Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Yep, that is exactly the case mate. We are down 5 pts already after 8 games. And we still have not played Arsenal, Liverpool, Man City, Spurs, Chelsea or even Brighton who seem to be doing nice for themselves.
He who doesn't see the catastrophe is just delusional.
Chelsea has already player City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs and they are 5 pts ahead of us. City have already played Chelsea, Leicester, Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal.
It's over for Ole. Of course the board will give him until mathematically impossible to get into the CL but right now we should sack ole and try to find a better manager before the geordies get the cream and we end up with Koeman or smth

So good, so good :D
What happens if we beat the teams you e mentioned??
Very defeatist attitude, as we could conceivably beat them!
Footballs a funny old game.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Again arguing something no one has said. Strawmanning nonsense. Pathetic.
Grow up, Jesus wept.
A team that doesn't win is not going to be a draw for sponsors.
Simple business really.

RuudTom83

Ole is like a kid at Christmas with too many toys to play with.

But he has always been somewhat learning on the job…his latest challenge is going to be learning you can’t play with all your toys at once.

Pressure is building hey it’s not over yet! Believe!

fergies coat

He's needs to go asap now but the board will dither and leave it too late like usual.

People moaning about the lack of options in midfield, we were lacking a lot more in midfield for years under Sir Alex yet we still won trophies.

He's had a fair chance now. Why wait any longer? He's not good enough.

hobbers

I think the club's given target for Ole is at least a title challenge or at least top 4 and a trophy. They won't pull the trigger until any of this possible even though ute quite obvious what will happen
Nothing will happen until Woodward is out of his current role.

Then, because he's probably too much of a corporate drone to take risks, you can bet that replacement dick won't do anything until whatever "sack" clause is triggered, probably when we're mathematically unable to qualify for the top four.

el3mel

No I don't, but we still have a chance of winning, unless 5 points is insurmountable??
We had the easiest fixture list to start the season in comparison with our other rivals. When will people stop talking about those 5 points gap ? It's actually shit to be 5 points away from Chelsea side who's leading the table despite playing against Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham and City. Meanwhile our strongest opponent were Leicester and they destroyed us 4-2 that could have been 6 or 7.

Foxbatt

Aren't we crap at the counter attack now though. Teams counter our counter?
Yes that is true. We get counter attacked while we are counter attacking them. heck we even concede from corners we take too. This has gone beyond The Moyes era. This team on paper is much stronger than the one Moyes inherited. All young players bar Matic. Why did we buy Sancho instead of getting a world class midfield player? Why did we buy DVB if we never play him? As another OP said Iniesta and Xavi is not going to get into this side. Because they pass and move.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
When everyone you know who supports Liverpool, Chelsea and City are telling you they hope he is manager for the next ten years you know you're in trouble.

DomM

He's done his best but it's simply not good enough. Is tactically naive and his coaches don't seem to make any difference, they all appear confused with no clear direction.
Thank you Ole, you have done some good but its time to move on and find someone with real football intelligence.

Hawks2008

If he never manages another game for us it'll be too soon. Unfortunately I'm sure he will be given enough time to crash us out of the CL group stages once more.

The league is a different beast today, gone are the days you could simple build a much better team than anyone else. Too many good managers and too many rich clubs, hell even the smaller clubs like Villa can demand an absolute fortune for their players.

Coaching is too important in today’s game as is fine details that give you the advantage at this level, and Ole clearly has no clue how he wants to play or which players to bring in that will help him with that. It’s just stick 11 players on and expect them to solve it, even today he thinks “something has to give” after spending two weeks preparing for this game.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Are we surprised? We renewed Mata AGAIN this summer for 160k/w and his only playing time this season has been 62 minutes in the Carabao cup. We renewed 38-year old Grant for 30k/w to be a fourth choice GK and people were rejoicing. We gave Matic a 3 year contract last season. Apparently, we're now trying hard to renew Lingard's.

Waiting for a new Phil Jones contract.
Yeap, all of that plus so much more. Even offering Pogba 400K/week is totally ridiculous. I won't
even judge if he is that good of a player in general, maybe he can be for somebody but considering we have no clue how to make him work and he's been extremely unproductive and inconsistent for us, United paying him that much is pure insanity and yet we are with him not even agreeing

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
If he never manages another game for us it'll be too soon. Unfortunately I'm sure he will be given enough time to crash us out of the CL group stages once more.
He will be given enough time to crash out of CL group and make our top 4 finishing impossible, ruining even the next year for us. I have no idea why people think we still can do top4 this year, considering the abysmal results and playing quality. Everybody and their grandmother are exposing us

Eddy_JukeZ

I have this horrible feeling that this might be the worst season we'll endure post-SAF. Our performances are absolutely abysmal with the quality we have.

All of the hoopla in the summer and excitement seems like years ago now.

I have zero faith in our board being proactive. And there's still fans who think he should see out the season. Those fans have to be wumming at this point.

MichaelRed

If Ole is given one more month he will have destroyed every minor positive that he ever brought to this club as a manager. He's credited with raising the atmosphere with both players and fans, promoting youth, clearing deadwood & getting us back into the CL.

The atmosphere is on the floor amongst the fans, even the away supporters left the game early today, something that's just unheard of for our support. The players look flat & even Pogba has come out after the game bascially saying we don't have good tactics. He promised a future at the club to Jesse, a lie that will now see us lose a £20-30m player for free as he has no intention of extending now it's clear Ole was untruthful with his promises. Van de Beek is in a similar position in that he was promised game time that was a clear lie & is creating more & more of an unsettled & toxic atmosphere. Pogba is going to force an exit on a free. Dean Henderson will be fuming with how his career is looking right now & we saw how shockingly Ole handled the Sergio Romero situation.

Promoting youth? McTominay has regressed. Rashford & Greenwood have stagnated & are no different to what they were 3 years ago. Martial hasn't progressed & is, like McTominay & Rashford, no longer a young player. Dalot has been brought back for seemingly no reason. 40m wasted on Diallo as he was mismanaged & immediately replaced with Sancho a season later. Sancho is being misused also.

Clearing deadwood? He extended contracts for Mata & Jones for vibes. Neither will ever play for United again but we'll block youth players routes to the first team & throw millions of pounds at them. Didn't take what could have been a good 30-40m for a 2nd choice Goalkeeper. Didn't take 20-30m for Lingard who we'll lose for free. Didn't replace Matic despite clearly only trusting him enough to play him once every 6 weeks. Let's not forget that we extended Ighalo's stay here and didn't give him a single minute. Ole clings to deadwood just as much as anyone else but gets praised for letting Lukaku & Fellaini leave.

Back into the CL? If he's in charge for our next 2 games you can wave the CL goodbye for this season & if he stays too long in the PL he's capable of doing the impossible and dragging this immense squad of talent outside the top 4. He has already wiped out any progress he may have made with us & he needs to leave before he does any further damage to the club. This disaster should have never been allowed to start and someone needs to wake the club up from their childish dream.

spiriticon

The frustrating thing is that I wouldn't mind so much if we were playing really well and not getting the results.

But we are just getting battered game after game after game, regardless of level of the opposition.

It's just so fecking bad. The worst I've seen in his tenure and we've signed 3 top players to improve the team!

DarkDog

What happens if we beat the teams you e mentioned??
Very defeatist attitude, as we could conceivably beat them!
Footballs a funny old game.
For me it doesn't matter anymore. I have been his supporter since he was appointed and i was always hoping he would be our Zidane. But now for 3 years we haven't won anything. He is our longest serving manager, he has been given most money.
You can get away with not having understanding of top level tactics with youth players who have not seen anything better. But now when you can obviously see that Ronaldo, Varane and others are clearly frustrated with his tactics, if you can call it that. For gods sake Varane called his tactics ''definitely interesting''. You cannot cheat with having world class players around you. For me it is over. But you can always come back to me when we finish this run of Leicester, Liverpool, Spurs, Man City, Watford, Chelsea and Arsenal and are top of the league.

When everyone you know who supports Liverpool, Chelsea and City are telling you they hope he is manager for the next ten years you know you're in trouble.
Dude I am in whatsapp group with 2 liverpool fans, 1 chelsea fan, 1 city fan, 2 man utd fans, 1 lyon fan and 1 real madrid fan. all are begging the lord above for Solskjaer to be given a new 10 year deal.

JG3001

I have this horrible feeling that this might be the worst season we'll endure post-SAF. Our performances are absolutely abysmal with the quality we have.

All of the hoopla in the summer and excitement seems like years ago now.

I have zero faith in our board being proactive. And there's still fans who think he should see out the season. Those fans have to be wumming at this point.
Anyone who has Ole in their username is a WUM, it’ll come out once he’s sacked. I just wish that day comes tomorrow, sadly, it won’t be until it’s too late

Adnan

Talent Spotter
They also said Jose‘s job was “safe” at one point

Like I said before, I think they'll evaluate his position up until the Arsenal home game, and if there isn't a improvement by then, he may well be sacked. And if you remember the timing of the Mourinho sacking, it was after a defeat to Liverpool which meant the subsequent fixtures were all very winnable for the new interim manager, which was ole at the time. I wouldn't be surprised if something similar happens again.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
It makes me sick that we do that. Why are we retaining managers who whom are clearly not wanted by anyone else. It’s all a bit bizarre. Let the come into last 6 to 4 months. We’re run by a fecking idiot.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies

Like I said before, I think they'll evaluate his position up until the Arsenal home game, and if there isn't a improvement by then, he may well be sacked. And if you remember the timing of the Mourinho sacking, it was after a defeat to Liverpool which meant the subsequent fixtures were all very winnable for the new interim manager, which was ole at the time. I wouldn't be surprised if something similar happens again.
Spookily on the very same date.

Foxbatt

We will beat Atlanta and Klopp would lose to us and then we will all say Ole is back at the wheel and then lose to Watford and all this starts again. He is a mediocre manager and he will be one.

Skills

Snitch

That wasn't incorrect though was it? It took another 2 months of dreadful form, and basically cost us any legitimate chance at top 4 before we actually sacked him.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
There was a poster who argued with me that Klopp got his full team potential only in his 3rd year and so Ole should also be given the same time frame.
:lol: looks like the team is now playing to the full potential.

Paxi

So fecking depressing.

Ole knows this aswell, which is the reason why he has the balls to smile in front of the camera dropping points against Everton at home.
I’m not happy about the results either but the bolded part is bollocks so stop it.

Paxi

So, yeah we’re at least couple of months away from a sacking. Couple that with Ole’s good working relationship with the board, relative to Mourinho, anyway, and class of 92 backing him to the hilt, and you’ve got a full season before he’s out the door. I’d be extremely surprised if he’s relieved of his duties before next summer, unfortunately.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
That wasn't incorrect though was it? It took another 2 months of dreadful form, and basically cost us any legitimate chance at top 4 before we actually sacked him.
We still had a decent chance of top 4 and almost made it, if it wasn't for losing to the relegation fodder, which cost us. This team is even better.

MichaelRed

We still had a decent chance of top 4 and almost made it, if it wasn't for losing to the relegation fodder, which cost us. This team is even better.
Yea, people act like Ole gave us a miracle turnaround and totally ignore the fact that we were in a great position to claim top 4 but lost 8 of our final 10 games with him in charge. It was so clear from the very start that he was nowhere near up to the task.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
Ole can still turn things around but he is giving himself a mountain to climb. The team are awful and so shaky at the back when pressed. Whatever happened to launching the ball up the pitch?

Just need to accept that Utd will be on a managerial merry-go-round for the foreseeable future.

I don't understand why Woodward is handing out contracts to Ole's coaching team considering that he is leaving soon. Utd will have to pay alot of compensation to people that don't really deserve it.

laughtersassassin

Our competitors employ Klopp Pep and Tuchel.

Us being silly enough to try beat them over a season with Ole is indicative of how clueless are club has become.

Status
Not open for further replies.