Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eriku

You’re right. Typing in my name looking for embarrassing posts would give you nothing.

here’s some more of yours though.
:lol:

Oh god, so much consistent exaggerated bullshit. It really is quite impressive that someone can post that shit in all seriousness, and then months later, when it’s clear how wrong he was, doesn’t even try to walk it back at all. Is Sasha Baron Cohen sock puppeting the shit out of this forum?

Mainoldo

You haven't answer the question, why is it relevant to the original post to say Pep deserves it?

KDB, Dias, Gundogan, Ederson, Sterling are world class and would get into our starting XI with no questionable. You can name at least 7 out of 11 of Man City XI players would get into our XI and in additional they also have much better squad depth than us.
The other names are not world class. They are very good but if they played for us they wouldn’t look world class, because they aren’t.

I said he deserves them because we have talent as good as these ‘world class’ players you named but we tend to prefer Scott McTominay, Fred and Dan James instead. Probably why you think we don’t have good players.

Withnail

:lol:

Oh god, so much consistent exaggerated bullshit. It really is quite impressive that someone can post that shit in all seriousness, and then months later, when it’s clear how wrong he was, doesn’t even try to walk it back at all. Is Sasha Baron Cohen sock puppeting the shit out of this forum?
He'll never been drawn into an actual discussion, that one. I've learned that attempting to engage is a fruitless endeavour.

Eriku

He'll never been drawn into an actual discussion, that one. I've learned that attempting to engage is a fruitless endeavour.
Same. Ignore is kinda useless though, as I have a perverse desire to see what he’s posting this time ;(

Matriac

Long ago I told him to jog on since he wouldn't take the bet against me so I put him on ignore.

Foxbatt

When we win it's always good and credit to the manager. When we lose when we have bad tactics then it's on the manager too. We have lost or not won some games when it's not due to bad tactics. It's down to the players then.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
The other names are not world class. They are very good but if they played for us they wouldn’t look world class, because they aren’t.

I said he deserves them because we have talent as good as these ‘world class’ players you named but we tend to prefer Scott McTominay, Fred and Dan James instead. Probably why you think we don’t have good players.
They are and their whole squad are better than what we are currently have.

Again, how is Pep deserves them is relevant to us having 'talent' as good as these 'world class'? Talent means potential, it is different to the current level. Pep players already in much mature aged, at their age, they have reached their potential. While lot of our players are still in much younger age like Greenwood, Diallo, Rashford, McTominay, VDB, Bissaka and etc. Development takes time, a baby don't turn into a fine man in one year. Our players have been well developed under Ole and are keep improving every year.

Matriac

When we win it's always good and credit to the manager. When we lose when we have bad tactics then it's on the manager too. We have lost or not won some games when it's not due to bad tactics. It's down to the players then.

But who decides if it was bad tactics? The average fan on here?

Like today there were so many complaints on here at half time. Sure, we did not look super strong first half, but it wasn't that bad away in an elimination match, there was still another full half to consider against what was the second strongest team left in the tournament.

Jaxa

I really want to see Ole with a better squad,

I genuinely believe he can take us to a title but my god he's working with some really awful footballer players out here, his strikers strikers couldn't score in a brothel currently and his midfielders can barely string a pass together, yet we are 2nd in the league and through to the quarters in a European competition, fair play, he gets a lot of stick when it's bad and rightfully so in most occasions but he's going some great bits too,

If this club does not back him this summer then we may as well all give up now, this will be an extremely telling tale this next transfer window of how much ambition this club truly have, i won't hold my breath but if they get Ole the players he wants and what this team needs then we are going places.

Mainoldo

They are and they are better than what we are currently have.

Again, how is Pep deserves them is relevant to us having 'talent' as good as these 'world class'? Talent means potential, it is different to the current level. Pep players already in much mature aged, at their age, they have reached their potential. While lot of our players are still in much younger age like Greenwood, Diallo, Rashford, McTominay, VDB and etc. Development takes time, a baby don't turn into a fine man in one year. Our players have been well developed under Ole and are keep improving every year.
That’s a totally different argument though. The City players didn’t just turn good yesterday they’ve been good for a while. It’s a naturally trajectory to just watch these players improve. Sterling and KDB are good examples. However you have to have the ‘talent’. Giving the platform for VBD to improve is allot more fruitful than giving it to Scott McTominay and they moaning about overall quality. Every scenario is different.. that’s just life. But if you have talent you have to use it appropriately not have them sitting on the bench not getting minutes. We pick hard work over talent currently and I never knew they was inclusive.

Mainoldo

Remember when I said Pogba was our best player ;)

I engage when the conversation aren’t filled with anger and aggression.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Remember that hateful game against Leipzig when we lost 3:2? We've lost 2 games since then in all competitions, one of whom was Sheffield fecking United. :lol:

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!

Is it because of Paul Pogba that we’re not in the relegation zone, your previous posts quoted seemed to make out you were pretty adamant we’d get relegated

Mainoldo

Is it because of Paul Pogba that we’re not in the relegation zone, your previous posts quoted seemed to make out you were pretty adamant we’d get relegated
I know. I don’t know why I doubted Paul Labile.. but to be fair. He did get a little help from Bruno. Like Batman and Robin.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
That’s a totally different argument though. The City players didn’t just turn good yesterday they’ve been good for a while. It’s a naturally trajectory to just watch these players improve. Sterling and KDB are good examples. However you have to have the ‘talent’. Giving the platform for VBD to improve is allot more fruitful than giving it to Scott McTominay and they moaning about overall quality. Every scenario is different.. that’s just life. But if you have talent you have to use it appropriately not have them sitting on the bench not getting minutes. We pick hard work over talent currently and I never knew they was inclusive.
That's why I asked why Pep deserves them is relevant to the original post and now you are saying it's different argument, so it's irrelevant!

Pep has been Man City manager for 5 years so of course those players show more improvement because 5 years is a hell of long years to develop and improve players and their players are finally in their prime age. While Ole has only been a manager with his players in around 2 years.

What a joke, criticising manager who has shorter period of time to develop and improve much younger players. Our players are well developed and keep improving every years since Ole took in charged and it's natural to say they still haven't reach their full potential because they are still young and under 25 years old like Rashford, VDB, Bissaka and etc. You look at Shaw for example when he was 23 under Ole as non-full season manager he won our POTS last season, improving last season at 24 and now he is 25 turning into one of the best left back in the league. The others who are still under 25 can follow the similar path.

Withnail

Well you don't really at all. You change the subject, move the goal posts, throw in non-sequitors and basically muddy the water at every given opportunity.

You seem likeable enough and it's always good humored but I've found discussions with you to be like trying to eat soup with a fork.

Matriac

Ibrahimovic said post-game that United is a better team now than when he was with us. Including that heralded 81 point season.

laughtersassassin

Win us this trophy Ole, we need it. We have a chance at real progress this summer.

Keep Pogba, and go all out for a top CDM and Attacker.

Then we have a squad that is getting there.

Raven

Well you don't really at all. You change the subject, move the goal posts, throw in non-sequitors and basically muddy the water at every given opportunity.

You seem likeable enough and it's always good humored but I've found discussions with you to be like trying to eat soup with a fork.
I like that :lol:

Paul_Scholes18

Win us this trophy Ole, we need it. We have a chance at real progress this summer.

Keep Pogba, and go all out for a top CDM and Attacker.

Then we have a squad that is getting there.
I think if we get Haaland and keep Pogba then we have a good chance to win the title.

Just probably not under Ole as he plays for the draw too often in big games.

Although if he can get a long purple patch it might be enough. Granted we need City to drop down a level again. Maybe fans could help with that since City do have fairly weak support.

always_hoping

Since that awful defeat to Sheffield United which included woeful officiating in the loss.

Played 14 games in all competitions, zero defeats and just 6 goals conceded.

Kag

I really want to see Ole with a better squad,

I genuinely believe he can take us to a title but my god he's working with some really awful footballer players out here, his strikers strikers couldn't score in a brothel currently and his midfielders can barely string a pass together, yet we are 2nd in the league and through to the quarters in a European competition, fair play, he gets a lot of stick when it's bad and rightfully so in most occasions but he's going some great bits too,

If this club does not back him this summer then we may as well all give up now, this will be an extremely telling tale this next transfer window of how much ambition this club truly have, i won't hold my breath but if they get Ole the players he wants and what this team needs then we are going places.
This is roughly where I stand, too. We need investment.

Foxbatt

But who decides if it was bad tactics? The average fan on here?

Like today there were so many complaints on here at half time. Sure, we did not look super strong first half, but it wasn't that bad away in an elimination match, there was still another full half to consider against what was the second strongest team left in the tournament.
Not at all. All the fans never see the same picture. Today even Shaw said it was a bad first half after a good 10 minutes. Tactics is not fully utilizing the players he had available. There were games when Ole could have changed things when it was not working. Today he took off Rashford and put Pogba in and it worked. If he had kept on Rashford and we do not win then it is due to bad tactics. There were times, when players are dead on their feet and the opposing teams bring on fresh legs and it worked for them while Ole did not bring changes.

Mainoldo

That's why I asked why Pep deserves them is relevant to the original post and now you are saying it's different argument, so it's irrelevant!

Pep has been Man City manager for 5 years so of course those players show more improvement because 5 years is a hell of long years to develop and improve players and their players are finally in their prime age. While Ole has only been a manager with his players in around 2 years.

What a joke, criticising manager who has shorter period of time to develop and improve much younger players. Our players are well developed and keep improving every years since Ole took in charged and it's natural to say they still haven't reach their full potential because they are still young and under 25 years old like Rashford, VDB, Bissaka and etc. You look at Shaw for example when he was 23 under Ole as non-full season manager he won our POTS last season, improving last season at 24 and now he is 25 turning into one of the best left back in the league. The others who are still under 25 can follow the similar path.
Pep has won 6 trophies in those 5 years. I don’t think it was a time and development issue.

But you can go with that argument if you want.

Mainoldo

You wouldn’t get “humbled” if you found yourself 30 cm up your own ass. And you are still looking, I see.. Please tell me that you are in a decent job with that level of arrogance and lack of fotball exerience. There are so many posters on here giving them self away. But you some how seem lost up your own anus. Without any experience on the ground. It’s sofa “mushing”, isn’t it?
Sounds very personal. Would you like to meet me or something?

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
The people still moaning about subs and tactics in this thread even while we’re winning and controlling matches are starting to become hilarious.

it used to frustrate me, now you just come across as armchair coaches with no idea but just like a moan, it’s funny.

Rossa

You wouldn’t get “humbled” if you found yourself 30 cm up your own ass. And you are still looking, I see.. Please tell me that you are in a decent job with that level of arrogance and lack of fotball exerience. There are so many posters on here giving them self away. But you some how seem lost up your own anus. Without any experience on the ground. It’s sofa “mushing”, isn’t it?
Good luck with the newbie thing - attack the post, not the poster, etc. Sad thing is, it wasn't even a funny rant.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Our record in cups under Ole:

18/19 FA Cup - QF - Beat Arsenal and Chelsea
18/19 CL - QF - Beat PSG

19/20 LC - Semis - Beat Chelsea
19/20 FA Cup - Semis
19/20 EL - Semis

20/21 LC - Semis - Beat Everton
20/21 FA Cup - QF* - Beat Pool and WHU
20/21 CL -GS
20/21 EL -QF* - Beat Sociedad and Milan

The consistency in cup competitions under Ole is fantastic. When was the last time when we reached 8 QFs in three seasons? You can go on about not winning a title yet, but I think it'd be stupid to doubt progress we've made especially when you add the league position to these seasons

Flexdegea

You’re right. Typing in my name looking for embarrassing posts would give you nothing.

here’s some more of yours though.

His back catalog of posts about Ole are horrendous.

With that sort of record you think he just stop posting about him, but here we are :lol:

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Pep has won 6 trophies in those 5 years. I don’t think it was a time and development issue.

But you can go with that argument if you want.
Of course the time and development were not an issue because when he joined he already had the prime KDB, Aguero, Silva, Kompany, Fernandinho at the club. 5 already top top players who end up as his most important players in his system. Completely different to what Ole had.

Mainoldo

Of course the time and development were not an issue because when he joined he already had the prime KDB, Aguero, Silva, Kompany, Fernandinho at the club. 5 already top top players who end up as his most important players in his system. Completely different to what Ole had.
Okay. We are just going back to the beginning. Let’s just give Pep credit for being able to build a team and make them Champions. Those same players finished equal with us on points the year before he came in and they was lucky to achieve that. If we didn’t blow the West Ham game and they didn’t get lucky on the last day of the season again. They would have been 5th.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Okay. We are just going back to the beginning. Let’s just give Pep credit for being able to build a team and make them Champions. Those same players finished equal with us on points the year before he came in and they was lucky to achieve that. If we didn’t blow the West Ham game and they didn’t get lucky on the last day of the season again. They would have been 5th.
So why shouldn't you give credit to Ole due to the fact that our squad has been well built so far, well developed so far, and shown improvement to reach their potential then? Unlike Pep, Ole wasn't blessed with 5 already top top players with some PL winning league title experiences when he joined. Unlike Pep, Ole hasn't got 5 years time to develop his non top players and his young players to his full potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.