Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

OleBoiii

We did not field a weakened team against Young Boys,
We played VDB, Sancho and Lindelöf so it was not 100% our strongest team, but more importantly(which I also wrote, by the way): we played most of the game with 10 men. Of course that matters.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
He remarked in the post match press conference:

“I can understand why people who don't watch every game can see the inconsistency”

No, Ole. It is those of us who DO watch every game that see the inconsistency and we called it out long before those who don't watch every game even copped on.

The gibberish he is capable of talking is really quite something.
A lot of what he says I find could be construed as patronizing to our supporters. He has such a simple and overly positive outlook on everything and he expects the supporters to not assess what they see in any great detail. As though we shouldn't be able to look at football from a tactical standpoint etc. I absolutely loved him as a player, but he is as arrogant as Jose and completely deluded I feel.

The-Natural

A lot of what he says I find could be construed as patronizing to our supporters. He has such a simple and overly positive outlook on everything and he expects the supporters to not assess what they see in any great detail. As though we shouldn't be able to look at football from a tactical standpoint etc. I absolutely loved him as a player, but he is as arrogant as Jose and completely deluded I feel.
Arrogant? No.

Deluded? Oh yes.

Rash Decision

not to use the cream

“I can understand why people who don't watch every game can see the inconsistency”

No, Ole. It is those of us who DO watch every game that see the inconsistency and we called it out long before those who don't watch every game even copped on.

He’s not wrong, those who don’t watch every game can indeed see the inconsistency we display within a single match.

Those who watch every match can see that we’re pretty consistent in how we play in most matches. No control, overrun in midfield, carved open easily, haphazard in possession…

Foxbatt

That is very insulting to the fans who watch every game.

The-Natural

He’s not wrong, those who don’t watch every game can indeed see the inconsistency we display within a single match.

Those who watch every match can see that we’re pretty consistent in how we play in most matches. No control, overrun in midfield, carved open easily, haphazard in possession…
Yeah was gonna say something along those lines but I thought best to first of all flag what a bonkers comment it was.

Alvaro Maestre

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
He is able to pull these comebacks due to the 5 substitutions and amount of quality we have on the bench. That comeback in the PL would be way more difficult. He says his coaching staff is working their a$$ off but why do we get the wrong tactics every game? What happened with the Set Piece coach? Who is the defense coach?

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Arrogant? He's one of the most humble and nicest guys you'll find in football. Nothing like Mourinho.

James Peril

Arrogant? He's one of the most humble and nicest guys you'll find in football. Nothing like Mourinho.
He is a decent and uncharismaric guy in general, but puts on the nice-guy act from day 1 to avoid confrontation in the media - smart/boring. However, as his incomptence is revealed to the world, his bitchy and arrogant comments are starting to appear in every interview. Just like Mourinho when the inevitable happens at every club, but the latter of course has a cupboard full of medals to show for it.

Sviken

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
One of the things that put me off Ole was watching him strut about like a peacock when we went through his purple patch after joining. He probably deserved to but for some reason it just wound me up. Then when it all went tits up watching him giving blabbering interviews blaming the players for his own inadequacies cemented the fact he wasn't up for the job. Can't wait till he's gone to be honest.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
One of the things that put me off Ole was watching him strut about like a peacock when we went through his purple patch after joining. He probably deserved to but for some reason it just wound me up. Then when it all went tits up watching him giving blabbering interviews blaming the players for his own inadequacies cemented the fact he wasn't up for the job. Can't wait till he's gone to be honest.
When did he strut around like a peacock? :lol:

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I won't forget when RVP did his job as a pundit on Ole and United and Ole came on firing with such ridiculous response talking about RVP taking his number 20 shirt and a lot of nonsense :

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...persie-shirt-number-smiling-manchester-united

Guy definitely has an arrogant side of him that appears mostly under pressure.
I don't mind him being arrogant. In matter of fact i like that. But delusion is annoying. He is deluded in many things.
In his "progress", in opinion that we play good, playing McT, sticking with 4231 no matter what and other shit

pocco

loco
Arrogant? No.

Deluded? Oh yes.
I can sense a lot of arrogance in what he says. He's incredibly patronising to people that question him or his tactics, which I find incredibly arrogant. It's as though he thinks he's above questioning even though he's a managerial nobody really.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I can sense a lot of arrogance in what he says. He's incredibly patronising to people that question him or his tactics, which I find incredibly arrogant. It's as though he thinks he's above questioning even though he's a managerial nobody really.
There was a match last season where Scholes and Hargreaves really went in on Ole for persisting with McFred. Ole in response was pretty fecking rude. I don’t think Scholes has forgotten that and that could be why he was so brutal in his assessment last night.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
There was a match last season where Scholes and Hargreaves really went in on Ole for persisting with McFred. Ole in response was pretty fecking rude. I don’t think Scholes has forgotten that and that could be why he was so brutal in his assessment last night.
What did ole say

Tony247

Still not too late in the season. If the board can poach ETH the go for him!

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
What did ole say
I can’t remember the specifics, but it was during the Roma game. Something about it being easy for them sitting in the studio criticising. Scholes was like “well that tells us” or something like that.

I may just be taking bollocks.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I can’t remember the specifics, but it was during the Roma game. Something about it being easy for them sitting in the studio criticising. Scholes was like “well that tells us” or something like that.

I may just be taking bollocks.
The humanity!

The Dane

OGS at United is similar to the incompetent son who is put in charge of his dads successful company and manage to keep it going for a few years because of the competent employees but slowly it starts falling apart either because the good people leaves and/or because of the lack of management.
Ole is only manager at United due to his legend status as a player. He has not proven himself worthy of managing one of the biggest clubs in the world.
I see City as a club which is not only rich but first and foremost is professionally driven and I would be surprised if they do not already have a plan for Guardiolas successor so they won’t be caught by surprise the day he leaves or I forced to leave, and I would be very surprised if they choose an old legend, not that I can think of one.

Foxbatt

You don't get to the very top of elite sport without ruthlessness, big ego and insane self belief. Different characters show it differently but the arrogance and extreme competitiveness is in them all.
Exactly and I would understand and accept that from managers like SAF, Pep, Klopp, Tuchel, Ancellotti etc. But not from someone who has not won anything of significance as a manager. He is not an elite manager.

Traub

Nah his assessment was based off the fact that we were absolute shite for 45 mins, and any top class team would've been out of sight by half time.

Water Melon

I won't forget when RVP did his job as a pundit on Ole and United and Ole came on firing with such ridiculous response talking about RVP taking his number 20 shirt and a lot of nonsense :

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...persie-shirt-number-smiling-manchester-united

Guy definitely has an arrogant side of him that appears mostly under pressure.
Exactly. RvP was the main reason we won the 20th title. An unbelievable season he had. In his prime he was twice the player compared to Ole's best level. Ask any neutral fan who they pick, and Robin wins that poll by a landslide. This season the pressure is building up and the next 3 games in the prem are crucial. I expect 2 losses and a draw which will have us around 10th in the table. That is a sackable performance but the Glazers won't act.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Exactly. RvP was the main reason we won the 20th title. An unbelievable season he had. In his prime he was twice the player compared to Ole's best level. Ask any neutral fan who they pick, and Robin wins that poll by a landslide. This season yhe pressure is building up and the next 3 games in the prem are crucial. I expect 2 losses and a draw which will have us around 10th in the table. That is a sackable performance but the Glazers won't act.
You don’t have to shit on Ole the player because you don’t like Ole the manager. Van Perdue was never “twice the player” Ole was. He was better at his peak, sure, but Ole’s peak wasn’t far off him and Ole’s career was better than RvPs.

Water Melon

You don’t have to shit on Ole the player because you don’t like Ole the manager. Van Perdue was never “twice the player” Ole was. He was better at his peak, sure, but Ole’s peak wasn’t far off him and Ole’s career was better than RvPs.
In my personal opinion RvP was a much better footballer than Ole, though playing for a worse team. So yes, he was twice the player. Ole was a super sub finisher, while Robin was one of the most complete and elegant attackers in the prem. I am not shitting on Ole as a player. He is a mediocre manager, and he never contributed to our any season more than RvP to our 20th title. Finally, RvP's shirt number reminds me of our 20th Premier league championship rather than Ole's number.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Sancho, Amad, Pellestri, probably all 3 completely unnecessarily yet they cost the club what like 120 million altogether.

Really not sure why he insisted on Sancho so much. More of a left winger and even as a right winger probably doesnt fit our style of play.
Ok some things we couldnt really predict, Greenwood becoming so good so fast or getting Ronaldo but still, still, Sancho wasnt necessary. Not for that money especially.
Also Amad and Pellestri.

Ole does seem lìke a hoarder though. He will buy them all, young, old, ready, with potential, 3 players for the same position with 2 of them never playing, Ole doesnt care.
Mate, Sancho is 21 and just arrived. Just because he hasn't hit the ground running does not mean hes shit or a flop. Hes got plenty of time to prove himself. Rashford and Greenwood cant play every match, so having a quality back up isn't exactly a bad thing

Amad and Pellestri cost like 45 million combined and are both highly rated teenagers. Maybe they'll come good, maybe they wont, but investing in young talent is something every smart club does

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Now Ole Outers are giving him stick for having a bit of arrogance about him.

The same Ole Outers who also claim he’s a wet lettuce, and smiles too much and is “too much of a nice guy” - however now he’s too arrogant and has a “bad ego” and he’s bad manager because of it.

This same bad ego that a lot of the forum loved Mou for & his whole 3 trophies showing off b*llocks at the end of a press conference.

Ole shows a bit of fire in the belly and people now don’t like it.

Make up your minds people!

Ixion

This same bad ego that a lot of the forum loved Mou for & his whole 3 trophies showing off b*llocks at the end of a press conference.
If you're going to have ego having trophies to back it up is probably a good start

90 + 5min

The same Ole Outers who also claim he’s a wet lettuce, and smiles too much and is “too much of a nice guy” - however now he’s too arrogant and has a “bad ego” and he’s bad manager because of it.

Minds are made up.. People hate him and the football he teach and want him gone. They even want the team to lose games just to have him out of the door. That is reality. He could go on and win titles and that would not matter anymore. Hate is to strong in some people.

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
Great win in the end but nothing changes for me, he has to go as soon as possible. Of course we’ll win the odd match against a ‘big’ team or even go on 4/5 game runs of wins because we just have too much quality in the squad. I just don’t see Ole putting it all together to get a consistent, sustainable style of play over the course of a season to really push in the big competitions. We’ve just started a very difficult run so Ole has the perfect opportunity to prove his doubters wrong, unfortunately I don’t see us coming through the next 8 games without taking some serious damage.

pocco

loco

Yeah because he questions the knowledge of people, mostly United supporters, that don't meekly accept whatever he serves up, like you do. Either he's stupid for trying to patronise a large group of supporters, it he is genuinely deluded and thinks no supporters are questioning him.

He's not shown a fire in his belly at all either. He is that guy that sits slumped in his chair whilst the opposition take the piss. Doesn't even a jump out of his seat and throw a bollocking out, even if it is pointless. He just likes to make snarky comments here and there because he knows he's cushty with the Glazer crew.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Yeah because he questions the knowledge of people, mostly United supporters, that don't meekly accept whatever he serves up, like you do. Either he's stupid for trying to patronise a large group of supporters, it he is genuinely deluded and thinks no supporters are questioning him.

He's not shown a fire in his belly at all either. He is that guy that sits slumped in his chair whilst the opposition take the piss. Doesn't even a jump out of his seat and throw a bollocking out, even if it is pointless. He just likes to make snarky comments here and there because he knows he's cushty with the Glazer crew.
Maybe if you guys actually bothered to post the full quotes and not some snippets from twitter you would not get so wound up over basically nothing

“The difference in performances is not that great and that’s what decides the outcome – it’s the quality and the quality of the finishes we had.

“The second half was better than the first but we created many chances in the first half as well.

" “It’s perceived that we’re so inconsistent in performances when you concede easy goals. Today, another couple of easy goals and we need to eradicate this because we are playing against very good teams in the next few weeks. But I can understand why people who don’t watch every game see the inconsistency and within that game of course going 2-0 down it looks really bad. But the performance wasn’t 2-0 down worthy and that was the message at half-time."

“Keep going like this, just add more quality in your finishing, get an extra pass off and of course make sure we don’t concede a goal.”
The quote posted before was from that bellend Castles, who is not only a bellend, but also an ABU and a wum. I mean, we are inconsistent as hell, so its a bit of a weird thing to say, but it was in the context of the match and conceding cheap goals.

Last edited:
Listening to the Guardian podcast and they said the tired trope of United again relying on 'individual brilliance'.

Rashford's goal was great link up with Bruno, something clearly possible due to their understanding of each other's game and movements.

Maguire's was a goal in the aftermath of a set piece. Just like any other team.

Ronaldo's goal appeared to have come from a corner routine that has been worked on previously.

It is annoying how lazy journos and some fans can be, once something gets in the public consciousness people just repeat it without thinking.

Do we hear that Liverpool are shit because Salah scores individual goals every game??

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Are managers not supposed to be happy when winning now?

Status
Not open for further replies.