Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
This thread is going to be quiet eh?

I swear after Tuesday we had about 15 pages by now

The matic sub was good as we needed that incisive pass
Sorry but the only reason it’s quiet is because if you say something people will jump on you to say that you are moaning even after a win . This game showed me nothing that I don’t already know about Ole’s United

Drainy

Yes. Everyone in the matchday thread was complaining about Fred giving the ball away, Ole brings on the midfield option who can give stability, keep possession and make a pass. Everyone freaks out.

Ole made a good sub. Even if it didn't work out it made sense.

mu4c_20le

We played really well today at West Ham's ground, completely dominated bar the odd defensive mistake.

The_Midfielder

He got away with that one today. We were incredibly poor for the talent we have on the pitch. West ham were missing players and had a game on Thursday, and once again we made hard work of it.

Great win, but the performances don't make me believe we will challenge.
We should have won handsomely..
.Ronaldos miss ..penalty that was not given

el3mel

Sorry but the only reason it’s quiet is because if you say something people will jump on you to say that you are moaning even after a win . This game showed me nothing that I don’t already know about Ole’s United
Exactly. Tactically nothing different, we're a mess.

I just want to enjoy the win.

When he manages a game well I'll say it.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
He is easily the luckiest manager on this planet or from any manager I have seen. I can’t believe there is anyone that will doubt that as it has been said many times already. De Gea saving a 2 points penalty against Noble? Unprecedented. Science can not explain his luck and it should definetly help him win something. On the another positive note, he made the right decision keeping Lingard and with the subs today. Other than that, with the players he has and the luck he composes, it has the formula to achieve something significant this season.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Yes. Everyone in the matchday thread was complaining about Fred giving the ball away, Ole brings on the midfield option who can give stability, keep possession and make a pass. Everyone freaks out.

Ole made a good sub. Even if it didn't work out it made sense.
He delayed it though. Fred was embarrassing from minute 1.

Man-United

Can he show some anger in the post match for once? Having a go at Atkinson would be a start.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder

As of now I am the 18th post since full time. (Roughly)

by that time on Tuesday there was six pages of posts.

OleBoiii

I want every United fan who claims that we didn't deserve to win today(or that we were lucky) banned for agenda posting.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

He played again with McFred despite having top squad. That and his subs later showed that he is happy with point in these kind of games. With that thinking you don't challenge for title.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
He is easily the luckiest manager on this planet or from any manager I have seen. I can’t believe there is anyone that will doubt that as it has been said many times already. De Gea saving a 2 points penalty against Noble? Unprecedented. Science can not explain his luck and it should definetly help him win something. On the another positive note, he made the right decision keeping Lingard and with the subs today. Other than that, with the players he has and the luck he composes, it has the formula to achieve something significant this season.
Genuine question.

Based on today I’d say that we had two stonewall penalties not given against us.

We hit the post, missed an obvious clear cut chance and that’s with two of our best attacking talents injured.

Why is that lucky?

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Ah please, that performance was again very similar to a lot of our games this season. Bar the Jesse moment we looked clueless for a lot of that second half.
We looked flat for 20 minutes at the end, but was comfortably on top for the rest of it. 2 penalties turned down, hit the post, Ronaldo messed up when clean through on goal, most shots on target by a team in the first half this season. Absolutely no way anyone can say we didn't deserve to win that. The only reason West Ham was in it was a horrible deflected shot.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
He got away with that one today. We were incredibly poor for the talent we have on the pitch. West ham were missing players and had a game on Thursday, and once again we made hard work of it.

Great win, but the performances don't make me believe we will challenge.
Can you just enjoy the win instead of immediately begin to sulk?

We had 20 shots today, 10 on goals, at least 2 penalties that were not given and 65% possession. That is more than enough to win football matches.

The previous manager in Manchester United that was worth anything, Sir Alex Ferguson, became famous for the phrase Fergie time in which the team got known for clutching the win, or a draw far into overtime. Not every god damn game is going to be played like its only one team on the pitch. We won deservedly today.

It's legitimately so exhausting when even our own fans can't be happy and positive when we win.

Sylar

But only because people go to extremes

We have just won, why is the first thought negative? Why not talk about the good (at least first) and bad?

You can bet if we didn't win there would be questions on bringing on Matic and lingard, but they were the two who linked up for the winner

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I want every United fan who claims that we didn't deserve to win today(or that we were lucky) banned for agenda posting.
Never understood that "deserve" thing. There is no deserved or not. Team who scored more goals (IF other team is not robbed by ref), deserves a win.

Sylar

Exactly. Tactically nothing different, we're a mess.

I just want to enjoy the win.

When he manages a game well I'll say it.
You mean like making substitutions that lead to the winner? Or does that not count as management now?

Its funny you say you want to enjoy the win, yet are still in here being negative

You clearly want to say ole out but have masked it with a bunch of words to act like you're celebrating

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
But only because people go to extremes

We have just won, why is the first thought negative? Why not talk about the good (at least first) and bad?

You can bet if we didn't win there would be questions on bringing on Matic and lingard, but they were the two who linked up for the winner
Weird considering your first thought after the win was to post here and call others out

OleBoiii

Never understood that "deserve" thing. There is no deserved or not. Team who scored more goals (IF other team is not robbed by ref), deserves a win.
Don't be pedantic. The word "deserve" functions as a shorthand for "created more chances" and "had the initiative" etc. You know this.

Walters_19_MuFc

I was questioning Matic's introduction but it so happened that he played a superb ball through the lines to Lingard who went on to score.

Good subs, Ole!

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
If anything the lingard goal summed up Ole as a manager. He was on for 20 minutes and barely touched the ball . There seemed to be no plan at all as to what his role was and then he bangs one it from the edge of the box and somehow I am supposed to praise Ole for that

Sylar

Weird considering your first thought after the win was to post here and call others out
Actually my first posts were in the lingard and ddg threads
Then this appeared at the top of the performances thread and it only had a few posts compared to me doing the same on Tuesday

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
We have top defence this year and top attack. Why we need to play with McFred? I don't understand that.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
For me a massive thing about Ole is how positive the squad feels.

Having the away fans roar for him as he goes over and start chanting his name - the match going fans are fully behind him and we are producing great results.

Momentum can’t be defined in football but it feels like we have it now. Coming from behind in games isn’t ideal- I’d rather we go 2/3 up but teams are shit scared of us after they go 1 up. A few years ago West Ham would be going for a second or a third. Today they’ve gone defensively immediately.

90 + 5min

I know it still hurts for you that overated Pochettinho didn't get job here but come on. Blaming wins on luck.

Sceince explains a lot if you look where we have been and in what direction we are going. If you believe in real science and not "flat earth" science.

RedTiger

Half mast
Yeah, he's so lucky that his players are doing what they're supposed to. How lucky can the lucky elf get?

el3mel

You mean like making substitutions that lead to the winner? Or does that not count as management now?

Its funny you say you want to enjoy the win, yet are still in here being negative

You clearly want to say ole out but have masked it with a bunch of words to act like you're celebrating
You're the one who came to this thread to pick up fights with other posters instead of actually celebrating the win.

Grow up a little bit.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Don't be pedantic. The word "deserve" functions as a shorthand for "created more chances" and "had the initiative" etc. You know this.
It was not aimed at you. People often throw that "deserve" thing based on shots and possession stuff. As i said; who scored more, deserved to win. Simple.

Giggsyking

He did very well today despite the shocking refereeing. The thing I wished he should have done that he put some pressure on the fecking referee.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Genuine question.

Based on today I’d say that we had two stonewall penalties not given against us.

We hit the post, missed an obvious clear cut chance and that’s with two of our best attacking talents injured.

Why is that lucky?
Stonewall penalties? If it was stonewall, Var would have overturned the referee decision. It wasn’t stonewall.

Two of our best attacking talent? Ronaldo, Greenwood, Bruno, Pogba was all playing. Not sure what you on about. Unless one of these players have a dip in form, none of our other attackers are replacing them. Unless you are talking about Antonio for West ham? With the chance you say we missed, same can be said with west ham. The penalty miss was the clearest chance of the game That wasn’t converted

Real Name

Stonewall penalties? If it was stonewall, Var would have overturned the referee decision. It wasn’t stonewall.

Two of our best attacking talent? Ronaldo, Greenwood, Bruno, Pogba was all playing. Not sure what you on about. Unless one of these players have a dip in form, none of our other attackers are replacing them. With the chance you say we missed, same can be said with west ham. The penalty miss was the clearest chance of the game That wasn’t converted
You didnt mention micky mouse cup in your post, I'm disappointed.

Also can you remember their chances? Few at least?

This will hurt some posters till next week. Feel sorry for them.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Genuine question.

Why is that lucky?
Don't take that poster seriously.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder

Two of our best attacking talent? Ronaldo, Greenwood, Bruno, Pogba was all player. Not sure what you on about. Unless one of these players have a dip in form, none of our attackers are replacing them. With the chance you say we missed, same can be said with west ham. The penalty miss was the clearest chance of the game That wasn’t converted
Amadeus - I’m just gonna start reporting you for wumming at this point. Pretending that you don’t know who Rashford is or that wasn’t an obvious penalty just takes it too far. I get it’s fun to have a pantomime villain but you’re making it too obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.