Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Even if all the signs point to Ole not being good enough it has not reflected on the table. You can't say Ole is not good enough for a title challenge when he came 2nd last season and is currently 2 points off the 1st position. The expectation for Ole this season has been set and despite signs that we may not reach it, the reality is that we are still very much on track

That's exactly what I mean when I say people will always find a way to rule out the opinion of anyone who criticises Solskjaer. There's absolutely no way of telling if VDB is a factor in his thoughts at all.

As we know quite well, you don't need to be a dutchman in order to think that about our football.

People should counter what Blind is saying. Not Blind himself or his right to say it.
You think the assistant Manager of the Netherlands would be commenting on the Manchester United Manager's performace if one of their star players wasn't rotting on our bench?

Wake up.

youmeletsfly

Even if all the signs point to Ole not being good enough it has not reflected on the table. You can't say Ole is not good enough for a title challenge when he came 2nd last season and is currently 2 points off the 1st position. The expectation for Ole this season has been set and despite signs that we may not reach it, the reality is that we are still very much on track
C'mon man, seriously, are you out of your fecking mind?
It was an achievement we came in 2nd last season, 20 some points away from City?
If you are a real man united fan, and I'm not directing this at you, if you're even half a United fan, you can't be content with this fecking garbage and I'm not even referring to the results.

I hate the "Man United" way, because it was a romantic thing that worked 15 years ago but, if you're a United fan, you at least remember the "attacking" part of it, the identity. Can you seriously say that this team is "very much on track" of playing a brand of football worthy for the 3rd/4th biggest club on the planet?

Giggsy13

You mean the 2 week title challenge last season where our rivals were slowed down by Lampard and injuries to their key players?

2 points out now having played the easiest schedule out of our rivals. Next 10 games will determine whether we’re contenders or bluffers.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Think the In group have already absolved him of failing to challenge this season.
I am somewhat in the middle. No matter how far or close we are, the timing of his departure should depend entirely on the availability of a proper replacement.
Agreed. I'm definitely in the Ole isn't good enough and never will be club but I can't see the point in getting rid of him tomorrow because we know the club don't have any plan B. If by some strange twist of fate the club do have a plan B and that plan B would be to get Zidane in as interim until the end of the season and then tap up Ten Hag then I'd pay for Oles airfare back to Norway with no problems at all but what's the chances?

It's inevitable Ole is leaving sooner or later and it is a worrying situation about who coming in next. 8 years of shit on a stick football really has tested my resolve. Let's hope the next one in makes it worth while cause I ain't getting any feckin younger.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I see that Redcafe are respecting and agreeing with Danny Blind, who is not at all angry that DVB isn't playing regular football today.

MUFC OK

The next 10 games will tell us a hell of a lot. He has to get results and be no more than 5 pts off top by the start of December for us to still be in title contention imo. If we’d taken advantage of the ‘easy’ start to the season he could get away with draws in the big games but we now need to win 1 or 2.

The expectation shouldn’t change, this was meant to be a title challenging season for us and so ill judge him based on that. If we go out at the group stages of the CL the season is a failure and he should be sacked too. We need to hit form fast and sustain it.

Amir

You think the assistant Manager of the Netherlands would be commenting on the Manchester United Manager's performace if one of their star players wasn't rotting on our bench?

Wake up.
He would be talking abour us becasue he was asked about us. Not because he woke up thinking 'today I shall talk about United'.

Maybe he waa asked by a dutch journalist who was thinking about VDB'a situation. In no way it discredits Blind's view.

MUFC OK

I see that Redcafe are respecting and agreeing with Danny Blind, who is not at all angry that DVB isn't playing regular football today.
Everything he’s said it spot on. We can all hope that Ole turns this around but it’s staring us in the face that he’s not capable of taking us further than a top 3 finish, miles off the title winners.

I think some are in denial about our current plight and need to get real and judge things objectively. OGS has done well to get us here but there’s no evidence so far that he can take the next, big step.

MUFC OK

You mean the 2 week title challenge last season where our rivals were slowed down by Lampard and injuries to their key players?

2 points out now having played the easiest schedule out of our rivals. Next 10 games will determine whether we’re contenders or bluffers.
I can see nothing other than a complete mixed bag in those fixtures, something like 3 wins, 4 draws, 3 defeats.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Doesn’t mean what he’s saying is baseless though, does it? He’s telling the truth.

If Utd looked a coherent side who weren’t wasting an embarrassment of attacking riches he obviously wouldn’t have said it.

He might well be saying it because he feels a talented young player is going to waste under a clueless manager, but it doesn’t mean what he’s saying has any less worth.

People are often prompted into speaking out due to being personally affected by the issue.

Indeed, you’re undermining Blind’s points simply because what he’s saying is damaging to a manager whose personality you like.

If you disagreed with Blind’s points you’d surely pick them apart rather than picking the man apart himself.

el3mel

Blind said nothing wrong but we don't need him to tell us what we know, that Ole is an awful coach. We know that by watching the team regularly, so his comments is just a bonus. Agreeing or disagreeing with it doesn't change the tactical mess we see on the pitch twice a week.

jamesjimmybyrondean

C'mon man, seriously, are you out of your fecking mind?
It was an achievement we came in 2nd last season, 20 some points away from City?
If you are a real man united fan, and I'm not directing this at you, if you're even half a United fan, you can't be content with this fecking garbage and I'm not even referring to the results.

I hate the "Man United" way, because it was a romantic thing that worked 15 years ago but, if you're a United fan, you at least remember the "attacking" part of it, the identity. Can you seriously say that this team is "very much on track" of playing a brand of football worthy for the 3rd/4th biggest club on the planet?
Never said 2nd place was an achievement though. Its reasonable to think Ole is capable of a title challenge when every season with new additions we improve and just last season we came 2nd. We were ahead of Chelsea and Liverpool and somehow Ole is the one incapable of a title challenge despite also currently just being 2 points off the table.

All I'm saying is time will tell on whether Ole is capable of a title challenge but right now it's early to judge. These upcoming fixtures will be a good measure. Let's see where we are then.

As for our attacking identity i'm ok with it as long we are winning. The real problem is the poor defensive structure

Sviken

Never said 2nd place was an achievement though. Its reasonable to think Ole is capable of a title challenge when every season with new additions we improve and just last season we came 2nd. We were ahead of Chelsea and Liverpool and somehow Ole is the one incapable of a title challenge despite also currently just being 2 points off the table.

All I'm saying is time will tell on whether Ole is capable of a title challenge but right now it's early to judge. These upcoming fixtures will be a good measure. Let's see where we are then.

As for our attacking identity i'm ok with it as long we are winning. The real problem is the poor defensive structure
Well, it's not like he spent significantly more money than both Chelsea and Liverpool...

hobbers

As he has a right to be.

Whatever you think of Donny, Ole probably has made promises he hasn't yet fulfilled on playing time. And McFred have been absolutely shite so far this season.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

Such great managerial pedigree...
Maybe Ole can get some advice from Danny Blind based on Blind‘s own successful and inspirational managerial career?
That is typical "ad hominem" logical mistake. It is not important how good is/was Blind as a coach. At all. He said his opinion and it is up to you to comment is he right or wrong.
By your logic nobody should ever say anything against Ferguson or comment Ferguson because he is the goat

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
That is typical "ad hominem" logical mistake. It is not important how good is/was Blind as a coach. At all. He said his opinion and it is up to you to comment is he right or wrong.
By your logic nobody should ever say anything against Ferguson or comment Ferguson because he is the goat
To be fair I think it’s a valid point. You can’t really criticize Ferguson given what he’s achieved in football.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Its a bit of a circular argument. Blind was a bad coach - So what does he know about management? If he knew so much about how to play, his team would do it, no?

If he's bad at management, why is his opinion suddenly correct?

If he was a good manager who knew what he was doing, he wouldn't be bad at managing a football team. But he was.

To be very clear, I'm firmly on the side of the argument that everyone are overreacting like absolutely crazy and need to calm down.

Sviken

To be fair I think it’s a valid point. You can’t really criticize Ferguson given what he’s achieved in football.
You can. He has made quite a bit of mistakes which he himself has even admitted to. Just because he is the greatest doesn't make him infallible, let alone someone like Ole.

Its a bit of a circular argument. Blind was a bad coach - So what does he know about management? If he knew so much about how to play, his team would do it, no?

If he was a good manager who knew what he was doing, he wouldn't be bad at managing a football team. But he was.

To be very clear, I'm firmly on the side of the argument that everyone are overreacting like absolutely crazy and need to calm down.
I know nothing about coaching and I can tell our team is coached very badly, let alone a professional footballer. Plus, you're talking as if Ole is a great manager or something, he is not. He is average to below average. There's really nothing to his resume that would scream "damn, this guy knows what he is doing"

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
You can. He has made quite a bit of mistakes which he himself has even admitted to. Just because he is the greatest doesn't make him infallible, let alone someone like Ole.
Everyone makes mistakes in any field they are involved in. It’s inevitable. Any manager going on a rant like this against Ferguson would be silly.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!

I know nothing about coaching and I can tell our team is coached very badly, let alone a professional footballer. Plus, you're talking as if Ole is a great manager or something, he is not. He is average to below average. There's really nothing to his resume that would scream "damn, this guy knows what he is doing"
I'm not saying that at all, I just pointed out that the argument is circular. I haven't mentioned Ole.

I do also think that people are overreacting way more than a little bit to what has been a good season start in the Premier League compared to previous years.

Amir

If things worked like that, the world of commentary would barely exist, inside and outside of sports. Why would someone criticise the prime minister when he himself has never held a pubilc position, etc.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
If things worked like that, the world of commentary would barely exist, inside and outside of sports. Why would someone criticise the prime minister when he himself has never held a pubilc position, etc.
Well yeah, of course.

Anyone can criticize anything.

For example I never knew there were so many experts on climate change after every announcement re: moving on from fossil fuel cars.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus

By that logic, your opinion is absolutely worthless (Unless you're secretly Alex Ferguson, in which case I'm sorry for everything I've ever said) and the opinion of those that agree with Blind has slightly more weight as there's an actual qualified football coach saying this.

Eriku

Ole when he knows he's not up to the job but gets handed an extension to his contract, hundreds of millions to buy players, can still stink up the place and there's still supporters who will hear no criticism and don't care if he never wins as long as he's in charge.
Why do people talk about him like he’s some dude who’s pleased about bluffing a club that he loves for a pay-day? Ole would hate to go out with nothing more to show for it than consecutive top 4 placements.

You lot make him out to be some Bond villain of mediocrity, rather than a club legend.

Wilt

Ole when he knows he's not up to the job but gets handed an extension to his contract, hundreds of millions to buy players, can still stink up the place and there's still supporters who will hear no criticism and don't care if he never wins as long as he's in charge.
We‘ve a squad that is the envy of many and a manager that nobody else wants.

Shark

@NotShark
Why do people talk about him like he’s some dude who’s pleased about bluffing a club that he loves for a pay-day? Ole would hate to go out with nothing more to show for it than consecutive top 4 placements.

You lot make him out to be some Bond villain of mediocrity, rather than a club legend.
He's a club legend on the pitch and always will be. As a manager he's certainly coming across as as an individual that's content to just continue plodding along. Happy to just be at United because no other Premier League club would even think of hiring him.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
As great as Fergie was, even he was wrong at points in his career. No manager is perfect and no manager is free from fair criticism.

Back to Ole though, I dont think anything said by Blind is unfair.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Read the article. He says he would do that. :lol:
Just find it funny saying he needs game time then subs him off regardless of how long he’s played for club anyway. Pretty shitty shot at having a pop at Ole to be fair, and I’m not his biggest fan either.

Status
Not open for further replies.