Jones
Bailly
Matic
Fred
Mata
Pereria
Rashford
Lingard

All players that arent good enough. They have continuously failed. Some under 3-4 managers. You could add a few more to the list.

Where is the will to replace all these bottlers? What manager would take on the job?
A year later the same problem. Only Young and Pereria have been moved on .A squad full of dross and he has added Maguire,AWB and James to the list.

kiristao

He needs to go. He has been in charge for 18 months now and we are nowhere near good enough. People blame Ed but Ed has backed him with signings. About 230million quid spent and we are playing no better than we did when Mourinho was sacked.
We don't look organised defensively nor do we look good going forward. We rely on penalties or individual brilliance for goals. That's all on the manager. We have enough quality on paper to beat Palace or Brighton and even Spurs but we have been out-classed in all 3.

Skills

Snitch
He needs to go. He has been in charge for 18 months now and we are nowhere near good enough. People blame Ed but Ed has backed him with signings. About 230million quid spent and we are playing no better than we did when Mourinho was sacked.
We don't look organised defensively nor do we look good going forward. We rely on penalties or individual brilliance for goals. That's all on the manager. We have enough quality on paper to beat Palace or Brighton and even Spurs but we have been out-classed in all 3.
2 years in December

King Eric 7

We definitely need a new manager. Someone who is going to come in and be ruthless with the current lot. If that means selling players we overpaid for, then so be it. We need someone who is actually going to coach the players, fix the broken defence and exercise good game management. Plus we need a new captain.

Raw

If he isn't gone after this game then he's definitely gone within our next 6 games. Hell of a schedule to go through.

AshRK

HE Surely didn't learn much from sir alex. His game management is awful, his use of squad is awful. Maguire should have been booted off and yet he didn't have the balls to sub him. I want him to succeed but he is doing no favor to himself.

hollywoodpass

Recruitment is on Ole and Ed.

The lack of anything close to a fit, well drilled, tactical, motivated and disciplined team is all on Ole and the coaching staff. Its as simple as that.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I reckon he's lost or losing the dressing room.
This. I dont think the players are motivated. Look like they have given up.

Too much player power i feel as well. Players dont look disciplined. But then they did not perform for Mourinho as well.

Sad really.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Needs to go. Hope he resigns.
Yeah, he will resign from one of biggest jobs in the world where he is payed 8mil per year while knowing that his next job is Championship at best.
This reminds me on some quotes when he was hired; "Ole loves the club and will resign if things will not be good". :lol:

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He's taken the club as far as he can go now.

He chooses different players in the same positions/formation assuming that it will be enough.

He also seems slightly under the players - unable to make the right decisions of who doesn't fit his one and only formation; so just picks the same assuming that it will one day click.

Castia

Never mind signing strikers and wingers it means nothing if you can’t defend.

The worst thing is I fear it’s not simply a personnel problem, we’ve thrown money at the defence and seen these players do well at other clubs.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
We can't afford one more shit start to the season. It's never late to sack the manager and hire new one, when the manager looks completely out of his depth. There is a class manager who is available, who has done well for Spurs.

JustAGuest

This result is the lowest point yet. We had the 3rd best defensive record in the league last year. 11 goals conceded in 3 games this season is just not good enough, especially considering the opposition. I don't know where this is heading, but it doesn't look very promising at the moment.

pascell

I've waited to see how he fared tactically, whether his Plan B could counteract and swing the game back in our favour, when his Plan A fails. Unfortunately I just don't think he has that.

He started off with the 5-3-2 with wing backs that got exploited by Partizan Belgrade and then Wolves on numerous occasions. We then swapped to a 4-2-3-1 to accommodate Bruno, play the game in the attacking third and play out from the back, something that got tactically undone by Southampton last season and has gone downhill since as everyone knew our weaknesses.

Defensively our structure is a shambles, they look like they're not coached properly at all and none of them have improved. We spent £80m on a 'leader' who couldn't organise a p*ss up in a brewery, never mind calm and organise the defence when it's back is against the wall. Mainly because he's the one who's getting caught out of position or squandering possession very, very cheaply.

Midfield we're getting overran, simply because we're deploying Pogba in a deeper role than his attributes suit, he has no defensive prowess to play there.

In attack we saw a great return at the back end of last season, simply because we relied on individual brilliance from Martial, Rashford, Greenwood and Bruno. None of the goals we score I've felt are either off the training ground, or are as a result of tactically exploring the oppositions weakness.

It pains me to say it as he's a United legend but he falls short of what we'd expect of a United manager.

El Zoido

Do you lads think he’ll walk? There is also an international break now
He should. Regardless of whether you think he’s a good manager or not, the board have fecked him over badly.

mu4c_20le

Refused to put blame on the red card, but couldn't resist this

Ole on Lamela: "He must need surgery for his throat"

Cathy Ferguson

He will keep playing Pogba and Matic and they will keep being overun in midfield. Get Partey in or bench Pogba. Does he have the guts?

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
We can't afford one more shit start to the season. It's never late to sack the manager and hire new one, when the manager looks completely out of his depth. There is a class manager who is available, who has done well for Spurs.
Can’t see poch coming in this state. I’d steer well clear if I was him.

johanovic

OGS I like you as a person but please feck off to Norway now...you are totally out of your depth and clueless as a United manager...I´ve defended you up to this time but you are just a few numbers to short for the job, sorry...look at Ancelotti at Everton..comes in and improves current players..signs a few useful ones like Rodrigues and has a plan that he follows constantly and you can see it...OGS what is your plan...I still can not see that...Matic and Pogba slow and clumbersome as nr 6 and 8 in a 4-2-3-1 high pressing system?...Are you serious? Add then the dumb and dumber twins in Baily and Maguire and the team surley has a spine that could not hold a glass of water between them....And why in the feck do you constantly defend Pogba the laziest player I´ve seen in the odd hope he´s botherd to give a feck in 2 to 3 games per season...No this is just done, there is no other way than to order a one way ticket to Norway a.s.a.p..loved you as a player and like you as a person but you are a dreadful manager

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
He's out of his depth, which is the crux of the matter. No area of our team looks well coached or has instinctive, automated responses to certain situations or variables like you even see from Leeds, Wolves, Sheffield United and so forth.

The morale is low because of how the transfer window has unfolded, but the players also have no real idea of what to do when sitting deep and hitting on the break doesn't work. There's more to a game than individual moments of brilliance, and if we don't get that, we look like we're winging it.

Irrespective of the Glazers Woodward, Ole's done what he can, but it's not enough for what we aspire to. Bielsa and coaches of that calibre would get a tune out of literally anyone in our squad, let alone the stars we have here; Ole's reliant on crests of waves and momentum, which are cruel mistresses as they ebb and flow... just as we do.

Redfan94

I don’t see the point of bringing in a new manager unless the issues that have plagued the previous manager’s are addressed.

Every manager post Ferguson has complained of the Glazers/Woodward/Judge not signing their given transfer targets. We’ve got a manager now in Ole who in my opinion is just happy to be United manager without ever challenging the club’s failures in the transfer market.

You’d have to assume that an established manager, say for instance Pochettino, would just clash with the higher ups over this in the same way Van Gaal and Mourinho did.

Unless the club are willing to try a new approach with our next manager, where the manager has full control over transfers in and out, and they don’t skimp in the market signing choice B,C or D, sadly nothing will change.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Did he said anything after the game? Any link?
Man Utd boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer on BBC Radio 5 Live:
"It's my second language so it's very difficult to put it into words. It's a horrible feeling, the worst day I've had as a Manchester United manager and player. I've been part of big defeats before and we've bounced back so we've just got to let the boys go away on international duty, find their mojo themselves and the others that are going to stay here, we've got to help them. After a result like this you need to clear your mind and head and look forward.

"Sometimes you make mistakes, that's part of life and we made too many mistakes in one game of football and that shows in the result against a very good football team. They are a team full of quality and we got punished almost every time we made a mistake."

How they bounce back from this: "If it's a different shape, mentality, I don't know, but it will be different. We can't accept performances like this. I hold my hands up, I'm in charge and i'm responsible for this."

jasT1981

Today was a disgrace, and to see him smiling coming off the pitch was a real head scratcher. Even in his interview he didn't seem the way most would be after being hammered 6-1 at home.

HOWEVER

What is sacking him going to do?

We've been down this road. Time and again. We get top 4 and get Champions league only to see the summer window be taken lightly. We struggle to start the season and manager ends up getting fired.

We've fired 3 managers in 7 years and nothing has changed. We can't keep doing it. There is something seriously wrong at the core of the club. Right from top to bottom there is a cancerous tumour eating away at the club. The players don't care. The board doesn't seem to care. Woodward doesn't seem to care and the Glazers don't seem to care as long as we get that precious top 4 spot.

A change of manager won't do a thing because 18 months from now we will be having this exact discussion again about firing him.

Something is fundamentally wrong at the club. It has been for years but no one at the club seems to care.

johanovic

Today was a disgrace, and to see him smiling coming off the pitch was a real head scratcher. Even in his interview he didn't seem the way most would be after being hammered 6-1 at home.

HOWEVER

What is sacking him going to do?

We've been down this road. Time and again. We get top 4 and get Champions league only to see the summer window be taken lightly. We struggle to start the season and manager ends up getting fired.

We've fired 3 managers in 7 years and nothing has changed. We can't keep doing it. There is something seriously wrong at the core of the club. Right from top to bottom there is a cancerous tumour eating away at the club. The players don't care. The board doesn't seem to care. Woodward doesn't seem to care and the Glazers don't seem to care as long as we get that precious top 4 spot.

A change of manager won't do a thing because 18 months from now we will be having this exact discussion again about firing him.

Something is fundamentally wrong at the club. It has been for years but no one at the club seems to care.
I agree with you that there is a lot wrong at the club...BUT today and not for the first time his tactics and team selection was dreadful...On top of that we have one of the slowest team in the league followed by a very low workrate. Playing 3 lumberjacks in the middle of the park in Pogba,Matic and Maguire does not work...Bailly seems to leave his brain behind when playing football and the team´s looks clueless and plainly not trained to the standard other teams do....where is the workrate and bite in midfield....We were outplayed by a midfield of Hojberg,Sissoko and Ndombele...wonder how we fill fare against better teams...OGS is just done and was never good enough as sad as it is to say it...Look at Ancelotti and what he has changed with limited money at Everton....Ancelotti has a clear style of playing and can implement his style and ideas....OGS has what style of play? Fred,McTominay and DVB should be playing before Matic and Pogba.

Status
Not open for further replies.