Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

el3mel

His football is shit but at least he should have this trophy under his name as our manager. I can't imagine any possible way in which we don't win this competition. If we bottled this I doubt we will anything else under him, so yeah, I'll live with this crap football as long as he wins this competition for now.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
His football is shit but at least he should have this trophy under his name as our manager. I can't imagine any possible way in which we don't win this competition. If we bottled this I doubt we will anything else under him, so yeah, I'll live with this crap football as long as he wins this competition for now.
Hope you’re right and we win this, funny how things change as I’ve seen posters here say they have more chance of winning the lottery than united winning Europa. We have a cracking chance!

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
There is solution. Don't watch. Instead, there are clubs in Champions League you can watch on regular basis in their leagues to. It is ok, we will manage to go forward even without this negativity.
I love comments like this. Mate it's absolutely normal to be frustrated after another catastrophical display. We are manchester United and if you watch for only 8 years fair play you never seen this club to be so dominant and entertaining. I have nothing to say but being so shit in 60% of games relying on players to be in good mood to do something is certainly not good enough longterm and people can see it and they moan. Not every one has a sunshine in the heart and mind to praise little things. Some people devote a lot of time to support their favourite football club and it gives them this.. If we are so pragmatic then we should win it and I will say fair play but knowing us we might feck up again and this season would not only be dire for watching but without trophy again because of poor management.

So don't take away people's anger when they want to aspire to be the best or their club where it belongs but struggling to do so, they usually have more passion for the club then the ones which say it's okay to see a game like this. Manchester United is not only success, it's a tradition of entertainment, otherwise you can check flashscore and be happy or unhappy from results right? It's something we fans can be proud, whenever I hear my friends saying how shite we play I can't care less, because I stopped caring and because I know they are not even watching United games because we are simply unwatchable, it should be an "ad for football" not a museum football.

Mainoldo

As a fan, you could be more happy instead of attacking manager and the team for winning(!) 2-0 away against Granada who is 9th in the league.
I would be if I never had to sit down and watch that pile of **** we call football.

Paul_Scholes18

Hope you’re right and we win this, funny how things change as I’ve seen posters here say they have more chance of winning the lottery than united winning Europa. We have a cracking chance!
Yeah we should be clear favorites to win it. Villareal maybe the hardest team left. Although we are doing better vs Spanish teams this year.
Arsenal could be hard too and that one would hurt the most if we fail against them in the final.

OleBoiii

We were playing a Spanish team. In Spain. In the knockout stages.

Do people really expect us to show up with super exciting attacking football for these games? Even Fergie didn't do that(generally). We won 2-0 and never looked like conceding. Quit your whining.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Since start of March, we've played 8, won 5, drew 2 and lost 1. We've faced City, Leicester, Milan x2, WHU in this run. I mean if someone told me that we'd win 5 of these games, I'd take that every single day. As far as motivation is concerned, we literally pulled off another comeback win 3 days ago. People really need to stop judging people's body language while sitting at home
Motivation = comeback, well well I believe the definiton of that is much broader and its connotations concerning management. Well done, resukts have been fine, does that mean something if we win nothing again? You can watch all 60 United games and be entertained in 10 of those games, that's very little for me but perhaps like mediocre football. Do a comeback against bottom level team in the prem counts as a proof of motivation. That's nonsense. Why don't we manage our tem so we play entertaining football from the off and win 4:0, seems like we lost that kind of motivation for a while now..

firstly if we don’t win it, it doesn’t mean we ‘bottle it’. Such a shit and overused phrase on here.

secondly, there are some decent teams, and clearly anyone can win in a one off game.

I would however put us as favourites. Personally think it’s I shit trophy Anyway.

Robbie Boy

I really fancy us to win it. We are clear favourites anyway.

Mainoldo

Newsflash... Based on what you post on here you're not much of a fan.

Apparently you save all your positivity for your mates and you don't see a problem with this.
You’re sounding abit personal! I don’t get how people on here can actually hate someone they don’t know. It’s weird.

el3mel

firstly if we don’t win it, it doesn’t mean we ‘bottle it’. Such a shit and overused phrase on here.

secondly, there are some decent teams, and clearly anyone can win in a one off game.

I would however put us as favourites. Personally think it’s I shit trophy Anyway.
We're far better than any other remaining team in the competition it's not even a contest. We don't win it and it's a big bottling job, we won't have an easier competition for a trophy like this for some time. You liking the phrase or not doesn't really matter to be honest with you.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
We were playing a Spanish team. In Spain. In the knockout stages.

Do people really expect us to show up with super exciting attacking football for these games? Even Fergie didn't do that(generally). We won 2-0 and never looked like conceding. Quit your whining.
Some do. They also expect us to have 30 shots a game, not concede a shot at all and atleast 65% possession.

If any day we achieve that, they'd be complaining how we can't keep it up every game or how there has been no progress as we're still managing just 30 shots every game. And so on.

Wasn't a pretty performance but people forget that we've played the most number of games among all teams in top 5 leagues so far this season, so there is fatigue creeping in

Withnail

Absolutely, nothing's ever easy, especially with shithousery turned up to 11.

Yes we're favourites so should be winning it but yeah I agree it's crap. I'd rather be nowhere near the Europa.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Disagree he can rest shaw next game so he had less ressons to rest him here.

Sure you can give minutes to Telles, but if Shaw is better you want him playing.
Why would he rest Shaw agains Spurs? It is still important game in the league and Telles will not be starting that and desperately need some minutes to be played into form. You can obviously stand by your opinion but thereś no way it's not justified decision on top of Shaw being yellow carded. One of easy decision by our indecisive manager:-)

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Motivation = comeback, well well I believe the definiton of that is much broader and its connotations concerning management. Well done, resukts have been fine, does that mean something if we win nothing again? You can watch all 60 United games and be entertained in 10 of those games, that's very little for me but perhaps like mediocre football. Do a comeback against bottom level team in the prem counts as a proof of motivation. That's nonsense. Why don't we manage our tem so we play entertaining football from the off and win 4:0, seems like we lost that kind of motivation for a while now..
How do you define entertainment btw?
Most goals? We've scored 2nd most goals in the league this year. We've had most league games where we've scored 3+ goals as well I believe. So not sure what the feck some of the people here are expecting on a weekly basis

Withnail

We're far better than any other remaining team in the competition it's not even a contest. We don't win it and it's a big bottling job, we won't have an easier competition for a trophy like this for some time. You liking the phrase or not doesn't really matter to be honest with you.
Or you know we could lose a one-off game because of all sorts of reasons. It doesn't have to be a bottle job.

Robbie Boy

Absolutely, nothing's ever easy, especially with shithousery turned up to 11.

Yes we're favourites so should be winning it but yeah I agree it's crap. I'd rather be nowhere near the Europa.
Rather be nowhere near it, for sure. But I absolutely want us to win it. It would be great for our progression to add a trophy this season.

eltigreFalcao

I love comments like this. Mate it's absolutely normal to be frustrated after another catastrophical display. We are manchester United and if you watch for only 8 years fair play you never seen this club to be so dominant and entertaining. I have nothing to say but being so shit in 60% of games relying on players to be in good mood to do something is certainly not good enough longterm and people can see it and they moan. Not every one has a sunshine in the heart and mind to praise little things. Some people devote a lot of time to support their favourite football club and it gives them this.. If we are so pragmatic then we should win it and I will say fair play but knowing us we might feck up again and this season would not only be dire for watching but without trophy again because of poor management.

So don't take away people's anger when they want to aspire to be the best or their club where it belongs but struggling to do so, they usually have more passion for the club then the ones which say it's okay to see a game like this. Manchester United is not only success, it's a tradition of entertainment, otherwise you can check flashscore and be happy or unhappy from results right? It's something we fans can be proud, whenever I hear my friends saying how shite we play I can't care less, because I stopped caring and because I know they are not even watching United games because we are simply unwatchable, it should be an "ad for football" not a museum football.
This is absolutely spot on, I relate to every single word here. I have been an Ole advocat ever since his coming in and the honeymoon and stuff. But I now officially and hereby join the Ole out quarter. Pains me to say this but I really don't like what I see and what I get from MU at this moment, and it is evident that it comes down to a poor football set up. Regarless of players, even though we have quality, sure we need reinforcements and replacements in key areas. But it comes down to MU being a hardly aggresive side with no impetous to go forward, no patterns of plays, no rotation management. It is sad to watch and I'd really welcome a change even if it takes a couple of months (a season at most) to be done properly.

OleBoiii

Wasn't a pretty performance but people forget that we've played the most number of games among all teams in top 5 leagues so far this season, so there is fatigue creeping in
Not to mention that Granada didn't even try to attack, even when they were behind. They were aiming for the counter from beginning to end. When we're 1-0 up on their ground it is stupid to start playing the football they want us to play. Especially when we got 3 pacy feckers of our own up front.

Aaah, this fecking forum is gonna be the end of me :lol:

AshRK

We are winning and winning without fluking it. So definitely he must be doing some things right but have to also agree that the football is getting stale now. He doesn't trust the squad that much which is a tad worrying. Still feel he is doing a far better job than people give credit for.

Withnail

You’re sounding abit personal! I don’t get how people on here can actually hate someone they don’t know. It’s weird.
I don't hate you :lol:

I don't take the internet that seriously but you've admitted you only come on here to vent and imo thus spread negativity.

When we're playing well and you're happy you talk to your mates.

I'm sorry but that is literally making this site worse and it's quite selfish.

You do you though. I'll just mostly stay out of these type of threads.

SuperiorXI

Boring football but getting the points and advancing in the cups. For me, if he gets us a cup and we come 2nd or 3rd it's a good season relative to the last few years.

Paul_Scholes18

Why would he rest Shaw agains Spurs? It is still important game in the league and Telles will not be starting that and desperately need some minutes to be played into form. You can obviously stand by your opinion but thereś no way it's not justified decision on top of Shaw being yellow carded. One of easy decision by our indecisive manager:-)
Rest vs Granada since he is suspended. Thus he would not need to be taken off for a rest when he is getting rested anyway.
I guess avoid being sent off is a decent reason, but why not sub the other players then too? I wonder is something wrong with Shaws fitness since he is not playing that much?

I know with 5 subs rule making a half time change is smart since it allows 3 changes to be made at different times in second half. So maybe he thought Shaw could not play 90 minutes or just did not want to risk another yellow?

cyberman

L
We are winning and winning without fluking it. So definitely he must be doing some things right but have to also agree that the football is getting stale now. He doesn't trust the squad that much which is a tad worrying. Still feel he is doing a far better job than people give credit for.
Lot of games under our belt. Its the same throughout Europe to be fair. Legs are gone.

Robbie Boy

Ah yeah we get past these and Ajax/Roma will be tougher.

It'd be nice to have a trophy all the same. It's been a while.
Both are very beat-able. I fancy us to win it but of course, anything can happen.

Would love a trophy, it's a fairly rubbish competition but I enjoyed it when we won it under Jose.

Rustyspider13

Against my better judgment, I'm going to ask, why did you bump this thread @Mainoldo? You didn't post in the match threads saying how it was a bad performance but a good result or something like that. No congratulatory comments for Rashford or Lindelof. Nothing positive.

You're already in the privileged position of a pessimistic football fan. If the manager succeeds, you can enjoy the teams' success. If he fails, you can win internet points and say "I told you so". Is it really that necessary for you to make the same arguments after every game regardless of result knowing that you won't change anyone's mind? I'm genuinely curious.

90 + 5min

Why should you be frustrated for winning 2-0? I really don't get it. It is not like Granada was better. We dominated game, we won away. And should go through if we take next leg seriously. I don't get this negativity. Would you be happier if we played football Barcelona style and lost 2-0? For me it seems that way.

I'm not taking away any anger from people. They can be angry. But if a 2-0 win makes them angry, they need to calm down and reflect about football in deeper sense. Or read a book or maybe listen to music for a while. I don't agree that they have more passion or care more then us who don't get angry for winning or losing. I've been around this club for so long and been through good and bad times and this is nothing, if you see this as bad football.

Advice to you when your friend are telling you about ManUtd. Just don't care. They are probobly jealous of you because you are a part of a club with so many traditions and history. And yes, there is sunshine in everyone. It just need to come out if the clouds are thick and dark. Sometime that takes time.

I would be if I never had to sit down and watch that pile of **** we call football.
I do wonder what football team is making you watch football because everyone is pretty much boring. Expect Champions League sides that gave you lovley week.

crossy1686

career ending

I don't take the internet that seriously but you've admitted you only come on here to vent and imo thus spread negativity.

You can't let someone else's vitriol ruin your experience and force you out of threads. The mods have said we should report any overly negative posts that are ruining threads and they'll be met with bans for consistent users. Do that in future and stick people on the ignore list.

Mainoldo

Come on it’s all agenda’s to be honest. The guys that get upset with my posts on Ole.. I don’t see them in other player performance threads getting angry because some is criticising Mason’s Greenwood performance.

But I get it. If I like Greenwood I’d probably be in there being positive against the negativity.

It’s all just personal bias. People don’t like this football. People just like Ole so they stick up for him. I could do it too if I liked him. But I don’t.

youngrell

It takes two to tango. Even at Sunday League level it’s sometimes tougher to play against the scrappy, anti-football teams.

You’re never going to get an entertaining game against that fecking lot no matter who you are.

crossy1686

career ending
Classic Ole ball, bailed by one moment of brilliance by Lindelof and Rashford tonight. I mean it's only Granada and we only scraped a win. The problem for Ole is that he's not a system manager, he relies a lot on his players to perform at their very best, they seem to be out of motivation and form at the same time now. Purely managers problem. I mean it was always going to be hard with McTominay and James as starters, hope Fletch is doing his homework.

Looking at the teams in the competition I'd be hugely disappointed not to win it. Arsenal are dogshite and the only team which can cause us trouble. The team needs a trophy lift if we fail to do so this year again, any kind of contract extension would be as bad as extending Phil Jones contract. We should really aim much higher than this. And football was supposed to be fun they said, ffs I managed to do my ironing today how boring it was. Been more than 8,9 years playing shite, including Fergies last two seasons, albeit we at least won the last one.
Pay attention folks, this guy has football figured out, it's this easy...

Withnail

You can't let someone else's vitriol ruin your experience and force you out of threads. The mods have said we should report any overly negative posts that are ruining threads and they'll be met with bans for consistent users. Do that in future and stick people on the ignore list.
Well this thread is generally a shitshow and it gets exhausting so I go to threads I enjoy.

The Ole out thread should never have been shut down. To paraphrase sassy Colin it was performing a public service by keeping the negativity contained.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
People seem to forget how bad we’ve been the last 8(?) years. I think Ole is doing a fantastic job with the players he have. It’s a decent squad but you could argue that he’s been overachieving for the last 2 years.

Would like to see him backed properly in the market because that will be needed if we want to challenge the sheiks.

Stop the negativity and enjoy the ride fellas!

Status
Not open for further replies.