Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reddevildans

We can win the league with McTominay and Fred in the middle, but I don’t think we can with Matic. He’s just too immobile.
Hopefully that's the last we see of Matic starting a game in the league. He's still a useful player for when we need to defend a lead in the last 10 mins or the league cup games. Play donny with Fred or Mctom.

Zen86

Hopefully that's the last we see of Matic starting a game in the league. He's still a useful player for when we need to defend a lead in the last 10 mins or the league cup games. Play donny with Fred or Mctom.
Hopefully, I wouldn’t count on it though. Ole doesn’t seem to like VdB for one reason or another, but on paper you would think he could do a job there.

theklr

With the sheer winning mentality and good feel now in the team I think we can win the title on pure attacking vibes. The so called «mentality monsters» will be a side note for a team with Ronaldo and Cavani in the team

IncyWincySpider

Ole's main work focus this season will be practicing his trophy lifting smile and stockpiling a good selection of champagne.

In his spare time he will be sanding and varnishing DVB's bench-splintered bum.

Good times ahead! 21 incoming!

El Jefe

I don't think any United manager has had as much pressure as Ole is about to have this season. This year he has to win PL or CL or he has failed. Lack of silverware with this squad would be inexcusable.

Often we hear posters say, "Pep/Klopp would never win the league with our team" well now they most certainly would. Pressure is on Ole and I hope we can bag one of these trophies this year.

Robbie Boy

What? Zidane refused to play youth players and got himself sacked with the insistence of sticking to the squad that won the CL's, despite some of them being over the hill. On top of that he's said he's waiting for the France job
It felt like Zidane and Real just fitted like a glove considering his longstanding connection with the club. Don't get me wrong, he done an amazing job there, which is sometimes downplayed. But I have my reservations that he would be a success outside the bubble of Madrid. I could well be wrong and maybe he would be a cracking success either here, or at another club. But I admit that I do have my reservations.

It would be mad to suggest, or even think, that Ole shouldn't, or won't get the season to see what this fantastic team that he has assembled can do. Should the season be a failure, then his role will come under serious scrutiny, and rightly so.

The Ronaldo transfer has obviously raised the stakes and expectations, and Ole wouldn't be naive enough to think otherwise. But feck me, I was excited for this season as it was, but now I feel like a kid at Christmas! I honestly expect us to have a really good season. Things feel so positive around the place and Ronaldo wouldn't have come back if he didnt think we were serious contenders.

Last edited:

crossy1686

career ending
It felt like Zidane and Real just fitted like a glove considering his longstanding connection with the club. Don't get me wrong, he done an amazing job there, which is sometimes downplayed. But I have my reservations that he would be a success outside the bubble of Madrid. I could well be wrong and maybe he would be a cracking success either here, or at another club. But I admit that I do have my reservations.

It would be mad to suggest, or even think, that Ole shouldn't, or won't get the season to see what this fantastic team that he has assembled can do. Should the season be a failure, then he his role will come under serious scrutiny, and rightly so.

The Ronaldo transfer has obviously raised the stakes and expectations, and Ole wouldn't be naive enough to think otherwise. But feck me, I was excited for this season as it was, but now I feel like a kid at Christmas! I honestly expect us to have a really good season. Things feel so positive around the place and Ronaldo wouldn't have come back if he didnt think we were serious contenders.
Agree completely. Zidane could do it if he want to PSG or City and copied what Pep has done. Go to the best team, with the most money, buy whoever you want and win stuff, but I don’t see him fitting a team like United that are pretty unique.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Nothing has changed -- we still and have always needed a CDM this summer. We can't afford to play McFred and expect to be as expansive going forward.
No manager in the world (including Poch) doesn't have perfect squad. One needs striker, one needs depth, one needs better defenders, one needs few players etc....
Ole has class players on every position now (including depth) with average options for one shaky position. Fred and Matic are not top tier players but feck me, we are behaving like they are championship players. And even if they are, it is up on manager to compensate that. Because it is manager's job ffs. Manager's job is not to name first 11 on a match day and that is it.
Ole has top tier defence, top tier 2 midfielders and top tier attack. No more excuses. Trophy and title challenge till last day is a must.

jamesjimmybyrondean

I'm sure we all have City as one of the favorites even as they are without a striker. A title challenge must be expected of the squad even without a top DM

r0663664

Worships Man City
Let's see what Ole can deliver with Ronaldo. I am very critical of Ole as he does not have tactics to break down opponents. Ronaldo is someone with individual brilliance. I don't think he can make any excuses of not winning anything. There are 3 cups and 1 title to win and if he doesn't deliver one of them then he has to go.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Diabolical manager, getting by on individual brilliance.

Shocking performance today, lucky to get all 3 points.

Gomes

Disgusting game.
Ronaldo will gift him a lifeftime contract by winning the League Cup and clowns here will say that he deserves it.

Tarrou

the blind-spot in midfield is going to end up costing him his job I think

we can't continue like this and keep getting enough points

slored1

We looked diabolical today. Really need to fix up that midfield, the space behind Fred is the size of an ocean. Worried that James plays so often, the guy is a dud.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Another shocking performance, you really have to wonder what he does all week.
We still struggle for the same issues under him since he came in

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Everyone already knows my opinion on him so there's no point sounding like a broken washing machine.
All I will say is that he needs to improve on the training pitch because that's where our biggest problems lie.

el3mel

That was shit. Ultimately we won because our quality upfront got us across the line with one special move by Greenwood.

The dynamics of the team is so awful and a lot of things need to improve, otherwise we'll have a lot of shit draws this season.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Individual brilliance
Patterns of play
Never win the league with him
Brexit FC
what do we do on the training ground?
Imagine what a good manager could do.
Midfield atrocious
“Lampard/Arteta”
Lucky
New contract.

beer&grill

Like crossing the street without checking traffic and somehow getting safely on the other side. Awful perfromance masked by a lucky win.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Delighted with the win. However, coming up to 3 years as manager, we haven’t progressed as much as we should despite the significant investment in the squad. Tactically we are so poor & we rely too much on individual brilliance. It’s not good enough & won’t lead to winning the big trophies. We have next to no idea how to beat the press, no idea how to breakdown a team that sits behind the ball. Just hope that one counter attack goes our way or one moment of magic can get us a goal. It’s like they don’t get coached in training.

I would say the reason Neville is so reluctant to say Ronaldo will lead us to the title is he knows the manager is not good enough & has shown nothing to suggest he’s going to get us to a PL or CL win. Give this squad to our rival managers & there would be an expectation to win titles. I’m certain these type of performances would be few & far between. We seem to have these performances in 3/5 games. Ole has to win a trophy this year or needs to go.

dove

Nearly 3 years and we still serve same crap every week. Squad with an amazing potential severely handicapped by our coaching staff. He is our Arteta. Imagine what a good manager could do with this team.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Now we can't get rid of him, it's time to bring in a tactical assistant.

passing-wind

Don't know how Ole seems to pull a result here and there. The fundamentals to a consistent season depends on the build up, passages of play, passing and cohesive movement.

United need to establish an identity with the current set of players and impose that identity on teams. I believe many of the games we observe are a reflection of training, so replacing the likes of Carrick / McKenna seems plausible if the performances remain poor moving forward.

Good result however 2 wins and a draw hardly the worst start for points but performances are terrible with exception of Leeds.

Shark

@NotShark
Got bailed out by Greenwood. We're not playing as a team all, at this stage we should be seeing much more than what we're producing on the pitch. Much more.

Giggsyking

Get him out of the club now. We were shambles tactically. I was wrong about him, I thought he is a mediocre manager, he is probably less than mediocre.

RedSinha

Nearly 3 years and we still serve same crap every week. Squad with an amazing potential severely handicapped by our coaching staff. He is our Arteta. Imagine what a good manager could do with this team.
Yup, there it is. Predictable from the caf.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Our tactics today were to rely on individual brilliance. I just dont think for the players we have, that that is enough.

OleBoiii

Posters in here are fuming over Greenwood scoring that goal. And all of them United supporters :p

Status
Not open for further replies.