Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
The guy has those games when we literally look like a championship team with no style, coherence, nothing.

Please sort it out Ole, I've had enough of sitting on the fence.

dove

Can we just all agree that Ole and our coaching staff are simply clueless how to deal with set pieces. A lot of things can be debated but this ain't one. I came into terms that Ole is staying for the foreseeable future but please get someone in who can sort it out because it's laughable at this point.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Losing at home to liverpool and he brings on Matic and doesn't even use the third sub. Give me a fecking break
Not Ole's greatest decision, I just didn't see the point of bringing Matic on for Bailly.
To be fair I didn't see anyone left on the bench who could have influenced the match in anyway, perhaps Amad? The team just didn't look interested for much of the game, very disappointing.

OleBoiii

It's hard to motivate your players when you have nothing but honor and stats-padding to play for. I don't think he missed with his setup or tactics today. Our players simply did a poor job. Possibly the worst for at least 6-7 months.

The United

Well, it does show that you can plan all you want but shit will still happen.

I mean all of us were planning carefully how to get thru these fixtures to avoid overplaying players and injuries.

It still happens.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Don't get butthurt lads, nobody's talking about the sack. There's plenty space between that and building him statues for 2nd in the league.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
For God sake, train the team to high press and beat a press. He just got schooled by Klopp.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Not Ole's greatest decision, I just didn't see the point of bringing Matic on for Bailly.
To be fair I didn't see anyone left on the bench who could have influenced the match in anyway, perhaps Amad? The team just didn't look interested for much of the game, very disappointing.
Amad or DVB for me and i agree that was the most disappointing part though the absolute trash football we played for most of the game ran it a close second.

Shark

@NotShark
I truly and somewhat desperately at this point want this man to succeed here and if that means solely winning us our first title in almost a decade so be it. But I cannot see it happening for the life of me. There's multiple elements that seem off even when we're in a good patch. You feel it's not going to last.

OleBoiii

For God sake, train the team to high press and beat a press. He just got schooled by Klopp.
He didn't, though. Our players were beyond sloppy and clearly didn't give their best. There is nothing but honor and stats-padding to play for. Ole can pull out as many hair-dryers he wants, but it's not gonna come across as genuine.

matsdf

Come on Ole! One of the two guys who scored braces for Dortmund today. Chop chop.

Mickson

That's my biggest problem with Ole. He doesn't develop certain things. Passing out from the back? It's no better than in his first game. What do they do on the training pitch?

Mainoldo

Andddd where live!!!!

Hopefully he gets the momentum back. We need to win this final. Him and this team others next season is going to be a Rollercoaster.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He didn't, though. Our players were beyond sloppy and clearly didn't give their best. There is nothing but honor and stats-padding to play for. Ole can pull out as many hair-dryers he wants, but it's not gonna come across as genuine.
Their tactics made us look bad though. It was Gen gen pressing again. We just couldn't get out of our box.

Shark

@NotShark
That's my biggest problem with Ole. He doesn't develop certain things. Passing out from the back? It's no better than in his first game. What do they do on the training pitch?
It's as if he's just tried to sweep them under the rug and hope it'll go away. I've been saying even throughout our purple patches that the passing hasn't been consistent or accurate enough for a top team. Neville said it yonks ago but we play in moments rather than truly control games of football.

el3mel

I truly and somewhat desperately at this point want this man to succeed here and if that means solely winning us our first title in almost a decade so be it. But I cannot see it happening for the life of me. There's multiple elements that seem off even when we're in a good patch. You feel it's not going to last.
For the moment I'm currently happy with the team. I think we're on the right track when it comes to squad building. This season was mostly fun except for the CL debacle and collapsing after leading the league table.

Of course if we lose the EL final I'll probably revert again to be Ole out but for the moment I'm mostly content with United.

This Matic sub was still awful though. :lol:

Mickson

It's as if he's just tried to sweep them under the rug and hope it'll go away. I've been saying even throughout our purple patches that the passing hasn't been consistent or accurate enough for a top team. Neville said it yonks ago but we play in moments rather than truly control games of football.
I had a friend who told me "it's like he plays out from the back because that what top teams should do, not because they practice that, or have any tactical reason to do that, but just because... they should." And I thought that was spot on. Clearly, and you can't really argue against this, they don't practice it.

BlueHaze

Every single time I say something positive about him he damn near instantly makes me regret it. Wouldn't surprise me if they show up to the EL final playing exactly like this. Top 4 is most likely the only thing he'll ever be able to fight for. I don't count on any bigger trophies with him in charge.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
For the moment I'm currently happy with the team. I think we're on the right track when it comes to squad building. This season was mostly fun except for the CL debacle and collapsing after leading the league table.

Of course if we lose the EL final I'll probably revert again to be Ole out but for the moment I'm mostly content with United.

:lol: apart from fecking up in our two main competitions it was mostly fun. But i feel ya buddy, just gotta ride the wave

Shark

@NotShark

Do we want a season to be fun though or actually seriously contend for major honors. We could quickly go down the route of Wengers Arsenal at the end of his tenure. Bottle this final and it's going to get very ugly off the back of this result.

Cast5

All the Ole Outers been hiding under a rock for months, they’ll all come back out tonight. How embarrassing, they love it more than the Scousers when we get beat :lol:

SER19

I can only assume its as clear to solskjaer as it is to everybody else where he needs to upgrade this summer. If he's backed i trust him to recruit well and challenge.

padzilla

Hipster
Klopp just spoke about specific tactics and stopping us getting Shaw in the game. Wonder what Ole will say.

wolvored

Out of interest, what caused this flip flopping between thinking he was good enough then thinking he wasn't good enough?
I wanted him to succeed when he first came in because of who he was. I loved him as a player. Then when it went sour and we struggled pre Bruno I wanted him gone. That only changed recently over the last few weeks when I started thinking, he should have a summer transfer window and if he can get better than Fred/McTom and Lindelof/Bailley at least, a WC CD and DM or as near as dammit, we might be onto something. I think after that shitshow tonight it shows as a minimum thats what we need. If they gave him a 2 year contract including next season, then it gives Ole peace of mind and if it does go tits up, not so much to pay him off.

el3mel

:lol: apart from fecking up in our two main competitions it was mostly fun. But i feel ya buddy, just gotta ride the wave
:lol: Yeah these two sound like shit but to be fair we'll still finish 2nd and in a final with a possibility of a trophy. It was mostly a very good season, not great though.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Insulting another member
All the Ole Outers been hiding under a rock for months, they’ll all come back out tonight. How embarrassing, they love it more than the Scousers when we get beat :lol:
feck off you prick. Accusing fellow united fans of being happy when we lose to liverpool at home.

el3mel

Do we want a season to be fun though or actually seriously contend for major honors. We could quickly go down the route of Wengers Arsenal at the end of his tenure. Bottle this final and it's going to get very ugly off the back of this result.
That's when evaluating next season comes in hand.

For the moment what we did this season was mostly very good. However, a repeat next season and it'll be time to move on imo. It would mean he has taken us far as he can : consistent top 3 and good cup runs.

We absolutely need to challenge for the title next season and I don't think anyone can bring excuses for not doing it.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Despite our league position I've always said this squad is still behind City, Chelsea and Liverpool and I've not changed my mind. Thankfully Maguire's injury came when we had beaten Villa because we would be in big trouble otherwise.

Shark

@NotShark
However, a repeat next season and it'll be time to move on imo. It would mean he has takes us far as he can : consistent top 3 and good cup runs.

We absolutely need to challenge for the title next season and I don't think anyone can bring excuses for not doing it.
Most definitely.

Phil

Yup agree. Not for the first time has a high press fecked us.

Klopp just spoke about specific tactics and stopping us getting Shaw in the game. Wonder what Ole will say.
Did he do it by convincing Ole to play Rashford as RW so they couldn't link up?

Status
Not open for further replies.