Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
He wanted us to play somewhat spectacular footbal even today... and at some point he succeeded just at that.

Rustyspider13

I actually thought Ole was spot on with the subs. It wasn't about this game, it was about the whole tie and the schedule ahead. He took off both FBs to give them rest and protect them from suspensions. Took Pogba off for Matic to gain some sort of defensive control(Fred also was booked and couldn't keep diving in), took Cavani off when he was getting fired up and booked as well.

One could argue Mata doesn't need to be there, but I think it's a bit of sentimentality given the season he's had. Moves like that is why players are on Ole's side.

Strelok

I actually thought Ole was spot on with the subs. It wasn't about this game, it was about the whole tie and the schedule ahead. He took off both FBs to give them rest and protect them from suspensions. Took Pogba off for Matic to gain some sort of defensive control(Fred also was booked and couldn't keep diving in), took Cavani off when he was getting fired up and booked as well.

One could argue Mata doesn't need to be there, but I think it's a bit of sentimentality given the season he's had. Moves like that is why players are on Ole's side.
Bang on mate.

Jezpeza

This thread summarized: win 5-0 every game or get the feck out
Yeah. You go into a semi final second leg with a 4 goal advantage and people actually give a feck what the score was. Why would anyone give a feck unless we somehow lost on aggregate? Bizzare thinking.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Yeah. You go into a semi final second leg with a 4 goal advantage and people actually give a feck what the score was. Why would anyone give a feck unless we somehow lost on aggregate? Bizzare thinking.
Because they need something to moan about. fecking miserable.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
This thread summarized: win 5-0 every game or get the feck out
I'm still waiting for regular, convincing team performances. Not just results. Still feels like the quality of some of our players bails us out regularly. That's what frustrates me. It feels like an injury to Bruno would have us seriously derailed. I can't see us competing or even finishing 2nd next season if other teams find their usual form and our general performances don't improve.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
He is actually being criticized for a second leg of a tie he had gone into 6-2 up. You people are insane. :lol:

AshRK

Let us not forget we too missed some easy chances. Could have scored 5 or 6, so could they have but people acting as if roma bullied us are just trolling now. Anyways we play European final. Can we be happy for once.

Jezpeza

Because they need something to moan about. fecking miserable.
i can just see tosh about motivation and patterns of play (hahah).

do you even think they did any sort of preperation for this game or do you think its more likely we turned up, stuck 11 players on the pitch and said ‘see this one out and dont concede 4 goals without return’. I’m really not sure which one it is

FreddieTheReddie

I can’t believe this thread.
Fixtures got tough because fans didn’t let the team play Liverpool. Everyone realized Ole would need to rotate, what he did tonigh, team was crap as expected, now they are moaning about it, blaming Ole... After a game we literally just wanted to survive and forget. But when he doesn’t rotate, he is incompetent, when he does rotate and we are shite, it’s his fault. And people are so willing to sacrifice our second place to ‘kick the Glazers out’ but what will they say when we finish 4th?
It feels like some people are throwing stones at them while shouting to run faster. I only hope they are not the same people but it’s hard to believe.

Cast5

I can’t believe this thread.
Fixtures got tough because fans didn’t let the team play Liverpool. Everyone realized Ole would need to rotate, what he did tonigh, team was crap as expected, now they are moaning about it, blaming Ole... After a game we literally just wanted to survive and forget. But when he doesn’t rotate, he is incompetent, when he does rotate and we are shite, it’s his fault. And people are so willing to sacrifice our second place to ‘kick the Glazers out’ but what will they say when we finish 4th?
It feels like some people are throwing stones at them while shouting to run faster. I only hope they are not the same people but it’s hard to believe.
Because they’re staunch Ole Outs, unreasonable warped individuals.

SER19

Well done and congrats ole. People act like they know it all and that its all so easy. He took over with us floundering and truly toxic. Second full season, we're second and in a European final with the squad better balanced than any time since about 2011. And still he's getting slated the night we make a final.

Im all for fair doubts and criticism but seriously some of you need to reevaluate your relationship with football and what you actually get out of it other than purging anger and negativity. Honestly, if the guy who scored the most famous goal in our history, and a true fans favourite, managing us to a final can't give you a night off - is it worth it?

Red Royal

Absolutely delighted for Ole, he deserves this and has seriously improved us. We are on an upward trend and the squad seems happy/settled. A few more signings and we could be really up their challenging for the very top.

SER19

Remember when Ole was the worst manager out of him, Lampard and Arteta?
These sad fecks just keep moving the goalposts. They get it wrong over and over and over but never have to correct themselves or admit it because they can just move on to something else and eventually get something right. True keyboard warriors

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

bingo.

pogba was a passenger in midfield and they were over running us all game. as soon as subbed him for matic we got control of the match again.

delighted for Ole, it’s been a long tough season and finally we get to the final like we deserve.

hopefully we can secure the top 4 asap then look to concentrate on the final.

Ananke

3 tough league games upcoming on the bounce. Already won this tie in the first leg. Wasn’t that fussed with the performance, a game about reserving some energy of players and mitigating any damage in the meantime. Job done Ole, on to the Final and a strong league finish.

Well done lads!

Halftrack

We've scored 4 more goals that Spurs in the league, and about 15 of those are penalties. Lets not get carried away.
And as we all know, 115-15=100, and 100-Spurs=Ole is shit.

I might have skipped a couple of steps, but that's where you were going, right?

Matriac

We've scored 4 more goals that Spurs in the league, and about 15 of those are penalties. Lets not get carried away.
We've been given 9 and scored on 8 penalties in the Premier League this season.

Tottenham has a game in hand on us, and Kane. Our forwards haven't really been firing off that well this season, yet we've gotten lots of goals as a team.

Second highest scorers in the league, and we keep saying we are missing a proper rw to create more chances.

Turn that frown upside down.

rotherham_red

He is the coach. We were outclassed. It's quite obvious he was part of a problem today.
We weren't outclassed. It was an open game where both teams went for it. It was more like a basketball game than a football match. We were poor defensively and in attack we made so many unforced errors. It was a poor day at the office largely borne out of complacency which isn't what I want to see and is absolutely disappointing but you'd hope with the full team out the chances of that happening again are much reduced.

rotherham_red

It's been very obvious for nearly 2 years now that he doesn't trust many players in this squad. Tonight yet more justification as to why.

Bailly, VDB, Telles - all absolutely dreadful.
And this board in its infinite wisdom still haven't allowed Ole to shape this squad to his needs after more than 2 years. These are still predominantly Jose's, LvG's and SAF's players. 4 first team signings, with three coming last year. I maintain he's pulled off a minor miracle with this set of players.

BestRed

Delghted for Ole & the boys tonight, tough game but getting through to their 1st major final is a big step for this squad. Despite all the shit some people like to spout, we win this along with a strong league finish and we've had a great season. Bring it on.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
My manager <3

Deserves a trophy for his tremendous work over the last 2 and a half seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.