Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFC NimbleThumb

Spot on. Sentimentality is the bane of our football club's existence.
We’ve gone from expecting top performances in all departments to justifying our way out of every OgS failure.

The lows have been fecking disgraceful at points & [some] fans have fell over themselves to degrade tournaments we can’t win, teams we can’t beat & more. We’ve done this to ourselves as a whole & it’s all coming home to roost.

We’re at a point where we’re pointing the career of OgS above the betterment of the club so for as long as we stick with him we deserve this.

AneRu

He will stick around for the money, it's quite obvious and I wouldnt blame him but the board is taking the piss if we see him take another training session after this. The incompetence is staggering and laughable at the same time.

Godfather

Too close is fun as we haven't been further away form anything meaningful in a very very long time. Probably further away than under any manager post Fergie.

Thiagoal

I can only think he means he’s too close to a payout to walk away. We’re no where near close to a good team

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Textbook con man approach to the situation.

"Just wait people, the change is right around the corner!"
"We're too close to give up now, just invest a bit more and we're there!"

BorisManUtd

It is good description, few times in 1st half players were bumping into each other + that Rashford pass all the way back to Salah :lol: it's just a bunch of individuals, not a team but a group of players improvising without a proper game plan.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
It is good description, few times in 1st half players were bumping into each other + that Rashford pass all the way back to Salah :lol: it's just a bunch of individuals, not a team but a group of players improvising without a proper game plan.
Yeah it was under 10's stuff from us. De Gea has every right to be furious watching that amateur shite.

dove

“Too close to give up” :lol::lol: oh dear, this guy is worse than Moyes.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Out of the title race in October, with this squad. Incompetent.
It's even more laughable when you factor in our starting fixtures compared to our rivals. Had by far the easiest start to anyone and we're level on points with Arsenal!

Kopral Jono

Here's the video. Zero conviction in his words. A defeated man.

This is the look of man who knows that his time is up. I just hope the board does the decent thing and put this man, who happens to be a legend of our club, out of his misery.

BorisManUtd

Yeah it was under 10's stuff from us. De Gea has every right to be furious watching that amateur shite.
Yeah, it's kinda sad how we're back to the 2014-2018 days where we mostly play bad and De Gea is one player that can hold his head high. All the money spent for us to go back to those times.

TsuWave

anybody expecting this guy to quit was lying to themselves.

gets paid millions, still have a substantial of fans supporting him because of a goal scored two decades ago, friends in the media won't call him out, standards keep getting lowered.

guy is living the dream

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Here's the video. Zero conviction in his words. A defeated man.

A hard watch and a harder listen. Talking about how he feels a Man Utd team has to be on the front foot at home? Sorry, that's no justification for our kamikaze approach. You cannot give Liverpool space to play into. Is he going to do the same against City, just cos that's how Man Utd should play? Hurting himself now. Would have done better to accept he got it wrong.

Tony247

The way players played today pretty sure they have lost faith in Ole's management or lack of it.

SAFMUTD

No chance in hell he's giving up his dream job. If he resigns he'll be flying on the first plane out of Manchester to Norway, and be stuck in Scandinavian football mediocrity forever and ever until the end of time.
I understand it, but the fact that it doesn't even cross his mind it's infuriating. As if he dony realize the severity of what happened today.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
The way players played today pretty sure they have lost faith in Ole's management or lack of it.
You imagine players seeing what happened in that first half midweek, that the lineup failed, he changed it at half time, we won. So what does he do. Start with the starting lineup from midweek again.

Castia

Non existent style of play, there‘s no doubt in my mind Ole must go.

We play like shit every week and the technical players in the squad can barely get a game (Sancho, Donny, Pogba) it’s a massive waste of time.

OhGee

He’s the grown up version of Don Draper’s son from Mad Men.
Nope my friend, the parting
He’s the grown up version of Don Draper’s son from Mad Men.
Nope my friend, Ed’s parting gift was extending Carrick, McKenna and Phelan’s contracts. For Ole to up them up in the post match interview was criminal. If he (Ole) by his own admission does not get involved in the coaching and our players look all lost running around like headless chickens on the playing field, then that’s a coaching issue. Please rather keep your mouth shut about it that try bigging up your coaches

Dansk

Ole has to go, that much is clear by now; but whoever replaces him, I'm worried that he'll simply become the fifth consecutive manager who seems to have all the same problems. We've been complaining about the exact same things since Moyes, and at this point it's hard to believe that the manager is the cause. Ole isn't the one who can fix it, but noone even seems to be able to identify what "it" is. There's just this mysterious curse of chronic underperformance that has followed this team for eight years. Right now, I feel like we could appoint the best manager in the world and he would have those exact same issues. These issues have persisted for so long that the only thing about the club that hasn't changed in that time is the owners, and while I'm not fond of the Glazers at all, surely they can't have this much of an impact on what happens on the pitch. But I can't even begin to guess at the actual cause. If I was superstitious, I'd say that it looks exactly as if the club has legitimately been cursed.

Tony247

You imagine players seeing what happened in that first half midweek, that the lineup failed, he changed it at half time, we won. So what does he do. Start with the starting lineup from midweek again.
Exactly! How on earth he couldn't see the problems in that line up and thought it would work against this liverpool side! Highest level of self absorbedness.

Status
Not open for further replies.