Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlasgowCeltic

Throwing away that league cup tie just keeps looking a worse and worse decision in terms of his own self preservation.

hobbers

Ole's still in charge
Harry's turning like a barge
We've got a big gaping hole in midfield
That our new signings haven't concealed
Dududu duuuu dududu duuu
You're dreaming if you think we'll fight
We're fecking shite
:lol:

RedIan

Manchester United have lost 5 points from winning positions in the English Premier League this season, only Newcastle United (7) and Burnley (10) have lost more.

el3mel

Our manager has zero trust in our bench players to the point of rushing injured players back to play unfit and feck us up, but we're actually expecting the bench players to play well when they're thrown a rare chance ? There's no trust from the manager for them to pay off.

Awful management of the squad.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Won’t get sacked yet, will get worse before it gets better. Liverpool will destroy us and that could be the end.

BorisManUtd

One thing I'm worried now is there's a genuine possibility of us not getting through group stages for a 2nd time in a row, which would be a disaster really. So if we don't beat Atalanta on Wednesday, we basically have to win all of our remaining games, and that's never happening under Ole.

In another club decision would be made after EL final, we'll have to wait. Just hope it doesn't happen too late, and it really could.

Last edited:

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
Unfortunately for us rival fans he is on his last legs now.

You have a great set of players, any upgrade in the manager seat will make you better and lucky for you he is very easy to upgrade on considering he never should have been managing at this level in the first place.

Getting the decision totally right though is another matter. I have seen a lot of people sceptical about Conte. I think your squad would respond very positively to his intensity, competence and pedigree at this stage.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Can you believe that we came off in second half looking at shooting every ball from distance just because we scored a screamer in first half ? Our tactics was "let's try to score another screamer" !

This is our manager's tactics.
Yes, I can believe that.

One day, when we get an actual manager who knows how to coach us to play modern, progressive football, it's going to shock the club. Like a kid who's been brought up as a vegetarian getting to eat a cheeseburger for the first time.

Pyro19

Got fired from Cardiff.

Hired to lead at Manchester United.

Boggles the mind

SAFMUTD

I'm just waiting for @Wumminator to do one of his wonderful threads he does.

Aren't you going to make a compilation from all the posts in the game thread?

El Zoido

Has done a great job with the rebuild but has hit a wall now. Problem is who replaces him?

marktan

It's always been known how this would end out. He's never been a top manager. Just spends a lot and gets the occasional result. Green patch and woodward in his wisdom gives him the permanent job, even when we had till the summer to look for alternatives.

The problem is who we hire next. There's no criteria for anything at United, we just spend on the big names when it comes to managers and players and hope it sticks. There are some promising managers out there but I'm 99% sure we end up with Zidane or Conte, both of whom I can see being similar to Mourinho.

Giggsyking

While your enthusiasm on this topic has been noted, it has been unanimously agreed by the members of staff who have voted that a poll won't be going up at this moment in time. If/when circumstances change - at the staff's discretion without the prodding of members either way - a poll will go up and I'll be sure to tag the three of you. In the meantime any attempts to make a new thread/add a poll to this one by any member with poll privileges will be locked and/or deleted without reply.
Now?

Acole9

Outstanding
Loved him as a player but he's a dreadful manager, embarrassing. Should've been sacked ages ago.

FattyFooty

The Norwegian comentators and experts are slating him now. They might not say it directly, but its very clear where they are going.

FahadiHossein

I am not sure what is the thinking process of the team and the coaching staff.
It was understandable since losing Lukaku, the team does not have a poacher, but we do have poachers again with CR7 and Cavani. The team can now afford to control the game a bit more, and stop relying on quick counterattacks.

He needs to stop telling his players to pass the box WITHIN YOUR OWN HALF, and sometimes just outside your OWN PENALTY BOX.
No wonder the team is conceding.

SirScholes

Got fired from Cardiff.

Hired to lead at Manchester United.

Boggles the mind
It’s scary

hes
Done his job, when he came in it was, top 4 and steady the ship

now the job is, win the league, ole can’t do this so should feck off before he leaves us where he found us

Peter Harpoth

Is it possibel to see Fergi take over, if Ole gets sacked until January or Summer and find the right manager :) ? Didnt Bayern do something like that years ago ?

R'hllor

Can acolytes post some vods of those SP muppets, we usually get few after a win, wondering how arrogant and obnoxiuos are they now.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Obviously he will stay the whole season. So enjoy it. Don't forget to lift your pinkie when you drink from your cup while watching the game. Such entertainment can only be enjoyed by high class people with a lot of tolerance to heart attacks. WE NEED TO BE TOP REDS TOGETHER>

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama

I'm waiting for someone to post a cherrypicked league table highlighting how we're the best team in the league in away games played before lunchtime on Sundays. Or something to that effect.

YeahYeah

I mean he is way out of his depth and its been known practically since the start. At some point it had to become obvious. This never could have ended any differently. And hopefully it will end soon. 2 years too late though.

Womp

idiot

:lol:

It feels just like yesterday we were being called 'footballing hipsters' etc. for suggesting we've been playing shite football for some time now and we won't win anything unless that changed.

Heinzesight

Love the guy but hate his ‘football’. The writing is on the wall but it could be after we are dry-bummed by Liverpool or in May. Who the feck knows eh.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Throwing away that league cup tie just keeps looking a worse and worse decision in terms of his own self preservation.
Many said they didn't care as it's the league and CL that really matter. As if Ole is going to do much in those two.

midou

SAF beat Arsenal 2:0 with:
VDS
Brown, Smalling, Vidic, Evra,
Rafael, Gibson, O'Shea, Fabio
Rooney Hernandez

Can you imagine Ole with these kind of team? 20-25 points at then end of the season?

EdinburghDevil

I can't see how he keeps his job and this isn't knee jerk. We are lucky to have as many points on the board as we do.

We haven't played well, apart from 1 or 2 games this season and relied on an individual digging us out a hole.

And I think that's part of the problem, a talented squad has been assembled. Now we need someone to get the best out of that squad and Ole is struggled to progress things beyond where he has taken us so far.

For me, he can take us no further and it's the end of the road. Not sure who the answer is, but Ole isn't the answer.

Ludens the Red

Not upset, annoyed or angry with him anymore. I’ve accepted he’s not good and now it’s a case of just waiting…. Felt before today this was the beginning of the end. It will get worse but at the end of it we go our separate ways and move on. No more fecking about. The United board cannot waste this squad on a bang average coach, it would be borderline criminal.

Born2Lose

Moronic to go with a 33 year old who plays like a 44 year old and a guy who rarely gets out of 2nd gear against Leicester away.

If we're ever getting back to competing for the PL the Glazers are going to accept that they need to write off a huge number of overhyped and underdelivering players currently in the squad and rebuild with proven PL players who'll put in a 100% every game. Tielemans would be a good start.

Status
Not open for further replies.