Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manutd GOGOGO

You think fighting for the the league after being manager for 3 years or reaching the CL final with the second highest spending club in the world is funny? OK
Enlighten me the King...how did Ole spend the 2nd highest transfer fee in the World? Are you including the previous 1billion failed transfer on his head...

Manutd GOGOGO

Zero importance after 3 years as a manager. The only thing he should be judge with is him winning the PL or CL. At the end of his contract if he is not winning the big trophies, then the club should let him go back to Norway.

Correction. Two full seasons after he was "officially" hired.

In this two years, he has to clear up the mess that the last 3 managers have left behind, moving half of the squad out and trying to integrate 3-5 first team players... He didn't start from Top 4.. but position 6.

This club doesn't have a structure like Bayern , Dortmund, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City, Barcelona, Real Madrid and PSG where the manager is simply a head coach and plug-n-play solution. The manager has to take care of everything which Ole is trying to delegate. That's why the board prefers to hire a long term manager to lead the club unlike other club. Any long term fan would know it well.

Two full seasons now and we still do not have a proper first team, not to mention a proper squad for rotation to challenge Chelsea and Man City for multiple trophies. Go and look at their first team and squad players closely. There is progression, business sense and ambition lead by a hungry owner.

At this point of time, we know that the board will only spend the appropriate amount for Top 4 for commercial purposes. Yes the board has spent over 1 billion dollars but that was a frantic attempt trying to get back into Top 4 and trying to be a Disneyland of Football club.

The manager is a lone ranger now and needs the full-support of the board to fulfil his vision of being a champion again. Putting all the responsibility on the manager is simply unfair with our club structure and objectives. Achieving extraordinary results for the team could backfire instead as the board thinks that the current squad is good enough.

You can upgrade the "steering wheel" if everything else in the car is running and optimized. Ole has the balance of EQ and IQ to steer this club out of the constant problem bombarding this club 365. High IQ coaches like Klopp, Pep, Nagel would find it hard to focus on their squads having to answer for everything.

Klopp was backed properly by the board and he rinsed over 35 players to find his first team. If a good coach is the key to a player's performance, why does Klopp has to rinse over so many players? Why can't Pep and Klopp buy a 1 million player from the Championship side and groom them to become a 50 million dollar player? Why is Liverpool struggling when only 1 defender is out if coaching was the issue? Why does Man City always struggle without Kevin de Druyne before Gundogan emerge?

I like your standards but they have to be based on "reality". Slow progress is not a bad thing if it is based on longevity and continual upgrades on the squad.

Last edited:

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
City have the best squad, the best manager and the biggest budget

It'd pretty harsh to make the title the expectation

We expect to improve, and we expect to challenge

If next season we improve again and challenge (but not win), we'd be mad to let him go
This is how I feel.

As long as he can continue to improve the squad with players and give it his best shot to compete for the title - maybe having a less point deficit vs the title winners; then I will be okay with it.

I love what he is doing with the squad and want to see that continue.

A new manager wont just come in an win a title in his first year and will need to reshape the first team to his tactics; so it's a waste of time.

When I watch Pep taking 5-6 years to get to a CL final with all the money and the players in the world (arguably only in a year when clubs are down on the virus) - I feel like I can be patient with Ole arguably trying to improve a team that has been down a whole decade.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Another one of these posters who has no understanding of years. Sigh.

Ole has not been at the club for 3 years. Just like Tuchel has not been managing Chelsea for a year.

Foxbatt

Tuchel may win the CL still. Ole has to be careful with the rest of the matches or else we may lose our 2nd spot to Chelsea.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Looking back at the 2016/17 Europa League KO stages:

11 goals scored, 4 conceded against Saint Etienne, Rostov, Anderlecht, Celta Vigo.
3 of the 4 ties decided by a single goal.

This time:
17-5 against Sociedad, Milan, Granada, Roma.
1 tie decided by a single goal, the others all had 4-goal margins :eek:

Much, much more impressive, much better results, against much better opposition. The weakest team this time (Granada) is comparable to the strongest from last time (Celta), all 4 are in the big leagues, and 3 of the 4 are in/around the CL spots of their respective leagues.
Really would deserve to win the trophy.

Last edited:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Looking back at the 2016/17 Europa League KO stages:

12 goals scored, 4 conceded against Saint Etienne, Rostov, Anderlecht, Celta Vigo.
3 of the 4 ties decided by a single goal.

This time:
17-5 against Sociedad, Milan, Granada, Roma.
1 tie decided by a single goal, the others all had 4-goal margins :eek:

Much, much more impressive, much better results, against much better opposition. The weakest team this time (Granada) is comparable to the strongest from last time (Celta), all 4 are in the big leagues, and 3 of the 4 are in/around the CL spots of their respective leagues.
Really would deserve to win the trophy.
It was such a limp campaign from us that season. We beat Rostov 2-1 over 2 legs; Anderlecht took us to extra time; and we were a John Guidetti miss away from bottling the semi’s vs Celta Vigo. :lol: The only tie that was genuinely comfortable for us was the final.

Terrorism football from that dinosaur who had us 6th in the league with fewer goals than Bournemouth FC

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
Cavani has scored the same goal as the 3rd one today so many times, it surely got to be considered a pattern of play at this point?

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I love what he is building at United.

As long as there is consistent progress I can be happy with this team.

AshRK

Cavani has scored the same goal as the 3rd one today so many times, it surely got to be considered a pattern of play at this point?
No that is individual brilliance when it comes to us. Don't you know Ole can't coach.

Ludens the Red

Why does he keep sitting on the chairs labeled 'Do not sit'?

EVERY GAME.
He’s a an arse Ole. If he’s not abusing women and the elderly or questioning the parenting of Korean footballers, he’s ignoring rules on where to sit.

Anyway, what’s making me scratch my head with all these comebacks is he’s relatively low key on the touch line.
His half time speeches must be a thing of pure wonderment .
Time for an amazon documentary me thinks.

DevilsOwn

Top 4 sealed with 4 games to go vs just making it last year in final game of the season.

Bossing it in Europa to reach the final (and hopefully better).

Getting a young but small squad playing attractive football most of the time.

This already has been a good season with "progress". And it can get better.

Good on Ole (and the players)

SER19

2nd highest scorers in league

3rd best defensive record

2nd highest points total since fergie with 4 to play

118 goals in all comps

European Final

Unbeaten away in 25 games

Squad happier and better balanced than any time since 2011

Surely everybody can agree that from where he took over, he deserves some credit. Next season the big one but we're so much better than when he took over its almost untrue

Crashoutcassius

2nd highest scorers in league

3rd best defensive record

2nd highest points total since fergie with 4 to play

118 goals in all comps

European Final

Unbeaten away in 25 games

Squad happier and better balanced than any time since 2011

Surely everybody can agree that from where he took over, he deserves some credit. Next season the big one but we're so much better than when he took over its almost untrue
plenty of people dont seem to agree. they say that all of the above is luck based on a few different sliding factors, today cavani scoring was over reliance on cavani. in my view these peoples should be placed on a register and not allowed have children

TheMitz

I was wanting him out earlier in the season, but he's completely changed my mind.

really establishing himself as a very good manager.

big window this summer to get us to the next step

SER19

plenty of people dont seem to agree. they say that all of the above is luck based on a few different sliding factors, today cavani scoring was over reliance on cavani. in my view these peoples should be placed on a register and not allowed have children
Its mental gymnastics at a truly elite level

Halftrack

118 goals in all comps
Some of them were penalties, so they don't count. Bruno's been here the whole season, which is another negative. Also, Spurs has scored goals and for some reason that reflects badly on us. For the reasoning behind these statements, please contact @UnofficialDevil

adkb

I do not remember when SAF said this, but he said that for a team to win the premier league they have to consistently challenge for the 2nd or 3rd spot. Just waking up and winning this league is not possible. I think we are in the right direction but we will have to be patient. Especially when there is Pep with his City A and City B squad racking up 100 odd points season in season out. There is a chance that we may not win it next season but the board really needs to back the manager. If they leave him out to dry then we will be messing it up yet again!

bsCallout

When my mate, who is a Liverpool fan, was admitting how well he's done, it boggles the mind when some of our own fans don't. He called him the PE Teacher and all that good stuff too.

It's actually quite ridiculous how much things are better than under any of the managers since Fergie. Yes, we need to win something, but we're certainly heading in the right direction.

TrustInOle

Love him! What a difference he has made since he came in, I still think there is potential within our coaching staff and Ole. Very bright future ahead!

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He's put together a hell of a team, to be fair to him. Glazers have no choice but to back him, they'd be mental not to. Rival fans can take the piss all they want but there's definitely reason for optimism.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Ole is doing a brilliant job. I'm over the moon with the progress we've made this season. I love this team, he's built a proper United side and now we just need to add to it. Back this man in the summer and we'll have a serious chance at the title next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.