Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
He got the team selection and substitutions spot on today. I do think there are serious questions over our style of play at times though. It's so laborious and we rarely seen to try force anything.

Sylar

We deserved to win for sure, but the last 20 mins epitomised Ole’s recent time at United. Struggling to build or apply any real pressure, but having the squad quality to just brute force the issue. Question is whether that’s a sustainable approach to winning the league. For me, no, but it’s certainly enough to win lots of games in an exciting way. Depends what the ultimate goal is I suppose.
I know what you mean for today but the pressure was almost always killed by our players own sloppiness
The number of times fred or mct missed a easy five yard pass or failed to control the ball, or Maguire or awb passing it out of play when it looks easier to keep in.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
His subs worked today. Pogba in the position Lingard was in isn’t putting it top bins. Fred in the position Matic was in is probably passing to a West Ham player. Credit where it’s due.

The Hilton

For the stick he gets for his subs, they won us the match today, there were a lot of people complaining about both in the match thread, who should be eating their words.

We were robbed of a couple of stonewall penalties.

Dan_F

I’m usually quite critical of how late the subs come, but I actually thought we were doing well and had no great need to change it at 55 minutes or so. It wasn’t like Wolves where we were playing badly.

Both subs played a part in the winner, we hit the post, had two clear pens, Ronnie missed a 1v1 and a lot of people wouldn’t even think of giving him any credit.

Jev

Well said by Ole. Needs to call them out directly soon. It's a disgrace
Should have been even angrier in order to force a discussion on this. It's gonna get ignored because it went against United and because we won anyway but this was one of the biggest VAR scandals for a long time. I'm livid even though we won.

lysglimt

Scout
Amadeus - I’m just gonna start reporting you for wumming at this point. Pretending that you don’t know who Rashford is or that wasn’t an obvious penalty just takes it too far. I get it’s fun to have a pantomime villain but you’re making it too obvious.
Ignore him - he is still grumpy because OGS is our manager and not Poch.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Doesn't feel overly negative to me. Is there a chance you might be very sensitive? I mean, it feels that the majority of posters in this thread credited him for his subs, didn't they?
You asked what it shows that when we win we have 16 posts and when we lose we have four pages.
The answer is that it shows we are overly negative.
Overall I’ve found the forum today delightful.

Halftrack

Stonewall penalties? If it was stonewall, Var would have overturned the referee decision. It wasn’t stonewall.

Two of our best attacking talent? Ronaldo, Greenwood, Bruno, Pogba was all playing. Not sure what you on about. Unless one of these players have a dip in form, none of our other attackers are replacing them. Unless you are talking about Antonio for West ham? With the chance you say we missed, same can be said with west ham. The penalty miss was the clearest chance of the game That wasn’t converted
Waah waah

lysglimt

Scout
Oh and I have to say this - anyone claiming Declan Rice isn't a quality footballer - is clueless.

Sylar

Oh and I have to say this - anyone claiming Declan Rice isn't a quality footballer - is clueless.
He would be great for us for sure
I reckon this is why Ole didn't get any DM this season and will go big for him next season (along with haaland)

NZT-One

You asked what it shows that when we win we have 16 posts and when we lose we have four pages.
The answer is that it shows we are overly negative.
Overall I’ve found the forum today delightful.
Semantics but it doesn't show that the forum is overly negative. It shows that you consider it as overly negative. ;)

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
At least he made reference to the penalty decisions. Horrible decisions by athkinson. Should be suspended for three games because of it.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
I can see why he sticks with Mcfred as it's our most balanced midfield duo. However he's had enough time to remedy that and they still get cut through too easily for me. Important win and we go into the homestand with momentum.

Strats

Good response from both Ole and Lingard today. Going from absolute horrid subs and making a mistake to lose the game, to making spot on subs and a game winning goal is a great redemption.

Was fecking fuming when Matic and Lingard were subbed on though.

RedDevilRoshi

Small margins.

Today we set up well and dominated them, we were just unlucky not to score many more. He did a good job and it was almost undone by bad luck and bad refereeing.

He needs to find consistency and sort out our transitions now.
Totally agree. It was 11 vs 12 out there. Martin Atkinson is a fecking knob.

VivaRonaldo85

Ole should have lambasted the referee there to send a clear message of intent. His points bought the foul given against Pogba is perfectly valid and makes Atkinson look even more stupid. Would be worth the FA fine that he can afford with his eyes closed.

Irwin99

Subs okay today then lads?
Even if Lindard hadn't scored the attacking intent was there and while the game was not exactly shifting towards West Ham's advantage it was much closer than the first half. Thought Pogba and Greenwood were having off days too. Good subs.

Idxomer

Good subs and we played well for most of the game, they were still getting at the defense way too easily for my liking which was a big problem today.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Thought the Pogba sub was definitely the correct one (despite some protestations by some). He was great in the first half but wasn't in the game in the second. And the game was starting to get away from us I thought.

dove

This game today sums up Ole's reign here. Could have won by more but at the same time could have easily drew/lost the game as we conceded quite a few chances like we usually do. We struggle to keep clean sheets and our performances are not great which shouldn't make us serious title contenders.

Cathy Ferguson

Probably our best away performance of the season. They got a lucky goal and we were denied two penalties. Imagine this team with a top class CDM instead of Fred.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
And that tells you what? Maybe the Ole in folks should act more actively when the manager deserves some credit.

All in all, I think it was a good performance overall. Didn't really felt lucky, of course Westham bottling the penalty is sheer luck but all in all we have been fine. It was good, that today, we at least worked our way to meeting the post and to be in contention of deserving one or two penalties. This is how forcing your luck works. Ole set us up well, his subs turned out successful so he deserves praise. But I also want to point out, that this wasn't out of this world tactical level, it was a good move which works as an argument against he would be totally shit. It doesn't work for the argument of him being great.
The last thing this thread needs is more people spamming it with nonsense as soon as the game ends. Discuss the subs maybe, but honestly that would make for a poor discussion imo.

Olecurls99

Oh I think you misread my post, i'm not accusing the club of keeping him for sentimental reasons, i'm accusing the posters who have lost faith in him as a manager but still want to find a different role for him just so he can stay inside the club in some capacity.
Fair enough
Stonewall penalties? If it was stonewall, Var would have overturned the referee decision. It wasn’t stonewall.

Two of our best attacking talent? Ronaldo, Greenwood, Bruno, Pogba was all playing. Not sure what you on about. Unless one of these players have a dip in form, none of our other attackers are replacing them. Unless you are talking about Antonio for West ham? With the chance you say we missed, same can be said with west ham. The penalty miss was the clearest chance of the game That wasn’t converted
How do I ignore? Please someone tell me

NZT-One

The last thing this thread needs is more people spamming it with nonsense as soon as the game ends. Discuss the subs maybe, but honestly that would make for a poor discussion imo.
:D

totally on your side with that. But if the atmosphere is a problem because the critics are more active, than the praisers should just be active as well.

I am not as long on the caf as you, who made the decision to open performance threads right after the game? (No criticism, just interested how things got how they are)

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Doesn't feel overly negative to me. Is there a chance you might be very sensitive? I mean, it feels that the majority of posters in this thread credited him for his subs, didn't they?
Take a tour of the GDT duriing the time when the subs were made to change your opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.