Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

laughtersassassin

Ole did a good job for this club interms of fixing our squad.

But he isn't a good manager. He won't get another Prem job when he leaves here.

What's the point in pretending he could compete with Klopp Pep or Tuchel.

He cant. He got the players he wanted this summer. Ignored the midfield problem again and we are arguably performing even worse.

He is given was too much slack because he used to play for us. He is our Lampard.

Foxbatt

He got us to consecutive UCLs something that no manager since Sir Alex had done, he's earned at least 3 more years without pressure.

Ole gets the club, has the DNA in his blood, he's a young manager thats still learning. He's only managed for 10 years or something like that so it's ok if he keeps learning here.

It will eventually come good, and even if we end up winning feck at all he'll leave the team in a much better place than what we had it under Mourinho. That was toxic you know? We should be grateful that it's not toxic anymore.
Yes by the time Ronaldo's grandchildren will be playing football.

NK86

He really doesn't help himself laughing and smiling after watching that.

I'm not asking for him to be sitting there in tears or smashing the dugout up but it's just not a good look to have had yet another appalling performance and shit result and then it cuts to the manager and he's having a laugh and a giggle on the side.

If he doesn't care then why should we?
He knows that if he is fired, he will be paid millions still. We know he is bringing down the whole team to his mediocre level. That's why he doesn't bother much perhaps.
Imagine Sir Alex smiling after that performance.

OverratedOpinion

I love Ole, I think he has done some wonderful things in his time here. He is the wrong man to take this forward.

If you have Greenwood, Fernandes, Pogba, Ronaldo, Sancho, Martial, Rashford, Lingard and others and can make us look that ineffectual any time a team decides to defend deep, you are not up to this level.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
If this is how we play when the squad is behind and likes the manager, you have to wonder how it'll be if he loses the dressing room...

Devil81

Chelsea made the change and won the Champions league.

I'd argue our squad is marginally better.

Surely the board are looking at this and thinking something has to change.

croadyman

Just praying he doesn't blame the fact we are playing at 12.30 today, yes we probably should have been playing tomorrow instead but please don't use that as an excuse when you see what we brought on that pitch today

Kag

That midfield is poor but it's not like Liverpool have prime Barca midfield. Ole cannot get a tune out of a structure to improve us and he cannot get our team to break down a low block. He is ok when we need to counter and he is all at sea without that.
Liverpool have Fabinho and Henderson, and Thiago in spite of not being particularly great so far. All three are on a different planet to Fred and McTominay.

We messed up in the summer when we refused to sanction the signing of a midfielder.

And yes, we absolutely should be getting better results and performances. This is why I think the rational criticism of Ole is justified at this time.

LisburnWhite

Should go but won't leave until someone fires him.
He has done his best but it isn't nearly good enough for a top team.
I've resigned myself that this season will play out with no trophies and a battle for top 4. That might even get him another year unless the big players start a bit of a revolt which is hard to do when Ole appears to be a nice guy.
Think we are in a worse position now than with previous managers because with them you could always see the sack coming at some stage, with Ole I think he will be here for the foreseeable baring some massive meltdown, we are stuck in a cycle of win some lose some but never win a trophy.

Man-United

I'm Ole in still, but what I don't like with him is that he's smiling no matter what. It's 1-1 in the 94th? min and he laughs.

Ralph1386

Chelsea’s board is about winning trophies. Our board is about making money.

James35

Took ages to happen with previous managers, arguably didn't happen on a large scale at all.

No chance it happens with Ole.
This level of moral reasoning is what will keep us firmly behind the best teams in the league and Europe.

Josep Dowling

What annoys me with Ole is he signs players then doesn’t use them, whilst we glaringly need players in other positions. If Ole has so much confidence with Greenwood on the right, why spend £73m on a replacement? Sancho has barely had minutes so far this season. He cost £73m! You can’t leave that sort of player on the bench.

We desperately need a DM. I said it from the beginning of the season. That is going to cost us silverware this season.

Last season he signs DVB, then doesn’t use him. And still hasn’t given him a run of games whilst Fred is cost us game after game. Sooner or later it will cost him his job as well.

We have not controlled a single game this season. That’s down to manager set up, and tactics. The points on the board is clouding people’s judgment. We have played no one! To drop points to Villa, Everton and Southampton this season simply isn’t good enough to win the league.

I want the Ole experiment to end before we waste a talented squad. This is without the best squad we have had for nearly 10 years.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
He's just been given a new contract this season. Most likely he's untouchable this season.
It is unbelievable that he got a new contract, undefendable, injustifiable.

The 'inners' did a great job to come up with an excuse for it. If a top manager is available he should have been sacked the day before.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Easiest set of opening fixtures you could reasonably ask for - and this is the return.

Out of League Cup, CL in question, and PL looking seriously unlikely. Season could be done by xmas at this rate. And it would all be on the tactics.

r0663664

Worships Man City
Ole out! It is like bowling or golf, playing Mcfred is actually our opponents a handicap. Both cannot protect the back and attack. What are they good for? Everytime they misplaced a pass, the opponents go for a counter attack. Ole thinks his attackers will help him win games but often let down by his midfield. Just get out of there ASAP, you are just a Utd fan pretending to be a coach. Don't overstay your welcome.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout

Creating lower quality chances than an Benitez-led Everton team.
Quoting my previous post where we clearly created a lot in the second half, and that's without taking the first half headers from Martial, Cavani and the goal itself into account.
That xG doesn't pass the eye test.

That's why I said we didn't take our chances. Ronaldo blasted wide, Pogba headed clear, Pogba didn't get his curler on target, McT didn't connect with the layoff. Just off the top of my head.

Stringer

That's why I said we didn't take our chances. Ronaldo blasted wide, Pogba headed clear, Pogba didn't get his curler on target, McT didn't connect with the layoff. Just off the top of my head.
You mean the Pogba shot from outside the box? If so, how the hell is that a chance?

Red Star One

Ole did a good job for this club interms of fixing our squad.

But he isn't a good manager. He won't get another Prem job when he leaves here.

What's the point in pretending he could compete with Klopp Pep or Tuchel.

He cant. He got the players he wanted this summer. Ignored the midfield problem again and we are arguably performing even worse.

He is given was too much slack because he used to play for us. He is our Lampard.
Lampard is a much bigger legend at Chelsea than Ole at United, he operated in more difficult circumstances and got a sack much earlier than Ole.

Fooza

I'd genuinely be shocked if Ole gets sacked before December and it'd have to take something extraordinary like losing every game for that to happen. No way are our board ruthless like Chelsea.

Denis79

Ole has done a great rebuild but doesn't have the knowledge and experience to take us further, this is getting obvious now. There, I'm officially Ole out.

SAFMUTD

Creating lower quality chances than an Benitez-led Everton team.
Somehow the Ole ins will still argue that Everton result was underserved.

This was an Everton team that was missing around 4 starters. Ffs

laughtersassassin

Lampard is a much bigger legend at Chelsea than Ole at United, he operated in more difficult circumstances and got a sack much earlier than Ole.
True. But legend status should have zero impact of your managerial prospects.

Chelsy learned that quick enough that sentiment is pointless. We will waste an entire year again making the same mistake.

Though our fans are a part of the problem in that regard.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
This squad is absolutely crazy in the hands of those who can use it. The midfielders are still lacking but it's not an excuse not to beat Everton that lost their key players at home.

slored1

It is unbelievable that he got a new contract, undefendable, injustifiable.

The 'inners' did a great job to come up with an excuse for it. If a top manager is available he should have been sacked the day before.
It is a genuinely weird decision. What did he do to deserve it?

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I think he’s taken us as far as he can sadly.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I really want us to be successful under Ole. I want us to win things, but I’ve always had reservations about whether he’s good enough and I don’t think our style of play or performances have particularly got better.. we’ve just added better players.

I think we have to get rid of we want to get back to the top

Ivor Ballokov

He's been pretty cautious since getting the job full time, it hasn't been all that pretty but it has been quite effective. He's decided now he can try and play with a bit more freedom and it's not working. Fred and McTominay worked in that cautious system but they're too easily bypassed now, a proper defensive midfielder who shields the back four and moves the ball forward well is needed (what I would do for a young Carrick).

I always thought Ole was going to be a transitional figure, a bit like Rogers at Liverpool, gets positivity back in the club, refreshes the squad but ultimately someone else would need to come in and take the team to the final steps, Liverpool managed that transition well by getting in Klopp, the people behind the scenes need to be looking to do the same.

Ole is still a United legend though and that needs to be respected, even if things get frustrating.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
We need to do a Chelsea here before another season is ruined.

NK86

Liverpool have Fabinho and Henderson, and Thiago in spite of not being particularly great so far. All three are on a different planet to Fred and McTominay.

We messed up in the summer when we refused to sanction the signing of a midfielder.

And yes, we absolutely should be getting better results and performances. This is why I think the criticism is justified at this time.
Thiago doesn't even play all that much. I will give you Fabinho but Henderson would be absolutely shite here because of the way we set up and our coaching. He benefits by being a part of the midfield set up and coached by Klopp.

Anyway, cannot really do much when the manager is barely average. This is what we should expect. Cannot even be too angry now as I knew that we would concede from the first corner we give (luckily Mina was offside). We have two #6 and cannot even break down a counter attack. Wtf is that!

bonothom

Another disjointed shambles. Rafa Benitez would do a better job with this squad than clown Ole. His Everton team were more organised with a proper game plan even though they were missing 5 key players. This United squad are an expensive collection of individuals and Solskjaer hasn't a clue how to mould them into a proper team.

Status
Not open for further replies.