Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

If the coaching staff believe that they are doing a great job then it's utter madness. Trump thought he did a brilliant job too.
Yeah this level of delusion from our coaching staff is scary and explains why we are in this mess

soapythecat

I’ve just put myself through MOTD after putting it off. Although I watched the game in Saturday, this was an horrendous watch. We made them look like prime Barca and even the pundits couldn’t even find a positive for United. 2 good goals for us but how easy are we to play against. That result has been coming and will be a constant now unless we go Uber defensive. We have been making the most basic of sides look amazing through the middle and that is nothing to do with our players it’s the manager and coaches.
How any United fan who has watched us this season can pretty much last season too, can hand in heart say Ole and his crew are taking us forward os deluded. Our football has got worse and the luck has run out.

laughtersassassin

Ole needs to know intention does not matter one bit.

All that matters is results and what's happening on the pitch. Ole himself held Jose to this standard.

I have no doubt he believes they are doing their best and will get out of this sticky patch.

But it's pointless. Every Year we have this form under him. We won't ever be competing with it. It's delaying the inevitable.

Hell of you give him another 10 games I guarantee you we will start to look good again. Because we have a bloody brilliant squad.

It's time to get the most out of it consistently.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
He addressed the Rashford "issue" straightaway. Personally thought it was an innocuous comment that the media really made a meal out of.

Deery

Dreary
Seemed positive, Rashford seems hungry to get back scoring we will beat Atalanta.

hobbers

"The coaching staff are absolutely amazing, the attention to detail, sessions we put on, preparations, they are good Man United people. One intention in mind: help the team grow."

"good Man Utd people"
"Intention to help the team grow"

fecking drivel. Can't even blag half convincingly, he's like a second hand car salesman.

Cloud7

"The coaching staff are absolutely amazing, the attention to detail, sessions we put on, preparations, they are good Man United people. One intention in mind: help the team grow."

"good Man Utd people"

fecking drivel. Can't even blag half convincingly, he's like a second hand car salesman.
His major selling point is always trying to tap into some emotional connection to the club. United DNA. The coaches are United people. It's nauseating.

spiriticon

There is no way anyone can convince me that there is good coaching going on, especially in defence. This is not a single brainfart from one person. There are at least 5 brainfarts going on in that picture. It's disastrous in the most Sunday league way.

In addition to that hilarious defence:

1) What is Sancho doing in central midfield?
2) What is Greenwood, the right forward, doing in that inside left position?
3) Why is Ronaldo, the centre forward, playing the furthest left?

Last edited:

Deery

Dreary

There is no way anyone can convince me that there is good coaching going on, especially in defence. This is not a single brainfart from one person. There are at least 5 brainfarts going on in that picture. It's disastrous in the most Sunday league way.
I’ve found this season Shaw has neglected his position something shocking he’s never there at left back needs to get back to his defending.

Robindinho

"good Man Utd people"

*Eurgh* ...Sick of hearing 'Man United way' or 'DNA' etc. Who cares how good you are at coaching so long as you love the club/know the history?! It's fecking pathetic.

romufc

I’ve found this season Shaw has neglected his position something shocking he’s never there at left back needs to get back to his defending.
I have noticed this too, it seems like the headlines and plaudits have got to him, he thinks he has made it and stopped performing.

He has been average at best this season, I feel this is a problem with quite alot of our players though.

As soon as they start getting a bit of praise, their form has a turn for the worse.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
The board will give Ole the chance until success is not possible. I kind of agree with Scholes that Ole deserves a season to prove himself with a top squad. I think Utd fans should wait until this season is over. Part of me wants to see him booted out and debased but I would prefer a redemption story.

romufc

The board will give Ole the chance until success is not possible. I kind of agree with Scholes that Ole deserves a season to prove himself with a top squad. I think Utd fans should wait until this season is over. Part of me wants to see him booted out and debased but I would prefer a redemption story.
Ole had a top squad last season as well. Why do people think the squad last season was poor. Ole has run out of excuses, we need to stop making them for him too.

I think prior to the season there were alot of fans who wanted to see the redemption story, sometimes you have to realise its not going to happen and move on.

Ole simply put is not good enough, its not just the fans who are saying it, alot of ex pros who have been in the game are saying it too.

Robbie Boy

I don't really see what redemption will entail tbh. I think it's pretty obvious that he's not good enough to get us back to the top. I suspect he'll be here for a while longer, and our results and performances will remain erratic. I hope the Board are starting to sound out possible successors, and when the time is right, they make the transition.

Sacking him now will only destabilise the club even further, as all the soundbites indicate that the Board haven't been sounding out any potential successors. So, there has obviously been zero continuity planning for the eventually of him being sacked. I reckon this week will be anticlimactic for some, who are expecting two heavy defeats, or whatever. I reckon we will beat Atalanta, and while a defeat is likely against Liverpool, I could see us scraping a draw. I think we are going to plod along as we are for at least another 2 months or so, and the results will be all pretty underwhelming, but not completely terrible.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude

"good Man Utd people"

All those people who think Ole should get better,more experienced coaches to help him, read it and weep.

"The coaching staff are absolutely amazing. I don't think I could ask for better. "

The man really is a footballing dinosaur. Lucky for him he's working at Jurassic park.

red4ever 79

He addressed the Rashford "issue" straightaway. Personally thought it was an innocuous comment that the media really made a meal out of.

Anything more interesting said. Dont really care about Rashford's off field activities.

What has he said about our tactics, playing style, lack of effort.
What he did say about selecting half fit players and not given others an opportunity to impress.
What is the expectation for this season and how will he get the team performing.
How will he change his set up to supply Ronaldo with ammunition?

pascell

Anything more interesting said. Dont really care about Rashford's off field activities.

What has he said about our tactics, playing style, lack of effort.
What he did say about selecting half fit players and not given others an opportunity to impress.
What is the expectation for this season and how will he get the team performing.
How will he change his set up to supply Ronaldo with ammunition?

Laurencio

I gotta be honest, that image alone is enough of an argument to sack the coaching staff. That is just... wow. This is literally the first thing you learn not to do when you start playing organised football as a kid.

ooeat0meoo

Member of the Muppet Empire
My Happy Place - So Don't Be fecking With Me!
As far as Ole's most recent comments...

"We've progressed over the years... I'm in dialogue with the club all the time, It is an open and honest discussion."

I could be wrong, but this sound like the beginning of the end. Sounds to me, either Ole produces results or he's gone, soon.
Footy is if anything, a results business. Things can't go on if his team continues to lead in chaos on the pitch.

I've backed Ole 100% up until this point. At this point he and his coaching staff must go if they can't produce something with this amazing set of world class players.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
All those people who think Ole should get better,more experienced coaches to help him, read it and weep.

"The coaching staff are absolutely amazing. I don't think I could ask for better. "

The man really is a footballing dinosaur. Lucky for him he's working at Jurassic park.
To be fair, he isn't going to say that the people he picked are absolute duds, he isn't going to undermine himself. The worrying thing isn't what he says but that he has to say something.

Amir

To be fair, he isn't going to say that the people he picked are absolute duds, he isn't going to undermine himself. The worrying thing isn't what he says but that he has to say something.
That worrying part is that he's keeping them, which means he must be thinking they are doing fine.

JPRouve

Scout
That worrying part is that he's keeping them, which means he must be thinking they are doing fine.
I don't think that it's worrying because if his staff is mainly "incompetent" then he is incompetent. Unless Ole is a tactical mastermind, his value as a manager is to be able to surround himself with people that are more competent than he is in certain areas and to manage their team work. Otherwise why is the club paying him?

Tony247

I gotta be honest, that image alone is enough of an argument to sack the coaching staff. That is just... wow. This is literally the first thing you learn not to do when you start playing organised football as a kid.
You can see plenty of such instances during the match with players all over the place. They are actually playing with passion, and mostly enjoying themselves.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
There's plenty of middle ground between absolute duds and absolutely amazing. Say you trust them but like the players, the coaching staff is upgradable if it's better for the club. Say you're happy with what you have but are open to adding to the team like with the set piece coach guy. Plenty of better, more political answers rather than going all in like he did.

Sviken

Is this image actually real? This is the kind of football you'd play with your mates when you were 8 years old. And people have the gall to blame individual players. We're fecking shit because the coaching is amateur level.

As far as Ole's most recent comments...

"We've progressed over the years... I'm in dialogue with the club all the time, It is an open and honest discussion."

I could be wrong, but this sound like the beginning of the end. Sounds to me, either Ole produces results or he's gone, soon.
Footy is if anything, a results business. Things can't go on if his team continues to lead in chaos on the pitch.

I've backed Ole 100% up until this point. At this point he and his coaching staff must go if they can't produce something with this amazing set of world class players.
Ole is taking the piss. Progressed from what? We're still yet to reach Mourinho's season tally despite a vastly better squad.

JPRouve

Scout
There's plenty of middle ground between absolute duds and absolutely amazing. Say you trust them but like the players, the coaching staff is upgradable if it's better for the club. Say you're happy with what you have but are open to adding to the team like with the set piece coach guy. Plenty of better, more political answers rather than going all in like he did.
I fear that we are dangerously close to absolute duds, we struggle with basic team concepts and haven't improved from a technical or tactical point. There is no political answer that isn't a blatant lie, keep in mind that a few days ago he was telling us that they analyzed previous games during the international break in order to find a solution and seemingly came up with literally nothing, they made no change, not even minor ones.

We keep having the same issues and they keep not addressing it.

Stactix

He has to go, wanted it to work with him but since the Europa League I've completely lost faith had plenty of doubts prior to that but hoped with more time and filling some of the gaps in the team, things would improve

Every aspect of play is poor at the minute and that for me is the telling point, even the best teams don't get the results from time to time. It happens, an off game, poor shooting, bad reffing.
Utd are consistently poor even when getting the result. There isn't a single area on the field you can blame, it's a collective issue. Utd are sloppy, can't control games, can't create many chances, can't score goals, conceding every game, gifting chances every 10 seconds. I wouldn't be surprised if we're one of the worst in the league in the last few games for chances created and conceded.

The difference between City dropping points this since, losing to PSG etc. Is that they continue to play the same way, some bloody good football. Creating plenty of chances but can't score, they tried to fix that with getting Kane but fecked that up by wasting their money on Grealish.

What's Utd's excuse? Blame midfield? Could of got Declan Rice in the summer and I still think this team would be in a very similar spot.

Outplayed practically every fecking game at the minute. Even if Utd snatch a result this weekend (draw at best), it will be Liverpool hammering at the gates, Utd holding on for dear life.

Ole can't have any excuses, if he needed a new midfielder, he should of fecking sold some of the players he isn't using and used that money to get a first teamer he can trust and actually play.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
I fear that we are dangerously close to absolute duds, we struggle with basic team concepts and haven't improved from a technical or tactical point. There is no political answer that isn't a blatant lie, keep in mind that a few days ago he was telling us that they analyzed previous games during the international break in order to find a solution and seemingly came up with literally nothing, they made no change, not even minor ones.

We keep having the same issues and they keep not addressing it.
I agree with you mate. The sooner we get a new set of people in charge of our football (club) the better for all of us.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
. - 2mins 11 is an interesting stat on Ole vs Klopp. Almost exactly the same over 162 games. Don't know how as it's incredibly frustrating at times to watch United play and some of the football has been dire.

Maybe this is why the club are wanting to stick with him as it seems as it's not as bad as twitter and online forums make it seem.

Foxbatt

What a shame it is then for these coaches that we all actually have eyes and can easily disprove their bullshit about 'false narratives'.

What a sorry bunch they are. What a mess of a club we have become.
The more this kind of stuff they put out the more people realise what a shambles it is.

redshaw

. - 2mins 11 is an interesting stat on Ole vs Klopp. Almost exactly the same over 162 games. Don't know how as it's incredibly frustrating at times to watch United play and some of the football has been dire.

Maybe this is why the club are wanting to stick with him as it seems as it's not as bad as twitter and online forums make it seem.
Yes I remember Klopp was getting quite a lot of stick too, some calling for him to go even. Things took a huge turn after signing VVD. Whether we can have the same effect in signing one or two midfielders remains to be seen and the 4-2 loss was the first away loss in 29 games.

We also have quite a few new additions to figure out and we're in a better position still than last year. it's really going to hinge on the CL group and where we're at in the next month or so. One thing that can really help is getting Fred and McTom to really work together.

Last edited:

hammerfadl

I really struggle to understand the logic of people who reckon Ole will become good given time. But at the same time refuse to give any player time to improve, as we need to buy better players.

Surely if any manager gets good given enough time, that must apply to players aswell using they're logic?

Status
Not open for further replies.