Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
If Ole is a luckiest manager on this planet, he will get 3 penalty instead of none of them.
Then we hit a post, missed big chances, conceded a reflected goal and referee acted as opposite team player.
How luck Ole has?

Sometimes we need to win this type of football when everything seemed against the team.
Exactly. I thought this tweet summed it up nicely (although West Ham’s penalty wasn’t dubious, two of ours were definitely stonewall):

Real Name

He was slammed for his substitutions on Tuesday, I take it he is getting praised for his substitutions yesterday?
Nah, we didnt have any patterns of play and were lucky to win. Not to mention comparisons with Tuchel. We wont have that.

Giggsyking

If Ole is a luckiest manager on this planet, he will get 3 penalty instead of none of them.
Then we hit a post, missed big chances, conceded a reflected goal and referee acted as opposite team player.
How luck Ole has?

Sometimes we need to win this type of football when everything seemed against the team.
He is not the luckiest, If he was the luckiest he would have won titles by now out of luck, specially cup titles that need so much luck. Though, he is a lucky person, cant deny that, he landed a job that he was not qualified for in the first place. Good for him taking that chance.

Real Name

He is not the luckiest, If he was the luckiest he would have won titles by now out of luck, specially cup titles that need so much luck. Though, he is a lucky person, cant deny that, he landed a job that he was not qualified for in the first place. Good for him taking that chance.
His supporters will come soon with a list of excuses for him not to win anything.

Giggsyking

Why the feck are people interested "when" someone should come and write in this thread. People have the right to write anything they want, whenever they want as long as it complies with the rules of the forum, no time limits ffs.
When I come here after a loss and I write one line of criticism, in half an hour I find 10 notifications of replies. But like yesterday, I came praised his game, guess what, no replies. You can not blame one side for the polarisation of the forum or the thread.

Giggsyking

His supporters will come soon with a list of excuses for him not to win anything.
They have been blaming everything on the process of rebuilding. They ran out of excuses, but I wont be surprised if they find new excuses. He must deliver a big trophy this season. No buts or ifs.

Real Name

They have been blaming everything on the process of rebuilding. They ran out of excuses, but I wont be surprised if they find new excuses. He must deliver a big trophy this season. No buts or ifs.
And there you have it. I like how easy you got hooked.

Giggsyking

He was slammed for his substitutions on Tuesday, I take it he is getting praised for his substitutions yesterday?
I have noticed that he make very good subs in league games, where the end result is not deciding of your fate in the competition because you have a long run. We the best comeback team in the league, we made 35 points from comebacks.

But, most of his atrocious subs came in cup competitions or knockout games, he is not that brave in these games.

MuFc_1992

Do people who criticize Ole here want him sacked straight away because the form we're currently on doesn't warrant sacking the manager at all. What do you people recon is the amount of failure needed to justify sacking him?

Real Name

Nothing wrong with that. I think he is being excused by his supporters. Why are you here in the first place?
That supporters, fanboys stuff is so daft and childish I dont know where to begin. First of all that kind of things polarize this place if it isnt polarized enough and you cant have a normal, civil conversation when you post stuff like that, especially when you make up something like there are his supporters here who apparently have some kind of list. Not everyone is on Ole's case every day like you and that doesnt make them Ole's supporters but guys who have a different opinion and are not obsessed with Ole getting an axe. You and the likes of you cant way for him to get a bad result so you can continue with your very apparent agenda.

We're having a strong start of the season, not counting YB of course and all we hear are he's clueless and he's no Tuchel (newest cafe darling) and even if he wins something it will be lucky cause he's the luckiest manager ever.

And what's with the question in the end, why am I here?

Giggsyking

That supporters, fanboys stuff is so daft and childish I dont know where to begin. First of all that kind of things polarize this place if it isnt polarized enough and you cant have a normal, civil conversation when you post stuff like that, especially when you make up something like there are his supporters here who apparently have some kind of list. Not everyone is on Ole's case every day like you and that doesnt make them Ole's supporters but guys who have a different opinion and are not obsessed with Ole getting an axe. You and the likes of you cant way for him to get a bad result so you can continue with your very apparent agenda.
What do you want them to be called, how do you want me to refer to the people who defends him at any cost? English is not my first nor my second language, Maybe you can help me with a better term when I have to refer to them. Put in mind, when we call them that, it is after being referred to as a "plastic" fan, a "spoilt brat" and I can go on about the names I was called here, but If you think me calling his supporters "supporters" with no personalisation whatsoever is an insult, but me not defending myself against Personal name calling, then I dont know what are we discussing here.

What Agenda? be rational. I have one Agenda since the day I registered here, that I want the best to my team and want to see the team winning trophies. If you think people come here with a hidden agenda criticizing Ole, then you must be deluded.

Real Name

What do you want them to be called, how do you want me to refer to the people who defends him at any cost? English is not my first nor my second language, Maybe you can help me with a better term when I have to refer to them. Put in mind, when we call them that, it is after being referred to as a "plastic" fan, a "spoilt brat" and I can go on about the names I was called here, but If you think me calling his supporters "supporters" with no personalisation whatsoever is an insult, but me not defending myself against Personal name calling, then I dont know what are we discussing here.

What Agenda? be rational. I have one Agenda since the day I registered here, that I want the best to my team and want to see the team winning trophies. If you think people come here with a hidden agenda criticizing Ole, then you must be deluded.
Just a quick look at most of your posts and it's clear you do have an agenda and it's not the one you mentioned. I didnt say making things up like some Ole's supporters is an insult, just that it doesnt contribute to the quality of posts here, on the contrary. Especially when you mention those phantom supporters in nearly every post.
Of course words like plastic fan and spoilt brat shouldn't be used too.

I can help you with a better term. Dont use any term. There, I helped you.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
:D

totally on your side with that. But if the atmosphere is a problem because the critics are more active, than the praisers should just be active as well.

I am not as long on the caf as you, who made the decision to open performance threads right after the game? (No criticism, just interested how things got how they are)
The performance threads got locked during matches because people could not behave.

What i am trying to say is, that unless you got something meaningful to post, maybe have a think before you hit that red button. I dont really see the point of discussing the managers "performance" after each and every game, because hes being judged by his long term results. Having this back and forth one-upmanship depending on whether its a W, D or L is absurd.

This is not aimed at you though. Generally i think your posts have enough substance to be worth reading. Obvious WUMS and one-liners are tiresome though

romufc

If we were to chose a game to lose early on, it would be the CL game, there is enough room to recover, than losing a PL game.

We need to now kick on and play better and results will come with it.

largelyworried

He is from me. I think Matic was an astute sub, we were struggling to play balls through the opposition lines and Matic is good at that, whatever other limitations he may have these days. Its tempting to think about having more and more attackers in the field, but you have to get the ball into attacking areas before your attackers can shoot. Lingard I think was just a roll of the dice that came up good.

Giggsyking

Just a quick look at most of your posts and it's clear you do have an agenda and it's not the one you mentioned. I didnt say making things up like some Ole's supporters is an insult, just that it doesnt contribute to the quality of posts here, on the contrary. Especially when you mention those phantom supporters in nearly every post.

I can help you with a better term. Dont use any term. There, I helped you.
So you are silent when they are calling me or any other Ole critic names. But you want us to not point them out when needed? one sided. Dictatorship at its finest.
If wanting Manchester united to win the league and the CL is an agenda, then Yes, this is my agenda.

One thing, you and people like you are big problems to this forum, cause you come here, not only to personalise their post against other posters (despite the rules of the forum is discuss the post not the poster), but they question the loyalty of the fans.

Real Name

So you are silent when they are calling me or any other Ole critic names. But you want us to not point them out when needed? one sided. Dictatorship at its finest.
If wanting Manchester united to win the league and the CL is an agenda, then Yes, this is my agenda.

One thing, you and people like you are big problems to this forum, cause you come here, not only to personalise their post against other posters (despite the rules of the forum is discuss the post not the poster), but they question the loyalty of the fans.
:lol: Sorry but. Surely you see the irony. Double irony too.

Also dont be so dramatic with dictatorship stuff.

Giggsyking

:lol: Sorry but. Surely you see the irony. Double irony too.

Also dont be so dramatic with dictatorship stuff.
You come here, personalize your post toward me, then after that question my loyalty. Then when I respond, you get offended. I have to respond to you at some point.

Longshanks

There is no excuses the expectation is to challenge not win them. There are at least 3 equal squads with what ole outters claim to be managers well beyond Ole capabilities vying for a league title you can't actually expect us to win the league but to challenge for it and be in the mix thats fair.

Cup competitions are lotteries and draw dependent but again the minimum expectations would to be to get to the latter stages of the cup competitions quarters and beyond preferably.

You can't plant an unrealistic expectation of we must win a big trophy otherwise failure, but we must challenge this season as a minimum.

Real Name

You come here, personalize your post toward me, then after that question my loyalty. Then when I respond, you get offended. I have to respond to you at some point.
Do you know what personalizing a post means? I didnt say anything about you as a person cause I dont know you, I commented the way you post and your very obvious agenda.

How exactly I got offended?
And where and how did I question your loyalty?

Nick7

I thought the Matic sub was strange. Seemed a weird sub to make in the 88th minute while looking for a goal. I was obviously very wrong.

Keanes Magic Hat

I'm a supporter who wants him to succeed but I agree he needs a trophy this season and the team needs to continue to progress like they have in recent years and dominate opposition a bit more

pascell

Bringing Matic on for Fred was a great substitution, it allowed us to keep passing the ball progressively, when Fred kept passing it backwards. And of course backing Lingard after midweek for him to come on and get the goal was great to see for Jesse.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Do people who criticize Ole here want him sacked straight away because the form we're currently on doesn't warrant sacking the manager at all. What do you people recon is the amount of failure needed to justify sacking him?
This is the main cause for so much of the discontent. There are people that have long since made up their minds that he is not the manager they want, but the results don't warrant him being replaced. In reality, the results warranted a new contract and further backing in the transfer market, which both happened. Its quite the mental conundrum for anyone who has given up on him.

Giggsyking

There is no excuses the expectation is to challenge not win them. There are at least 3 equal squads with what ole outters claim to be managers well beyond Ole capabilities vying for a league title you can't actually expect us to win the league but to challenge for it and be in the mix thats fair.

Cup competitions are lotteries and draw dependent but again the minimum expectations would to be to get to the latter stages of the cup competitions quarters and beyond preferably.

You can't plant an unrealistic expectation of we must win a big trophy otherwise failure, but we must challenge this season as a minimum.
Fair enough, we have if not a better squad than the others but at least equally good, then we have to be in the fight for the title till the end of the season. Not second with 12 points off the top, that is not challenging.

Real Name

Bringing Matic on for Fred was a great substitution, it allowed us to keep passing the ball progressively, when Fred kept passing it backwards. And of course backing Lingard after midweek for him to come on and get the goal was great to see for Jesse.
Man management is one of his strongest points. Its clear from the outside atmosphere in the team is absolutely great and it was evident in the end how they celebrated the win. After Young boys certain ex manager would throw the team under the bus instantly but Ole didnt do it, on the contrary he believed in Jesse after all he has been through since Tuesday and Jesse paid of his trust.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I'd reverse that. A club with big ambitions should expect excellence in order to justify the manager staying.

Giggsyking

Do you know what personalizing a post means? I didnt say anything about you as a person cause I dont know you, I commented the way you post and your very obvious agenda.

How exactly I got offended?
And where and how did I question your loyalty?
I think we polluted the thread enough and If you wish to continue the discussion we continue in the private messages.

PoTMS

Credit where it's due, his in game management and substitutions which is usually one of his weak spots made a big difference yesterday and won us the game. Hopefully, it's a sign of things to come.

Polar

who defends him at any cost
I wouldn’t call it to defend a manager at any cost when we talk about a manager who brought the club to second place last season (progressed) and is on top together with LFC today (continue the progress).

Herman Toothrot

I have noticed that he make very good subs in league games, where the end result is not deciding of your fate in the competition because you have a long run. We the best comeback team in the league, we made 35 points from comebacks.

But, most of his atrocious subs came in cup competitions or knockout games, he is not that brave in these games.
It's usually because he has his best 11 starting and brining on... Donny, Tuanzabe or Juan Mata won't make much difference. With Sancho and Ronaldo coming in this season, there are much better options.

Status
Not open for further replies.