Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
As per Fabrizio Romano, internal talks are ongoing at the moment for a decision around his future…
:houllier: The fact that we've had the worst league start, got demolished by Leicester, Liverpool, City, and now fecking Watford, and whether Ole should be sacked is still something to be decided is truly the worst thing about this club.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
It's been a while (since 2019 basically) that I knew it was gonna happen, him getting sacked I mean. We have been playing for a while without a clear identify in terms of football and now the results have finally caught up.
Since Ole specialized in fluking results very often, it was hard to share those sentiments on the caf

united for life

It's been a while (since 2019 basically) that I knew it was gonna happen, him getting sacked I mean. We have been playing for a while without a clear identify in terms of football and now the results have finally caught up.
Since Ole specialized in fluking results very often, it was hard to share those sentiments on the caf
dip in form with a tough run of games turned things around. Morale is so low at the moment. Saw his interview today on sky sports. The way he answered “how low are you feeling now” shows how low he really feels. His “very” felt so low it hurts as a united fan.

I feel it’s happening, yet when it happens it
won’t be a nice thing. Such times are never easy. But it’s game over for him now, 4-1 today against watford was another disastrous result.

hope we stand up and go for better things… tired of running in circles.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman

Been reading the Caf?
Man just walk. Now I pity him. He got thrown into a position that he was not qualified for by our inept board. I hope he can bounce back from this and find a club that is his level that he could help avoid relegation or find some form of success.

Ole's reign here showed many things. One of them is how deluded some people can be, there literally was an Ole's cult here with his acolytes chasing down everyone who dared to question him. Name calling is not right but people are tired seeing this hopeless manager leading us to nowhere.
so true

Crazy how the mods/staff/scouts were in it as well, not too long ago.
yea, I believe they couldn’t see beyond the result, which was an obvious smokescreen.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Ole's reign here showed many things. One of them is how deluded some people can be, there literally was an Ole's cult here with his acolytes chasing down everyone who dared to question him. Name calling is not right but people are tired seeing this hopeless manager leading us to nowhere.
Have you ever had the misfortune of encountering Grylte?

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
That's it, he's been sacked. Time to close this thread.

lex talionis

He started Matic and McTominay, setting the tone for the cowardice and lethargy we saw in the first half, thus inviting Watford to destroy us.

Which they did.

AshRK

Sad it has to end like this. Hate this fecking board for hanging him dry like this. Should have let him go after the Liverpool thrashing.

Will never hate him for the work he has done. For all the mocking and abuse he got he did a decent job.

SER19

Sad it has to end like this. Hate this fecking board for hanging him dry like this. Should have let him go after the Liverpool thrashing.

Will never hate him for the work he has done. For all the mocking and abuse he got he did a decent job.
Yes alot of emotions and frustrations running high lately but no ill will will be held towards ole. He should have been let go in summer

Anustart89

I hate the fact that the man values the inevitable payoff so much that he’s willing to drag the club to a state where the fans will celebrate getting rid of him. Just shows that all the talk of wanting the best for the club and him being different is all a load of bollocks.

pascell

Should've been shown the door a lot earlier, even earlier than the EL final defeat last season. The writing was on the wall when we lost all the semi finals the other season.

Dunk the Lunk

Loving club and being critical is one thing. Being abusive is another.

Solskjaer has done well until this season and now players aren't responding to his methods. We have been making progress until this season and it is normal that when things go bad that manager will / should be blamed. As should players. But as I said, supporters can be critical without being abusive.
I wholeheartedly disagree. Bar better players, i havent seen anything to suggest he has moved us forward. Each to his own though.

KeanoMagicHat

Yeah it also highlighted how deluded some people were thinking the likes of Pochettino, Rodgers or Potter would ride in on a white horse and save us.
They would still all be much better. That’s a start. I think United’s problem is that they’re looking for a hero manager. The approach of Chelsea is more relevant to the modern game. If you get Potter and he’s not working, out the door he goes. Bring in Rodgers etc. The cult of the manager needs to be lessened. Only reward a Fergie if he’s worth it. Go into every appointment thinking 2 years tops and they need to prove otherwise. Not thinking this guy is for 5 years and only sack if he makes a mistakes. The managers need to prove they’re worthy, not the other way around.

Oranges038

It's the right move to get rid. I've supported him all along, but this start to the season with the players he's brought in. It's been a total disgrace, there's no hiding from it.

He did a good job removing deadwood, but then he let more accumulate, now there's just as much deadwood as before. He promised youth a chance, but blocked their paths with perennial under achievers.

There's also some players there like Maguire, Shaw, AWB, Rashford, Bruno, McT, Fred and De Gea that really need to take a long hard look at themselves and accept that they just have not been good enough this season and not all the blame can be laid on the manager. Of course we will see a lot of them play well for a bit under a new manager, but they will revert to type over time.

It's a shame it hasn't worked out. But it's for the best that he goes.

Eplel

Should have happened a while ago.

Off to the next chapter. We only need to get it right once.

BorisManUtd

Should've happened much earlier, had to be done after Leicester, Liverpool and City but I guess it's not too late now either. Though International break was perfect moment to do it, we'd probably beat Watford today and get some confidence back for Villarreal which is another important CL game.

tenpoless

This one hurts.
When you try to see its the best for both the club and Ole then everything becomes better. The club needs someone else to progress forward so you dont have to suffer watching it week in week out and Ole needs to leave to stop more fans from calling him to get the sack and so that he doesnt tarnish his legacy further.

BorisManUtd

Finishing 2nd in PL, reaching semis of domestic cups and EL final was as far as he could take us. It felt that way after Gdansk but I guess later in preseason, with Varane and Sancho signing, there was a fresh wave of optimism. Didn't last long though and 2nd and 3rd game of the season against Southampton and Wolves gave you that feeling 'oh here we go again, different season same issues'. Got worse from late September and catastrophy was always coming.

Few solid seasons will be remembered, good enough to finish top 4 and get close to trophies but never good enough to win anything. Good signings (van de Beek, Varane and Sancho have barely played so hopefully they do well in future) as well.

Mainoldo

I can finally rest and never post in this thread again. It’s been emotional.

P.S. when I tell you it’s time for the new manager to go. Just get on board. Don’t fight it:keano:

Shark

@NotShark
Loving club and being critical is one thing. Being abusive is another.

Solskjaer has done well until this season and now players aren't responding to his methods. We have been making progress until this season and it is normal that when things go bad that manager will / should be blamed. As should players. But as I said, supporters can be critical without being abusive.
He hasn't really done well though. His tenure aside from the caretaker period has been littered with dire performances, football and embarrassing results. Let's not forgot Spurs, fecking Spurs put six goals past us at home only last season. He's been a terrible manager no question.

croadyman

I thought his Jose monent at Anfield was the scouse hammering at OT, however turns out it was actually being humiliated at Vicarage Road

Status
Not open for further replies.