Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darlington Padgett

I can see Liverpool beating us by 4-5 golas and that should be the end. Worse manager in the premier league by far.

ShinjiNinja26

Should never have gotten the job on a permanent basis anyway. The one time you thought the board was acting proper by taking their time and carefully planning their next appointment they end up buckling under the pressure of fan hysteria when we went on a good run and threw any planning out the window by giving him the gig full time. I think we all knew deep down it was never going to end well but no one wanted to say it because he’s a club legend.

Waynne

We'll be mid-table come Xmas if the board don't act.
That's going to be a damn sad sight to see.

SAFMUTD

SAF beat Arsenal 2:0 with:
VDS
Brown, Smalling, Vidic, Evra,
Rafael, Gibson, O'Shea, Fabio
Rooney Hernandez

Can you imagine Ole with these kind of team? 20-25 points at then end of the season?
Stop this, you are comparing an all time great. Arguably the greatest coach in history with Ole...Ole is not even the greatest coach of his league, damn he's not even a top coach by any standard.

drdoityourself

We cannot press as a team, we don't play in any particular style, there is no urgency from the players. It's just as if there isn't a manager at this club.

I don't see him going anytime soon though.

lloyd2wayne

One of the top 2 worse coaches to ever manage United and he’s closing in on the worse. He’s so very bad at coaching it’s incredibly sad. The ego he has to not bring in quality assistants but sticking with amateurs like Carrick and McKenna says it all.

Get this man out of the club immediately. We are become a laughing stock every week. I bet teams can’t wait to play us

GMoore23

My patience is wearing thin.
I've supported Ole whole heartedly all the way through his tenure here. I thought he did as good as anyone would in his first season as the squad was absolute shit.
Last season was a step forward again with 2nd in the league and Europa finalists although the final itself really did leave a sour taste in my mouth.
After the summer window though, I said before the season start that my expectations were now much higher.
Ole has failed miserably thus far this season and unlike on other occasions, I don't think he'll turn it around this time.
The football has been woeful but It's his cowardice that angers me most.
The man is afraid to make the big calls and this goes back to when De Gea was costing us big time.
Maguire and Shaw have been out performed by Lindelof, Varane and Telles this season yet they start no matter what. Maguire literally cost us the game today.
Bruno should be helping the midfield out more but again, Ole is afraid of upsetting him.
VDB can't get a game even though all our other 4 cm's have been shit this season. He also broke his word to VDB which is not the mark of a good leader.
The football is a dire watch, we literally look like 11 strangers out there.
It's now occurring to me that Ole doesn't know how to manage a top team and is better suited to a team in transition or a mid table team where he can set up defensively and just hit on the counter.
His style is extremely comparable to old past it Mourinho.
Cowardice setup with us constantly set up in survival mode.

I've had just about enough. I want a true leader in charge with the balls to manage Manchester United the proper way.
We can't waste the squad we have now, it's taken 8 years to build.

spiriticon

Either he gets 2 world class coaches in tomorrow, and I mean tomorrow, or he has to go.

This Ole, Phelan, Carrick, McKenna team is doing my nut in

YeahYeah

Dont wanna be the I told you guy but just get this over with. Put him out of his misery too. He is way out of his depth. How long the board wants to run from that reality? Its a lose lose situation at this point. You like Ole, we get it. You gave him a nice contract, you took care of him. Now let everyone move on.

Cloud7

And to think certain posters are upset because i post too many negative stories of Ole :lol:
The Ole fans are some of the most defensive people I've seen on here. It's definitely a defense mechanism to deny the truth.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Too much overreaction again.

If he doesn't win a trophy he will be gone in the summer.

Nothing happens until then.

Sacking shouts in october are ridiculous.

Jaxa

Can I just remind everyone we have a board who just gave Ole a new 3 year contract a few months ago after that dire end to the season so if you think he will be sacked anytime soon probably think again,

Even if he is this is what we’re up against, we don’t just have a shit amateur manager we also have a shit amateur board and then shit amateur owners, we’re one of the biggest clubs in the world and reek of amateur top to bottom , rotten to the core

SER19

Ole is like many of us if we were offered the job. We'd give it absolutely everything, and want nothing more than to turn it around and reward all the fans with a return to trophies. None of us would be good enough and we wouldn't want to walk away. There's no need to ever get rude or hateful about it, those above him need to do what's right

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He got everything wrong today . Everything .

Knowing they will press us high, should have started Donny. Matic and Donny would have got us the control. Martial who scored the goal against Everton ,wasn't even considered .

Bruno who did feck all finished the game. Ronaldo wasn't getting anything in the box or to his feet. Did nothing

Maguire should never have started.

Please leave .

SirAF

Ageist
Should never have gotten the job on a permanent basis anyway. The one time you thought the board was acting proper by taking their time and carefully planning their next appointment they end up buckling under the pressure of fan hysteria when we went on a good run and threw any planning out the window by giving him the gig full time. I think we all knew deep down it was never going to end well but no one wanted to say it because he’s a club legend.
Totally agree. It would have been almost sacrilege to say it at the time, but I’ve often thought that Paris was a curse in disguise.

dove

Shambolic display as always. Such a shame we waste the time with Ole in charge while we could be doing much better with any other competent coach.

Dinghy

He's deserved his time up until now, but our last few games have been far from good enough, and he knows it. SAF getting involved in bringing back a player we didn't really want will be the final nail in the coffin for him.

The Ole fans are some of the most defensive people I've seen on here. It's definitely a defense mechanism to deny the truth.
Its so true, and tbh i dont even go out of my way to post negative stories i just post whatever i come across on social media. We play awful football and the results aren't good so truth be told there's not many postive stories out there.

BlueHaze

And to think certain posters are upset because i post too many negative stories of Ole :lol:
It's actually pathetic.. three years in, still playing rubbish, coming of the best summer window in years, being backed more than any other we've had and people still defending him. I genuinely believe they just want to provoke reactions at this point.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

:lol: why wait? the writing has been on the wall for a long time. He just gets excuse after excuse.

Anyway by the time december come I think we will be out of touch anyway.

hobbers

Simply too invested in their original defense of him and now cant see the wood for the trees.

It's not about what's best for the club with these people it's only about them being proven right.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20

Why not right? What’s another season? Just waste it, who cares?

There is definitely enough proof to suggest a trophy is on the cards!

Fingers crossed eh?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

He should probably be answering those sort of questions rather than asking.

Focusmate

Supports
Non League
Never been Ole out but we do not look well coached or managed.
Im thinking last year’s 2nd place flattered us a bit like when we came 2nd under Mourinho - we now have a much better team though but are going backwards.
There needs to be a turn around and quick.
This was always going to be his last season unless we won silverware for me but it feels like we might need a change sooner.
We need to be lining someone up now in case things get worse - and not a short term manager like Conte

Fooza

With our performance you'd be deluded to think we'll even get top 4 this season, let alone a trophy. Bar Leeds in the first game, we've struggled and haven't won a game convincingly.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's over reliant on people he likes and doesn't trust the squad.

The likes of Bailly, VDB will never be trusted, so when they're required they don't even get a sniff.

He should probably be answering those sort of questions rather than asking.
What he's saying is this is why I play Mcfred. His answer is run more :lol:

MonkeysMagic

When liv fans are trolling and trending #Olein, there is nowhere else to hide. We know the owners have no real interest in Utd winning anything, but now their beloved 'top 4' trophy is looking out of reach, another unplanned and inadequate appointment will surely follow.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Simply too invested in their original defense of him and now cant see the wood for the trees.

It's not about what's best for the club with these people it's only about them being proven right.
No it's about them looking good, it's about bragging about the realness of their fanhood. I don't think that they mind being wrong as long as they look proper.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
That decision to give him a new contract to 2024 was daft then, and it looks irresponsible now.

Giggsyking

I noticed a poster tagging you complaining because you shared a story about Ole. It feels like we are living in a police state, you cant even share stories without being attacked by those posters.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.