Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaos

i can't believe he wants to carry on
If he resigns now he'll be forfeiting the payout from his 3 year £10million/year contract, and will likely be ringing the Molde chairman on Monday for his job back. So I'm not surprised he's choosing to hang on. Wouldn't any of us if we knew our jobs were on the line?

Stadjer

Since Ole-inners are probably having even tougher time than the rest of us, I prepared a list of excuses for Ole/reasons for him to stay for them so that they can pick and choose them freely:

1. If Bruno scored the first chance we would win.
2. We were just unlucky and did not finish chances but Liverpool did.
3. Players let Ole down.
4. Fergie lost 1-6 and 0-5 two times. See, Ole is just like him.
5. Fergie was also not as good tactically as in other field. See, Ole is just like him.
6. We persisted with Fergie and hit jackpot - might hit it again. Because Ole is just like him.
7. Ole did wonders to finish 2nd with such a shit squad. Also, he assembled a great squad.
8. Only 3 points from top4 after just 9 games. No reason to panic.
9. Ole assembled a great squad, identifying Ronaldo, Varane, Cavani and Sancho was a stroke of genius. But shame that board forced the likes of VdB on him.
10. Ole himself cleared a lot of deadwood. Shame the board fought against him and extended Grant, Mata, Jones, Pereira and Bailly contracts.
11. We are top of the group in CL.
12. Great comebacks! Would have done one against Liverpool if not for Ronaldo's offside.
13. A caretaker would only make things worse. If he does not have "United DNA" of course.
14. Changing the mangers is only United Way if an existing manager does not have United DNA and the new one does. Since Ole does have it, no reason to change.
14. Ole plays lots of young players in a united way. Greenwood, Greenwood, Greenwood, Greenwood and Greenwood! And also Amad played once.
15. Ole did great against big teams two years ago.
16. Chelsea, Liverpool and Man City were in perpetual crisis over the last many years. This year Ole was ready to take the title but very unluckily they all started to be great all at once. He cannot be expected to compete with them.
17. Varane was injured. Ole spent only 130m on the remaining defense. So he cannot be held accountable for defense performances. Have you seen Pep's spending on defense?!
18. The atmosphere is great, the boyzzz are buzzing. No other coach could possibly replicate it, even if he wins trophies.
19. Klopp also started slowly at Liverpool. It is a process, a transition. It is not finished, we went too far to break it. Ole needs another 3-4 world class players before he can be judged.
20. Ole cannot be expected to make top4 let alone challenge the title without signing a DM. It is obvious that the board banned him from doing so over the last 3 years.
Im just missing 21. Pogba his sending of ruined a legendary comeback

dutchred

If he resigns now he'll be forfeiting the payout from his 3 year £10million/year contract, and will likely be ringing the Molde chairman on Monday for his job back. So I'm not surprised he's choosing to hang on. Wouldn't any of us if we knew our jobs were on the line?
pride?

gungho

Solskjær asked if he’s the right man for the #mufc job: “I have come too far, we have come too far as a group and we are too close to give up now." #mulive [bbc]
Close to what?! Crashing and burning? With all due respect, take the toy wheel with you and feck off!

Last edited:

Kaos

Is pride worth forfeiting a £20million payout? Realistically this will probably be the last big job he gets before he's back at the Norwegian league. I mean I believe him when he says he loves the club, but I don't think he loves it to the extent that he'd forego both the huge financial compensation package and whatever time he has left in the big leagues for the sake of pride. He's still human after all.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
As much as I've been firmly behind Ole and I'm guessing what you would call a 'Ole in'er, he shouldn't need more time with that squad at his disposal. We're now on a par with Arsenal and can't even banter them anymore. 8 pts off the leaders already and we hadn't really played any of the big guns until today, out of 1 cup competition already, criminally under-using the squad at his disposal and just about hanging on in the CL.

Solskjaer has really hit his ceiling. I've no doubt he will be gone before 1 Jan. I think it's time for him to polish up his resume.

I just hope United act decisively and with intent and ambition.

hobbers

He's never giving up on millions to resign. It's not happening.

No amount of love for the club or pride is worth £10-20m payout.

People need to stop talking about it like it's possible.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
No matter what, I'll never forgive this guy for making me feel embarrassed this way. I'll never forgive him for such humiliation.

I want to forget he has ever managed our team. I want to forgive this game has ever existed.
I remember last season when a lot of people where giving you stick for your negativity. You then tried to be more positive. What a waste of a week that was :lol:

dutchred

Is pride worth forfeiting a £20million payout? Realistically this will probably be the last big job he gets before he's back at the Norwegian league. I mean I believe him when he says he loves the club, but I don't think he loves it to the extent that he'd forego both the huge financial compensation package and whatever time he has left in the big leagues for the sake of pride. He's still human after all.
I'm sure he could could to some agreement with United, where he receives some compensation and saves face by resigning. Also I don't think ge's poor

Kaos

I'm sure he could could to some agreement with United, where he receives some compensation and saves face by resigning. Also I don't think ge's poor
He's not poor but he's not Jeff Bezos levels of stupid rich either. A £10-20million payout isn't an amount to point your nose at, even for a millionaire like Ole. But you're right - the ideal scenario would be some compromise where he walks with substantial compensation package.

Ralph1386

I think he’s made enough money in the last few years as well as throughout his playing career. But by the looks of his body language at the post-game interview, he doesn’t look like a man about to resign.

Zoo

He can say what he wants. Just look at the dugout at the end. All the players heads were bowed and Carrick and McKenna looked beaten too. It’s over.

Ludens the Red

Since Ole-inners are probably having even tougher time than the rest of us, I prepared a list of excuses for Ole/reasons for him to stay for them so that they can pick and choose them freely:

3. Players let Ole down.
5. Fergie was also not as good tactically as in other field. See, Ole is just like him.
6. We persisted with Fergie and hit jackpot - might hit it again. Because Ole is just like him.
7. Ole did wonders to finish 2nd with such a shit squad. Also, he assembled a great squad.
9. Ole assembled a great squad, identifying Ronaldo, Varane, Cavani and Sancho was a stroke of genius. But shame that board forced the likes of VdB on him.
10. Ole himself cleared a lot of deadwood. Shame the board fought against him and extended Grant, Mata, Jones, Pereira and Bailly contracts.
12. Great comebacks! Would have done one against Liverpool if not for Ronaldo's offside.
13. A caretaker would only make things worse. If he does not have "United DNA" of course.
14. Changing the mangers is only United Way if an existing manager does not have United DNA and the new one does. Since Ole does have it, no reason to change.
14. Ole plays lots of young players in a united way. Greenwood, Greenwood, Greenwood, Greenwood and Greenwood! And also Amad played once.
16. Chelsea, Liverpool and Man City were in perpetual crisis over the last many years. This year Ole was ready to take the title but very unluckily they all started to be great all at once. He cannot be expected to compete with them.
17. Varane was injured. Ole spent only 130m on the remaining defense. So he cannot be held accountable for defense performances. Have you seen Pep's spending on defense?!
18. The atmosphere is great, the boyzzz are buzzing. No other coach could possibly replicate it, even if he wins trophies.
19. Klopp also started slowly at Liverpool. It is a process, a transition. It is not finished, we went too far to break it. Ole needs another 3-4 world class players before he can be judged.
20. Ole cannot be expected to make top4 let alone challenge the title without signing a DM. It is obvious that the board banned him from doing so over the last 3 years.
:lol:

Robindinho

Close to what?!

He's been here now for nearly 3 years, we've won zero trophies. Been nowhere near challenging for the title. Out in the Champions League group stage last season - chance that happens this season too. After just 9 games in the league, we're already out of the title race and are left to slog it out for 4th place... That's not even mentioning how awful our football is and amateur the tactics are.

Yet, we're close apparently - he talks bollocks.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

3. Players let Ole down.
:lol:

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
We are different, unlike ole we don't already have millions in our bank account.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I find it weird that a lot of the people insisting that Ole has done a great job ‘till now and would leave the club in a really good place, are often the same people who regularly say shit like “who else is gonna come in and do better, exactly” or fervently argue against X or Y as not the right ideological fit.

Surely if he’s leaving the club in such a good place… LOADS of fecking people can? Literally anyone better than him, no?

dove

I remember saying Ole is as bad as Arteta. I take back my words. Ole is worse. He would definitely have Arsenal relegated. Baffling how he survived for that long, absolutely terrible manager.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He’s really getting close to that

Stevies

In fairness, Klopp would also struggle to have this team press properly at this moment! With Ronaldo back, it's been even harder to implement it. And with Sancho in they have to change from direct counter-attack as style of play. Solution: short term go back to basics. Defend properly. Thats said, i doubt Ole is the one leader for the players to look to through this difficult times. Unfortunately!

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
The solemn social media blitz begins.
It's sickening. Sick of them being all contrite after another shambolic performance. feck off with that nonsense. Everyone knows they're still getting paid Manchester United wages without meeting Manchester United expectations. The least they could do is stop it with all these social media nonsense. Sorry means nothing when it keeps happening over and over again.

Eddy_JukeZ

I wish we were more ruthless.

He should be sacked immediately the day after the game.

But we won't sack him.

This club is a giant cheerleader for the manager. We need to stop treating the manager as a Messiah-like figure.

It can get worse too.

Foxbatt

I don't want him to leave or be sacked now. For the simple reason The Board will feck it up and get someone like Conte and Ten Hag will go to Barca. Better wait until the season is over. Unless they get someone else to take over as Interim only for end of this season.

Devil may care

Having seen the interview the quotes from it don't tell the story, there was no belief in him, just empty words.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
For all of his qualities such as united man and knows the club, I thought he would resign. If you have the United DNA, you know you don't deserve to continue after a 5-0 rubbing by Liverpool. Show us the United love by resigning. Go ahead Ole ! It's as much as your club as ours, perhaps even more than many of us.

Josh 76

For all of his qualities such as united man and knows the club, I thought he would resign. If you have the United DNA, you know you don't deserve to continue after a 5-0 rubbing by Liverpool. Show us the United love by resigning. Go ahead Ole ! It's as much as your club as ours, perhaps even more than many of us.
If the thick owners didn’t give him a 3 year contract, and he would have resigned today!

But no way is he walking away from that money!

SAFMUTD

Watching the post match interview...damn. he's truly lost. Talking about fine margins, "great effort" to keep the score down in the second half. About us not being clinical, what the actual feck.

I don't think this has affected him or the squad the way it should have, Maguire also talked about of bullshit of the classical "not good enough" blabla

I seriously think they see this game just as another bump in the road and nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.