Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Just watching the post match press conference. He is so basic in his analysis. Talking about not winning the 50/50s and earning the right to win.

Sunday league manager.
He is a manager who said that desire is more important that tactics. "Who wants it more, wins". He is a joke. Our rivals are laughing to us

Foxbatt

Ah, Yes, Conte will solve everything.

Don't get me wrong, Ole needs to sort things out, and something needs to change, but my God Contes style of football will be no better than what we are watching now.
At least we will win.

Foxbatt

He's turned Ronaldo into Heskey. Frightening how a manager this bad can be managing one of the biggest clubs on the planet. After the window we had the fans were mostly buzzing with optimism and now it's very possible even top 4 might be in danger if this clueless joke remains at helm.
I do not care if he turns Heskey into Frank Bruno. I want him gone now.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
You do realise if we beat Liverpool we are just one point behind them yeah?
First it was "we are joined at top". Then "we are one point from first". Now we only "need to beat Liverpool".
We can beat them but in a long run, we can't win anything with failed Cardiff manager on the bench. How many proof people need, ffs? Our every game is a struggle, we look awful on the pitch. That will not become better under him.

D. Mungai

This. We are playing Atalanta and Pool next week. Then we have Spurs followed by Atalanta and City. By November 6 we could be out of CL and PL championship race. This is a disaster. Pool and City games are guaranteed losses imo, the two games against Atalanta will yield 3 points max. After the summer we have just had and the squad available, it should be curtains for any manager at United, if we throw 2 huge white towels by the first week of November.
A genuine inquest must be launched by the powers that be, about Ole and the Club's direction.
A postmortem of how we are here must be conducted.

The corridors of powers in United MUST come up with a stand. As it stands supporters are left stranded while it seems the club hierarchy does not care.

Leadership is needed from the highest office in United.

Even a crisis board meeting will do for now, at least we will know if results and club direction doesn't change Ole will be sacked.

But as it is, i think everybody deep down know Ole is out of his depth and the club won't do anything.
Sad

Devil81

Ole should be thanked for helping us through a period of transition of the playing staff and moved aside for a manager with a better track record of success.

I just don't think he can handle this group of players.

Thiagoal

Now we have serial winners like CR7 and Varane in the squad, his ineptitude will not be tolerated for too much longer. Things could turn VERY nasty over the next few weeks…

passing-wind

Just watching the post match press conference. He is so basic in his analysis. Talking about not winning the 50/50s and earning the right to win.

Sunday league manager.
I've always got this vibe from Solskjaer he doesn't seem very diligent concerning his profession. Has no essence of depth in anything, even the training videos of the team looks too lax. The club will benefit astronomically with a better manager / coach.

b82REZ

A leak from Ole's half time team talk

You've got to hold and give
But do it at the right time
You can be slow or fast
But you must get to the line
They'll always hit you and hurt you
Defend and attack
There's only one way to beat them
Get 'round the back

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Yeah but we'll lose to Watford somewhere later in the season so it won't matter.
Liverpool is the sort of game we turn up, but I do not have great hope for City game as we usually lose against them at home. As you say we will then go and mess up against a lesser team, because we go out with the wrong attitude, wrong attitude usually translates from the manager.

FatTails

Just a quirk of it being so early in the season, I don’t know how you can seriously think this is a good argument. If we beat Liverpool, we will be on 17 points from 9 games, or 1.889 points a game, which would be just shy of 72 points in a whole season. We are currently on 14 from 8, a rate which would put us on 67 points for a season.

The better question is, after seeing us get 1 point from Villa at home, an injury ravaged Everton at home, and an out of form Leicester away, what makes you think we can improve on our average of 1.75 points a game, and especially do that in the short term in the tough run coming up? What did you see today that tells you there is any sign of that?

Always look at PPM, especially early in the season when point difference will always be low due to the small number of games. Liverpool’s is 2.25, which is 86 points compared to our 67. They’ve already played Chelsea and City too.

Foxbatt

If Klopp goes all crazy and attack us we may win. I do not think he is going to do that. If we do not give space it is rare we score.

BarryChuckle

I've read this forum for 10+ years, but never posted before. Not sure if this is quite the right thread, but thought i'd chuck my thoughts out there.

Firstly, let me preface this by saying I don't think Ole is a good enough manager to lead us to trophies, he doesn't coach a pattern of attacking play, that sort of thing; but right now I can't see anyone who's an obvious, gettable replacement.

But, even if we did replace him, do we think many other managers are going to do a better job with this squad? Whilst, on paper, there's plenty of good players in the squad, I think it's fundamentally flawed. It lack's cohesion, an obvious philosophy (I think this is structural, rather than be something you can pin on Ole), and carries far to many players who trade on reputations rather than what they produce on the pitch - Pogba, Maguire, Martial, etc - But this statement leads me onto my major point.

Ronaldo.

Not watched loads of him in last few years, I was aware he'd lost his pace, and was purely a finisher these days, but i've been astonished how little he's offered in almost every game. He's rarely in the game, his touch is heavy, and when does have a chance he isn't always this lethal finisher we thought we were getting - See him running offside from the Rashford ball today. You can't carry passengers in modern football and I think we're stuck with him for the foreseeable.

We also lack a midfield engine room of any sort. How we didn't reinforce there this summer is beyond me. If that's Ole's fault then he needs to go for that alone.

We can replace Ole with someone new, but how anyone else is going to shape this mishmash into a title challenging team is beyond me. We can replace Ole, but I don't think it's going to take us anywhere fast unless the changes are farer reaching than just replacing him.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
How this season's gone so far:

Top of the league!
Joint top
1 point off the leaders
3 points off the leaders
1 point below Liverpool if we beat them

It's all so tiresome...

KingCavani

Childish? Really?
Maybe it's childish to believe that business men believe that not winning will lead to increased profit!!
Ridiculous to be frank.
Again arguing something no one has said. Strawmanning nonsense. Pathetic.

gazbradley

I felt he deserved the right to have this season and I’ll stick with that but I have to admit it’s getting harder to defend that way of thinking.
I’ve never been totally convinced he would lead us to a title but today was one of the worst displays I’ve seen for a long time, it really had end of Jose reign type feelings about it.
He needs to get the players playing with some confidence soon cos we have some big games coming and a big defeat to Liverpool or City and the clamour for him to leave is gonna be huge I fear

Sviken

Never should have been given a permanent contract in the first place. It fecked us over. He did his job in getting rid of Mourinho's toxicity during that season and that was commendable. But that was all he had and needed to do. The job should have been given to someone with an actual résumé after the season. None of what followed would have happened then. Instead our feck up of a board, for no reason whatsoever, decided to give him a permament 3 years deal before even the season finished. Not only that but then later on gave him another such deal for absolutely no reason. And now we're in the crappy situation we are in.

Ole has never been good enough for a club of United's stature and it is a fairy tale to pretend otherwise. He should have been a caretaker manager and fans would have remembered him way more fondly. Now to me he'll always be a United legend as a player, that will never change no matter how much of a shambles he is as a manager. But he was never good as a manager and the honorable thing would be now for him to resign, along with the rest of his incompetent coaching staff, especially Carrick and McKenna. There is no place for sentimentality in this club. Get the best coaches, get the best managers, get the best players. That's the goal. The two greatest figures at this club were never United players to begin with.

SER19

How this season's gone so far:

Top of the league!
Joint top
1 point off the leaders
3 points off the leaders
1 point below Liverpool if we beat them

It's all so tiresome...
So exhausting as if having only played 8 games (with good fixtures) has nothing to do with proximity to those teams. We're so far behind its depressing

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Never should have been given a permanent contract in the first place. It fecked us over. He did his job in getting rid of Mourinho's toxicity during that season and that was commendable. But that was all he had and needed to do. The job should have been given to someone with an actual résumé after the season. None of what followed would have happened then. Instead our feck up of a board, for no reason whatsoever, decided to give him a permament 3 years deal before even the season finished. Not only that but then later on gave him another such deal for absolutely no reason. And now we're in the crappy situation we are in.

Ole has never been good enough for a club of United's stature and it is a fairy tale to pretend otherwise. He should have been a caretaker manager and fans would have remembered him way more fondly. Now to me he'll always be a United legend as a player, that will never change no matter how much of a shambles he is as a manager. But he was never good as a manager and the honorable thing would be now for him to resign, along with the rest of his incompetent coaching staff, especially Carrick and McKenna. There is no place for sentimentality in this club. Get the best coaches, get the best managers, get the best players. That's the goal. The two greatest figures at this club were never United players to begin with.
How many times does it work out when a caretaker manager gets the job full time. Not often I bet.

Ralph1386

Agree with a lot of what you said. The only thing I could disagree with is that he could have been given the permanent contract the first time around but only after the season had ended and been evaluated.

He really did bring back a feel good factor at the beginning but that is sadly becoming a distant memory.

Revan

Assumptionman
When did you guys realise Ole wasn't the right guy? For me it was Arsenal away 2019
During his first season when the xG was clearly showing that we are shit, despite that we were winning matches. To then get two points out of 15, during a race for UCL.

jamesjimmybyrondean

I think the club's given target for Ole is at least a title challenge or at least top 4 and a trophy. They won't pull the trigger until any of this possible even though ute quite obvious what will happen

Status
Not open for further replies.