Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TsuWave

What I don't get is: From the outside it seems like you're in for 50% of the Bundesliga's top players. You signed Kagawa, Schweinsteiger and Mkhitaryan, now you signed Sancho and you were reported to be interested in a whole lot of others: Haaland, Bellingham, Upamecano, Diaby, Coman and Bailey e. g. Yet your approach to management and coaching is fundamentally different to what the players are used to in the Bundesliga. Why don't you try appointing a German, Dutch, Austrian or Swiss coach?
Not contesting your post, just wanted to say we tried Bellingham before he even touched German soil. Also, United is a big club so being linked with players is practically meaningless.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
We are replacing OGS, not Pep. There are hundreds of managers out there with the same qualifications as Ole. And I bet the vast majority of them would be better equipped to make us play better football than Ole. I hope the club can see that we can’t stick with Ole because there isn’t a big name currently available. There are so many better managers out there who would jump at the chance to manage Inited.
You could list doubts for literally every manager - Pep and Klopp included. No manager comes as a sure thing, so you sign a manager who represents what you're trying to implement. Managers likeTen Hag, Potter, Enrique. Coaches who implement a progressive style and sign players to compliment that style.
What I don't get is: From the outside it seems like you're in for 50% of the Bundesliga's top players. You signed Kagawa, Schweinsteiger and Mkhitaryan, now you signed Sancho and you were reported to be interested in a whole lot of others: Haaland, Bellingham, Upamecano, Diaby, Coman and Bailey e. g. Yet your approach to management and coaching is fundamentally different to what the players are used to in the Bundesliga. Why don't you try appointing a German, Dutch, Austrian or Swiss coach?
Sure, but despite our woes its not a full blow meltdown like it was with Jose (not yet anyway) so i much prefer the club use due dilligence and use time to find the perfect replacement instead of rushing to yet another appointment and we will be having this exact same dicussion in two years time

Also, the most intriguing options on that list in my eyes at least, are employed by other clubs as we speak so we might risk to having to pay a kings ransom to release them from their contracts, or they might even be unwilling to leave their clubs in the middle of the season out of respect/loyalty.

Lastly, and i see this argument quite often, that "if we act swiftly we might still win something/salvage the season". Do people honestly believe Zidane/Conte or whoever could just stroll in and snatch the league/CL in front of Pep and Klopp? Highly unlikely in my opinion and also a bit unfair on behalf of this hypothetical new manager as he would need time to implement his ideas into the team.

Of course if it all goes to shit and the players are openly rebelling or something, or we crash out of the CL and are languishing in midtable in a couple of months time, then the club has to take drastic measures and sack Ole ASAP, but as of now i think its wise to keep a cool head and weigh their options carefully

Eplel

Do people honestly believe Zidane/Conte or whoever could just stroll in and snatch the league/CL in front of Pep and Klopp?
If I asked you that question about Chelsea last year,before the Tuchel appointment, and while lampard had them in shambles, what would you say?

The whole point is that Ole is so shit that playing it "safe" is more risky than taking the risk.

el3mel

The continuous talking about rebuild is starting to feel overrated. Ole didn't sign hidden gems or squeezed success from unexpected signing. He didn't sign names no one thought would be good for us and made them great. He didn't develop any youngster bar Greenwood. He just splashed ton of money on already established world class or well known players. He signed the likes of Maguire, Varane, Ronaldo, Cavani, Bruno, Sancho..etc. Why are people acting like these kind of signings wouldn't have been done by any other manager when they became available ?

I mean give him credit and all that but continuously talking about this rebuild part as if Ole performed a miracle with his signings is so over the top.

Meanwhile people want to strip the board off any credit and even slaughter them for not paying more other players ? People were slaughtering the club for not getting our manager Sancho for 120m, they got him to him next summer for 90m and look at his performance, he has been shit regularly.

estel_manutd

Ronaldo is not the problem; our performance against Southampton and Wolves were no better. Ole can still turn this around. Few things in needs to do IMO:

1) We do not have the personnel to press in the opposition's half; we need to stop pressing from the front.
2) We have to drop Bruno or ask him to play like a central midfielder when he is picked.
3) We need to play three central midfielders from Scot, Fred, Matic, Pogba, Bruno, and VDB; Bruno and Pogba cannot play together in central midfield.

Castia

It feels like it’s coming to an end. I think he’ll be gone in November the team will probably be mid table after this run of fixtures and it’s simply not good enough.

Top 4 would have been enough of previous years but that squad should be aiming higher.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
If I asked you that question about Chelsea last year,before the Tuchel appointment, and while lampard had them in shambles, what would you say?

The whole point is that Ole is so shit that playing it "safe" is more risky than taking the risk.
No, i would have thought that highly unlikely and thinking we could replicate such a feat would be foolish imo.

TsuWave

Stop comparing him to Klopp, what's the use? Not even the more deluded ones think he's close to Klopp's level.
i don't think that's the main focus. To me, it just further highlights and corroborates how low standards have and continue to fall at this club

I Am Zlatan

At this point, what’s there to discuss? We simply have a much better team than what we are seeing week in week out, the sad part is, it has been the same since the start, regardless of the players, obviously players like Bruno can carry the team sometimes, but if you pay attention, you’ll see we have been the same for couple of seasons now, I think Ole has taken us as far as he can, but it’s time for a change, sad that it’s not working out, it would’ve been great having a club legend lead us back to glory, but we need to be more progressive as a club, it feels like we’re stuck in the 90s still, especially compared to other top clubs.. I just hope the club would be proactive than reactive this time.

laughtersassassin

Anyone listening to Monday Night footbal?

Basically Carragher thinks we should get rid at the end of the season even if he win the Europa and Fa Cup. Says he will never be better than Tuchel or Klopp or Pep.

Neville thinks if he wins one of those he should get to stay.

I agree with Carragher but think he should be gone before the season is lost.

The one thing they failed to mention is surely if we can third in the Easiest Group in the Champions League then he'd be fired their and then.

You could never ask for an easier group.

Essentially though Carragher is spot on. Ole done a decent job and built a good team but he won't Manchester United will need a manager as good as Pep Klopp Tuchel to compete. Continuing with Ole is just a waste of time really.v

laughtersassassin

Did he actually mention Europe fecking League or did I hear wrong ?
You did. Do they not realize for us to be in the Europa League we'd have to come third in the easiest group you could ever ask for in the CL.

He'd have to be sacked on the spot if that happened

el3mel

You did. Do they not realize for us to be in the Europa League we'd have to come third in the easiest group you could ever ask for in the CL.

He'd have to be sacked on the spot if that happened
The guy actually considers dropping to Europe fecking League again this season and winning it to be a sign for us progressing.

It's hilarious.

Chairman Steve

Dropping to the Europa League with our current team in that group would be catastrophic for Solskjaer and would be worthy of a sacking on its own.

Lewnited

Did he actually mention Europe fecking League or did I hear wrong ?
Surely that has to be a slip, he can't actually be suggesting that if we drop in to the EL but win the tournament then Ole's job should be safe... can he?!

laughtersassassin

Surely that has to be a slip, he can't actually be suggesting that if we drop in to the EL but win the tournament then Ole's job should be safe... can he?!
No he was saying that.

It's ridiculous though. Our CL group is easy as feck. Come third or 4th in that with our team would be a laughing stock

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
If we had won it last season I would have accepted it. If we land in there again it means he has learnt absolutely nothing about dealing with CL football.

el3mel

He also mentioned finishing top 4 in the same sentence as if it's some sort of progress. No, this is beyond hilarious.

laughtersassassin

Ole is very lucky that everyone thinks so little of him that the standards set for him get easier and easier to meet despite his team costing more and more.....

spiriticon

Europa League??? Top 4?? :houllier: It's like 2014 all over again. All I need now is a big Moyesey grin.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
We all know Neville would be right though. If we won the FA Cup, EL and got top 4, all the Ole In lot would be declaring him the new Fergie again. Pressure off the club to look at the situation and just collect their money instead. Happy days for those in charge as they don't need to put their neck on the line again.

Meanwhile the rest of us will know he's never going to get us competing and winning trophies every year.

Kaos

We all know Neville would be right though. If we won the FA Cup, EL and got top 4, all the Ole In lot would be declaring him the new Fergie again. Meanwhile the rest of us will know he's never going to get us competing and winning trophies every year.
If we drop to the Europa league this season that should be an automatic sacking there and then. A United manager failing to get out of the group stages of the CL two seasons in a row with this squad is criminal.

Rajma

Anyone listening to Monday Night footbal?

Basically Carragher thinks we should get rid at the end of the season even if he win the Europa and Fa Cup. Says he will never be better than Tuchel or Klopp or Pep.

Neville thinks if he wins one of those he should get to stay.

I agree with Carragher but think he should be gone before the season is lost.

The one thing they failed to mention is surely if we can third in the Easiest Group in the Champions League then he'd be fired their and then.

You could never ask for an easier group.

Essentially though Carragher is spot on. Ole done a decent job and built a good team but he won't Manchester United will need a manager as good as Pep Klopp Tuchel to compete. Continuing with Ole is just a waste of time really.v
I’m sorry are they discussing Ole being in the job with us going down into EL with serious faces? Let alone staying beyond this season. :lol: I’m sure they can’t be as delusional and it’s just them trying to be polite on the TV.

Deery

Dreary
We all know Neville would be right though. If we won the FA Cup, EL and got top 4, all the Ole In lot would be declaring him the new Fergie again. Pressure off the club to look at the situation and just connect their money instead. Happy days for those in charge as they don't need to put their neck on the line again.

Meanwhile the rest of us will know he's never going to get us competing and winning trophies every year.
Tbf it would be a pretty good achievement two trophies and top 4, after not winning anything for 4 years.

MUFC OK

The guy actually considers dropping to Europe fecking League again this season and winning it to be a sign for us progressing.

It's hilarious.
Seriously, if we drop into Europa League again, he has to go. Full scale protests, banners etc will be required. We simply cannot and should not accept that mediocrity.

It should never have happened last season, failure to reach the knockouts again this year with that squad is a sackable offence in itself - no debate.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
If we drop to the Europa league this season that should be an automatic sacking there and then. A United manager failing to get out of the group stages of the CL two seasons in a row with this squad is criminal.
I agree. But if the club really are going to double down on Ole until at least the end of the season, then who knows. Like I said in another thread the other day, this would be the greatest squad of players to ever grace the EL. We should win it at a canter, so I wouldn't see it as why sort of achievement for Ole.

Status
Not open for further replies.