

UDontMessWith24

Needed to exert some authority and give the players a dressing down. If he can’t do that he’ll never win a title.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Had a shocker tonight from the team selection (which tbf should have been good enough regardless) to the lack of subs (again)

Awful

Status
Not open for further replies.