Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

United in sin

Whenever challenged, Solskjaer has done well. It actually gives him freedom to implement the tactics that are more familiar to him. Liverpool and City are good, but they have looked less than their usual unbelievable forms. I think he and United will come through this stretch in a surprisingly good position in the table.
He's flattered to deceive, he hasn't done well. He's done well enough to keep his job when under pressure, only to fail where it really matters. Rinse and repeat.

Sviken

Yeah, as I said, I don’t believe a brilliant DM is going to fix everything. But a young Matic etc. Would certainly help us control things better than McTominay who goes hiding and doesn’t have the ability to take the ball from the back and distribute it forwards. I agree though, I always thought Varane would help the defence go further forwards and thus allow the midfield to get closer to the attack. All made sense. But I don’t see too much sense on the field or the bench tbh.
Would we win more games with a quality DM? Probably. Would we play any better? Probably not. Our problems run far deeper than a simple position.

NZT-One

How come people are more than happy to bin off players and replace them with better ones each summer, and yet get so protective and defensive when it comes to applying the same standards to the managerial position?
That is the actual question. If we could solve that mistery, we wouldn't need one half the threads of this forum anymore :D

Last edited:

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
For me its because the managers can actually be so shit themselves with the players they decide to buy.

Van Gaal. Moyes. Mourinho. Zidanes transfers in at Real Madrid. Conte wanting Lukaku, Ashley Young and Alexis Sanchez :(
Motivating players is 50% of a managers role. The other 50% is formation/signings/tactics. You don't become a top manager without motivating your team to perform greater than the sum of it's parts.

SonyaCross493

Every team playing a back 5 against United and parking the bus, sick of it! When will a team go toe-to-toe with United! Everyone praising Leicester saying Leicester will attack United today yet they bottle it and play 5 at the back which they never do

Bus well and truly parked. Watford and other teams don't do it against the likes of Liverpool that's why they can give teams a proper battering with 4-0s like we can't. Frustrating.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Every team playing a back 5 against United and parking the bus, sick of it! When will a team go toe-to-toe with United! Everyone praising Leicester saying Leicester will attack United today yet they bottle it and play 5 at the back which they never do

Bus well and truly parked. Watford and other teams don't do it against the likes of Liverpool that's why they can give teams a proper battering with 4-0s like we can't. Frustrating.
Major injury issues in defence and Ndidi missing. They're not daft, if you watch any of our games you can see we struggled to break down a packed defence and are susceptible on the counter. You don't need to be Pep Guardiola to see that.

They'll probably still have a go but try pick their moments on the break. Something they've been good at in the past too.

L1nk

I really hope the rushing back of Maguire doesnt backfire but have a horrible feeling it will

Can7onA

I love Ole and always will do but he isn't good enough to manage this football team, sorry Ole :(

IhabX7

I think the players have downed tools. None of them looks up for it anymore. Time for a change, preferably with immediate effect before it becomes too late.

AshRK

Not good. Any ruthless board would have sacked him by now. He is getting more respect than deserved.

Kaos

Its infuriating how we're waiting to waste yet another season before doing the inevitable. Sack him tomorrow ffs. Zidane, Conte, Rodgers, Enrique, Potter, Mike Bassett...I don't really care, just bring in a proper coach who isn't a glorified PE teacher.

Djemba-Djemba

Should be sacked.

Every day he's still manager is a day we're wasting to save the season.

We have a million problems but one of the most infuriating is the set pieces.

They've been an issue under him for 3 years and yet here we are still an absolute fecking liability defending and attacking set pieces. It just reeks of a coach who doesn't know what he's doing.

Womp

idiot
Better football than LVG and Mourinho though.
Don't forget United DNA!

Here I was almost convinced that him being a United legend was enough to compensate for the fact that myself and quite a few others have said the football has been shite for quite some time.

You could give him whoever the feck he wants, we will continue to be played off the park by inferior teams

tenpoless

Ole at the wheelie
Tell me how bad it is really
We've got Ronaldo and Sancho and Fred
No tactics and we always get fecked
Dududu dudu dududu dudu

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
I love the man and have defended him for a while now but I am in the Ole out camp now unfortunately. He has taken the club as far as he can. He will always be a club legend, it just wasn't to be for him to be a success as our manager.

hobbers

"United DNA"
"Just needs a CDM"
"Progress"
"The United way"
"But the league table"

laughtersassassin

Can we open the poll just out of interest?

Be interesting to know how many thinks we he should survive tonight.

Obviously he will but he shouldn't.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Bang average football. We need a proper progressive manager who has genuine quality on the tactical front.

Red Stone

It's time. It's actually well overdue to the point where stuff is starting to smell a bit foul.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
There is no excuse for starting Maguire today. None. That is all on him and he has to take the blame for every consequence of it

432JuanMata

Please do a Chelsea and sack him now. This season can be saved from here. Our next 4 is Alanta bounce with Liverpool and city our season could be over in 2 weeks

midou

I hate how the fecking Glazers have turned the fanbase against one of our nicest ex-players by giving him and a contract as manager when he is clearly so out of his depth.

Ole and Carrick should resign immediately before they ruin their legacy even more, the rest of the coaching staff as well I just don't care about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.