Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUM

Well done to Ole and the club, strap yourselves in for the ride.

Trizy

Good appointment, let's hope the club backs him and he picks the right targets.

The only thing dividing us with Liverpool and City (since Ole's been here) is just pure quality. And we need at least 5 new starters to get on their level. Not impossible, mind.

SirAF

Ageist
Great news! Although I dread all the Noggie wanking in the media :lol:

BlackBen

Well deserved. Can't say any of us are surprised although the announcement came out of nowhere.

Now let's sort our summer business out too.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Would have waited to see the responses after our recent defeats.
Me too. But it probably dont matter much financially. OGS can't go out and get a job at Real Madrid or something similar. Furthermore, he would have taken the jobs at most terms. That will be reflected in his wages and probably also in the terms relating to him getting sacked. Meaning, if he fecks it up big time (something he will not do), he will probably relatively cheap to get rid of compared to Moyes, LvG or Mourinho.

He might be a bit of a gamble. But he is a cheap gamble. With a huge and probable upside for the club.

Okey

Get in! Ole's got the con. We've tried the big names and they've got us nowhere. For the sceptics/Poch fans, these things don't come with guarantees. Time to try one of our own. Who knows the club inside out, and can live with the pressure that comes with it. However it goes, we'll enjoy the ride. Back him sufficiently and it might even go swimmingly well! Tell me how good does it feel...

Mickson

A mistake, I think. But obviously I love Ole and I hope for the best. Unfortunately, I don't think this will work out too well. I would rather see Pochettino.

Hawks2008

Excellent news. Well earned and awesome to see one of our greats at the helm. :devil::devil:

Havak

Pokemon master
Obviously happy and excited, but the timing is very strange. During an International break and after losing two games in a row for the first time in ages... Maybe it's to boost moral, but I can't see how it could have gone from a no to a yes in that particular period of all periods.

Christie

Aren't we supposed to appoint a DOF first before letting him make a decision to pick the manager?

Complete reactionary club without a plan, doubt we will ever make it back to the top.

Trophy Room

Well done. I don’t think there was anyone else really. I feel he is going to have a rough time of it in his first couple of years. I think there is a long term rebuild that is needed and he is capable of doing it.

LFCKop

Supports
Liverpool
Congratulations guys though I still feel Poch would have been better fit to you guys than Ole in long term. Well I am not complaining and Ole might prove me wrong.

TRUERED89

Weekend cannot come quick enough now!! Come on lads don't let Ole down, we gotta go hard or go home!!!

kerano.

Brilliant stuff! But what will his backroom staff be like? I believe Micky Phelan is equally as important! Can we sign him as well?

Reactions: langster

TsuWave

I still wanted Poch, and I love Ole

I have my reservations about this appointment, but I wish him the best, and hopefully he'll get us back on track and challenging again.

Last edited:

siw2007

Well deserved! Dangerous game announcing it now but hope this gives us the imputous needed to go on a big run until end of season!!

Skills

Snitch
Me too. But it probably dont matter much financially. OGS can't go out and get a job at Real Madrid or something similar. Furthermore, he would have taken the jobs at most terms. That will be reflected in his wages and probably also in the terms relating to him getting sacked. Meaning, if he fecks it up big time (something he will not do), he will probably relatively cheap to get rid of compared to Moyes, LvG or Mourinho.

He might be a bit of a gamble. But he is a cheap gamble. With a huge and probable upside for the club.
It's not a cheap gamble. They'll find it really hard to sack him if he struggles big time because of the fan response and bad PR it would generate.

Our fans over the last few years have shown they'll do anything to absolve the manager of the blame. Whether that's Moyes, LVG or even a thundercnut like Mourinho. Now imagine that but with the whole club legend factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.