Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

prateik

If we had Rashford and Pogba fit, this squad would actually be pretty good. Not title challenging.. but better than we have had in years.

Shame Pog probably wont stay though..

Delighted he doesnt have to rely on the likes of Lingard and Andreas as starters any more.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Looking forward to seeing how this is spun by the resident delusionals.

"He has to play Lingard and Pereira because there's no depth, it's not his fault"
"We don't have a top class attacking midfielder, it's not his fault"
"We don't have two strikers fit and on the pitch, it's not his fault"

.... Well all those boxes are now ticked and we're still absolute garbage. Can't attack, can't beat a press, can't keep the ball, can't stop their attacks, relying on last ditch tackles and luck to stay 0-0. At Old Trafford against one of the worst sides in the league.

This is what you endorse if you think Ole should be managing us next season. A man who can't manage and a manager who can't coach. If Watford were looking for a new manager they wouldn't touch Ole with a barge pole. He wouldn't even be considered.
Had enough. Turned it off. This team is killing my love for the game. Such a spineless team with the worst manager the EFL has ever seen.
and to the many others. Why do you even bother supporting our team?

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
If we had Rashford and Pogba fit, this squad would actually be pretty good. Not title challenging.. but better than we have had in years.

Shame Pog probably wont stay though..
Hasn't made a difference even when he played and we aint missing him now. He's been a ghost.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Leaving the wingers wide and getting Bruno to play more to the left was a nice alteration at the half. Their fullbacks were completely neutered at that point and their attack petered out.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
This thread is embarrassing so many of you need to grow up. The Premier League isn't a walk in the park, every single game is a battle and that invariably means you are going to have difficult spells in matches ,but its clear for anyone with a working set of eyes that we are playing better football than under any manager post Fergie. Finally, our talented players are being nurtured, our signings are improving us and perhaps with a little patience our results will also improve further. The worst part is some of you are so engulfed in irrational hatred for the Ole and the team you're blind to the clear progress and you don't get the enjoyment of coming along on an exciting journey.

90 + 5min

This place. It really looks like some of "us" would love to see "us" lose games. They are even angry for us winning. Be happy guys. We are closer to CL. Scored 3 goald. Clean sheet. Over 20 goal attempts. 55+% possesion.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
We finally have a decent team and he's getting us good results. If we lose then it's okay to blame Ole but we won by 3 goals so we must credit Ole.

For their corner though I will say it was a mistake, not oles though because Ole can't give lindelof balls and courage.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
I have said this since the summer. Results will decide his future.

Luck, injuries, bad luck or whatever it’s down to end up qualifying to the CL. Nothing else. Great win today but we still rely on individual brilliance, that’s ok but it would be nice if we had a few weeks with all of our stars at the same time. Unfortunately that will not happened.

Bruno was the difference. Ole should set up our around him if he wants more of what we offensively saw today.

The Red Thinker

Ole has not been able to inspire this team to the levels of this first 15 games... but I will give him one thing. Every single one of his signings have been top notch. Instant fits in the team. Dan James was bought with a view of developing him. He was not supposed to play as much as he has. He’s 20, and will have plenty of time to develop.
Wan Bissaka - 10/10
Maguire - 9/10 (still think he needs someone more mobile next to him to be truly great)
Bruno - 11/10

Ole must finish this season in the top 4. If he doesn’t, he must go. He has built the base well and for that I will thank him.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
I have said this since the summer. Results will decide his future.

Luck, injuries, bad luck or whatever it’s down to end up qualifying to the CL. Nothing else. Great win today but we still rely on individual brilliance, that’s ok but it would be nice if we had a few weeks with all of our stars at the same time. Unfortunately that will not happened.

Bruno was the difference. Ole should set up our around him if he wants more of what we offensively saw today.
Bruno if anything, highlights how unbalanced our MF has been. McTomminay and Fred are fine, but they lack a bit of creativity and we have had to rely on a past it Mata and two clowns who should not even play in the PL for creativity down the center.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Some people embarrassing themselves in here today. So much so, that your favourite thread has had to be moved. Take a look at yourselves chaps. Support the club.

wolvored

His setup just counterattacking against teams who sit back needs amending. The signings have mainly been good. James has regressed to when he started though. Cant understand bringing on Chong, when he wont sign a new contract though. I dont like the fact he hardly shows any emotion, just sitting back. He should be prowling that touchline area. whether the fact he is playing so much youth since VG is through choice, neccessity or instruction has had mixed results. Williams and Greenwood has shown the most progress with this. Garner and Gomez has disappeared into the ether. Evra reckons he told Ole to pick Williams though

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Can't believe this guy's luck. Bailed out by Bruno, Martial, Greenwood and VAR this time.
I know that's supposed to be funny but its pretty much the truth. It was more Individual performances that won us the game than tactics as you could clearly see in the first half. And VAR has been favorable.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
I think I get it now

Before the game, predict a defeat or draw and terrible performance. During game, continue to moan ad nauseum. Post game even if victory is achieved, have another whinge and bemoan the fact said victory only occurred due to a correct VAR decision and the fact we signed a new player who looks really good.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Decent suggestion, will consider.
Gives me a headache just logging onto this page! Please threadban some of the persistent and incessant moaners too.

At least they could come up with some original new insight instead of the Ole shit/out/can't coach/Cardiff rinse and repeat.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I know that's supposed to be funny but its pretty much the truth. It was more Individual performances that won us the game than tactics as you could clearly see in the first half. And VAR has been favorable.
Of course the likes of Aguero, De bruyne, Salah and Mane are just average cloggers only scoring goals because of 'tactics' not because of their individual quality.

matt10000

We've been OK since the break. Just need some consistency and I might start believing in this team.
That’s the point thought isn’t it, during a rebuild where the focus is younger players there is going to be inconsistency at first. Three good signings in the summer and and we could start challenging

thepolice123

90% passing success rate. Dispossessed 0 times.
No way he was dispossessed 0 times. I can recall at least twice. First one was the Doucoure chance in first half. Second time was when Deeney came from behind and nicked the ball away.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
We have 11 clean sheets in our 16 last matches

"spend £140 million on defense hurr.....and a durr"

SEEMS TO BE WORKING THOUGH, ISN'T IT? HU? HUH????

crossy1686

career ending
Did well today.
We were on the ropes for a little bit in the first half but he changed it and we did responded well to a resurgent Watford team. Great result and another 3 points.
Some people in here are going to be devastated when we finish in the top 4 this season, embarrassing ‘supporters’.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
something changed in he second half, comentators mentioned that the wide players were staying wide rather than starting narrow. definitely made a difference.

hobbers

and to the many others. Why do you even bother supporting our team?
To be fair every time I've gone on a rant mid game while we're playing dogshit this season we've ended up winning.

I should do it more often.

Falcow

No way he was dispossessed 0 times. I can recall at least twice. First one was the Doucoure chance in first half. Second time was when Deeney came from behind and nicked the ball away.
I'm a big Fred fan but yeah he was dispossessed at least once and maybe twice, he seemed to be targeted by the Watford players, they were all over him when he received the ball, in the first half at least. Not his best game but was still decent I thought, constantly covering both full back positions.

sp_107

No wonder, Fergie was always busy buying attacking players. With just one proper addition to this team things have started going well, Imagine if we purchased a decent RW and Lukaku replacement last year.

This year is not a good one to judge OLE as we lost Pogba for most of the season and Rashford/SMT too for a big chunk of games.

We need to spend on another 2/3 attacking players if pogba leaves and then pass your judgment on OLE.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
That’s the point thought isn’t it, during a rebuild where the focus is younger players there is going to be inconsistency at first. Three good signings in the summer and and we could start challenging
Not quite sure a year of inconsistency is written in the book of rebuilding.

miked99

I think I get it now

Before the game, predict a defeat or draw and terrible performance. During game, continue to moan ad nauseum. Post game even if victory is achieved, have another whinge and bemoan the fact said victory only occurred due to a correct VAR decision and the fact we signed a new player who looks really good.
Don't forget how if we win it's in spite of the manager who should receive none of the credit whatsoever, but if we don't then it's entirely the manager's fault and he should receive 100% of the blame.

zenith

He did well today but some of our fans on here are just absolutely disgusting in the way that they constantly moan and find faults, even when we win. A little happiness never killed anyone

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Implement a strategy where players can use individual skills to win games

Get moaned at when players use individual skills to win games

Brophs

The One and Only
You’d never guess that he’s getting carried away coaching even one player that he doesn’t absolutely fecking despise and want to strap to a rocket and fire it straight into the sun.

Alabaster Codify7

Good result today, not going to discuss the actual performance because now isn't the time. 3-0 is a solid scoreline, much needed. If he can keep this up and finishes in the top 4, he's welcome to next season and I'll start forming opinions of him once the new season begins. Until then, let's see how it pans out.

Status
Not open for further replies.