Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roboc7

Last season was his peak, he’s done now and we just have to waste another season watching the inevitable play out before our eyes. That new contract is uptime meaningless as it won’t save him but looks even more of a stupid decision now than it did at the time.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I’ve been Ole in for a long long time. I don’t think the job he has done has been nearly appreciated enough even though we haven’t had anything to show for it but it’s time up for me. He’s taken us as far as he can.

I also think he’s beginning to lose the dressing room. Previously it was a group of players he had built a siege mentality up with. They were in it together and working towards a common goal. I think belief they can achieve that common goal under him is evaporating at a time when they have made huge steps towards it.

I think the likes of Ronaldo, Varane and co, while consummate professionals will be asking difficult questions of him in that dressing room right now and rightly so.
Yeah you might be onto something. Ronaldo walking off straight down the tunnel says a lot to me. Can imagine him going absolutely ballistic in there.

fergosaurus

He'll not be here next season and it's clear he's taken us as far as his limitations allow him. The thing is I don't trust the board to replace him with the right appointment.

It's hard not to be completely demoralised after the state of our last four managers. At least Ole will have left behind a squad with potential so that's something to cling on to.

M Bison

Supports
York City
No game for 2 weeks now, I’m really not sure where we go from here. The obvious answer is to sack him but I personally think it’s unrealistic the club will take that action this early in the season.

I suspect we’ll have a depressing game against Leicester and get a pasting against Liverpool before we see any movement.

Kag

Yeah, because we have Ole. That's the point.
We wouldn’t win it without Ole either, although we’ve gone round in these circles before.

Criticism is justifiable at the moment, absolutely, but the midfield situation is truly dire.

NK86

He's a top 4 and Europa League level manager. No more than that no matter what players he has.
He is NOT a top 4 manager. Have you seen our team! This team has Ole as the anvil around their neck. He is actually pulling down a squad ready to compete for the title to a top 4 position as he is that poor. If our team was a team where top 4 would have been a scrap, he would have us 7-8th. We saw that before Bruno came in. It's absolutely evident he brings down the overall ability of the team single-handedly.

Chairman Steve

Why does 80% of games under him made to look harder than it actually is? It feels like a lot of games we win in the past calendar year are 1-0 or 2-1, where we’re holding on by the seat of our pants until 90 minute stoppage time or the opposing team looks much more threatening than we do throughout the game.

Mr Smith

Look. It's early on in the season and there's still theoretically time to turn it round. If we win upcoming games against the big sides in October, as we've done before under Ole, things could look very different. But...

It's getting harder and harder to defend Ole, or even remain neutral. He has a lot of great qualities, but it's painfully obvious the coaching is substandard. How are we so poor at defensive transitions? How is it possible that when a team breaks on us, we can have an entire side of the pitch not covered by a single player? And am I really expected to accept that a team with this much quality can't break down an Everton side missing four of its best players?

If you can't see the issues at this stage, I can only assume you don't want to. We should have improved more than we have by this point. But it is increasingly feeling like this is just Ole's ceiling...

Red Star One

If he truly loves the club he goes
He’s making millions and will never again manage a club of a similar status to United, most probably he’ll not even get anywhere close to that level. There is zero pressure on him achieving results as the board and many of our fans are very much satisfied with our top4 no trophies ambition. It’s a perfect situation for him and I’m surprised people are shocked to see him smiling at the final whistle - these lost points mean less to him than to many upset fans here, because Ole never seemed to have thought we actually have a chance at winning something, while some here rightly expected a challenge or two considering our squad. Not gonna happen.

freeurmind

weak willed
Should be gone by the end of the season, earlier if we're out of top 4 or fail to make it out of the CL group.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
If you're going to bench your best and most important player, you better win.

MuFc_1992

We lose - new manager needed!

Utter joke this fanbase.

2nd place and gradual improvement, multiple semi finals and a final

Squad in a much better place than ever before and some reason because of 1 loss we’re in free fall.

Jesus wept.

If Bruno had scored and if Villa’s goal been ruled out for offside, it’ll be a different story. Ole was fuming after the goal, but of course no one pays attention to that.
We've been absolutely horrendous against wolves, Southampton, West ham in league cup, Villa, Everton, Young Boys and Villareal. Do you really think we will do any better against better teams? This is our last chance to do well as we will lose Pogba next season and Ronaldo will be 37 so, we really need to get a decent manager before it's too late. Look how well sacking Lampard turned out for Chelsea. We need a decent manager to do well with what is a really good squad on paper. Ole was supposed to be a placeholder and he acts like one as well.

Reactions: Fortitude

SAFMUTD

He got us to consecutive UCLs something that no manager since Sir Alex had done, he's earned at least 3 more years without pressure.

Ole gets the club, has the DNA in his blood, he's a young manager thats still learning. He's only managed for 10 years or something like that so it's ok if he keeps learning here.

It will eventually come good, and even if we end up winning feck at all he'll leave the team in a much better place than what we had it under Mourinho. That was toxic you know? We should be grateful that it's not toxic anymore.

SER19

I’ve backed him for his entire reign. He’s taken us as far as he can. We need an elite manager To take the next step
Exact same.

Its time to sack him, its that simple. Even benitez would take this side further

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Townsend just said that considering the injuries Everton would usually be happy with 1 point. However considering the chances they had then they are disappointed not getting all 3 points.

bleedred

Double pivot at home is already bad, but it is understandable because Everton have a very physical and dynamic midfield. However, it should have been apparent to Ole that it wasn't working out long before half time, especially with how diabolical Fred's performance was. Left it too late to take Fred off, just like the PSG game last year when everyone and their dog knew that he was about to get sent off and cost us the game.

We completely dominated the second half bar that counterattack, and Rafa immediately went back to back 5 with 3 holding in front after they scored. The draw is not entirely on Ole since we played well and created a lot of chances and didn't take them, but his unconditional trust in Fred over VdB will be the reason we won't win anything and he eventually gets the sack.
Pickford had nothing to do in the second half. and even in the first a couple of saves.

RoyKeaneInTurin

I can't imagine what's going through the heads of people who think Ole will suddenly turn competent.

He has spent 55m on AWB and 70 and Sancho. I don't think any manager in the history of the game has been allowed to burn the kind of Money Ole has for no substantial results. I know we won't sack him but there is no PL club who'd keep him incharge.

James35

He was given a 3 year contract extension what, 4 months ago?

He's not going anywhere until the end of the season. Get real.
Two wrongs shouldn't make a right..but yeah you are probably correct, however the leeway this man gets because of his playing career with us is really having a negative effect.
No other manager would be getting the same level of support if they had no affiliation with the club.

Ronnie O'Sullivan

He'll not be here next season and it's clear he's taken us as far as his limitations allow him. The thing is I don't trust the board to replace him with the right appointment.

It's hard not to be completely demoralised after the state of our last four managers. At least Ole will have left behind a squad with potential so that's something to cling on to.
Oh yes he will. We will somehow scrap into top 4 and ole will have met his minimum requirements. And the owners will reward him with an improved 6 year contract.

InfiniteBoredom

I genuinely want to hear a good reason from the Ole ins as to why we should give up on this season just to give him a chance?

Are trophies won with other managers any less worthy than those he might win, which aren’t exactly forthcoming right now? What was Busby and Fergie to this club before they came here?

justboy68

I wonder how many more points we would have lost if half these teams weren't missing their best players? With the fixtures coming up we are absolutely toast.

El Zoido

He’s clearly done a lot of good for this club, but tactically he’s not good enough. Considering that we’re not set up to rotate managers, replacing him could be hugely disruptive. It would have to be an astute appointment, I hope we look at it if the right manager is available.

NK86

We wouldn’t win it without Ole either, although we’ve gone round in these circles before.

Criticism is justifiable at the moment, absolutely, but the midfield situation is truly dire.
That midfield is poor but it's not like Liverpool have prime Barca midfield. Ole cannot get a tune out of a structure to improve us and he cannot get our team to break down a low block. He is ok when we need to counter and he is all at sea without that.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
That laugh and smile honestly hurt me, I love the guy but that just made me think this is a guy happy with what he's seeing.

Whilst Ronaldo is off down the tunnel showing him how he should fecking feel.

How can you respect a manager when he's smiling like that, he needs to making the players fear him.
I never saw saf smiling even if we won a underserved scrappy 1 nil.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

Creating lower quality chances than an Benitez-led Everton team.

Ludens the Red

We completely dominated the second half bar that counterattack, and Rafa immediately went back to back 5 with 3 holding in front after they scored. The draw is not entirely on Ole since we played well and created a lot of chances and didn't take them, but his unconditional trust in Fred over VdB will be the reason we won't win anything and he eventually gets the sack.
:lol: Without fail every single game.

Where the heck were these lots of chances we created? I genuinely can’t remember one Pickford save in the second half.

Djemba-Djemba

He really doesn't help himself laughing and smiling after watching that.

I'm not asking for him to be sitting there in tears or smashing the dugout up but it's just not a good look to have had yet another appalling performance and shit result and then it cuts to the manager and he's having a laugh and a giggle on the side.

If he doesn't care then why should we?

tenpoless

Whoever we bring in next, whether soon or at the end of season, it has to be someone NOT a part of class of 92 or legends. They can help the reserve team if they want. Because I believe the board is stupid enough to appoint Rooney as manager so he reunites with Ronaldo.

Status
Not open for further replies.