Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinjiNinja26

I was willing to give Ole until the end of the season and see how things pan out but nah feck that get rid now or this will be another wasted season without silverware. I haven’t seen one convincing performance from us yet regardless of results, this squad of players should be playing much better football than this.

dove

Results finally catching up with performances. Surely even Ole supporters cannot be surprised by that?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Double pivot at home is already bad, but it is understandable because Everton have a very physical and dynamic midfield. However, it should have been apparent to Ole that it wasn't working out long before half time, especially with how diabolical Fred's performance was. Left it too late to take Fred off, just like the PSG game last year when everyone and their dog knew that he was about to get sent off and cost us the game.

We completely dominated the second half bar that counterattack, and Rafa immediately went back to back 5 with 3 holding in front after they scored. The draw is not entirely on Ole since we played well and created a lot of chances and didn't take them, but his unconditional trust in Fred over VdB will be the reason we won't win anything and he eventually gets the sack.
The hilarious thing is they were only inches away from winning, even after Rafa went negative.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
2 points from 9 against Southampton, Villa & Everton. We're only 7 games into the league season and we're already looking out of a title race. Where the MY MANAGER wet wipes at?
You don't win the PL with these results given the competition - he's not good enough :(

Fooza

Poor Ole, he really thought his new toys in Sancho and Ronaldo would have given him more individual moments to get him a better season than the last one. also it would allow him to continue to hide how bloody clueless in coaching him and his team are.

Got to feel for him, small fish in a big pond. Time our board get in a manager who has a better style of play and experience. Whoever that maybe.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
A reminder that we are yet to play against one of the top teams in the league, we will be below Arsenal soon
Think Ole will be relieved to play against the better sides where it's easier to motivate the players and he can set us up on the counter, as he definitely seems to prefer playing as the underdog. It's the next cluster of mid table teams we play that I worry more about (including Atalanta).

MichaelRed

But guys we obviously need Messi, two new midfielders, prime Iniesta and Carrick along with a world class RB to win against Villa and Everton at home. Can't you see that? Believe.
But he didn't crucify Donny for throwing his chewing gum. MY MANAGER.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Ole is just not getting enough from what is undoubtedly our best squad in a decade. The excellent result against Villareal in midweek was undeserved, not a fair reflection of the game. Everton were plenty worth a point this afternoon too.

We haven't played anywhere near our potential for about 5 or 6 games now. Ole has to turn it around fast or be shown the door. Sad as that is to say.

Erics_Collar

He was given a 3 year contract extension what, 4 months ago?

He's not going anywhere until the end of the season. Get real.

NK86

If he truly loves the club he goes
Love the club more than the millions he will lose if he was to be fired. He may be a fan but he is not stupid. He knows this is it for him. If he cannot get a tune of that group of attackers, he is not getting a decent managerial chance after this. He was a nobody as a coach before us. He will be the same after.

Smores

Not a lot of credit left in the bank at this point. Doesn't have long to turn our form around and show significant improvements.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I was on the edge of Ole not being good enough, but was willing to give him until May, but not anymore for me. Sick of the shit on the shit football, his team selections, his subs and over reliance on individual players to save him.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Starting to drift isn't it? I love the guy but results will see him gone if this keeps up.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It's so obvious he's a top 4 at best coach and no longer matches our ambitions. Our possesion play is still mediocre.

lloyd2wayne

Not good one bit to manage United. Let’s be honey the only reason he got the job is because he’s a former player. Even when we were looking for an interim manager, I wanted us to hire Blanc instead of Ole.

He’s just soo bad. I have wanted him out since we lost to that champions league game against Istanbul. The fact that he was smiling and being giddy on the 94th minute when we are drawing with Everton is criminal.

The board has to be brave here. If they really want and after money like it’s been portrayed then you have no better cash cow than Manchester United. Hire a coach and football people with knowledge of the game, the more United win big trophies the more money they make x10.

It’s inevitable he will be fired so why not do it now?

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
If people really want him out surely the only way to do that is at the game? I'm sure if Ole sees the fans have turned he won't want to stay.
Took ages to happen with previous managers, arguably didn't happen on a large scale at all.

No chance it happens with Ole.

Devil81

That laugh and smile honestly hurt me, I love the guy but that just made me think this is a guy happy with what he's seeing.

Whilst Ronaldo is off down the tunnel showing him how he should fecking feel.

How can you respect a manager when he's smiling like that, he needs to making the players fear him.

Acole9

Outstanding
How can people still be supporting him? I don't like sacking managers but he is crap. Surely people don't actually enjoy watching this.

flappyjay

Was my favorite player growing up but as a manager I am growing to hate him. How many times we are going to get countered from our own set pieces and get scored for him to learn.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I’ve been Ole in for a long long time. I don’t think the job he has done has been nearly appreciated enough even though we haven’t had anything to show for it but it’s time up for me. He’s taken us as far as he can.

I also think he’s beginning to lose the dressing room. Previously it was a group of players he had built a siege mentality up with. They were in it together and working towards a common goal. I think belief they can achieve that common goal under him is evaporating at a time when they have made huge steps towards it.

I think the likes of Ronaldo, Varane and co, while consummate professionals will be asking difficult questions of him in that dressing room right now and rightly so.

LoneStar

Ole is just not getting enough from what is undoubtedly our best squad in a decade. The excellent result against Villareal in midweek was undeserved, not a fair reflection of the game. Everton were plenty worth a point this afternoon too.

We haven't played anywhere near our potential for about 5 or 6 games now. Ole has to turn it around fast or be shown the door. Sad as that is to say.
This is what's most frustrating to me. This is such a good squad we have now, and it would be so sad if this set of players didn't end up winning anything.

Jev

I've backed him for a long time and I believe he was the right manager for us up until this point in terms of getting a feel good factor back in the squad.

But there's no excuse for such a star-studded team playing so poorly and disjointed game after game after game. He's getting less out of the team than the sum of its parts and I've lost faith he can improve enough. I doubt his position will be threatened any time soon but it really should be.

Raw

We're getting further and further away from a title challenge. We've got a nightmare run coming up, let's see how long he lasts.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Remind me how much he's spent on our defence??

I remember the excuses fans were making for him last year, that we needed another CB. We could play a team of defenders and still fail to keep a clean sheet with Ole.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
He is managing an under-performing side. It is his responsibility. Just put Ronaldo in charge and sign Ole up for Squid Game.

Status
Not open for further replies.