Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Too close :houllier:
One of the most expensively assembled and paid squads in the world consistently putting in poor performances ultimately has to lead to a change in manager.
United legend but he's just not a good enough manager.

RedRover

“Too close to give up now.”

His delusion and lack of insight in making that comment is reason enough to sack him.

He isn’t, and never has been of the required standard to manage the club. His CV tells you all you need to know. Average manager who’d never have set foot in the door if he wasn’t a club legend.

The fact that he’s still in a job when he’s so very obviously out of his depth is an embarrassment to the club and the people running it.

Kopral Jono

I understand it, but the fact that it doesn't even cross his mind it's infuriating. As if he dony realize the severity of what happened today.
My guess is deep inside it must have crossed his mind at some point today out of pride and love for the club, but why would he? It's United or bust for him -- this is by far the best gig he could ever have dreamed for. He'd be extremely lucky to get a job in Scotland if he quits, let alone England.

Cloud7

I’m getting a really sinking feeling that he’s actually going to survive this and the Ole debacle is going to continue dragging on.

Kopral Jono

I’m getting a really sinking feeling that he’s actually going to survive this and the Ole debacle is going to continue dragging on.
This is most frustrating. It's not as if the season isn't salvageable at this point if we act quickly.

Roboc7

Feel sorry for him coming out with nonsense like we’re too close. He’s obviously desperate not to get sacked, this is his one and only chance but we’re nowhere near and never will be with him in charge.

Last season was his peak, that’s as good as it was ever going to get.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude

His delusion and lack of insight in making that comment is reason enough to sack him.

He isn’t, and never has been of the required standard to manage the club. His CV tells you all you need to know. Average manager who’d never have set foot in the door if he wasn’t a club legend.

The fact that he’s still in a job when he’s so very obviously out of his depth is an embarrassment to the club and the people running it.
He starts it off with" I've come too far". Out of his depth sadly.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Feel sorry for him coming out with nonsense like we’re too close. He’s obviously desperate not to get sacked, this is his one and only chance but we’re nowhere near and never will be with him in charge.

It was. Second place and he could have won a trophy as well, but to me blew it.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Not that he doesn't want to resign, he is saying that we are close to .....something?!!

I told you many times. If we end up being relegated, he would not quit. He is leeching this club to maximum.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Ole is right. We are close to being successful. It’s just that he’s getting in the way of it.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

too close to what? Relegation? The Cardiffisation of Manchester United?

Kopral Jono

Like I said earlier in this thread, he knows he deserves the sack and is too lost for words (or confused) at what has happened, but as a United manager you shouldn't be in this position in the first place. He's desperately out of his depth.

drmuji

I never will right against my manager. Never have, never will. But I just was wondering when was the last time I felt this bad. Probably 13 years back when we lost to City on Munich day.
For a lot of us, united is our only outlet in our stuck up hard lives. Only this gives us pleasure. All week we wait for match day. And I don't mind us losing against Liverpool, (hell! I was predicting a loss), its the manner of our defeat. We were humiliated today by our oldest rivals. I'd remember this day

jasT1981

While I think this is close to the end for Ole, I can't blame him fully. There is something much deeper and it is rotten at the core of Utd. It crept in during SAF last few years and got worse under Moyes, LVG, Jose and now Ole. Is Ole as manager an issue? yes, but another change won't fix it as the core will still be rotten.

World class players but a terrible team. Changes need to be made and the manager is only the icing on the cake, below that the cake is blue moulded.

AshRK

Not only given up on him, have also given up on the club. We are too bothered about protecting his legacy than saving the club's.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.

I can't believe what I'm reading ? WTF ?
No words :houllier:

What does it even mean? Is he telling us to expect this kind of performance since he is close to the level he thinks we should be at?

drmuji

While I think this is close to the end for Ole, I can't blame him fully. There is something much deeper and it is rotten at the core of Utd. It crept in during SAF last few years and got worse under Moyes, LVG, Jose and now Ole. Is Ole as manager an issue? yes, but another change won't fix it as the core will still be rotten.

World class players but a terrible team. Changes need to be made and the manager is only the icing on the cake, below that the cake is blue moulded.
What deep rotten thing is there. I need to congratulate Ole for the work he has done in assembling the best team in the country. And they are being paid well as well. Our club finances are being taken care of. Glazers have finally listened to us.

Apokalips

What deep rotten thing is there. I need to congratulate Ole for the work he has done in assembling the best team in the country. And they are being paid well as well. Our club finances are being taken care of. Glazers have finally listened to us.
It's all just weird nonsense people spout as if United are somehow different to everyone else and play by different rules. Same way that hiring a proven manager won't work because we tried that with LVG and Mou... Guess we shouldn't have signed Ronaldo or try for Haaland because proven Lukaku didn't work out, maybe let's give a sunday league forward a shot instead.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Liverpool fans were singing Ole's at the Wheel (that fecking song will haunt us for years to come) that's all the evidence you need to sack him.

Redfrog

Ole has to go, that much is clear by now; but whoever replaces him, I'm worried that he'll simply become the fifth consecutive manager who seems to have all the same problems. We've been complaining about the exact same things since Moyes, and at this point it's hard to believe that the manager is the cause. Ole isn't the one who can fix it, but noone even seems to be able to identify what "it" is. There's just this mysterious curse of chronic underperformance that has followed this team for eight years. Right now, I feel like we could appoint the best manager in the world and he would have those exact same issues. These issues have persisted for so long that the only thing about the club that hasn't changed in that time is the owners, and while I'm not fond of the Glazers at all, surely they can't have this much of an impact on what happens on the pitch. But I can't even begin to guess at the actual cause. If I was superstitious, I'd say that it looks exactly as if the club has legitimately been cursed.
Or maybe we just hired just the wrong people…which I think is the case… when you look at Moyes, Van Gaal, Mourinho or Ole do you see something impressive (I am not speaking about the past) ? It would have been different with Klopp or Pep, I am certain about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.