Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

AshRK

People say we need Sancho, Kane and Rice. We'll England have all that plus more and still play like us. Better players don't mean success or even entertainment. That's my point.
We play much better football though.

Foxbatt

People complain of Philiips today. But he is used to playing in a very high tempo team and he plays well. So if he fannying about in midfield then it is only down to instructions.
Make Bielsa the manager of England and at least it will be entertaining.

CG1010

For those who think better players = great football and success, this England team is throwing a massive spanner in your argument :lol:

Southgate as out of his depth as Ole.
England have been shit for years and its not down to just Southgate. Their fans and players have an overrated opinion about themselves. The way I see it, England have had and continue to have good players but have always lacked superstar players needed to be the standout teams in tournaments.

Regarding whether the likes of Sancho, Kane can make a difference at United, well we do have the likes of Bruno and Pogba to add them up with, just like we got Rio, Rooney, Scholes et al to pair with Ronaldo, Vidic, etc. It does make a lot of difference to the team.

OutOfTowner

JCL Daytripping WUM
Insulting another member
This nonsense is a borderline mental disorder at this stage. Sort yourselves out you demented psychopaths.

Paul_Scholes18

I feel overall Southgate has done a better job than Ole, but it is pointless to compare.
Neither have won anything although Ole has 4 cups per season and Southgate had one chance so far in the world cup.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
England have been shit for years and its not down to just Southgate. Their fans and players have an overrated opinion about themselves. The way I see it, England have had and continue to have good players but have always lacked superstar players needed to be the standout teams in tournaments.

Regarding whether the likes of Sancho, Kane can make a difference at United, well we do have the likes of Bruno and Pogba to add them up with, just like we got Rio, Rooney, Scholes et al to pair with Ronaldo, Vidic, etc. It does make a lot of difference to the team.
No we haven't. We have had superstar players in many of our England teams.

mu4c_20le

I feel overall Southgate has done a better job than Ole, but it is pointless to compare.
Neither have won anything although Ole has 4 cups per season and Southgate had one chance so far in the world cup.
I like Southgate but it is a weird comparison. He's a failed club manager who was very lucky to be given the NT job after bringing through some of the kids in the youth team, and after this stint he will become a pundit.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
A little less than me then.

I'm not going to try to convert you.
You have obviously made your mind up and shut the curtains.
I'll carry on enjoying the best entertainment since Fergie, and see where it takes us.

Always look on the bright side of life.
There you again, like I said, I don't need your advice, thanks.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
:lol: Based on what?

The fact Bruno barely even score goal and assist in Portugal and Southgate actually prefers to start Man city and Chelsea players but bench the Man United players. Somehow Ole managed to get the better out of those players.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
And that's why I feel comparing England's incompetent style to our's doesn't make sense. Ole has flaws but we play better football than England.
It's not a fair comparison though as Southgate gets significantly less time to work with his players.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United

The fact Bruno barely even score goal and assist in Portugal and Southgate actually prefers to start Man city and Chelsea players but bench the Man United players. Somehow Ole managed to get the better out of those players.
Comparing 2 managers with very average CVs isn't a strong argument. Ole hasn't won a trophy in more than 8 years and while it was probably an impressive feat in his home country in the footballing world it doesn't mean that much. The less said about Southgate the better. Both United and the NT deserve better than what they currently have.

Mainoldo

I like Southgate but it is a weird comparison. He's a failed club manager who was very lucky to be given the NT job after bringing through some of the kids in the youth team, and after this stint he will become a pundit.
Sounds like Ole to be honest. I mean exactly like him:lol:

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Pep buys from the top shelves, but he actually knows what the hell to do with said players. It's not just go out there and enjoy yourselves lads.
Our players must all be amazingly brilliant. Coming 2nd behind Oil City and their tactical genius manager just with the instruction go out there and enjoy yourselves lads.
Imagine what they could actually do with a good manager then. They would be winning quadruples regularly.

Mainoldo

If Ole managed England they players would have as many minutes as Haaland in this tournament.

Karlos PFC

Our players must all be amazingly brilliant. Coming 2nd behind Oil City and their tactical genius manager just with the instruction go out there and enjoy yourselves lads.
Imagine what they could actually do with a good manager then. They would be winning quadruples regularly.
Exactly our squad isn't half as bad as many in here suggest. But the manager isn't up to it.

I don't know about quadruples, but sure as feck we'd be winning a mediocre Villareal team

OleBoiii

That bump:lol:

Our manager is never safe! Now even Southgate's shiteness is pinned on Ole!

Paul_Scholes18

Caf logic. If Southgate out early in the tournament it is evidence Ole is not good enough.
If Southgate wins it evidence that Ole can win CL next season.

Zen86

It was a modern day miracle, magnitudes above Leicester’s title win.

Tactically inept manager, tactically inept coaching team, zero tactics, championship level midfield, unorganised defence, cowardly goalkeepers, Gashford, poor mismanaged Pogba, love child Dan James, wasteful Bruno.. and still we came second

It’s a good job the caf have it all sussed and can see through the lies

Verminator

It was a modern day miracle, magnitudes above Leicester’s title win.

Tactically inept manager, tactically inept coaching team, zero tactics, championship level midfield, unorganised defence, cowardly goalkeepers, Gashford, poor mismanaged Pogba, love child Dan James, wasteful Bruno.. and still we came second

It’s a good job the caf have it all sussed and can see through the lies
I knew there was somebody on here I liked.

Karlos PFC

So Ole getting second and a final is because the players did it all by themselves, but Pep works miracles with £50m cast-offs?
You do realize that getting to a final and winning a final are completely different things though. At least we got the play- a-final-cup

Poor Ole has to play with a championship squad and compete against big wallets City, Chelsea and Pool. I hope some day we will grow as a team and as a fan base so that we could compete in the Champions league.

Oh wait, we did play in the ch.league but somehow(?) we crashed in the group stage. Maybe because we had a cheap and thin squad. Maybe that's why we couldn't win a mediocre Villareal that has never gone to a final.

Verminator

You do realize that getting to a final and winning a final are completely different things though. At least we got the play- a-final-cup

Poor Ole has to play with a championship squad and compete against big wallets City, Chelsea and Pool. I hope some day we will grow as a team and as a fan base so that we could compete in the Champions league.

Oh wait, we did play in the ch.league but somehow(?) we crashed in the group stage. Maybe because we had a cheap and thin squad. Maybe that's why we couldn't win a mediocre Villareal that has never gone to a final.
You do realise that the most expensive squad assembled got beaten in a final, despite the blessing of the prodigal Pep?

Oh wait, sport doesn't always go as planned. Many variables can affect the outcome of team sports. Individual errors, injuries, form, fortune etc.
Only a fecking idiot would place it all at the feet of one man.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
For those who think better players = great football and success, this England team is throwing a massive spanner in your argument :lol:

Southgate as out of his depth as Ole.
Might be the worst post ever in the history of RedCafe. Well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.